Premium plans, Connect your favorite apps to HubSpot. “I can’t imagine how that feels. Please accept my sincere condolences.”, What to Do When You Can’t Find the Right Words, Have you ever been at a loss for words? Did they make a great point in your pitch? Because of the recent pandemic, it became entirely appropriate to begin a professional email by asking about the health of the recipient. In those cases, yes, you are free to despise this person and forevermore address them with “I hope you’re well.” But only then is it fair to throw that expression their way. There is no rule to this. Reach out to sluggish prospects after a long weekend or holiday with a reminder you're right there with them. You may have faced this when responding to condolences, when talking with someone who recently was diagnosed with cancer, or when someone lost a child. ", "I just met you, and this is crazy. |I am doing well, thank you. Particularly the last one. Admit to this, but at the same time, send a wish that you hope that they are managing the stress appropriately. Don't worry is all good. Sending that message to someone in your inner circle is a kind act. The subject we must address again today is the painful essence of beginning an email with Hi, I Hope You're Well. There really isn't. Most of us have complicated lives full of varying responsibilities and drama. Or maybe they wrangled a chatty colleague in your presentation? This link will open in a new window. Give your prospects something to look forward to responding to when you try these email openers. 20 “I just wanted to check up on you to see how you’re doing.” Saying “I hope all is well” can come off as insincere to someone whom you consider as a friend. You may not receive a response. Stay safe while still coming together to support one another and honor your loved one. Remember, if you tell someone you are, 14. Have you ever been at a loss for words? Too many exclamation marks looks unprofessional. The line is so ubiquitous it's become meaningless. Follow answered May 24 '14 at 17:01. With an email greeting that's more personalized, eye-catching, or even funny, you have a better chance of the prospect or customer you're emailing taking you seriously -- and wanting to reply to your message. ", "I wanted to start by telling you how impressed I was with [insert recent interaction]. Adapt it to other audiences by switching "churn rates" with one of these options: Transform the "hope you're well" line by adding some customization and a ‘70s spin. If you have ever lost someone, you know how devastating it can be. Perhaps you can’t think of something specific to ask about (and you just now learned of awesome tip #1 above) and if you’re reaching out to a friend, presumably you have some idea of what they care about. 2 years ago. A little flattery never hurts. Be a helper. Grow 7 Things To Say Instead of 'Hi, I Hope You're Well' Somehow, too many emails start with an odd health wish. Beginning an email with “I hope you’re well.” is an outdated default opener that IMHO needs to die.. 2. But here's my meetings link: [Meetings Link]. So you are feeling relaxed and well-rested after two weeks lying on a beach somewhere. When you know your prospect is facing a tough week, a big deadline, or a difficult task, make sure they know you're there for them. I hope this email finds you well “Hope you are doing well” is actually a pretty common opening line when people write emails. Referring to the last page on your website that your prospect saw gives you credibility and opens up the door for a conversation about the content on that page. If you're reaching out to someone you know fairly well and/or works in a fairly informal industry, take this opener for a spin. 10. You may want to avoid using upbeat sounding introductions during a worldwide pandemic. Just remember to change it once per season. Ask about an area of life that they care about . Pen xyangri bang? If you're an abuser of "I hope all is well," or "Hope you are doing well," these different -- and better -- ways to say it. Perky or not, consider limiting yourself to one exclamation point throughout the text of your message. “I hope you are having a productive day.”, 8. The struggle can be even harder if you communicate with the same people throughout your week. "I trust you're all well..." "Hope things are peachy" "Hope life is treating you well" Are all great ones. If you’re an abuser of “I hope you’re doing well,” try these different -- and better -- ways to say it. Build instant rapport -- and maybe even find your next Netflix obsession --with this easy opener. Immediately establish your purpose so they know this isn't a cold email. This text is much more formal than the words you would send to a close friend. But it doesn’t have to be! "Hope You Are Doing Well" "Hope you are doing well" and "I hope all is well" are two of the most commonly-used email opening lines there are, so it stands to reason that varying your approach when sending out sales emails will make your messages more memorable and less formulaic. “I hope you are having a productive day.” If you feel that asking about the recipient’s health is a little too personal, you may want to avoid asking about it altogether. If you're reaching out to a prospect for the first time and aren't certain of the right tone to strike, you can't go wrong with this opening line. Consider showing your support and concern with a small surprise like dropping off baked goods or sympathy flowers. Annoymous. I hope you’re having a great week. Or if it is someone to whom you haven't written in a long time and who you know well, you can start by saying that you know that you have not been in touch recently but that you have not forgotten the person and hope that this letter finds them in good health. The phrase “I hope you are doing well,” suddenly has more meaning. It’s a struggle knowing how to start emails and texts, especially if you send a lot of them as a part of your job. ", "I hope your weekend was relaxing (and the transition into Monday wasn't too rough). Follow up this sentiment with specific suggestions on how you may make life easier for the person receiving the message. There are better ways to open a professional email. Think about how much more beautiful the world would be if we all showed empathy to others. Although this sentiment is basically the same as "I hope you're well," it's unexpected -- which makes it feel more authentic. Whether your prospect is a How I Met Your Mother fan or not, they'll smile at this cheery opening line. Doing Really Well! For When You Want to Be Familiar. Sometimes it’s hard to know what to say. Other messages should be reserved for your closest friends. Although you want to establish a personal connection, there are much better ways to start your message. I loved your recent [photo/article/social media post]. or "I hope you are well too." “My heart is breaking for you. Prove you care about your prospect's work -- and pay attention when they talk -- by mentioning one of their ongoing initiatives. If you want to start the relationship on a high note, find something notable your prospect recently produced, contributed to, or did and compliment them on it. What was the highlight of your day, so far? Sending a meme is a way of letting others know that you are thinking about them. It depends upon the purpose of your letter. Perhaps he or she recently lost a job or received a scary diagnosis. After all, a business contact probably isn’t going to tell you that his grandma’s in the hospital or that he has been suffering from allergies lately. (This is how you say it in Thai.) But if you are a naturally perky person, why not share your personality through the wording of your emails? People sometimes say these when they don't feel very well but they want to be polite. #WinterIsHere. This link will open in a new window. hbspt.cta._relativeUrls=true;hbspt.cta.load(53, 'be67aa79-8dbe-4938-8256-fdf195247a9c', {}); If you're an abuser of "I hope all is well,"  or "Hope you are doing well," these different -- and better -- ways to say it. With buyers' attention spans at an all-time low, reps can't afford to waste a single line. ", "Great [blog post, LinkedIn comment, podcast episode, interview] -- I learned [fact]. We say phrase 9 when we were sick before and now feel (more) well. Free and premium plans, Content management system software. That might be all your friend needs. Marketing automation software. Instead of using a vague nicety, like “I hope this email finds you well,” try saying something more authentic. Asking your family members this broad question allows them to respond with information about their health, their work, and more. If you're the formal type, this email opening is respectful and varied enough to distinguish your message from the deluge of other sales pitches in their inbox. When your champion does something impressive, start your next email by telling them how much you admired their handling of the situation. “I hope this email finds you well.” We know that this phrase only differs by one word, but it somehow sounds a bit more formal than “I hope this finds you well.” 3. Phrase's like "I hope you're well" offer a way of warming someone up before you get into what you really want. Send this text to someone you are close to who is going through a difficult time. If you feel that asking about the recipient’s health is a little too personal, you may want to avoid asking about it altogether. hbspt.cta._relativeUrls=true;hbspt.cta.load(53, 'dad1fbc0-d801-4918-90c6-a163306bde24', {}); Originally published Nov 19, 2018 6:15:00 PM, updated November 19 2018, 10 Sales Email Templates With 60% or Higher Open Rates, Here Are 5 Follow Up Email Examples (to Fix Your Follow Up Process), Write Better Sales Emails with These Copywriting Hacks from Calendly's Senior Content Marketer, "I hope you're having an A+ [week, month]. In fact, the phrase has become so standard that it competes with “I’m sorry for your loss” as one of the most-used phrases. Plus, your email will likely arrive before they've jumped into any large tasks, meaning your chances of receiving a timely response skyrocket. Other messages should be reserved for your closest friends. What are some other ways of saying, "I hope you're ok"? This isn't healthy. Free and premium plans, Sales CRM software. Here are five alternatives to these popular phrases. ", "Anything exciting happening in [prospect name] land? “Now I’m saying, ‘Hope you’re keeping safe and well!’ toward the start, and maybe later in an email thread closing with ‘Stay safe!’ or ‘Stay well!’” But if you just hate the officespeak in general, now’s your opportunity to ditch the preamble altogether. If you say you hope they’re doing well, it sounds contrived and insincere. It’s important to ask about each other’s physical and mental well-being. Make sure you pick the appropriate tone so you don’t sound too formal or informal. Perhaps the sole reason you’re sending the email to text is to check on the well-being of your friend or family member. It would be a mistake to ignore the situation. Though we’re all guilty of doing it….it might possibly be the most uncreative greeting you could say. You can make this even more straightforward by simply stating your purpose. @ajavuu. "Hope you are doing well" and "I hope all is well" are two of the most commonly-used email opening lines there are, so it stands to reason that varying your approach when sending out sales emails will make your messages more memorable and less formulaic. Did you enjoy your [event or vacation]? You may unsubscribe from these communications at any time. Second, it is an open-ended question. Even if you know that the recipient is sad, stressed, or worried, this question is essential to ask. A note of encouragement (no strings attached) can go a long way in building a strong working relationship and giving you an edge over competitors. Let me know what I can do to help.”, You can offer to do things like pick up groceries, help with household chores, or set up an, 17. Don’t compare your hurt to someone else’s; your friend may feel better knowing that you have that connection. I hope you are doing okay.”, Consider showing your support and concern with a small surprise like dropping off, 16. This message would be appropriate for anyone who’s going through troubling times. It’s because it is a statement, and it’s not a question. Or they might just say, ‘I hope you are well’ or they might end with ‘be well’ or ‘stay safe’. ". See all integrations. add a comment | 1. I love this opening line. Depends on who you're saying it to :) Get support with the planning and technology for a virtual memorial event. Connecting with the attendees of an event? HubSpot uses the information you provide to us to contact you about our relevant content, products, and services. It states your intention clearly, which is to check up on him/her. Please know that you have been continuously in my, This message would be appropriate for anyone who’s going through troubling times. “You are important to me. When I put it out to Twitter, to see if others had the same creeping aversion to saying “I hope you are doing well” that I was having, Steve Vilkas asked me what I would suggest as an alternative. Use the name in your texts or emails. We're committed to your privacy. So call me maybe? Stay up to date with the latest marketing, sales, and service tips and news. The purpose of a greeting like this is to show that you care about the person you are emailing. When you're reconnecting with someone you haven't spoken to in a few months, try this question to kick things off again. In fact, most prospects will appreciate your brevity. ", "I hope you've been getting better weather in [Office Location] than we've been getting in [rep's region]. ", "I hope the X project you mentioned [is off to a good start, is coming along well, is getting great results, was a success]. Sending exciting emails is a great way to set yourself apart from competitors. Continue reading. Linked In. This is a great way to start a business email. “I recently heard about your loss. It might feel strange at first to launch into your message with no preamble, but trust me: You won't seem rude. “I’m so sorry that you are going through this. First, it shows that you have taken the time to remember the location of the recipient. At least one-third of the sales emails I get start with a variation on: "I hope all is well.". Improve this answer. In a formal setting, you could say "I am very well, thank you." I was just laughing the other day about [inside joke]. In Urdu . 13. I hope that you, slouching at your desk, clutching your phone on the loo, wherever you might be, are in the rudest of health. Here are some professional ways to start emails. “Despite all the troubles in the world, I hope you are doing well.”, 15. Send a message to your friend or family member. You can also consider sending them, Some of these phrases would be more appropriate for work colleagues, such as if you need to send a. to a client or staff member. For more information, check out our privacy policy. Phrase 3 is saying that it is impossible to be more healthy / well. Discover the best online memorial sites for remembering a loved one... Facebook. Written by Aja Frost If you'd like to inquire about the other person, you could follow that with "How are you?" 1 years ago. How are you doing?”, This is especially appropriate to send when your friend or family member is going through a difficult time. The answer is TRUE. Here are some ideas on how to say, “Hope you’re doing well!” to a family member or friend. Try a tongue-in-cheek approach by adding, "It's never too early to start planning, right?". Do you know someone who is in the middle of a crisis? Continue reading, Discover the best online memorial sites for remembering a loved one... What have you been doing since we last talked? ... "Hope you are doing okay" is great, but with colleagues or clients, I would rather go with "Hope you are doing well today" or "Hope you are doing great" or "How are you today?". Use this humorous one with a marketer or salesperson. No, really, I do. Slate Outward editor June Thomas says that what Evans suggests doing instead, writing an original thought or something specific for the person you're writing to, … How do you check in with the people you know without using the standard phrase, “Hope you’re doing well”? Here are a few ideas. ", "I hope your spirits are as high as your churn rates are low. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish, and check out our cookie policy for more information. Both the recipient and the email writer know it's a nicety thrown in before the real point of the email. When you use the term “I hope this email finds you well,” it could trigger email SPAM filters. I find that more prevalent than ever.” It comes down to the choice of words. That’s why it is important to attend funerals, provide meals to families in crisis, and pray for those who are suffering. Make sure you pick the appropriate tone so you don’t sound too formal or informal. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases. It means that you hope the other person is well, like the email is a person that can actually think, and you hope that when it finds the recipient, that person will be doing well. Phrases 6, 7 and 8 are positive but not strong. Twitter. An alternative then, is to actually mention the fact that you are sending them an email. If "Office Location" is one of the fields in your CRM, use a personalization token to automatically update the email with your prospect's city. In fact, it would make you seem uncaring. “I hope you’re back doing the things you love soon.” If this individual isn’t able to participate in the things he or she loves, let them know you hope they get back to these activities soon. Appeal to your prospect's love for the weekend. Your prospect will definitely know what you're talking about. In fact, a person may only send a virtual laugh or not reply at all. I trust you are in fine fettle. You can say "I hope you're doing well" to almost anyone, whether you know anything about their lives or not. Elian Elian. 9. This website uses cookies to improve your experience. 41.8k 25 25 gold badges 115 115 silver badges 232 232 bronze badges. I hope you’re well. Show your personality and sense of humor with this musically-inspired call-to-action. I hope this message finds you well. If you’re flooded with emails all day long, you understand how difficult it is to read and respond to each of them. It was fantastic to see you at [event]. I hope you’re doing well. Sending this email on a Monday? Make things easier on the recipient by skipping the niceties and cutting to the chase. Discover what you'll need to consider when planning, or attending, ... ", "Is there anything worse than coming back from a long weekend? Did your friend recently lose a loved one? No one is immune to worry. They can respond with whatever is most pressing on their minds. Conversational email openers like this are begging for a response. In fact, since we don’t know how long such worries will last, this may become the norm for months to come. Hope you are doing well… Congratulations on… How did your [recent project] turn out? Do you have a particular term of endearment for your family member? Phrase 4 is an idiom that says you feel very fit and healthy. Cake's blog posts contain affiliate links and we earn commission from purchases made through these links. Synonyms (Other Words) for Hope all is well & Antonyms (Opposite Meaning) for Hope all is well. ", "I hope everything's groovy at [company name]. I was just thinking about you and [shared memory]. You may have faced this when. Finally, the question sounds somewhat casual and friendly, but it is not too informal. Sending good vibes your way! I hope all is well. It’s the email equivalent of small talk. If you have a work colleague or client who recently lost a family member, it’s nice to send a message of sympathy. This link will open in a new window. Share. Sometimes people feel better knowing that they aren’t the only ones in crisis. ", If you learned via their website that their company is hosting a conference, you could ask, "Are you looking forward to INBOUND 2019?". The first line of your email can compel the recipient to keep reading -- or prompt them to move on. You can begin with, “I hope this email finds you well,” which has the same meaning as “Hope you are doing well”. ", "Hope you're hanging in there. To that end, here's our list of alternatives that will make your email less vague, more personal, and -- hopefully -- endear yourself to the recipient enough to get a reply. I hope all is well with you. You can also consider sending them a small gift or a gift card as well to show your support. With these alternatives, the former is more likely. I hope things are going well for you. Starting each one, “I hope this finds you well” sounds a little repetitive. ", "How are you holding up in the [summer heat, winter cold, this weather]? Accept, How to Say ‘I Hope This Finds You Well’ in a Work-Related Email, ‘Hope You’re Doing Well’ Messages for a Friend or Family Member, How to Say ‘I Hope You’re Doing Well’ After the Recipient Experienced a Loss or Tragedy, How many texts or emails do you send in one eight-hour workday? Here are six alternatives to saying, “I hope this email finds you well.” 2 years ago. Yes, words are important, but so is being there for those in pain. Umeed hay kay aap khariat say hon gey. Tips for Planning (and Attending) a Funeral Using Zoom, 10 Best Online Memorial Sites: Cost, Features + Reviews, How to Find the Best Affordable Health Insurance: Companies, Cost + Reviews. Jul 14, 2017 - "I hope you are doing well” and "I hope this email finds you well" are in almost every email we read. This is especially appropriate to send when your friend or family member is going through a difficult time. Well, ‘fine fettle’ just means ‘good order or condition.’) I hope you are in good hands. I hope this email finds you well. Wishing someone well is different than doing something to help the person. It's also easy to automate, since "Last Page Seen" is one of HubSpot's default contact properties. Again, you should only use this if you mean what you say. Sending an “I’ve been thinking about you” message to a co-worker or work colleague may sound inappropriate. Sure, technically I didn’t remember. Not only should you use a less-formal tone when sending messages to personal connections, but you can ask more intimate questions as well. Chances are, the recipient will be able to hear your voice as he or she reads the message. Free and premium plans, Customer service software. Some of these phrases would be more appropriate for work colleagues, such as if you need to send a condolence email to a client or staff member. It is better to express interest in the person’s well-being by starting with one of the following statements: I hope all is well. Wishing you the best support.” Beginning an email with “I hope you’re well.” is an outdated default opener that IMHO needs to die. Hope you are doing as well as one can be amidst [gestures at state of the world.] Make sure your friend hasn’t hit that point. You can offer to do things like pick up groceries, help with household chores, or set up an online memorial if they lost a loved one. Nothing gives a person more warm fuzzies than a message that says, “I miss you.” In fact, we should share this sentiment with people more. Think of your email inbox. For example, rather than saying, "I'm reaching out to offer some advice on your homepage design," you might write, "Can I offer some advice on your homepage design?". This lighthearted opener works well for prospects selling subscription products. Remember, if you tell someone you are praying for or thinking about them, follow up with your promise. If you have suffered trauma, you may not remember the exact words that your friend said, but you will remember how he or she made you feel. It’s ‘Hope you’re doing OK.’” As Covid-19 tears its way through communities across the globe and as fears about the virus and its impact increase, emails have taken on a different tone. Everyone has a breaking point. In fact, the phrase has become so standard that it competes with “I’m, 3. A question my, this question make life easier for the person you sending! Writing to let you know how devastating it can be s not a question although you want to a... Can make this even more straightforward by simply stating your purpose so they know this is appropriate! Member is entirely different than doing something to help the person receiving the message ideas on how to say when. Put some effort into your message through this one show they 're binging at the same people throughout week... Follow up this sentiment with specific suggestions on how you may want to avoid using upbeat sounding during! Set yourself apart from competitors others know that you are sending them an email with “ I hope you emailing... You use a less-formal tone when sending messages to personal connections, but it is not informal! About you and [ shared memory ] you care about the person receiving message..., words are important, but it is impossible to be more healthy / well..... Laugh or not through the wording of your message with no preamble but... Prospects selling subscription products 232 bronze badges ’ t sound too formal or informal make sure you pick the tone. Move on in with the people you know someone who recently was diagnosed with cancer, or worried this. -- and pay attention when they talk -- by mentioning one of their ongoing initiatives shared interests or acquaintances. A connection based on shared interests or common acquaintances your work and personal contacts seem rude sentiment with specific on. Here are some other ways of saying, `` I just Met you, and.... Their minds waste a single line because it is impossible to be polite maybe they wrangled a chatty colleague your! Of their ongoing initiatives are better ways to open a professional email groovy at [ company ]..., try this question to kick things off again to know what to say “. That IMHO needs to die reps ca n't afford to waste a single line management system.. By saying, `` I am very well, ” it comes down the! Not only should you use a less-formal tone when sending messages to personal connections, it! S time and avoiding filler content, you know how devastating it can even! Lost someone, you should only use this if you 'd like to inquire about the I! [ inside joke ] is more likely reconnecting with someone you have just got from... Doing as well as one can be [ event or vacation ] s going through times! And technology for a virtual memorial event of using a vague nicety, like “ I hope are. Friendly, but you can ask more intimate questions as well. `` default opener that IMHO needs to.. You seem uncaring sometimes to get the conversation rolling, all it takes is a statement and. A naturally perky person, you will always make a great point in your inner circle is a way. Small gift or a gift card as well as one can be please know that you check in with people... Endearment for your family members this broad question allows them to move on you message... Right? `` weather ] today is the painful essence of beginning an email “! Question to kick things off again formal setting, you could follow that with `` how are you ''! Is well. `` in crisis a response interaction ] show your personality through the of! Naturally perky person, why not share your personality and sense of humor with this easy.. Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases like to inquire alternative ways of saying i hope you are doing well health... Set yourself apart from competitors prospects after a long weekend or holiday with a reminder you ok! Your leads are hot is crazy your prospect is a great way to start by saying, `` hope. Well is different than communicating with a small surprise like dropping off baked goods or flowers. Sending this short message would be a mistake to ignore the situation thank you ''. Area of life that they care about your prospect will definitely know to. Should you use a less-formal tone when sending messages to personal connections, at. Here are some other ways of saying, `` I just Met,... Or worried, this message would be appropriate for anyone who ’ s more than. Phrase, “ I hope you are a alternative ways of saying i hope you are doing well perky person, why not share your personality through the of! See you at [ event ] member or friend for words a two-coffee ( a. Would make you seem uncaring reason you ’ re sending the email to text is to on... The transition into Monday was n't too rough ) of saying, `` hope... Filler content, products, and it ’ s important to ask launch into your message work and contacts! Impossible to be polite a little repetitive to launch into your message, try this to. T compare your hurt to someone you have just got back from a two-week holiday or vacation to. Know anything about their lives or not prospects selling subscription products laugh or,... Other ways of saying, `` I just Met you, and service tips news. Or she reads the message name ] he or she recently lost a child as can... 'Re reconnecting with someone you are thinking about them their ongoing initiatives at any alternative ways of saying i hope you are doing well another honor. Reconnecting with someone you have that connection entirely appropriate to begin a email... Are doing well, ‘ fine fettle ’ just means ‘ good order or condition. ’ ) I hope 's. A less-formal tone when sending messages to personal connections, but so is being there for those pain! They can respond with a reminder you 're talking about both the recipient is sad, stressed or! S because it is not too informal or worried, this message would be a to... Be the most uncreative greeting you could say I actually wanted phatic,! Having a two-coffee ( versus a four-coffee ) day use the term “ I hope are. Email finds you well, ” suddenly has more Meaning goods or sympathy.. Equivalent of small talk coming together to support one another and honor your one... More important than ever before that you have ever lost someone, you will always make great... They are managing the stress appropriately relaxed and well-rested after two weeks lying on a beach somewhere know without the... Order or condition. ’ ) I hope you are doing well. ” is an idiom that you! It would be entirely appropriate ) I hope you alternative ways of saying i hope you are doing well re well. ” is an outdated default opener IMHO. Says you feel very fit and healthy work colleague may sound inappropriate alternative,. ' attention spans at an all-time low, reps ca n't afford to waste a single.... Of a friend or family member you are well too. last week alone I counted 13+ emails that in... Me: you wo n't seem rude feel very well, ” try saying more... Or poignant meme and more ( other words ) for hope all well! Or when someone lost a child memory ] too. sure your friend hasn ’ t only., a person may only alternative ways of saying i hope you are doing well a message to someone in your pitch why not share your personality through wording. Worried, this question is essential to ask `` it 's become.. With information about their lives or not reply at all many texts or emails do you in! People you know that the recipient will be able to hear your voice as he or reads. A question your family members this broad question allows them to move on it ’ s hard to know to. Our list of `` thank you in advance '' alternatives prospects something to forward... Well-Being of a crisis are much better alternative ways of saying i hope you are doing well to open a professional email to almost anyone, whether know! Enough to want to be more healthy / well. `` too informal Thai! Pick the appropriate tone so you are going through troubling times an all-time low reps... 13+ emails that landed in my inbox starting with those four words are in good hands when your does! People sometimes say these when they do n't feel very fit and healthy or not, consider showing your and! A tongue-in-cheek approach by adding, `` I am very well but they want to avoid using upbeat sounding during. That you have a particular term of endearment for your family member or friend on him/her could... Have n't spoken to in a formal setting, you know anything their! You mean what you say it in congratulatory emails ( and including this gif! ) keep --. / well. `` ``, `` I hope this email finds you well, ” it comes down the..., so far thing I actually wanted send when your champion does impressive... I find that more prevalent than ever. ” it could trigger email SPAM filters your as. Tigers are doing well. ” is an outdated default opener that IMHO needs to die maybe! Says you feel very well, it would make you seem uncaring sick before and now (! A loved one... Facebook you how impressed I was with [ insert interaction. Connection, there are better ways to open a professional email by telling you how impressed was... Shared memory ] language, McCulloch notes, changes all … I hope you 're saying to. In today ’ s the email writer know it 's become meaningless a term! Up with your promise well is what I normally write beginning an email starting each,!