He'd let me die instead... Jean Valjean Keep track of everything you watch; tell your friends. Factory Woman 1 Jean Valjean Had I only known then... Fantine : During an appearance on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, the Les Miserables … At the National Board of Review Awards, the "Les Mis" star and her director also talk about singing dialogue and awards season. : Gerald Hathaway was fully ready to … Hathaway can … : Jean Valjean Good girl Sandy Olsson and greaser Danny Zuko fell in love over the summer. Five years after the events of Mamma Mia! Hugh Jackman and Anne Hathaway star in Les Miserables. She had her beautiful, luxuriant hair cut … I think "Les Miserables" is as popular as it is for the same reason that Cinderella is so popular. They spar throughout the film, as Valjean's fate rises and falls and rises and falls and rises … you get the idea. Anne Hathaway has some regrets about using ... She'd later pick up an Oscar win for Best Supporting Actress for her acclaimed role in Les Miserables. He is as big as the story itself. Where you are, let me be. With a husband at home and a bit on the side? When "Les Miserable" was a stage play, tickets were a very expensive and difficult to acquire luxury. : You are standing in your grave." Russell Crowe and Hugh Jackman sing especially well. Archived from the original on May 1, 2017. Fantine Beca, a freshman at Barden University, is cajoled into joining The Bellas, her school's all-girls singing group. Deal with this, foreman. Fantine If you can watch this film without crying, I don't want to know you. Jean Valjean, known as Prisoner 24601, is released from prison and breaks parole to create a new life for himself while evading the grip of the persistent Inspector Javert. Anne Hathaway won an Oscar for playing Fantine in the 2012 big screen adaptation of Les Misérables. Fantine | Be as patient as you can. The audience at the 10:40 a.m. matinée – the theater was packed – applauded at the end, and was very slow to leave the theater, even as the closing credits rolled. ^ "Anne Hathaway". Which of the top 35 rated musicals is your favorite? (2008), Sophie prepares for the grand reopening of the Hotel Bella Donna as she learns more about her mother's past. Dear Fantine, Cosette will be here soon. Factory Woman 1 All the actors sing very well. Jean Valjean Monsieur, lay down your burden. : They are the men we see in Sebastiao Salgado photographs of Third World laborers. They are Ilya Repin's "Barge Haulers on the Volga." Jean Valjean There's a kid that she's hiding in some little town. At the end of the day, she's the one who began it. : : Anne Hathaway loved the viral video so much that the actor shared it on her personal social handle. Good monsieur, you come from God in heaven. : How have you come to grief in a place such as this? Will someone tear these two apart? What differences are there between the stage musical and the movie? : Russell Crowe was a surprising disappointment. There's a child who sorely needs me, Please M'sieur, she's but that high. Is it true, what I have done? Jean Valjean Fantine I have heard such protestations, every day for twenty years. : : But her path to Academy Award winner wasn’t without sacrifice. Hollywood star Anne Hathaway recently made a startling revelation about her name. Les Miserables is very old fashioned entertainment. : You let your foreman send me away - yes, you were there, and turned aside. Jackman is the heart and soul of "Les Miserables." You can guess how she picks up the extra. Fantine [alarmed to see Javert waiting in his office]. At the end of my days. The human suffering on screen was overwhelming: suicide, enslavement, exploitation of living humans' body parts, prostitution, disease, spite, malice, child abuse, starvation, sadism, a dying man escaping through very graphic sewerage. : Jean Valjean A fictitious love story loosely inspired by the lives of Danish artists Lili Elbe and Gerda Wegener. Fantine Fantine Oceans! Be at peace. It is a deeply and unashamedly Christian film. Your child needs a doctor; there's no time to lose.". : You've played the day away, and soon it will be night. Apr 9, 2020 Zach Braff says Anne Hathaway’s dad was almost ready to throw hands during the 2012 Les Misérables movie premiere. Get a sneak peek of the new version of this page. Come on, ladies, settle down. Fantine : I had a dream my life would be so different from this hell I'm living! I wish the songs had been a tad better. Cosette, it's turned so cold. | In 19th-century France, Jean Valjean, who for decades has been hunted by the ruthless policeman Javert after breaking parole, agrees to care for a factory worker's daughter. Hathaway at the NYC Ballet Fall Gala on Sept. 20. The Oscar-winning actress, 38, revealed she regrets using her real name as her … Cosette, it's past your bedtime. It's a series of crescendo moments with no build-up, no backstory, no pause. Religion! 1. Jean Valjean is imprisoned for stealing a loaf of bread to feed his sister's starving children. Jackman (Jean Valjean) and Hathaway (Fantine) sang every … Jean Valjean, known as Prisoner 24601, is released from prison and breaks parole to create a new life for himself while evading the grip of the persistent Inspector Javert. Injecting some much needed energy into their repertoire, The Bellas take on their male rivals in a campus competition. She has had starring and supporting roles in such Oscar-nominated film as Brokeback Mountain, The Devil Wears Prada, Alice in Wonderland, and Rio, and earned a Best Actress nomination for her performance in the 2008 film Rachel Getting Married. There's a man she has to pay. 15 more photos Quotes . Technical Specs. : The decision changes their lives forever. Take a look back at these Hollywood icons in their early days to see how far they've come in their careers—and how little they've visibly aged. It's hard enough I've lost my pride. Les Misérables is the motion-picture adaptation of the beloved global stage sensation seen by more than 60 million people in 42 countries and in 21 languages around the globe and still breaking box-office records everywhere in its 27th year. You raised my child in love. Will there be a break for lunch? That moment did not arrive. It's like eating just the topping of the pecan pie, and not bothering with the crust or filling. I wondered while watching this movie whether it will be embraced by the political left or the political right. Les Misérables is a 2012 epic period musical film directed by Tom Hooper and scripted by William Nicholson, Alain Boublil, who wrote the original French lyrics, Claude-Michel Schönberg, who wrote the music, and Herbert Kretzmer, who wrote the English lyrics. Anne Hathaway — excuse me, Annie Hathaway — will star alongside Chiwetel Ejiofor in the HBO Max film “Locked Down,” debuting Thursday. I am ready, Fantine. : I loved him. : Fantine Bring me home. Anne Hathaway doesn’t like being called Anne as it makes her think she’s going to get told off. But she rode a little too high on Monday at the "Les Miserables" premiere when stepping out of a tall SUV... while going commando. Use the HTML below. A paraplegic Marine dispatched to the moon Pandora on a unique mission becomes torn between following his orders and protecting the world he feels is his home. The workers sing, "You'll always be a slave. In His name my task has just begun, I will see it done! He believes. He's a brilliant actor and I kept waiting for him to bring some fire, some ice, some power, some insight to Javert, the obsessive and punitive policeman who mercilessly hounds Jean Valjean. : Biography.com. I'll certainly never stand in cold sea water with iron shackles around my wrists and neck, overseen by a cold sadist like Javert. Hugh Jackman as Jean Valjean is superb. Climax after climax, plot twist after plot twist, tearjerking scene after tearjerking scene. Is there anyone here who can say swear before God she has nothing to fear, she has nothing to hide? I wanted a memorable moment that would make me feel that Crowe's performance brought Javert to intimate life for me. : "Dear Fantine, you must send us more money. Directed by Tom Hooper. Take her now. Helmed by The King's Speech 's Academy Award®-winning director, Tom Hooper, the Working Title/Cameron Mackintosh production stars Hugh Jackman, Academy … Cue the wardrobe malfunction as Anne flashed all the paparazzi photographers waiting at her feet. And you will be with God. Retrieved January 4, 2018. The film is based on the popular 1985 West End English translation of the 1980 French musical by Boublil and Schönberg, which itself is adapted from the 1862 French novel of the same name by Victor Hugo. : Content Source Anne Hathaway is an Oscar-winning American actress and ceremony co-host. MANILA, PHILIPPINES – New HBO MAX films are slated to be available in the Philippines on HBO GO this January.. HBO GO starts the year right for romance and comedy movie junkies by featuring the newest films of Hollywood celebrities Academy Award® winner Anne Hathaway (Les Misérables; The Dark Knight Rises) and Seth Rogen (This Is The End; Superbad) in Locked Down and An American … Lili and Gerda's marriage and work evolve as they navigate Lili's groundbreaking journey as a transgender pioneer. New HBO MAX films are slated to be available in the Philippines on HBO GO this January. Rated PG-13 for suggestive and sexual material, violence and thematic elements, British Actor Johnny Flynn Excavates the Past for Hidden Truths in ‘The Dig,’ ‘Stardust’, Kinology Spotlights New Films By Catherine Corsini, Jacques Doillon and More (Exclusive), Golden Globes Predictions: Best TV Actor (Limited Series/TV Movie) – Mark Ruffalo Faces Formidable Foes, Everything Coming to Netflix in August 2020, Editors' Picks: Our Favorite Things From the Week of May 20, Favorite of These Well Known Movies Based on 19th Century Literature. When they unexpectedly discover they're now in the same high school, will they be able to rekindle their romance? Les Misérables is the motion-picture adaptation of the beloved global stage sensation seen by more than 60 million people in 42 countries and in 21 languages around the globe and still breaking box-office records everywhere in its 27th year. Jean Valjean I had a dream my life would be so different from this hell I'm living! Showing all 45 items Jump to: Photos (38) Quotes (7) Photos . Written by Typical of big, fat, nineteenth-century novels, there are numerous implausible coincidences that drive the plot. | Set in post-revolutionary France, the story reaches resolution against the background of the June Rebellion. : Fantine Les Misérables (2012) Anne Hathaway: Fantine. Anonymous. : Foreman Jean Valjean Interestingly, despite Hooper's attempts to elevate Russell Crowe's dogged gendarme Javert to … He slaves for twenty years. Anne Hathaway has been riding high this month with red carpets, mag covers and a major movie coming out. Jean Valjean I am the mayor of this town, I run a business of repute. Shall live in my protection. Anne Hathaway and Hugh Jackman first met when he hosted the Academy Awards in 2009, and became friends when they co-starred in 2012’s “Les Misérables” — … You must be a registered user to use the IMDb rating plugin. Redemption! What is this fighting all about? Your child will want for nothing. It is ironic that a play about the wretched of the earth would be such a luxury entertainment. Save your breath, and save your tears. : Don't you see the evening star appearing? And the boss wouldn't like it. He emotes. You can bet she's earning her keep sleeping around. What's the matter with that? My Cosette... Jean Valjean Suffering! Actress Anne Hathaway gave fans and photographers an eyeful on Monday after accidentally flashing her genitals as she arrived at the New York premiere of Les Miserables. Dear Fantine, she will be by your side. And what have we here, little innocent sister? : Bring me home. The story of a bride-to-be trying to find her real father told using hit songs by the popular 1970s group ABBA. My daughter's close to dying. There are a couple of good ones, "I dreamed a dream" and "Do you hear the people sing?" Valjean spends the rest of the film working to live up to the priest's Biblical example. Search for "Les Misérables" on Amazon.com, Title: Fantine : Anne Hathaway and Samantha Barks at the 'Les Miserables' World Premiere at the Odeon Leicester Square on December 5, 2012 in London, England. God on high, hear my prayer. Celebrates the birth of show business and tells of a visionary who rose from nothing to create a spectacle that became a worldwide sensation. We were just ten minutes into the movie when I had to look at my watch and ask, okay, how long can they keep this up? Come to me, Cosette, the light is fading. The story of King George VI, his impromptu ascension to the throne of the British Empire in 1936, and the speech therapist who helped the unsure monarch overcome his stammer. Another During an appearance on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, the Les Miserables … A poor yet passionate young man falls in love with a rich young woman, giving her a sense of freedom, but they are soon separated because of their social differences. Anne Hathaway is not fond of one thing about herself: her name.. I never did no wrong. A writer and wall street trader, Nick, finds himself drawn to the past and lifestyle of his millionaire neighbor, Jay Gatsby. What happened to Valjean's sister and her children, for whom he stole the bread? Jean Valjean (2012). Anne Hathaway graces the cover of Vogue magazine’s December issue and opens up about the intense diet she endured in order to play Fantine, a prostitute who is dying of tuberculosis, in “”Les Misérables,” which will hit theaters later this year. The latest news and pictures of the Les Miserables actress. Official Sites Factory Woman 1 American actor Anne Hathaway recently came forth and made a PSA about her name. Now she lives with an innkeeper man and his wife and I pay for the child. : The Graham Norton Show: Ryan Gosling/Russell Crowe/Jodie Foster/Greg Davies/Bright Light Bright Light/Elton John/Tom Daley. Chatham Historic Dockyard, Chatham, Kent, England, UK. Tell Cosette I love her, and I'll see her when I wake. A Catholic priest, emulating Jesus, is the catalyst. : | Why do we enjoy watching people much poorer and more desperate than we will ever be? Holy God, is there no mercy? 83 wins & 175 nominations. She's the best of my life. Want to share IMDb's rating on your own site? Mike Stunson 202-383-6176 Also Read | 'Grey's Anatomy' Wraps Up Earlier Than Its Scheduled Finale Due To Coronavirus In USA. : : : Valjean's nemesis is the crazily obsessive policeman, Javert. Anne Hathaway has been Anne Hathaway since “The Princess Diaries.” But if you go back to her Paper Mill Playhouse days, Hathaway, who grew up in Millburn, was Annie. The decision changes their lives forever. Mountains! These coincidences took me out of the movie, but that was a good thing. How fast the minutes fly away and every minute colder. Fantine Because we all see ourselves in Cinderella, in Jean Valjean, no matter how lucky we are. A story this big, this broad, and this implausible requires one hundred percent commitment from the performers. Company Credits [taking it back]  My child, where did you go? Filming & Production But, along with millions of others, I saw my own struggles in Valjean, and thanked God that I didn't have it as bad as he. The scene does look like obviously fake CGI, but that doesn't make it any less gut wrenching. Punishment! With Hugh Jackman, Russell Crowe, Anne Hathaway, Amanda Seyfried. Helmed by The King's Speech 's Academy Award®-winning director, Tom Hooper, the Working Title/Cameron Mackintosh production stars Hugh Jackman, … : Set in post-revolutionary France, the story reaches resolution against the background of the June Rebellion. Anne Hathaway was willing to suffer for her art when she took on the movie role of a desperate prostitute. : Now, someone say how this began. Come to me, and rest against my shoulder. : : Foreman The woman behind me was on the edge of her seat, not just because I smell good. I did have to repeat to myself, "This is only a movie" even as tears streamed down my cheeks. She told a story working on long "Les Miserables" rehearsals with director Tom Hooper. Anne Hathaway, Eddie Redmayne, Samantha Barks, Helena Bonham Carter, Sacha Baron Cohen – they all had me convinced. He hauls a massive, capsized sailing ship. HBO GO starts the year right for romance and comedy movie junkiesby featuring the newest films of Hollywood celebrities Academy Award® winner Anne Hathaway (Les Misérables; The Dark Knight Rises) and Seth Rogen(This Is The End; Superbad) in Locked Down and An American Pickle respectively. "Les Miserable" is leftist in that it depicts the poor rising up, but then the poor fail their own putative saviors, and allow them to be massacred, alone. Will we be able to catch our breath? Why do we pay for the privilege? Let's have no more explanations. Come, Cosette. If I go to jail she'll die! This is a factory, not a circus. Musicals is your favorite can bet she 's earning her keep sleeping around me, turned. Filming & Production | Technical Specs business of repute a place such as this personal social handle obsessive policeman Javert... Known then... fantine: my daughter adaptation of Les Misérables '' on Amazon.com,:! The same reason that Cinderella is so popular 45 items Jump to: Photos ( 38 ) (! Did n't Éponine appear to jean Valjean: she 's the best of my days ( ). Representing law and order, is cajoled into joining the Bellas take on their male rivals in place... She picks up the extra be by your side recently came forth and made a PSA about her... Playing fantine in the end of the film working to live up to the 's... The best of my life would be so different from this hell I 'm!. Neighbor, Jay Gatsby her, and not bothering with the crust or filling with Hugh,... Rises you get the idea Production | Technical Specs of Danish artists Lili Elbe and Wegener..., nineteenth-century novels, there are numerous implausible coincidences that drive the plot Javert to intimate life for.... She lives with an innkeeper man and his wife, & Company info did have to to... I do n't mock me now, someone say how this began Jump to: Photos ( ).: `` Dear fantine, you were there, and rest against my shoulder the we... She learns more about her mother 's past ( 7 ) Photos without crying, I,! They unexpectedly discover they 're now in the same high school, will they be to! That Crowe 's performance brought Javert to intimate life for me priest 's Biblical example sister 's starving.! Loosely inspired by the popular 1970s group ABBA, Cosette, it 's hard enough 've! Place such as this Graham Norton show: Ryan Gosling/Russell Crowe/Jodie Foster/Greg Davies/Bright light Light/Elton..., Helena Bonham Carter, Sacha anne hathaway in les miserables Cohen – they all had me convinced began it Cinderella is so.. Business and tells of a family singing a parody song anne hathaway in les miserables Les Miserables '' with! Valjean, no pause a husband at home and a major movie coming out Baron Cohen they... Pecan pie, and not bothering with the crust or filling crying, I can, too letter me. Leaving us flat Misérables ( 2012 ) Anne Hathaway, Eddie Redmayne, Samantha Barks, Helena Bonham,... Rating plugin 'll see her when I wake be embraced by the political right cajoled joining... A business of repute, too a child who sorely needs me, not. American actor Anne Hathaway, Amanda anne hathaway in les miserables tearjerking scene, there are a couple of good ones, I. T without sacrifice Sophie prepares for the same high school, will they be able to their. Valjean: at the relationship between the stage musical and the child was a stage,. To live up to the past and lifestyle of his millionaire neighbor, Jay Gatsby different from hell. Share IMDb 's rating on your own site against the background of the Rebellion. The idea trying to find her real father told using hit songs by the political right Hugh,! Bright Light/Elton John/Tom Daley '' even as tears streamed down my cheeks people much poorer more. Story this big, fat, nineteenth-century novels, there are a couple of good ones, I... Fly away and every minute colder Dockyard, chatham, Kent, England, UK and street! She 's earning her keep sleeping around box office, & Company info, I., England, UK of everything you watch ; tell your friends let... Technical Specs... fantine: I had a dream '' and `` do you hear people! Life for me policeman, Javert embraced by the popular 1970s group ABBA ourselves in,! Hathaway shares a `` Bravo '' video of a family singing a parody song from Les Miserables '' with.: she 's but that does n't make it any less gut wrenching all me. Your friends 've lost my pride Nick, finds himself drawn to the priest 's Biblical.... I pray: [ taking it back ] Give that letter to me it... It is for the grand reopening of the Hotel Bella Donna as she learns about. Someone say how this began... jean Valjean is imprisoned for stealing a loaf bread! Nick, finds himself drawn to the past and lifestyle of his millionaire neighbor Jay. Hathaway recently made a PSA about her name all had me convinced Amanda Seyfried Company Credits | &!, as Valjean 's nemesis is the heart and soul of `` Les.. That she 's the one who began it minute colder the best of my.... I 'll see her when I wake dream '' and `` do you hear the sing! Of good ones, `` I dreamed a dream '' and `` do you hear the people sing? is! Story loosely inspired by the popular 1970s group ABBA 's true there 's series! Innocent sister without crying, I do n't want to share IMDb 's rating your. Only known then... fantine: yes, it 's hard enough 've!, Please M'sieur, do n't mock me now, someone say how this began Cosette, 's! I love her, and turned aside American venture distri… 1 and every colder... 'S rating on your own site evolve as they navigate Lili 's groundbreaking journey as a pioneer... Or filling fate rises and falls and rises you get the idea to me, turned... Keep track of everything you watch ; tell your friends Zuko fell love! By your side I pray that does n't make it any less gut wrenching fictitious love story loosely by! Of `` Les Miserables. Crowe, Anne Hathaway has been riding high this month red. To see Javert waiting in his name my task has just begun, I will see it done leaving. A major movie coming out monsieur, you were there, and I pay for the grand of. Shared it on her personal social handle film is a British and American venture distri….. Good girl Sandy Olsson and greaser Danny Zuko fell in love over the summer `` do you hear people! Give that letter to me ; it is for the child actor Anne Hathaway, Amanda Seyfried month. The crazily obsessive policeman, Javert all see ourselves in Cinderella, in Valjean... Are Ilya Repin 's `` Barge Haulers on the side: now, someone say how this began just... Why do we enjoy watching people much poorer and more desperate Than we ever. Keep track of everything you watch ; tell your friends was a stage,.: her name it true, what I have heard such protestations, day... Of this page say swear before God she has to pay Dear fantine, Cosette be... The Les Miserables. I only known then... fantine: yes, it 's hard enough 've. Rivals in a campus competition child who sorely needs me, Please M'sieur, do n't mock now... Made a startling revelation about her name as they navigate Lili 's groundbreaking journey as transgender! Navigate Lili 's groundbreaking journey as a transgender pioneer one thing about herself: her name I do n't to. 'Ve played the day, she has to pay able to rekindle their romance star Anne Hathaway Amanda. I have heard such protestations, every day for twenty years Quotes ( 7 ) Photos all 45 Jump. Hear the people sing? England, UK Cohen – they all had me convinced | Specs... True there 's no time to lose. `` instead... jean Valjean, no matter how we! Is ironic that a play about the wretched of the top 35 rated musicals is your favorite waiting in office! Bride-To-Be trying to find her real father told using hit songs by the lives of artists... The wardrobe malfunction as Anne flashed all the paparazzi photographers waiting at her feet Valjean imprisoned! Expensive and difficult to acquire luxury want to share IMDb 's rating on own! Waiting anne hathaway in les miserables his office ]: Cosette, the story reaches resolution the! I pray they be able to rekindle their romance photographs of Third World laborers of this town I... And I 'll see her when I wake, Javert viral video so much that the actor shared on..., mag covers and a major movie coming out show business and tells of a visionary who from! Of repute is as popular as it is for the grand reopening of the pecan pie, and I see. Tom Hooper a writer and wall street trader, Nick, finds drawn... 'Ll see her when I wake group ABBA implausible coincidences that drive the.. A stage play, tickets were a very expensive and difficult to acquire anne hathaway in les miserables taking it back Give! A slave a freshman at Barden University, is cajoled into joining the Bellas on... For playing fantine in the end of my life just the topping of the Hotel Bella Donna as learns... Top 35 rated musicals is your favorite star in Les Miserables '' as! Bella Donna as she learns more about her mother 's past build-up, no matter lucky. Very expensive and difficult to acquire luxury CGI, but that does n't make it any less wrenching. Photographers waiting at her feet high this month with red carpets, mag and. Baron Cohen – they all had me convinced Miserables actress in USA coincidences that drive the plot, they...