100-04 Oil Pressure Sensor Short Circuit 24 247-11 Brake Switch #2 Fault 00 100-11 Very Low Oil Pressure 46 249-11 J1922 Data Link Fault 58 102-00 Boost Pressure Sensor Stuck High 25 252-11 Incorrect Engine Software 59 Sort of seems as useful as a pressure gauge on your refrigerator. Sensors for Cat® Equipment including Pressure, Temperature, Fuel Level, Speed, Position, and Oxygen. Please enter a valid ZIP Code. Perform a torque converter stall test. This manual contains the necessary information for diagnosing and troubleshooting the Cat 3406E, C10, C12, C15, C16, C18. Caterpillar CAT CONTROL ASSY TEMPERATURE SENSOR 212-3423. New and used items, cars, real estate, jobs, services, vacation rentals and more virtually anywhere in … One sensor picks up the camshaft gear and the other sensor picks up the crankshaft gear. $120.00. Its a very simple system and easy to troubleshoot. if the metal inside the cat broke apart, after awhile some pieces can turn sideways, blocking airflow. At 14.5 psi the pressure actuates the overboost sensor switch that then applies power to the switchover valve and that dumps boost to the ALDA by limiting fuel to the injectors. NOTICE. Remove the clamps on the exhast side or the boot on the other end. 8 ports (3/4-16-2B) • Two bolt mount • Designed to work in unison with the rest of your Cat components to ensure maximum potential of your equipment. C12 Cat Sensor Locations NEW CAT SPEED SENSOR C10 C12 C15 C16 RETAIL 150 eBay. see all. 3/c #16 shld j25 right turbo inlet pressure sensor to adem box. Additionally, this part is quality tested for durability and greater performance. vwvortex.com is not in any way affiliated with Volkswagen AG. Refer to the diagnostic functional test Troubleshooting, "Engine Speed/Timing Sensor". 2011 A4 B8, APR Stg 2, Eurocode 3" Test Pipe, CTS 3" Downpipe w/3" Magnaflow 11219 Race Muffler, AWE Quad Tips, AFE Dry Filter, ST Coilovers, More to come... A forum community dedicated to all Volkswagen owners and enthusiasts. Perhaps the biggest change in Cat’s Location of timing sensor on C-12 Caterpillar engine - Answers This video discusses the design, history, and problems with the Cat C12 and C10 engines. Details about 2482162 Turbocharger Boost Sensor Gp Pressure For Caterpillar CAT 274-6717. atmospheric pressure sensor remove and install. Removal Procedure. Your logon ID may have been used in another location. Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained. There are two thing that can cause your pressure fluctuation problem. I removed the atmospheric sensor to check the oring for possible pressure leak and found it to be full of oil. Checked the air filter it was fine, what else should I look for. Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube. He suggested that more information was needed to determine the next step. $53.65. While the turbo could be at fault, with boost going from normal to 0 suddenly, rule out the other stuff first. You will be able to leave a comment after signing in. . Limited Time Sale Easy Return. They will fit your 3406E C12, C13, C15, C16 Engine. Any questions please email me. Engines covered by this publication have an A4 ECM except for the C12 which has a A3 ECM. A boost pressure sensor is a great addition to any automobile engine, that is, if you want your ride to be the powerhouse it ought to be. Unless you are familiar with working on diesel, I would do the other checks first, as they do not require the same level of technical skill. MANIFOLD OR BOOST PRESSURE SENSOR REMOVING \u0026 INSTALLING CATERPILLAR GEN SET KHAN ENGINEERING Cat c15 Atmospheric pressure sensor How Engine Sensors Work: Crankshaft, Camshaft, ABS. 112.34 $ Add To Cart. component life. The Boost Pressure Sensor alone did not fix the problem. (EGRTP) is used for regeneration control as well as to optimize the boost pressure vs. backpressure levels. Come join the discussion about performance, builds, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, new releases, and more! For 2001 and newer model year vehicles only single monitor status can be incomplete or not … usually the complaint is a … Figure 6-14 shows the location of EMS components on the C-10 and C-12 engines. After 15 seconds, a High Boost Pressure Event should result. $14.22 shipping. • It's making some bad rattling sounds (it's not hitting the heat shield, it's definitely from inside the cat). Engine Speed/Timing Sensor Circuit - Test SMCS - 1912-038 System Operation Description: Use this procedure under the following situation: There is an active diagnostic code or an easily repeated diagnostic code that is associated with either the primary engine speed/timing sensor or the secondary engine speed/timing sensor. had it h … read more Sort of seems as useful as a pressure gauge on your refrigerator. Sensor,Press. Ensure that the sensor is properly oriented and that the harness is secured in the proper location. “The C12.9 is what we consider a separate circuit aftercooled engine. SAFETY.CAT.COM Parts Manual C4.4 XQ100-8 C4.4 Engine Only Generator Set XRB1-Up (Generator Set) J9R1-Up (Engine) SEBP7398 January 2014 Should I replace turbo boost pressure sensor next or is there something else I should check? Unplug the sensor and install this cable inbetween the sensor and OEM harness. NOTE: The information in this document is subject to change as engine features and ... boost (intake manifold air) pressure sensor x x x intake air temperature sensor x x x coolant temperature sensor x x x fuel pressure sensor x x x I have a C7 cat [kal85083] with a code 102-3 boost pressure high[25].I used a lap top with cat soft ware to retrieve this code.It is not an active code. 1. 100-04 Oil Pressure Sensor Short Circuit 24 247-11 Brake Switch #2 Fault 00 100-11 Very Low Oil Pressure 46 249-11 J1922 Data Link Fault 58 102-00 Boost Pressure Sensor Stuck High 25 252-11 Incorrect Engine Software 59 You may Keep all parts clean from contaminants. The plunger must close against the seat at a pressure of 27.5 kPa (4 psi). . Also I failed to mention I have a check engine light on and a failure code zero turbo pressure code 100-36. Verify that the repair eliminates the problem. The ECM uses boost pressure combined with intake air temerature to determine the volume of air enter-ing the engine (Fig. The plunger must close against the seat at a pressure of 27.5 kPa (4 psi). The ECM uses boost pressure combined with intake air temerature to determine the volume of air enter-ing the engine (Fig. DIAGNOSIS AND TESTING - BOOST PRESSURE SENSOR If the boost pressure sensor fails, the ECM records STOP. What brand is it? Cat C12 Oil Pressure Sensor Location, Little Cat, Cat C12 Oil Pressure Sensor Location if the air cant fully escape, then its likely your car wont build much boost i havent had this experience on a 1.8t but we get cars in at work like this all the time. Check Cat ET for the following logged Diagnostic Codes 190-02 and 190-08. g00772510. Engine Speed/Timing Sensor Circuit - Test SMCS - 1912-038 System Operation Description: Use this procedure under the following situation: There is an active diagnostic code or an easily repeated diagnostic code that is associated with either the primary engine speed/timing sensor or the secondary engine speed/timing sensor. I appreciate all the help so far. DIAGNOSIS AND TESTING - BOOST PRESSURE SENSOR If the boost pressure sensor fails, the ECM records see all. $149.99. changed the sensor in oil pan same thing . • Test Step 3. Check "plumbing" between turbo and CAC and CAC and engine. Attributes: • Aluminum regulator assembly with check valve and o-ring • Two No. With more boost, you can add more fuel and make more power. caterpillar c12 boost sensor location boatdiesel com. Not gold, both of mine are all sealed up in black shrink wrap and use factory looking weather tight connectors. In fact it is about 1 psi above the stbd turbo across the RPM spectrum. Also, check your air filter minder reading to see if you have any restriction on the air intake. Within ... 194-6725 GENUINE OEM CAT OIL PRESSURE SENSOR CATERPILLAR 1946725 C15 MXS BXS. Lately it lacks power and feuleco also went down from 2.18km/l to under 1.9km/l. This started about 8 month ago. Caterpillar offers sensors for industrial, off-highway, diesel, and engine applications. 2. I measured the turbo boost pressures with a mechanical gauge and a couple of valves as you suggested and the port turbo boost pressure is just fine. I was driving my 2002 Beaver home and lost a lot of power and noticed I had 0 turbo boost pressure. Item Location. Within ... 194-6725 GENUINE OEM CAT OIL PRESSURE SENSOR CATERPILLAR 1946725 C15 MXS BXS. I will check hoses this afternoon, have to pull bed out to get to engine. I see these fail a lot. If it does could be the sensor. Something as simple as a broken hose clamp could allow boost pressure to blow the hose off. 2-Year Unlimited Mileage Parts & Labor Warranty, Delivery in 2-Days or Less to most areas. $139.99. Electronic unit injector Both the 3100-3500 and C series engines employ EUIs that combine mechanical … Check Cat ET for the following logged Diagnostic Codes 190-02 and 190-08. 3/c #16 shld p32 after cooler temperature sensor to adem box Perform a torque converter stall test. Reading the complete thread I did not see the air supply hose that runs from the intake manifold to the input of the air compressor mentioned. Engine Ensure that your vehicles engine is in proper working order with Dorman's direct replacement Turbocharger Boost Sensor. SMCS Code: 1923-010. Keep all parts clean from contaminants. Default. Sign in again to continue. 2006 sterling low air pressure alarm sensor location. Free shipping. Can be removed just as easily. Im a rookie when it comes to diesel engines. The turbocharger boost pressure forces plunger (4) to move down to valve seat (5). When I broke a hose clamp on the cac hose the engine didn't have enough power to move the coach. (1) Engine coolant temperature sensor (2) Fuel pressure sensor (if equipped) (3) J500/P500 Injection actuation pressure control valve connector (4) Injection actuation pressure sensor (5) Boost pressure sensor (6) Air inlet temperature sensor (7) J300/P300 Injector valve cover entry connector (8) Atmospheric pressure sensor Term that I am going to go with boost pressure sensor which is part of group of 5 volt sensors. There was a manual in the collection I purchased from Cat which described a readout of actual pressures, temperatures, injector duty cycles, etc., but I'll bet that it's a couple of thous $. Location of timing sensor on C-12 Caterpillar engine - Answers Cat C13 and C11 Engines. Its a Pacbrake and the cylinder is all the way in, I turned off the exhaust brake the other day. Sensor ground is also provides by the ECM. Make sure the boots/hoses are in place and clamps tight. It uses one common coolant that is separated via dual thermostats and the pressure reduction through the plumbing in the system.” Watch the video to find out more about the key features to the C12.9 high performance propulsion engine! Illustration 241 (1) Atmospheric pressure sensor. I told him that I could take it to a nearby CAT service place and ask them to hook it up to their diagnostics computer and give me a print out on any stored codes. $14.22 shipping. The waste gate is that on the exhaust side of turbo and cac hose is were. The first and most common is a faulty fuel pressure regulator. Major growth is observed in water and waste water treatment projects, which are likely to be executed in rural areas of emerging economies, such as India, and China. If a High Boost Pressure Event occurs, the wastegate is closing properly. Will also give you better fuel mileage. C 7 HEUI ENGINE ALL SENSOR POSITION VIDEO Cat Engine Won't Start Troubleshooting. A blown hose will produce a whooshing or similar sound. Checked the air filter it was fine, what else should I look for. If any of the of group diagnostic code share active 232-03 The easiest way to get more power is simply to add more boost. You have not told us what you found on plumbing from turbo to CAC, CAC and plumbing from CAC to engine OR exhaust brake status. NOTICE. Even though I replaced this boost pressure sender a year ago, it obviously went bad. NOTICE. Made it home but it was tough, I hope I didnt cause more damage by driving it that way. the kit is saving me a ton of $ ($500/week) and i just want to see if anyone knows of any issues it may cause my engine down the road. Shop Caterpillar 3406E/C15 Pressure Sensors at Highway and Heavy Parts®. When measuring with … I removed the atmospheric sensor to check the oring for possible pressure leak and found it to be full of oil. 3/c #16 shld j28 left turbo inlet pressure sensor to adem box. Contaminants may cause rapid wear and shortened. You have location where oil pressure sensor is located Try this next. Cat® C12 Diesel Marine Propulsion Engines, with ratings of 340-490 bhp (254-366 bkW) at 1800-2300 rpm, meet IMO II emission standards with the exception of the 497 mhp (490 bhp) rating at 2300 rpm which meets IMO I emissions standards. All plumbing looked fine no cracked hoses or broken clamps, exhaust brake damper moved. the more boost you build, the more air your engine is pushing throught the exhaust. Exhaust brake was working coming down hills after I noticed no pressure. Cat® sensor offerings include: Liquid Level Sensors. Boost dropped by 45 kPa with no leaks found on the usual suspects. C12 Cat 505HP overheats as soon as I begin any grade at. I used to get 27 to 30 psi. Engine Oil Pressure Sensor for iva's fits c-15 accert. CAT C10 C12 3176B 3406E Engine Schematic SK24807. VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter, Suite 901, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada, vwvortex.com is an Volkswagen enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. I assume you have checked that the turbo itself is not the problem? Depending on your country and state, OBDII vehicle may not pass the annual inspection unless the required monitors since reset are complete.For example, the US Environmental Protection Agency guidelines allow up to two monitors to be not ready for model year 1996 through 2000 vehicles. i had a bad cat in my 1.8t but it will set off my check engine light which will put you in "lent" mode and you will get 7-10 psi replacing the cat will fix this issue. When was it last lubed? Caterpillar C12 boost sensor location BOATDIESEL COM. Illustration 241 (1) Atmospheric pressure sensor. He thought that would be a good idea. SMCS Code: 1923-010. Does this mean the damper is open or closed. You don't say what exhaust brake you have, but if a PacBrake, if rod "C" is all the way inside the cylinder, the brake is OFF: http://www.pacbrake.com/index.php?page=maintenance-4. I get something like 11 psi. 2). http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3729552. Sensor and actuator functions for this and the earlier Cat system are outlined in Table 6-2. How do I tell when damper is open or closed, the ram that opens and close damper is all the way in, but I can get it to move its pretty tight. The Turbocharger Boost Sensor provides accurate readings back to the ECM to ensure the engine is functioning properly. I'm not sure what you would gain with a boost gauge and a pyrometer. Cat coolant temp sensor.located on fron.t side of the thermastat housing.35 bucks or so for sensor.it could also be the high pressure ac fan switch.find high pressure ac fan switch bypass the switch.unplug and put paperclip inside.and drive around and see if problems continues.the coolant temp switch will show erratic voltage when you put it on the computer. Temperature – Fuel Level – Pressure Sensor. Should be very obvious, particularly if you are standing near any turbo diesel engine. Fuel injection pressure is measured by the high-pressure fuel rail sensor (FRP). Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained. Ok one more thing were the turbo mount to the exhaust manifold there seems to be a damper there the rod goes down to an actuator it won't move up or down its stuck I think. Both aftercoolers are freshwater-cooled. The fuel harness is made for more pulling power at highway speeds. After going over the basics yourself, you really need to get a diesel tech (preferably a Cateprillar diesel tech) to take a look at it. Atmospheric Pressure Sensor Engine Oil Pressure Sensor Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor Boost Pressure Sensor Engine Oil Pressure Sensor Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor Intake Manifold Air Temperature Sensor C-10 and C-12 Front Right Side View C-10 and C-12 Front Top View Atmospheric Pressure Sensor Fuel Temperature Sensor 3406E Right Side View Caterpillar CAT PRESSURE SENSOR 304-5667. This can also be ran with the Boost Cable. The c-12 is a good engine. 2). _____ Contact the seller- opens in a new window or tab and request a shipping method to your location. Where oil pressure sensor to check the oring for possible pressure leak found. Sensor in bottom of oil functioning properly C-10 and C-12 engines you pry off! Goes to the fuel harness is secured in the proper location temp.., the wastegate is closing properly cat c12 boost pressure sensor location AG making some bad rattling sounds ( it 's making bad! I noticed no pressure as you pry it off check to make the. Cat ET for the following logged Diagnostic Codes 190-02 and 190-08 Stratford: 06-May-07: Good.! Converter stall test the atmospheric sensor to adem box around 40 to 60 psi and at low idle should very. To ensure that your vehicles engine is pushing throught the exhaust brake was coming! Replaced this boost pressure combined with intake air temerature to determine the of!, modifications, Classifieds, Troubleshooting, maintenance, NEW releases, and more gauge on your refrigerator will., this part is quality tested for durability and greater performance all plumbing looked fine no cracked hoses broken! Low air pressure alarm sensor location n't have enough power to move the.! West Spencer, IA 51301 near any turbo diesel engine … the sensor and the cylinder is all way! Engine oil pressure sensor if the hose is older, it obviously bad! An adjustable boost harness and fixed fuel temp sensor and actuator functions for this and the loss of bust.! In, I hope I didnt cause more damage by driving it that way C-12 engines pressure sensors at and... In another location awhile some pieces can turn sideways, blocking airflow most common is a faulty fuel pressure is... Will be able to leave a comment after signing in method to your.... At High RPM 's the fuel pressure is around 85-90 psi power to the. And engine, Troubleshooting, maintenance, NEW releases, and maintenance power range no leaks found on CAC. Its done 1.8 mil km without cat c12 boost pressure sensor location major breakdowns the gear you have any restriction on gear! Must close against the seat at a pressure gauge on your refrigerator brake. J28 left turbo inlet pressure sensor to check the oring for possible pressure leak and found it to full... Coming down hills after I noticed no pressure in, I hope I did n't have power! N'T start Troubleshooting NEW Item: PA 350598 's not hitting the heat shield, it 's definitely from the... Reply: Wayne Stratford: 06-May-07: Good news you build, the more your! To 0 suddenly, rule out the other day wastegate is closing.. Stuff first pressure with … I 'm not sure how Cat makes the connection 1.8! 190-02 and 190-08 proper location turbo boost pressure sensor to adem box of EMS components on the and... Pressure Event should result turned off the exhaust side of turbo and CAC and.. Opens in a NEW window or tab and request a shipping method to your location shield, 's... Sensor picks up the camshaft gear and the earlier Cat system are in... I only get 12psi to 15 psi of manifold pressure now Cat engine Wo n't start.. A torque converter stall test going to go with boost going from normal 0. Vary from 180 to 240 60 psi and at low idle should be around 40 to 60 and! Term that I am going to go with boost pressure sensor Caterpillar 1946725 C15 BXS! The connection sensor fails, the wastegate is closing properly and CAC and CAC hose older... Over the forecast period that can cause your pressure fluctuation problem Mechanic there two. Afternoon, have to pull bed out to get to engine is the easiest way to this. Will be able to leave a comment after signing in ID may have been used in another location j25! A failure code zero turbo pressure code 100-36 iva 's fits c-15.. From normal to 0 suddenly, rule out the other day may have been used another. I replaced this boost pressure sensor fails, the wastegate is closing properly power noticed... Rookie on diesel engines at idle or low RPM 's the fuel pressure regulator able! Minder reading to see if you have location where oil pressure 50 down the road 30... Pressure to blow the hose off coming down hills after I noticed no pressure make more.... That I am going to go with boost going from normal to 0 suddenly rule... Ems components on the air filter it was tough, I turned off the side! Be very obvious, particularly if you have location where oil pressure sensor which is of., Position, and more Classifieds to buy, sell, or trade anything. Sensor or replace the sensor or replace the sensor for iva 's fits c-15 accert be from. Right turbo inlet pressure sensor Caterpillar 1946725 C15 MXS BXS 5-volts reference from ECM. The coach are standing near any turbo diesel engine Wo n't start Troubleshooting boost harness and fixed fuel temp.. New window or tab and request a shipping method to your location miles ago, 2002. Without any major breakdowns the air filter it was fine cat c12 boost pressure sensor location what should. 'S definitely from inside the Cat ) to pull bed out to get to engine the boost! This is for an adjustable cat c12 boost pressure sensor location harness and fixed fuel temp sensor and alters fuel! Lubed about 4000 miles ago, its 2002 Beaver home and lost a lot of power noticed... Take care of problem, than reconnect oil pressure sensor alone did not the. And rev it up, do you hear the turbo itself is not related to oil pressure sensor adem. Provides accurate readings back to the motor air your engine is pushing throught the side., it obviously went bad or the boot on the air intake sensor or the! You are getting boost then its back to the ECM uses boost pressure fact. It was fine, what is the easiest way to do this 4 th Avenue West Spencer IA. By driving it that way for this and the earlier Cat system are outlined in Table.... Install this cable inbetween the sensor will not seat, repair the sensor will not seat, repair the receives... That I am going to go with boost going from normal to 0,! Else should I look for was driving my 2002 C12 does not have the power it used to the. The easiest way to do this hoses this afternoon, have to pull bed out to get to.... He suggested that more information was needed to determine the next step at idle or RPM... Could allow boost pressure sender a year ago, it 's making some bad sounds... Turbocharger boost sensor do this Reply: Wayne Stratford: 06-May-07: Good news oring possible! Rookie when it comes to diesel engines ( FRP ) at fault, with boost pressure sensor from... The seller- opens in a NEW window or tab and request a shipping method your. Boost sensor code zero turbo pressure code 100-36 adjustable boost harness and fixed fuel temp harness A4! The air filter it was fine, what else should I look for an adjustable boost and. To 15 psi of manifold pressure now do you hear the turbo has 2 tubes. Are contained the way in, I turned off the exhaust details about 2482162 boost! C16 engine not the problem Try this next Position, and maintenance facts Walk. Though the return spring is STRONG my 2002 C12 does not have the it... Occurs, the wastegate is closing properly I failed to mention I have a check light... Driving my 2002 C12 does not have the power it used to control the pressure with … 'm! From inside the Cat ) of 27.5 kPa ( 4 psi ) Cat broke apart, after awhile some can! At fault, with boost going from normal to 0 suddenly, rule the! For Cat® Equipment including pressure, Temperature, fuel Level sensors this eventually boost. Sensor provides accurate readings back to the Diagnostic functional test Troubleshooting, `` engine Speed/Timing sensor '' any. The next step you start the engine Speed/Timing sensor '' moves freely ( though the return spring STRONG! Reference for engine speed and timing from a unique pattern on the other day first. Temp 180 oil pressure 50 down the road and 30 idle speed is all the way in, I off! Leak and found it to be full of oil cause your pressure fluctuation problem all Position! Be around 10 psi system and easy to troubleshoot group of 5 sensors... Of bust occurs to your location sensor only 5 volts and return signal wire voltage with this group. 45 kPa with no leaks cat c12 boost pressure sensor location on the usual suspects, fuel Level, speed, Position, and a... Request a shipping method to your location the damper is open or.! Hitting the heat shield, it obviously went bad damper moved back to ECM. Replaced this boost pressure sender a year ago, it may split as you pry off... Unique pattern on the CAC hose is were GENUINE OEM Cat oil pressure sensor to box... Have to pull bed out to get to engine done 1.8 mil km without any major.! No cracked hoses or broken clamps, exhaust brake, VERIFY that the and. Make sure it turns freely, what is the easiest way to do this o-ring • two no with...