High quality cinnamon? You can also add whatever fillings/toppings you want for this chocolate coconut milk ice cream recipe. So when using an ice cream maker, do we just add all ingredients to into machine and mix? I think the best option would be to heat the sugar in the coconut milk just to dissolve and then refrigerate both. Then add the rest of … So, so good! Also perhaps the water from the frozen raspberries didn’t help so I think I should leave them to defrost properly before blending. This paleo ice cream recipe has a subtle coconut flavor, as well as chocolate. Hope that helps and that you love it! So glad you like! It tastes like a regular chocolate ice cream (even better!) Tag @wickedspatula or #wickedspatula! Thank you! That’s awesome! This is perfect for this summer! *, I haven’t had the chance to use my ice cream maker this summer — but now I definitely am! Thanks for my new fav ice cream recipe! I LOVE the texture of this ice “cream”! Cover mixture and chill in refrigerator until it is very cold (at least 45°F, about 4 hours), then churn in … The purpose of eggs in ice cream is to bind water with fat to give you a velvety texture. Have fun with your cooking class! It’s the lack of milk that makes it dairy-free!). Thanks so much for the thoughtful feedback, Felicia! Bring to a low boil over medium-high heat, whisking frequently. While many ice creams that you make at home or buy commercially have eggs, this dairy-free ice cream recipe does not contain any eggs. An ice cream maker produces exceptional results, but the recipe can be successfully made without one. Refrigerating the cans of coconut milk for several hours or overnight will help the cream portion firm up and allow for faster freezing. Then you scoop it all into the blender. It might be that it’s not making the mixture cold enough or incorporating enough air, and the crystals develop when the freezer takes over. Trouble struck last year when I had to give up dairy for a while. Step 1: Blend coconut milk with sugar of choice (frozen bananas or coconut palm sugar) and extract flavorings in a high-speed blender Step 2: Pour into (pre-frozen) ice cream machine. This is so creamy and delicious! Enjoy the ice cream! Chocolate Ice Cream (Using Coconut Milk) INGREDIENTS: 2 ¼ cups coconut milk (First Extract/Full Fat Coconut Milk/Coconut Cream) Still so excited for chocolate coconut ice cream !! How To Make Coconut Milk Ice Cream. If not, let me know! Also used Erythritol as the sweetener so I can eat it as I am on Keto. The coconut flavor melts away behind the rich chocolate in the forefront, and the result is a creamy, icy treat worthy of any ice cream lover. This chocolate ice cream using coconut milk is dairy free, no sugar added and absolutely delicious! Not sure what i did wrong. Always store this chocolate coconut milk ice cream recipe in an airtight container. For a smaller yield, the recipe can easily be cut in half. I can finally get it right ☺. I do set my kitchen timer and stir when saving the ice cream for the next day. by Maya Last Updated on May 29, 2020 19 Comments. And is there any way of not having any coconut taste? Thank you! Your tweaks sound perfect, Ana. I added unsweetened coconut, a small 85% cacao chocolate bar chopped, and some chopped walnuts. I’d love for this to work better for you. You could try without the raspberries and/or with your idea of leaving some of the coconut water behind. All the other components are pretty basic, so could it have possibly been a bitter variety of honey (like a buckwheat honey) or cocoa powder that was old? (See notes for additional details, but a cold container will prevent the soft set mixture from melting when transferred, thereby preventing ice crystals from developing.). Your email address will not be published. We try to be accurate, but feel free to make your own calculations. Because there are no artificial stabilizers or additives, the ice cream will freeze harder than most commercial brands. Make sure the lids fit correctly and ideally, keep your freezer temperature as close to 0 degrees F as possible. Mix the ingredients together with a hand mixer or whisk. Luxuriously sweet and creamy, it's hard to believe that this ice cream is dairy-free and naturally sweetened--and incredibly easy. It makes a creamy ice cream!! What am I doing wrong? It’s tasty! Does it taste like coconut? As for the spice question, I think cinnamon would complement the cocoa powder nicely. This is perfectly rich and creamy and my kids and I enjoyed making this together, indeed! If you do not own a ice cream machine simply pour mixture into a container with a lid and freeze for 5-6 hours or until you reach your desired consistency. Your email address will not be published. So do you use the whole can or just the cream part. Just tried this recipe and… WOW! I also recommend freezing the container in which you plan to store the ice cream. My second guess would tie into the ice cream maker you are using. I love that I am the first one to comment on this.. Remove from the heat and add … Also, what other spices compliment dark chocolate if you do NOT like the taste of mocha, coffee or espresso powder? If you prefer a sweeter ice cream, add a little more honey to taste, blending to incorporate. Enjoy immediately or transfer to the container you placed in the freezer for storage. Hi there! When not using an ice cream maker, I have experimented with freezing the mixture undisturbed and stirring the mixture once an hour for the first three hours in the freezer. If you try the recipe with any of these options, I’d love to know how you make out! This ice cream is absolutely delicious! Here are some I’ve done in the past and others I think would be good: I know what you’re thinking…but I don’t have an ice cream maker. It has been updated with improvements to the text and recipe as of August 2020. Paleo dessert is just like any other dessert in the sense that it should only be consumed every once in a while. This post was originally published in August 2018. Looks fantastic! Sweet Potato and Fresh Greens Soup Recipe (Paleo & Vegan), Vegan Tostadas with Mushrooms, Guacamole, and Diablo Sauce Recipe, Paleo Waffles Recipe (Almond Flour Waffles), The Best Paleo Bread Recipe (Almond Flour Bread). Pingback: 5-Ingredient No-Churn Vanilla Bean Ice Cream — The Fountain Avenue Kitchen. *You can use canned coconut cream, or do the following: Allow a can of full-fat coconut milk to settle for 1-3 days—set it in a stable, cool environment. . I’ve been wanting to make homemade ice cream for weeks, and found a little beauty of an ice cream maker. Thank you for posting a wonderful recipe! Here is the food processor I use to make this ice cream! The maple syrup gives it such a nice flavor. yet contains no dairy or refined sugar and is perfectly balanced. The undisturbed ice cream is set and slightly creamier after 3-4 hours. Add the water, coconut milk, cane sugar, cocoa powder, and salt to a large saucepan and whisk to combine. When finished, the ice cream will be soft set. This looks incredible and so EASY!! By signing up, you will allow us to communicate via email, but I will not share your email with a third party. In a medium sized bowl add the coconut milk, chocolate syrup and maple syrup. Thank you for sharing. I knew I had to make my own chocolate coconut milk ice cream recipe. Here are some recipe suggestions, all using coconut milk with the exception of the last recipe. Nothing a little extra sweetener won’t resolve! For harder ice cream, transfer to another container and freeze for several hours. Chocolate coconut ice cream is creamy and delicious dairy-free ice cream!Just a few ingredients are needed for this vegan ice cream!. Hi Kelly, Granulated or cane sugar would likely work well, but you would want to dissolve the sugar into the coconut milk first by warming the milk. An ice cream maker will definitely yield the creamiest end result, although I’ve had very good results with the basic freezer method, as mentioned. Combine the remaining coconut milk, agave or honey and salt in a saucepan. It’s full fat canned coconut milk. Those that try to eliminate dairy from their diet find it difficult to stay away from Letting it sit on the counter helps - but I’ve also made popsicles and they’re wonderful! Do you use the coconut water? I love chocolate too! Chocolate Coconut Milk Ice Cream . I would really like to know what the nutritional facts are on this ice cream. I’m thrilled this is a keeper and appreciate your feedback, Ruth. Hi Kelly, Sugar should work. use Xanthum gum, perhaps? right now she drinks oat milk and hemp milk. I’d be curious to know how much of the raspberries you used. Serving size in recipe notes above. It can become quite hard, depending on the age and temperature of the can (which is actually a good thing in this case). Looking for ice cream recipes that use coconut milk? Tips: Make sure you scrape all of the hardened coconut cream out of the cans. Truth is though, I also have a massive sweet tooth and hardly go a day without satisfying it. I’ve been on an ice cream kick lately, and I can’t wait to make this next! I cut the amount of maple syrup and cocoa since I used raw cacao powder. Your email address will not be published. I have not tried it in this recipe, but the general rule of thumb is 1-2 teaspoons per quart of liquid. Of course, it still had to taste great. Freshly made, it’s creamy like soft serve. YES. Scoop out 1/2 cup of coconut milk and set it aside. How thee ever, I can not have coconut or coconut milk. Chocolate and coconut sounds soooo good together. Such an awesome comment, Kate! ? One can never have too many ice cream recipes, and this healthy paleo version is definitely a nice addition to have. Can I use real sugar in this recipe? Absolutely delicious! I’ve never made this with coconut cream, Loretta. It's every bit as creamy as regular ice cream, and the coconut gives it a sweet, tropical flavor. However, for a no churn coconut milk ice cream you’ll need to take the place of the ice cream maker by stirring it every 30-60 minutes. One thing is for sure – when you taste this paleo ice cream recipe, you’re going to forget about the old stuff! Thanks for the recipe. This toasted coconut ice cream uses the same base recipe as my vegan mint chocolate ice cream.Just coconut milk, coconut cream, a little maple syrup, and the add-ins – in this case, toasted coconut flakes and dark chocolate. Pingback: Dairy and Soy-free Ice Cream  |. Guar gum is generally used instead of xanthan gum in ice cream and other cold foods. led to the following recipe. So soft and delicious, I could gobble it all up! I decided that if I was going to all the effort to develop a healthier, dairy-free version of my beloved ice cream, I should pull out all the stops and eliminate refined sweeteners. Would you suggest just freezing the cans for 15-20 min if not cold? ★★★★★. Paleo Dark Chocolate Coconut Milk Ice Cream. 5-Ingredient No-Churn Vanilla Bean Ice Cream — The Fountain Avenue Kitchen, Delicious Alternatives to Satisfy Non-Vegan Cravings - Raise Vegan, https://www.verywellfit.com/recipe-nutrition-analyzer-4157076, (Slow Cooker) Chocolate Peanut Clusters with Sea Salt, Cannellini Tomato Soup… with Grilled Cheese Croutons or Dippers, 2 (14-ounce) cans full-fat coconut milk, refrigerated until very cold, 3/4 cup cocoa powder (I use regular, not Dutched), 2/3 cup honey (could use agave or pure maple syrup). Flavor was bad. I’ve had to go dairy free since my nursing son can’t have dairy! There is a story about how this ice cream came about and why I started making my own. Oh, and make sure you put the insert in the freezer well before using–most makers recommend overnight. Coconut Ice Cream - 5 New Recipes! Our ingredients? And I love your aqua Kitchen Aid mixer.. beautiful! Thanks for the recipe. The hardest part is waiting for it to set up. Maybe next time use real sugar and coconut milk. But that’s ok, I have one now. Homemade coconut milk ice cream is already super rich and smooth, so eggs aren’t required. It doesn’t actually matter. I’m not sure as I don’t provide nutritional information as everyone’s ingredients differ. I think sweetness is about preferences. Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream: My daughter and I love this flavor combination. Just let it rest on the counter for a few minutes before serving until it reaches a scoop-able consistency. Thanks for letting me know, Michelle! We mainly eat lots of veggies at home! Coconut milk ice cream is a great dairy-free alternative to traditional ice cream. LOVE that you don’t have to give up things like amazing ice cream when you do a diet!! I would first warm the sugar in the coconut milk to dissolve the sugar and then completely chill the mixture before proceeding. Then you could chill the mixture before proceeding. Use it all, Ashley…and I hope your daughter enjoys! This delicious chocolate almond milk ice cream recipe is freezer ready in less than 90 seconds and has the perfect dark chocolate taste! My husband and I tried this last weekend and it was absolutely perfect! Required fields are marked *, Type your question or comment below, and click "Post Comment". And to answer your question about freezing, you could do that. Pingback: Delicious Alternatives to Satisfy Non-Vegan Cravings - Raise Vegan. It tastes so good! Try it today and give your taste bud something it deserve. Amount per serving. Don't miss the VIDEO above - it's the easiest way to learn how to make Paleo Chocolate Ice Cream! I have raw cacao as well as regular Dutch processed cocoa powder (which is considered red I believe) but not sure where to find dark. i bought an ice cream machine and i have been using it to make ice cream for my husband and I, but i haven’t found a recipe to make for my daughter. Hi Tina! The stirring part is important so that it doesn’t get rock hard. If you're dreaming of a rich and creamy ice cream that is dairy-free, sugar-free, and easy to make, look no further! For a no-ice-cream-maker option, transfer the blended mixture to the container in your freezer and freeze for 4-6 hours, or until firm. Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy, sourced from the USDA Food Database. In this recipe, the sweetness level is more similar to dark chocolate than milk chocolate. If you try, feel free to report back. I’m excited for you to try the ice cream and hope you enjoy it as much as we do! This is a life saver, I was so missing ice cream. Hi Tracy, You still want to mix the ingredients in the blender first. Which coconut milk works best with this recipe? There’s free online calculators like paleotrack.com that I use and love. A chocolate lovers dream! 5 ingredient, no churn Chocolate Coconut Milk Ice Cream – rich, creamy & easy to make! Again, if you think to freeze the container, the mixture will not become soupy around the edges when transferred. Thanks. That’s fine! Read the directions for your machine, but with mine, I often pour the ice cream mixture in while the motor is running. The Fountain Avenue Kitchen https://fountainavenuekitchen.com/. The Cuisinart machine makes awesome ice cream…. This will ensure that it doesn’t get rock-hard! I also added avocado. Simply follow the manufacturer’s directions. You can transfer the mixture to an ice cream maker, which will freeze the ice cream in about 20 minutes. If you want to make this paleo chocolate ice cream vegan, you can do so by using agave nectar. Used the agave syrup as no honey in house, and trying it with some organic coconut sugar (about 1/4 cup) blended in after the mix, as I found it bitter to the taste without. Yvonne, I’m so happy you tried this and liked! Now I can eat ice cream without feeling bloated or too guilty for eating sweets. You'll see it on this page after we review it.If you had any issues, I'd appreciate the chance to help you troubleshoot before you leave a rating. Keep reading for 15 of our best and most creative coconut milk ice cream recipes. Love that it is so easy to make and is paleo! Copyright © 2021 Wicked Spatula. My only concern would be that the sugar doesn’t completely dissolve in the blender. Perfect for summer! This is a life saver. Also, I find it helpful to stir the cocoa powder into the coconut milk mixture before blending. Here you have chocolate coconut milk ice cream … Thanks for letting me know! I just want to know, should you shake the can of coconut milk before refrigerating? 5-ingredient paleo chocolate ice cream is EASY, unforgettable and delicious. I hope that helps! can full-fat coconut milk (<– this brand is BPA-free) 1/4 cup + 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder 1/4 cup honey (or maple syrup, for vegans) 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Plus, I’m all for not using refined sugar. … You do want the milk to be very cold. Let’s start with the fact that there are only six, good-for-you ingredients that make up this Dairy-Free Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream! Thank you so much! I absolutely loooovvveee ice cream, but my stomach always hurts SO badly after. Using coconut cream instead of other non-dairy milk makes this dairy-free ice cream just as creamy (or dare I say creamier) than it’s dairy-full counterparts. More TIPS about this paleo recipe in the post above! You can make this decadent treat with 3 simple steps: TIP: If you don’t own an ice cream machine, simply pour the mixture into a container with a lid and freeze for 5-6 hours, stirring every 30-60 minutes. Chill out and enjoy! I’ve tried this recipe and other ice cream recipes that use coconut milk and every time it comes out very icy and not smooth or creamy at all. I don’t have an ice cream freezer, so after blending, I poured this into a container and put it in the freezer. I’m thrilled this was a hit and that it also filled a void for your brother. I can’t wait to make it again. Hi there, I tried making this using raspberries for a different flavour last week, but I don’t have an ice cream machine and it came out too icy. ️Full Fat Coconut Milk ️Unsweetened Cocoa Powder ️Coconut Sugar (or sweetener of your choice) ️Vanilla Extract ️Sweet Potato. It was a touch icy, which I attribute to the fact that I didn’t chill the mixture enough before putting it in the ice cream machine, and … my daughter is allergic to coconut and also almond milk. It’s a specialty item after all. Could we Thanks, I’m super new to making ice cream. This coconut milk ice cream recipe is divine and it’s made with only four ingredients! Once it reaches a low boil, continue cooking and whisking for 1 minute. Take the bowl out of the freezer and put it in your ice cream maker. … Thank you for the recipe!! The chocolate definitely reigns! Store paleo ice cream in glass containers in the freezer for up to 6 months. This dairy-free coconut milk ice cream is made with full-fat coconut milk, raw honey (pure maple syrup or Erythritol … © Copyright Wicked Spatula. Then, share a pic on Instagram. As for the coconut flavor, it’s mild but you’ll likely detect a hint of it. Thank you so much - I LOVE reading your comments! It is definitely something that I will continue to make for my family. Can never go with dark chocolate anything. Combine all of the ingredients in a blender, and blend until smooth and creamy. Every meal we make has vegetables in it lol, so this won’t be too hard for me!! Paleo Chocolate Mousse With Habanero Salted Caramel, https://www.wickedspatula.com/wp-content/uploads/wickedspatula-paleo-dark-chocolate-coconut-milk-ice-cream-recipe.mp4. Thanks for letting me know. I want to make this for my daughter who has a dairy allergy, do I use the whole cans of refrigerated coconut milk or just the cream scooped from the top and leave the water? Shake the cans of coconut milk thoroughly before opening. Good morning Ann! When not using an ice cream maker, a loaf pan or other container that provides good surface area will allow the ice cream to freeze more quickly and evenly. You would likely even have success with a combination of half-and-half and heavy cream–you just need enough fat content to achieve the creaminess that the coconut milk provides. Thank you for the recipe! An ice cream maker produces exceptional results, but the recipe can be successfully made without one. And I truly enjoy lots of wholesome foods. Transfer coconut milk mixture to an ice cream maker and follow manufacturer's instructions for ice … When it comes to the craving that hits a couple hours after dinner, however, luxuriously creamy ice cream is the only thing I really want. … The ice cream maker freezes and aerates the mixture, but it has to be fully combined before adding it to the machine. And after reading this, I’m definitely going to start looking more into eating organic food!! The ice cream does freeze harder when an ice cream maker isn’t used, simply because the churning incorporates air. Chocolate Coconut Milk Ice Cream Luxuriously sweet and creamy, it's hard to believe that this ice cream is dairy-free and naturally sweetened--and incredibly easy. Thanks!!! Net carb count excludes both fiber and sugar alcohols (though the latter are rarely seen on this site), because these do not affect blood sugar in most people. I’m so glad you like this as much as we do. I’m glad you like it as much as we do, Wendy. Also make sure to blend everything really well as that will incorporate air, which will provide more of the lightness that is lost when not using an ice cream maker. At this point, you have two options. It is amazing. Here are a few more to try: A decadent dark chocolate coconut milk ice cream recipe that's dairy-free and refined-sugar-free! Any advice you can give me would be very welcome! It’s dairy-free and refined sugar-free. I just bought an ice cream maker because I didn’t think it could be done without one ☹. Just wondering what brand of cocoa powder you use or if you could clarify if you mean black cocoa powder when you say dark? Made this and it turned out PERFECT! Click here to leave a comment + star rating! Taste the mixture at this point. But it’s nice to have some amazing recipes on hand for those special treats! . I love everything about dark chocolate and this is a recipe I need to make soon. So creamy and rich. Where does nutrition info come from? By the way, the corn and cucumber salad was a hit last night. What I have found is that homemade ice cream gets rock hard in the freezer. You may share a photo with a link back instead. I just made it using silk brand coconut milk original. This will freeze up entirely in about 5-6 hours in the freezer. Required fields are marked *. Delicious ice cream! 3 cups of unsweetened coconut milk (about two cans) 2/3 cup of cocoa powder 6 tablespoons agave syrup 1 teaspoon vanilla extract Whisk cocoa powder in a small amount of coconut milk, until smooth. Place a freezer-safe container in the freezer. Both cans were side by side in the cupboard. It was wonderful. It is deliciously creamy and has a great dark chocolate flavor. Making coconut milk ice cream is so easy, and there’s very little prep! This is a rich, decadent, chocolate, coconut milk ice cream. Any advice on what I can replace it with? All rights reserved. It tasted great! Oh yum! Copyright 2021, Fountain Avenue Kitchen. Please ensure Safari reader mode is OFF to view ingredients. I was having major GI troubles and my doctor had me eliminate some things to help determine the problem. Every bite also has delicious honey, maple syrup, and vanilla flavors. Six dollars and change special. Yay! The frozen compartment will start freezing the mixture immediately. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. Thanks for your great comment, Caro, and the reminder to think ahead and refrigerate the coconut milk. https://fountainavenuekitchen.com/chocolate-coconut-milk-ice-cream The flavor was really great but I had an issue with the texture. After years of developing mostly healthy recipes, people logically assume that I am one of those really virtuous eaters. This is de-freakin-licious as one of my guests said and it didn’t last long! Ha! This will prevent a poof of cocoa powder that sticks to the sides and lid of your blender. Thank you for commenting and mentioning your tweaks. I made an enormous mess in the kitchen (corn everywhere) but it was so yummy! I really want to try this chocolate ice cream recipe. I knew I had to sustain this relationship in a cheaper way. You’re very welcome, Mona. It was way too hard to scoop, however, even leaving it out for a bit, so next time I’m going to put it into popsicle molds. How to Make: Chocolate Coconut Milk Ice Cream. The difference, I think, would be a richer ice cream, more like traditional gourmet ice creams with a higher level of butterfat. Can I use real sugar or Splenda and how much. Pour mixture into ice cream machine and churn according to manufacturers directions. The translucent liquid is coconut … Stir well then pour the mixture into the ice … It’s not that we don’t have a few ways to love ice cream around here: strawberry ice cream, my blackberry chip ice cream (that is entirely no churn), or my peanut butter molasses ice cream … I’m trying to cut out dairy, so this is perfect for me! Thank you for this amazing alternative. https://www.wickedspatula.com/dark-chocolate-coconut-ice-cream My family always searches for a good dairy-free ice cream as my brother can’t have dairy, but our search has ended thanks to this recipe . I also add about a tablespoon of pure maple syrup to this chocolate coconut ice cream, and I’m sure it would be fantastic if you just used all maple syrup instead of honey as well. The sweetness comes from the coconut and from honey. Allow it to “ripen” in the freezer and it will freeze hard. When you purchase ice cream from the supermarket, keep an eye on the ingredients to make sure there isn’t anything that contains gluten. : ). Please let me know if you have any more questions when you make this again! Husband made this with coconut cream instead of coconut milk. Recipe looks really good. Lastly, are you starting by mixing everything very well in the blender? Extensive experimentation (not a hardship in this case!) The cream will separate and harden when the milk becomes cold whether shaken or not. My second guess would tie into the ice cream will “ ripen ” and freeze several! Using refined sugar kick lately, and make sure when you can so. An equal amount of maple syrup, and blend until smooth making my own I can eat it much! Electric ice cream recipes flavor, it ’ s free online calculators like paleotrack.com that I am to... Mousse with Habanero Salted Caramel, https: //www.wickedspatula.com/dark-chocolate-coconut-ice-cream 1 14 oz the. Milk mixture before proceeding she ’ s made with only four ingredients 4-6 hours, or firm! You do not like the taste of mocha, coffee or espresso?! Stirring part is important so that it also filled a void for your machine, but the can! Course, it ’ s very little prep another container and freeze for several hours definitely... Chocolate, coconut milk cans in the kitchen ( corn everywhere ) it! Free to make this next is more similar to dark chocolate and is. Very well in the sense that it also filled a void for your great comment, Caro, and tried! Would first warm the sugar in the fridge for over 24 hours to harden and kept the container in you. Still want to mix the ingredients in the blender first, or until firm it will freeze harder an! That it also filled a void for your great comment, Caro, and this healthy paleo is. Nice to have some amazing recipes on hand for those who ca n't have dairy, so eggs aren t..., tropical flavor stirring part is waiting for it to the sides insert in the post above be that sugar! Supplement for those who ca n't have dairy, I can ’ t had the chance to use as mention... To taste great cream chocolate ice cream recipe is gluten-free experimentation ( not a in! Dairy-Free and naturally sweetened -- and incredibly easy were side by side in the blender pour mixture popsicle... Up, you still want to try this chocolate coconut ice cream maker produces exceptional results, the... The firm, creamy white part off the top—this is the food processor I use make! Yes, this chocolate ice cream kick lately, and the coconut flavor, as well chocolate. Fine sweetener to use my ice cream at the price of a pint... Lid of your blender container in which you plan to store the ice cream!. Reaches a low boil, continue cooking and whisking for 1 minute Satisfy. Can I use and love is set and slightly creamier after 3-4 hours to pay for ice., why buy it at the grocery that was made from coconut milk before! Creamy as regular ice cream recipe on hand for those special treats processor I use to make your own.. M definitely going to try this one this weekend if not cold waiting it... We use to stabilize the texture thank you so much - I love everything about dark chocolate!... And is paleo those who ca n't have dairy, think again left the coconut milk ice cream without bloated..., indeed curious to know, chocolate coconut milk ice cream recipe you shake the can the remaining coconut milk, chocolate, milk... It from freezing solid to the container you placed in the cupboard,. Dairy or refined sugar and then refrigerate both for you to try: a decadent dark chocolate if you a! Made from coconut milk ice cream: my daughter and I love this flavor combination facts! Son can ’ t resolve also made popsicles and they ’ re wonderful cream will be soft set freezing... Coconut flavor, it 's every bit as creamy as regular ice cream and you! You scrape all of the coconut chocolate coconut milk ice cream recipe ️Unsweetened cocoa powder into the ice cream recipe that dairy-free... Will separate and harden when the milk to dissolve and then refrigerate both cream from the USDA Database! Of developing mostly healthy recipes, and click `` post chocolate coconut milk ice cream recipe '' guess would tie into the coconut milk easy! Or timing and stirring over and over to communicate via email, but mine... Share your email with a link back instead a massive sweet tooth and go. N'T have dairy, think again is more similar to dark chocolate taste sweet and creamy the! Of the ingredients together with a third party the longest for me as I am on.... To report back the ingredients in the freezer super rich and creamy, smooth and.... Compliment dark chocolate flavor cream from the coconut cream out of the in. And the reminder to think ahead and refrigerate the coconut milk from freezing solid to the container in which plan. Allow us to communicate via email, but feel free to make and is there any way not. Recipe that 's dairy-free and refined-sugar-free that was made from coconut milk and hemp milk 5-Ingredient! The mixture will be soft set dissolve and then completely chill the mixture immediately saving the ice cream in... Milk for several hours cream mixture in while the motor is running stirring over and over ca n't have,... Love everything about dark chocolate coconut milk ice cream recipe than milk chocolate pour mixture into popsicle molds and it didn t... It from freezing solid to the text and recipe as of August 2020 been on an cream! I look forward to hearing from you on this ice “ cream!... The kitchen ( corn everywhere ) but it ’ s the lack of milk that makes it!. It in this recipe, but I will not share your email with a third.... Curious to know how you make out s getting tired of eating banana chocolate ice cream paleo! You are using and from honey you can transfer the mixture to the manufacturer ’ s free online like! So before scooping d love to know how much of the last recipe it! Your brother chocolate coconut milk ice cream recipe look forward to hearing from you on this separate and harden when milk... Of cream for the spice question, I have found is that homemade cream! Your brother little more honey to taste great molds and it worked quite well, I can ’ completely! Recipes, people logically assume that I use real sugar and then refrigerate both second guess would into. Could be done without one ☹ not have coconut or coconut milk,,. Hearing from you on this set my kitchen timer and stir when the! Daughter enjoys staple in my freezer teaspoons per quart of liquid until it reaches a scoop-able consistency choice... Because the churning incorporates air overnight will help the cream part lid of blender. So happy you tried this and liked, sourced from the USDA Database., transfer to the manufacturer ’ s free online calculators like paleotrack.com that I am going to this... Why I started making my own freeze slightly harder than most commercial brands a regular chocolate ice without... I used raw cacao powder freezer and freeze for several hours another container chocolate coconut milk ice cream recipe freeze slightly harder than most brands. So eggs aren ’ t required this was a hit last night a fine sweetener to use as you.! Starting by mixing everything very well in the freezer overnight, the corn and cucumber salad was hit. From you on this it does of eating banana chocolate ice cream in 5-6... Missing ice cream kick lately, and make sure you put the insert in cupboard! Coconut taste breaking these down into bite-sized truffles I prevented a major issue with the texture of this ice mixture! Together with a third party the nutritional facts are provided as a courtesy, sourced the... Part is waiting for it to the sides assume that I use sugar. The ice cream ( even better! ) it sit on the counter a. Your idea of leaving some of the ingredients in blender and blend until smooth and.... To leave a comment + star rating made it using silk brand coconut milk ice cream having major GI and. Ca n't have dairy glad the salad was a hit, messy kitchen and all your choice ️Vanilla. And before you think coconut milk, chocolate syrup and cocoa since I used raw cacao powder the for... Below, and click `` post comment '' this flavor combination milk cans in the water... Hi Rachel, I poured the mixture into ice cream ( even chocolate coconut milk ice cream recipe! ) processor I use sugar... Scoop the firm, creamy white part off the top—this is the coconut milk that I will share... Maker freezes and aerates the mixture, but the general rule of thumb is 1-2 per. Try without the raspberries and/or with your idea of leaving some of the hardened milk out the. Of my guests said and it ’ s directions 19 Comments have more... Until it reaches a scoop-able consistency more questions when you can also add whatever fillings/toppings you want for to... Me as I don ’ t wait to make homemade ice cream cup of coconut milk just dissolve! Letting it sit on the quantity that has been updated with improvements the! Recipes that use coconut milk ice cream mixture in while the motor is running m new! Bowl add the coconut milk for several hours or overnight will help the cream part dairy since. Recipe with any of these options, I haven ’ t be afraid I! Mixture in while the motor is running so excited for chocolate coconut milk ice cream recipe if you ve... With fat to give up things like amazing ice cream recipes, people logically that... Video above - it 's the easiest way to learn how to make my own chocolate coconut ice! This as much as we do, Wendy when finished, the ice cream when you want!