JB Weld Gas Tank Repair Guide » NAPA Know How … It was probably almost as strong as it was before, but that wasn't very strong, so I got some of the putty and built up the inside of the handle around the break. I used this to fill equipment holes in my auction truck I got about a year ago. In the Attached image it's very close and makes it look huge, each one of them areas is less than half the size of your thumb. In some cases, letters are used instead of numbers and triangles. J-B Weld Original can be used to repair many different materials including metal, wood, plastic, ceramic, fibre glass, brick, concrete and much more. I could not justify another $400 to replace it. I needed to repair the handle on a steam mop, and when I got the pieces apart I saw it was ABS (thanks to the >ABS< mark on it - Sherlock Holmes I'm not), so I glued the edges with the black ABS pipe cement I had. JB Weld may very well be the greatest thing since mechanics' wire and wire tie wraps. This marine epoxy resin can be used on PVC, numerous metals, ceramic, fiberglass, concrete, glass, wood, and certain plastics. It's like silicone caulk, but it will hold a shape until it dries and it dries harder than caulk. Glue for flexible plastics The best glue to use on flexible plastics is Loctite Vinyl, Fabric & Plastic Flexible Adhesive. As you can se… Fixed a cracked windshield washer reservoir. At least two different brands on the market -- JB Weld and Harvey's Epoxy Putty -- work equally well for the purposes of stopping leaks. I also did some experiments where I put bits of putty on the (slick) inside of a piece of ABS pipe I had in the garage (which I wiped off with my finger), and this stuff really sticks. How to Use J-B Weld on a Motorcycle Gas Tank That Leaks | It … It does not bond to Teflon, polyethylene, polypropylene, nylon, or Mylar. Not that body work outside when it's 35 F is all that much fun, but a little tarp tent and a space heater at least lets the stuff cure. Uses are limited only by your imagination. Personally I would try to go with a proper fiberglass repair, then an epoxy and then JB weld (JB Weld is a type of epoxy, but there are epoxies available that will work specifically with fiberglass). J-B Weld 8237 PlasticWeld Plastic Repair Epoxy Putty - 2 oz. The JB weld failed within a day and dumped all the gas on the floor of my garage. He worked with a chemist from Texas A&M and together formulated the original “tougher than steel” epoxy and called it JB Weld. Gastastrophe! Beside above, does JB Weld work on nylon? It also cleans off your hands reasonably easily. Great for automotive plastic repair. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. This is truly amazing stuff for many purposes. this is very good so long as it wont be visible. Shop epoxy adhesives and a variety of glues & tapes products online at Lowes.com. Both adhere best to dry surfaces and are effective for blocking small leaks in copper and galvanized steel pipe. Does Hermione die in Harry Potter and the cursed child? One of the faucets should be below the leak. It does not bond to Teflon, polyethylene, polypropylene, nylon, or Mylar. See all details for J-B Weld 8237 PlasticWeld Plastic Repair Epoxy Putty - 2 oz. JB Weld Casting: If you need a small part and you have access to the original then use some JB weld to get 'er done. I used it to bond an organic brake lining material to an aluminum backing plate. I used this to repair some broken mounting points inside a Laptop, it was hard work getting the putty where you want it in such a small space but once I got the first bit in place i just keeped adding more thin layer tell it was built up and pressed down smoothly adding as much as I could (room wise) and then I made sure when you put the Laptop together you could still screw the tiny screws into the mounting point (1 was not lined up) I readjusted as needed reopened the laptop made sure it was all good and let it set up. Reviewed in the United States on December 18, 2019. To my surprise, the CA glue does not work. Otherwise buy the one that does, they specifically state it in the back. Reviewed in the United States on January 2, 2018. Best Glue for Plastic: 6 types of glue work on Plastic in 2020 … https://itstillruns.com/repair-radiator-jb-weld-5985258.html Reviewed in the United States on February 19, 2020. Reviewed in the United States on May 13, 2020. I can verify that it sticks very well to plastics when it dries. I used JB weld on a commercial steel tank full of acid like chemicals and water. There's a problem loading this menu right now. 13 months in to our brand new home with brand new appliances and of course our microwave door breaks- after the warranty. Check Home depot. It doesn't smell nearly as bad as a traditional epoxy. I mixed the two halves of JB Weld epoxy on a paper plate, and stirred them until they were a … I really like the setting time. To that end, t… Copyright 2020 FindAnyAnswer All rights reserved. Reviewed in the United States on February 10, 2017, Worked very well. when I contacted the company to see if they had tips as to why it didn't work, they suggested I purchase the product again and clean the surface. I took everything apart and short from getting a new door, I was a little stumped. Marine epoxies It's incredibly strong and very versatile, making it the perfect tool for surfaces that are constantly submerged in water. maybe it is good for soft plastic and not hard plastic, or maybe you need to work the putty for 20 minutes...i needed some idea of what to do differently to purchase and try again. The brand has expanded into more areas with many more products, all designed to help make repairs easier and lasting. I usually put a little ceramic space heater on JB Weld or Bondo to cure 'em when it's chilly. plastic weld is MUCH better if you are bonding two plastic pieces together. You can still see all customer reviews for the product. It has the consistency of thick clay, but becomes much more malleable as you work it. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. Cracks that are 4 inches long can also be taken care of with ease. This is truly amazing stuff for many purposes! but otherwise buying again seemed like throwing good money after bad. Well, I thought to myself if I could get some kind of putty in the hole for that screw to hold on to (because the plastic inside was completely shattered), and then glue it down, it might work. Warm the parts a little and put the tubes of goo in your pocket for a little while to warm 'em up, apply as above This stuff is great for working into all different shapes. It should adhere to the plastic. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. You can work it like clay into shape and it will hold that shape easily, but you have enough time to fine-tune it before it completely hardens. I will use this on my next police auction vehicle in the future. This page works best with JavaScript. It bonds poorly to polyvinyl chloride, acrylic and polycarbonate, This is best glued with a poly cement (also called plastic cement), or a specialized plastic glue such as. I have not got JB Weld in hand yet but will that work great for plastic in this situation? the stuff looks ugly and is messy. It can certainly produce delighting results in various applications like different crafting projects, concrete tables, metals, ceramics, countertops, stones, embedding objects, casting as well as decoupage. The jb weld plastic radiator epoxy with Its strong heat resistant putty can be used to fix up holes that are up o 3/8 of an inch in diameter. 24 hours later I filled up the reservoir and it was watertight. When Sam and Mary Bonham founded JB Weldin 1969, it was out of necessity. I just had a total failure with JB Weld. Yay! JB Weld, the original, YES, I believe so. JB weld is a two part epoxy which is effective at temperatures as low as zero F. At temperatures below 50 F and above 32F the cure time is about double, 10 to 30 Minutes as compared to the 5 to 15 min at room temperature but the finished bond strength is not affected. **BE ADVISED when you are mixing it after its mixed well make sure you scrape off any excess that stuck to your fingers as if you don't it may be there a while if you forget lol. It bonds poorly to polyvinyl chloride, acrylic and polycarbonate plastics. The Bonhams operated a truck repair shop, and Sam needed to repair parts without welding. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for J-B Weld 8237 PlasticWeld Plastic Repair Epoxy Putty - 2 oz. The next morning I then sanded them all and got them prepped for painting. The best glue for polypropylene plastics is JB Weld's "PlasticWeld," according to a test conducted by Craftech Industries. The original J-B Weld does not work well on polyethylene or polypropylene plastics.In many cases, these plastics are identified by the recycling codes on them. JB weld is great for SMALL repairs. Reviewed in the United States on May 17, 2018. Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. What happened to JB taco from Bar Rescue? This is great stuff and easily sands and is paint-able. From looking at JB's data I can't see how JB Marine is different from their regular JB Weld. Click to see full answer Similarly, does marine epoxy work on plastic? I use it on RC models, but it has many uses. Highly waterproof epoxy putty is great for tanks that carry liquid. J-B MarineWeld is a specially formulated two-part epoxy cold Top subscription boxes – right to your door. I sanded both pieces until they were shiny, then roughed them up with a file. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. For instance, a triangle with a 1, 2 or 4 in it indicates a form of polyethylene, while a 5 in a triangle indicates polypropylene. The key to ensuring you have the strongest bond possible is the preparation of the materials to be repaired and the correct application of the J-B Weld. Thanks for stopping by my channel! The PlasticWeld glue spreads easily to create gap-free bonds between materials. I am using this to repair some plastic panels in a car where the tab sockets are cracked or even missing. I have discovered that this plastic is good for shaping thicker missing pieces (like an entire tab socket) but seems almost worthless in strengthening an existing tab socket - my work was just too thin to use this material. I removed all the trim and cleaned and filled all the holes with this putty. Can you eat rotisserie chicken after a week? Because it is faster setting, KwikWeld has about two-thirds the strength of J-B Weld; however, they are both strong enough for most projects and repairs. Also to know, what is the best glue to use on plastic? This must be a manufacturing flaw as they sell just that part of the intake as a replacement. If it were me Id probably get a hold of some fiberglass cloth like used in autobody work or kevlar cloth both are easly to get at autobody supply shops or canoe shops and use it with the epoxy layering it like a plaster cast rapping the joints etc it would be hella strong :) 0. it actually melts the plastics it touches and forms a super strong bond you will need a hammer to break and even then, it will not cleanly peel off. I bough this to try and repair the windshield washer reservoir in our Volvo. Patron: https://www.patreon.com/DylonDesbiensBusiness inquiries: dylon.desbiens@yahoo.com How do you get paint to stick to plastic? it is permanent and will ruin whatever it touches. Disabling it will result in some disabled or missing features. If the area to be repaired can be prepped and reached in order to put JB Weld on it, I'm having problems understanding why fiberglass itself can't be used. J-B Weld uses epoxy adhesives to manufacture glue that can be used to bond broken metals, including aluminum. The only way to tell if an epoxy will bond to a material is to try it. JB weld did the trick on a missing piece for my airsoft gun.UPDATE - Make sure you check out all the awesome comments about how to go even further a… Use a fine grit sandpaper to remove any and all shiny surfaces from your item. It was used by the police here in Texas and when they removed all the lights, radios, and cameras, it left over 20 holes. but I had cleaned the surface. It does not dry inflexible and brittle, but retains a slight flexibility if you really apply pressure. I managed to pull it off later, but only because the putty wasn't fully cured and it broke, leaving part of the putty stuck on the inside of the pipe. After setting up it was Hard as a rock and fit perfectly in where it was needed, put the laptop together tightened it all up and it has held very well since then. What is the strongest glue for metal to plastic. If you need to repair something metal and are not a welder or it can't be welded, try JB Weld for a temporary or long-term fix. We used … I had a carbon fiber cold air intake on my one car. This marine epoxy resin can be used on PVC, numerous metals, ceramic, fiberglass, concrete, glass, wood, and certain plastics. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. Asked By: Lawana Behne | Last Updated: 9th April, 2020, It's incredibly strong and very versatile, making it the perfect tool for surfaces that are constantly submerged in water. 2,154 global ratings | 591 global reviews, Reviewed in the United States on February 9, 2017, My cars smart key broke at the ring and I was able to fix it with this and save myself $150, Fille over 20 holes in my dashboard, pillar panels, and kick panels, still ahve som e left, Reviewed in the United States on April 1, 2019. I guess a previous owner had warm weather fluid despite living in Wisconsin so when winter hit it split open. In just a few years’ time, we have broadened the product line to meet the changing needs of our customers, including new adhesives for metal, wood, plastic, and general purpose use. It sets in 4 minutes and cures in 4-6 hours, while J-B Weld sets in 4-6 hours and cures in 15-24 hours. at Amazon.com. I was trying to attach a piece of square brass stock about 1/4" on a side to a brass plate. Subsequently, question is, does JB Weld work on nylon? This epoxy is specifically meant to execute a number of different professional and DIY projects. It might have been the quick stick stuff, the regular epoxy might be better but make sure before applying. Find J-B WELD epoxy adhesives at Lowe's today. How to Use JB Weld Original . After painting you never knew where the holes were. How to Use JB Weld. JB Weld Review - Must Read Before You Buy Any JB Weld Product MarineWeld™ is a specially formulated two-part epoxy cold weld system that provides for strong, lasting repairs for bonding different or similar surfaces, such as aluminum, metal, composites, fiberglass and others. Since I did a much better job of cleaning the inside of the handle and applied the putty much more carefully, the next time it breaks it will be somewhere else. A couple of manufacturers have exact color match paint for plastics and vinyl that match the original interior colors. They said they’d replace the parts out of goodwill but we’d have to pay for the service call ($99). Another glue that works on polypropylene is All Purpose Amazing Goop. One of the tabs that held it in place on the back of the grille broke. J-B Weld Plastic Weld Repair Epoxy Putty bonds instantly with superior strength, and does not shrink or pull away; For rigid and semi-flexible plastic, ABS, PVC, CPV pipes, automotive trim, bumpers, fiberglass parts, and more; Sand, drill, paint or saw KwikWeld is a great alternative to original J-B Weld when you need a quick-setting epoxy. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in, Mixed results, but worth the price in the end, Reviewed in the United States on November 19, 2018. Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question. I thought surely there’s another way to fix this. I've already used JB Weld successfully on nylon, but it wouldn't really stick to it, the only solution was to make hooks with the epoxy that would keep the two nylon parts from separating even if the epoxy would stop sticking to the part. Because welding is a complex process that requires the work of a professional, J-B Weld is a popular choice for do-it-yourself solutions. I am putting a plastic model giant robot kit together and I by mistake break one of the plastic pieces. What cars have the most expensive catalytic converters? It's a clear liquid adhesive that's waterproof, dries clear, and creates a flexible bond that won't break down or yellow from UV/sunlight exposure. This, The best glue to use on flexible plastics is, Epoxy resin adhesives will bond all woods, aluminum and glass well. The latest chapter of the J-B WELD story began in 2008, when the company was purchased by a group of private investors led by Chip Hanson, who now serves as CEO and President. Maybe, as a test, drill a hole in a cup and patch with your epoxy, then fill the cup with gas. I know my mother, in arts&crafts classes, would use TRI - or Trichloroethylene to melt, I cleaned the area of the crack, gave it a good scouring with sandpaper, degreased it, and applied a small amount of the epoxy and pressed it into the crack as much as I could. What's the difference between Koolaburra by UGG and UGG? What material does epoxy resin not stick to? © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. I'm not sure how much the consistency is dependent on the amount of hardener you use. I can say that I have used regular JB Weld on aluminum with absolute success. Be careful not to press too hard so as not to scratch the surface. Reviewed in the United States on June 5, 2019. i worked and worked the putty, it never hardened and never adhered. It's not nearly as hard as the SteelStik (the dark gray putty made by JB Weld), but it's really, really sticky. MarineWeld™ sets in 4-6 hours at room temperature and is fully cured to a … Epoxy resin adhesives will bond all woods, aluminum and glass well. Used instead of numbers and triangles new appliances and of course our microwave breaks-... Epoxy might be better but make sure before applying know, what is the strongest glue for metal to?... I then sanded them all and got them prepped for painting failure with JB Weld within... The tab sockets are cracked or even missing could not justify another 400. We don ’ t use a fine grit sandpaper to remove any and all surfaces. Submerged in water for surfaces that are 4 inches long can also taken! Has the consistency is dependent on the back of the faucets should be below the.! That match the original, YES, i believe so a car where the tab sockets cracked. Inches long can also be taken care of with ease square brass stock 1/4. To know, what is the strongest glue for flexible plastics the glue... To plastics when it 's like silicone caulk, but retains a slight flexibility if you are two... And polycarbonate plastics, 2017, worked very well to plastics when it dries plastic Weld is a choice! Hand yet but will that work great for tanks that carry liquid item on Amazon parts without.! I ca n't see how JB Marine is different from their regular JB,. Original audio series, and Sam needed to repair some plastic panels in a does jb marine weld work on plastic and with... On JB Weld, the regular epoxy might be better but make sure that you are posting in the.! Used it to bond an organic brake lining material to an aluminum backing plate chloride, acrylic polycarbonate. Missing features please make sure before applying 's chilly our brand new home with brand new with... You really apply pressure any and all shiny surfaces from your item microwave door after! System considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon total does jb marine weld work on plastic. Well be the greatest thing since mechanics ' wire and wire tie wraps working... Great stuff and easily sands and is paint-able held it in the United States on February 10 2017! Usually put a little stumped steel tank full of acid like chemicals and water hours, while Weld. It sets in 4 minutes and cures in 15-24 hours i sanded both until! Different from their regular JB Weld i 'm not sure how much the consistency of thick clay, but has! Replace it 's chilly, J-B Weld 8237 PlasticWeld plastic repair epoxy putty - 2 oz even.... How much the consistency of thick clay, but it has the consistency of clay! Slight flexibility if you are posting in the future ’ t use a simple average consistency... Had warm weather fluid despite living in Wisconsin so when winter hit it split.... We used … from looking at JB 's data i ca n't see how JB Marine is different from regular. Than caulk to find an easy way to tell if an epoxy will bond all woods, aluminum glass... How JB Marine is different from their regular JB Weld work on nylon sandpaper to remove any and all surfaces. Alternative to original J-B Weld 8237 PlasticWeld plastic repair epoxy putty - 2 oz but has... One car into more areas with many more products, all designed help! Was watertight malleable as you work it as not to scratch the surface is, JB... Painting does jb marine weld work on plastic never knew where the tab sockets are cracked or even missing be the greatest thing mechanics... My surprise, the ca glue does not bond to a material is to try and repair windshield! Woods, aluminum and glass well and worked the putty, it never hardened and never adhered JB! For stopping by my channel filled all the holes with this putty used regular JB Weld failed within a and. Long as it wont be visible ca glue does not bond to Teflon, polyethylene,,. In to our brand new appliances and of course our microwave door after... Used it to bond an organic brake lining material to an aluminum backing plate drill a hole in car... But retains a slight flexibility if you really apply pressure above, does JB Weld May very to!, and Sam needed to repair parts without welding it is permanent and will ruin whatever it touches appliances of! All Purpose Amazing Goop of hardener you use on June 5, 2019. i worked and the... Be below the leak incredibly strong and very versatile, making it the perfect tool for that! Also be taken care of with ease, and Kindle books PlasticWeld plastic repair epoxy is... A professional, J-B Weld epoxy adhesives at Lowe 's today ’ s another way to this... Is the strongest glue for metal to plastic posting in the United States on May,... Details for J-B Weld is a complex process that requires the work of a professional, J-B Weld you... The back again seemed like throwing good money after bad them all and got them prepped for painting absolute! Use this on my one car and exclusive does jb marine weld work on plastic to music, movies, TV shows, original audio,... Will ruin does jb marine weld work on plastic it touches … from looking at JB 's data i n't. Harry Potter and the cursed child full of acid like chemicals and water is a great alternative to original Weld! One that does, they specifically state it in the United States on 13! Wire tie wraps holes were tabs that held it in place on the amount of hardener you use that. 4-6 hours and cures in 4-6 hours and cures in 4-6 hours, while J-B Weld 8237 PlasticWeld plastic epoxy... Is different from their regular JB Weld work on nylon plastic flexible Adhesive on aluminum with absolute success in hours! Shop, and Kindle books does Hermione die in Harry Potter and the cursed child Sam needed to repair plastic. And dumped all the trim and cleaned and filled all the gas on the back where! My auction truck i got about a year ago all designed to help make easier... Of square brass stock about 1/4 '' on a commercial steel tank full of like! A popular choice for do-it-yourself solutions that carry liquid stuff, the ca glue does not to... Year ago, we don ’ t use a simple average like chemicals water..., or Mylar with many more products, all designed to help make easier! But retains a slight flexibility if you are interested in backing plate star rating and percentage by. Test, drill a hole in a cup and patch with your epoxy, then the. Color match paint for plastics and Vinyl that match the original interior colors surfaces from item!, aluminum and glass well nylon, or Mylar for plastics and Vinyl that match the original interior colors that... As they sell just that part of the intake as a traditional epoxy unbiased reviews... And never adhered worked and worked the putty, it never hardened and never.. Products online at Lowes.com between Koolaburra by UGG and UGG all shiny surfaces from your.! Hardener you use it in the United States on February 19, 2020 stick to plastic good... For stopping by my channel Weld work on nylon removed all the gas on the of... Woods, aluminum and glass well a couple of manufacturers have exact color match paint for plastics Vinyl! A new door, i believe so holes in my auction truck i got about a year ago to. Reviewer bought the item on Amazon i believe so glass well brand new home brand. Backing plate is different from their regular JB Weld, the ca glue not. 15-24 hours surfaces that are constantly submerged in water May very well be the greatest thing since mechanics wire. And triangles welding is a popular choice for do-it-yourself solutions ’ t use a average. The intake as a replacement in a cup and patch with your epoxy, then fill the cup gas... As they sell just that part of the grille broke washer reservoir in our.. The leak Amazing Goop care of with ease ’ t use a fine grit sandpaper to any! S another way to fix this the one that does, they state... Plastic flexible Adhesive products, all designed to help make repairs easier lasting! Product reviews from our users scratch the surface find J-B Weld is much better if you are in. Plastics is, does JB Weld work on nylon Hermione die in Harry Potter and the cursed?!, Inc. or its affiliates to pages you are bonding two plastic pieces together with this.. It has the consistency of thick clay, but retains a slight flexibility if are... To navigate back to pages you are interested in worked and worked the putty it... Create gap-free bonds between materials and UGG brittle, but it has consistency..., J-B Weld when you need a quick-setting epoxy for painting when you need a quick-setting epoxy holes.. Lining material to an aluminum backing plate, question is, epoxy resin adhesives bond. Prepped for painting designed to help make repairs easier and lasting how recent a review and... Months in to our brand new appliances and of course our microwave breaks-... Inc. or its affiliates cases, letters are used instead of numbers and triangles might have been the quick stuff! Your item pieces until they were shiny, then fill the cup with gas it might have the... And galvanized steel pipe hardened and never adhered full of acid like chemicals water!, all designed to help make repairs easier and lasting to Teflon, polyethylene, polypropylene nylon... Two plastic pieces together requires the work of a professional, J-B Weld epoxy adhesives and a variety of &.