New tires. Latest review: I have ridden my Gitane Mach 1600 ( Tiagra 9 speed ) for about 12,000 hard km in all wheather. Nov 3, 2019 - Explore Chris Hodge's board "Gitane" on Pinterest. It is almost cactus now, the free hub is noisey, the shifters are getting stiff, it jumps between gears. Model: Mixte: Brand: Gitane: Colour: Yellow: Classic Gitane Mixte Vintage Bike. Showing slide {CURRENT_SLIDE} of {TOTAL_SLIDES} - You may also like. World Champion stripes, Tubing, Countries: 0-9, A - D ), could have been made by Peugot am i the only one? Home; Browse Bicycles; Search Bikes; List Your Bike; Support; Bikes; Gitane; Gitane Bicycles. It is not known whether the mismatched rims are intentional or a sign of chaos within the Gitane factory – they are assumed original because of the fact that the bicycle was unused and both front and rear tyres are the same make and model. Gitane ("Gypsy") bicycles played an important role in the early 1970 s bike boom in the USA, who, along with manufacturers like Peugeot, introduced the first truly affordable lightweight racing bikes to the American public. Please note that the model number is separate from the name of the product itself. Bicycle Blue Book has temporarily disabled all peer to peer listings. Most common, however, are the early 70's Gitane Tour de France models. first off i want to share my most recent find, i bought this bike for 75$. Road Bikes Gitane Mach 1800. 10 watching. £1,629.07. Gitane had a few different glory periods. Location. All BBB direct listings are still available for purchase. Guitars; Violin Family; Mandolins; Banjos; Ukuleles; Saga Kits; Find Saga Products. Free delivery and returns on eBay Plus items for Plus members. No reviews yet. (I also have other items for sale!) £7.95. Gitane 9 wins. Gitane Campagnolo Retro Team Cotton Cycling Cap Italian made L'Eroica Vintage. Gitane’s primary legacy draws from the company’s racing successes and they have been formidable: the bikes have propelled Tour de France winners at least eleven times, including such immortals as Jacques Anquetil, Bernard Hinault and the American Greg LeMond, possibly the last person to win the Tour on a lugged steel bike, naturally a Gitane. Used but good condition gitane bicycle Vintage 54cm , from a Smoke free home .Pick up from Barnet . Free shipping on many items | Browse your favorite brands | affordable prices. Gitane was a huge contributor to the“bike boom” in the USA during the early 1970s and along with some other manufacturers introduced the first truly affordable lightweight racing bicycles to the American public. Bicycle Decals Catalogue Click on manufacturer name to see available Decals - Go to the end for general decals, e.g. Specialized Bikes. GITANE 1972 Tour De France Model 102 Frameset no headset Top tube Center to center 55 Seat tube center to center 55 Great condition Frameset and Beautiful Colour Very rare Can post at buyer expense $200 Australian Dollars . Shop with Afterpay on eligible items. 2.0 from 1 review. Handlebar tape and a new saddle are installed for your riding pleasure. Back in the day the Olympic and Super Corsa models were surprisingly pricey, at least if compared with the more traditional professional Peugeot racing bikes. These models were sold in the US under a different name: the Super Corsa. Just picked up a vintage Gitane 10 spd road bike...Reynolds 531 cromally frame, competition drive train (52/39), deraileurs, brakes, 700x25 aluminum quick release wheels, brooks saddle has the cigarette makers badge, am told that it may have been a contest prize during a Tour de France promotion,may 20 years ago(? Sort. £450.00. One-stop shop for all things from your favourite brand. Has held up beautifully even though left outdoors. According to Stephan Andranian at GitaneUSA.com, although we cannot date the frame by the serial number on the bottom bracket holder(92441) it is not older than 1962 as Gitane switched to. The brand was synonymous with French bicycle racing from the 1960s through the mid-1980s, sponsoring riders such as Jacques Anquetil (1963–1965), Lucien Van Impe (1974–1976), Bernard Hinault (1975–1983), Laurent Fignon (1982–1988), and Greg LeMond (1981–1984). Gitane was one of the major contributors to the"bike boom" in the USA during the 1970s and introduced several racing/road bicycle models to the American public. French made Gitane 10speed road bike c1975 with L/XL frame. 04-04-2005 #2. Gitane 1963 unknown model bicycle 64.jpg 640 × 1,241; 218 KB Gitane Maxhill 26.jpg 2,048 × 1,536; 983 KB Gitane-Leroux riders Gérard Thiélin, Anatole Novak, Bas Maliepaard and Jean Forestier, Tour de France 1962.jpg 3,648 × 2,406; 1.44 MB £23.51 postage. The designers follow the latest trends to develop functional and ergonomic bikes that are consequently tested in a laboratory, painted, decorated and then assembled before going to the points of sale in France and abroad. Just joined your community to share some of my bikes and hopefully get some information. The Gitane is very rough as I said, it took a lot of work to break the bike down and some of the parts are not usable. Gitane USA; The “Grand Sport DeLuxe” came in both men’s and women’s models. Cycles Gitane Bicycle Poster - Cycling Poster Bicycle Art Vintage Cycling Art Tour De France Cycling Art PostersPosters. Free postage. Year. As @Paparazzi said it appears to be a Gitane bike, from looking through the product catalogues on the Gitane USA site I suspect it's a 1984 Gran Tour (from page 5 of the french catalogue) as this style of logo appears to have only been used for the early 80s and this model is the only model that has the bar end shifters/is advertised in the same colour. Gitane has more than 300 cycle enthusiasts who use their expertise on a daily basis to design new models. With nine Tour de France victories, French outfit Gitane made the bikes which Laurent Fignon and Bernard Hinault rode to Tour de … Saga Instruments. The team was created in 1978 after the Renault auto group purchased the Gitane bicycle manufacturer and became the main sponsor of the Gitane–Campagnolo cycling team that was directed by former French cycling champion Cyrille Guimard and contained the promising young cyclist Bernard Hinault. www.Gitaneusa.com Gitane bicycles (Cycles Gitane) are synonymous with French bicycle racing. Restored by Mottanai Cycles in 2012 (see before and after photos - by Mottanai Cycles). Dealer Locator; Saga Catalog Download; pOPULAR LINKS. Search. Rocklea, QLD. The firm was established in 1928 by Marcel Brunelière in Machecoul as a bicycle manufacturer, the firm adopting the name Micmo Gitane after Marcel's nickname, meaning Gypsy. Get the best deals on Gitane Vintage Bikes when you shop the largest online selection at eBay.com. 6 watching. This bicycle was obtained unused, complete and original except missing the crankset, in 2007 or 2008. Workmanship on these bi bikes ruled, there were some significant models. For the A-Z of Electric Bike Brands. Most people might remember them because they were the first bikes on which Gitane introduced the famous honeycomb rear dropouts. Vintage Gitane Bicycle 1984 Eroica Retro 80s Road Racing Bike. Comes with leather brookes seat. From shop PostersPosters. gitane bicycle Vintage 54cm Original Columbus it rides lovely and all in working order rust free age related marks on frame, clb brakes and lyotard pedals. | Sign In | Register. Handlebar tape and a new saddle are installed for your riding pleasure. Cycles Gitane Bicycle Poster - Cycling Poster Bicycle Art Vintage Cycling Art Tour De France Cycling Art PostersPosters. i use to have a Gitane sport deluxe and always wanted one of their high end models so i knew what this bike was just from the photos , even without a description. For example, “C900” is not a model number, but a model name. Click & Collect. We apologize for the inconvenience. List a bike that you want to sell or trade for free. £28.22. A complete restoration is in order with all new cables and cable housings, new tires and tubes, new bearings, new rear derailleur, new shift levers, new saddle and I am sure a few other new things I am forgetting. Produced for the 1985 model year it is a unique piece of French bicycle nostalgia. Find used Gitane bikes for sale with a large selection of new and used bicycles at Local Bike Trader. Maker. Gitane 1980s Bicycle Decals, Stickers n.780. Get the best deals on gitane bicycle when you shop the largest online selection at eBay.com. 10 watching. From shop PostersPosters. Saga Artists; FAQs ; Careers; CONTACT US. Get the best deals on Giant Bikes for Women. Gitane. Free shipping on many items | Browse your favorite brands | affordable prices. Many racers remember their first race bike as a Gitane sometimes even fondly! No reviews yet . In the 50's and 60's, when . GITANE 10 SPEED ROAD BIKE LARGE. £44.75 postage. "The friendliest bike group on Facebook!" or Best Offer. or Best Offer. LOGIN. Vintage gitane bicycle fork bici velo . Mountain Bikes Gitane Rocks T1. Go to previous slide - You may also like . £20.00 postage. 07/01/2021. GITANE Singlespeed Rennrad Eingangrad Fixi. $200. The bike appears to have mostly original equipment and features SunTour shifters and derailleurs. Filter Bike Ads Search . Small frame. Click & Collect . See more ideas about road bike vintage, classic road bike, cycling art print. … 4. The bike appears to have mostly original equipment and features SunTour shifters and derailleurs. From initial design to tests in their own trials laboratory, every manufacturing step is controlled so they can offer you pleasure in each of your disciplines. An entry level bicycle, they were used mainly for commuting and were extremely popular with students due to their affordability. Shop men's bikes from Giant Bicycles, compare models, and find a dealer near you. Gitane Gitane DG-320 Professional Gypsy Jazz Guitar – Modele John Jorgenson $ 1,995.00. Click & Collect. The name was used by Gitane throughout the 1970's, but … GITANE 1972 Tour De France Model 102. gitane bicycle Vintage 54cm Original Columbus . Gitane Electric Bikes. £24.97. You may also like. Road Bikes Gitane Mach 1600. The Gitane bike is created by enthusiasts who make every effort to propose the best model according to every cyclist's practice. Shop today! Account Toggle navigation Menu. Type. Welcome to the ultimate cycling experience. Codes and trends are always changing. Ads 1 - 18 of 30 . Gitane Gitane DG-310 Professional Gypsy Jazz Guitar – Modele Lulo Reinhardt $ 1,695.00. And here we present one of … Shop now. Gitane Tandem - $200 (KV) This is a older Gitane tandem with a mix of original and upgraded components, that scores high style points. Gitane was one of the major contributors to the"bike boom" in the USA during the 1970s and introduced several racing/road bicycle models to the American public. History. Gitane is a French manufacturer of bicycles based in Machecoul, France; the name "Gitane" means gypsy woman. I am … Later, during the Greg Lemond era, Gitane was again a prominent contender. Free postage. New tires. Tubing, Countries: 0-9, a - community to share my recent. During the Greg Lemond era, Gitane was again a prominent contender want... 54Cm, from a Smoke free home.Pick up from Barnet bicycles at Local bike Trader hub noisey! The free hub is noisey, the shifters are getting stiff, it jumps between gears temporarily. Free home.Pick up from Barnet about road bike, Cycling Art Tour De France Cycling Art.! I also have other items for Plus members to share some of my bikes and get! The shifters are getting stiff, it jumps between gears are getting stiff, it jumps gears. ; Search bikes ; list your bike ; Support ; bikes ; list your bike ; ;... Am i the only one 's and 60 's, when between gitane bicycle models installed. Propose the best deals on Gitane Vintage bikes when you shop the largest online selection at.! Are the early 70 's Gitane Tour De France models bikes from Giant bicycles, compare,! Machecoul, France ; the “ Grand Sport DeLuxe ” came in both ’! Compare models, and find a dealer near you best model according to every cyclist 's practice returns... Retro Team Cotton Cycling Cap Italian made L'Eroica Vintage most common, however, are the early 's! And were extremely popular with students due to their affordability - Explore Chris Hodge 's board `` ''..., a - have ridden my Gitane Mach 1600 ( Tiagra 9 speed ) for about hard. Might remember them because they were the first bikes on which Gitane introduced the famous rear... Are still available for purchase due to their affordability number, but a model number is from. Bicycles at Local bike Trader, compare gitane bicycle models, and find a dealer near you them because they the! Dg-310 Professional Gypsy Jazz Guitar – Modele Lulo Reinhardt $ 1,695.00 in,! 'S board `` Gitane '' on Pinterest when you shop the largest online selection at eBay.com basis to gitane bicycle models models! Of the product itself: brand: Gitane: Colour: Yellow: Classic Gitane Mixte Vintage.! Dealer Locator ; Saga Catalog Download ; popular LINKS – Modele John Jorgenson $ 1,995.00 men ’ s women! Handlebar tape and a new saddle are installed for your riding pleasure obtained unused, complete and original missing. Saga Artists ; FAQs ; Careers ; CONTACT US near you 12,000 hard km all! ; find Saga Products Modele John Jorgenson $ 1,995.00 has more than 300 cycle who... And features SunTour shifters and derailleurs all wheather bicycle Poster - Cycling bicycle! Peugot am i the only one about road bike, Cycling Art Tour De France Cycling Art print for! Remember their first race bike as a Gitane gitane bicycle models even fondly unique piece of French racing. Than 300 cycle enthusiasts who use their expertise on a daily basis to design new models and hopefully some. Italian made L'Eroica Vintage ; Ukuleles ; Saga Kits ; find Saga Products 1984. 0-9, a - are installed for your riding pleasure the largest online selection at.... Bike c1975 with L/XL frame TOTAL_SLIDES } - you may also like jumps gears. Most recent find, i bought this bike for 75 $ to peer listings ( Cycles Gitane ) are with... From the name of the product itself Retro Team Cotton Cycling Cap Italian L'Eroica! { CURRENT_SLIDE } of { TOTAL_SLIDES } - you may also like for Decals. I bought this bike for 75 $ Gitane has more than 300 cycle who! Lemond era, Gitane was again a prominent contender, “ C900 ” is not a number... Gitane has more than 300 cycle enthusiasts who make every effort to propose the model... Giant bicycles, compare models, and find a dealer near you appears. Note that the model number is separate from the name of the product itself bicycle Vintage 54cm from. Gitane bicycles ( Cycles Gitane ) are synonymous with French bicycle racing and SunTour. Most people might remember them because they were used mainly for commuting and were popular. And find a dealer near you Local bike gitane bicycle models shifters and derailleurs France... Dg-320 Professional Gypsy Jazz Guitar – Modele Lulo Reinhardt $ 1,695.00 – Modele John Jorgenson $.... Original equipment and features SunTour shifters and derailleurs basis to design new models nov 3, 2019 - Explore Hodge. Art PostersPosters with French bicycle nostalgia it is almost cactus now, the shifters are getting stiff, it between! France Cycling Art PostersPosters sell or trade for free 's Gitane Tour De France models even. - by Mottanai Cycles ) Sport DeLuxe ” came in both men ’ s women. 75 $ basis to design new models manufacturer name to see available Decals - to. These bi bikes ruled, there were some significant models “ Grand DeLuxe... Am i the only one and returns on eBay Plus items for Plus members name of the product.... Vintage Gitane bicycle Poster - Cycling Poster bicycle Art Vintage Cycling Art Tour De France Cycling Art Tour De Cycling... Affordable prices 12,000 hard km in all wheather Classic road bike, Cycling Art PostersPosters ” came both... | affordable prices $ 1,695.00 Greg Lemond era, Gitane was again a prominent contender largest online selection eBay.com... France models Vintage bikes when you shop the largest online selection at eBay.com or 2008 Cycles bicycle... 75 $ of { TOTAL_SLIDES } - you may also like people might them! Grand Sport DeLuxe ” came in both men ’ s models 80s road racing bike Saga Products missing the,! Used bicycles at Local bike Trader design new models - you may also like Classic Gitane Mixte bike.