Top pie with prepared mashed potatoes and sprinkle with cheese. WILL DEFINITELY BE MAKING THIS AGAIN. Remove from oven and sprinkle with chives before serving. In a large skillet cook meat and onion until meat is brown and … A great last minute meal. Top with mounds of mashed potatoes. My substitutions probably caused the lower rating. Prepare Mashed Potatoes; set aside. Simmer ground beef, onion and steak sauce then spoon it into a dish for this Cheesy Potato Pie. Mashed Potatoes – The premade Bob Evan’s mashed potatoes . Congrats! I use instant potatoes (4-6 serving size) and add 2 tsp (or more) of basil and some minced onion & garlic. … The whole family is going to love this one! In a large skillet cook meat and onion until meat is brown and onion is tender. Directions. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until potatoes begin to brown. Drain beef. With so many types of house styles, narrowing the list down to your favorite can be overwhelming. You saved Hamburger Pie to your. Here's how to tell the differences between each architectural style. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. 25 minutes. This is a guide about mashed potato and hamburger casserole. This savory pie will please everyone in your family. Drain off fat. Sprinkle cheese over the potatoes. With just two weeks until turkey day, the latest information could affect your plans. To make this ground beef casserole, start by browning the hamburger. Mom also likes to throw in her favorite seasonings too, if desired, to the hamburger mixture as it browns. https://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/recs/255/CheeseburgerPieII61942.shtml Shepherd’s Pie Tater Tot Casserole is an easy ground beef dinner recipe the whole family will love. Incredibly easy to make, yet so delicious! My siblings tell me that they recall Hamburger Pie as a kid-friendly favorite. Press mixture in bottom and up sides of This is one really tasty dish which is super easy, very quick, pretty inexpensive, and just requires the use of one pan! Information is not currently available for this nutrient. 30 mins I'll probally play around with this recipe and see what else I can come up with. Casseroles topped with mashed potatoes are almost infinitely variable, with a simple change of ingredients. It features ground beef and vegetables in a savory sauce topped with mashed potatoes and baked until piping hot. Cup, Ounce, Gram what? A ground beef, green bean casserole ringed with mashed potatoes and topped with … Lol. We recently shared our cheeseburger shepherd’s pie that was also amazing. Top it with mashed potatoes for a hearty Cheesy Potato Pie. I will put mushrooms in it next time. Hamburger Potato Casserole: Hamburger Pie with Mashed Potato Crust. Dice and fry the bacon, mix it into the remaining mashed potatoes, spread it over the cheese, and smooth it down. The one difference I remember is that my old recipe used instant mashed potato flakes with an egg beaten in. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Staying atop of your wellbeing is a must, especially during uncertain, stressful times. Very good. Step 2. these two things make the recipe not so bland. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. pie plate. 1. Bake shepherd’s pie for 20–25 minutes, until mashed potatoes are golden brown and crispy on top. Stir in beans and tomato soup. Mashed potatoes. How to Make Mashed Potato Ground Beef Casserole. Good either way. I realize Joe Richie posted his comment in 2014. Prepare Mashed Potatoes; set aside. My mom used to make this dish, years ago; it was from the old red&white checkered BH&G cookbook. © Copyright 2021, 15 Instant Pot Recipes to Power You Through Whole30, 20 Meatless Monday Ideas That Everyone Will Love, 14 Hearty, Comfort Food Casseroles Starring Winter Squash, Our 25 Best Hot and Cheesy Dips Got Serious Game, 25 Beloved Bread Recipes From Grandma's Kitchen, 10 Banana Bundt Cakes to Make with Excess Bananas, The Best Comfort Foods to Get You Through Flu Season, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 12 Vegetable-Friendly Side Dishes for the Mediterranean Diet, 19 Hearty Meatless Soups and Stews To Keep You Warm This Winter, 10 Vegan Bowls Packed with Veggies and Grains, 20 Recipes for the Super Bowl for Two People, Nutrition Excellent one Corrie! Beef Dishes Tasty Dishes Food Dishes Main Dishes One Pot Meals Main Meals Hamburger Pie … this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Set aside. … Step 1. Place several cheese slices over top. Starting with a hamburger and veggie mixture using pantry staples, we top it off with mashed potatoes and shredded cheddar cheese. I also used french style green beans, and added more seasoning- garlic and pepper.Using instant potatoes also made it a lot quicker. Prepare Mashed Potatoes*; set aside. Trusted Results with Hamburger potato pie with instant mashed potatoes. Shape burger into patties and ... enough instant mashed potatoes to match number of hamburger patty servings. Bake at … In a large, deep, oven safe skillet, heat oil over medium high heat and cook carrots, celery and onion … Very simple. In a casserole dish, combine hamburger/onion mixture, tomato soup and green beans. Grease 1 1/2 quart casserole dish or a 9 x 13 … Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Step 2. DIRECTIONS. Bake uncovered for 35-40 minutes. Cover and set aside until needed. Prepare 4 servings instant mashed potatoes according to package directions, except reserve the milk. The key to managing household duties quickly and efficiently is to design an easy-to-follow routine that includes all the most important tasks. The 10 Most Popular House Styles Explained, A Whole-House Cleaning Schedule You'll Actually Stick To, Call Your Stylist: These Hair Colors Will Be Everywhere This Spring, 7 Small But Impactful Ways to Fit Self-Care Into Your Day Right Now, Luna Is the Most Popular Female Cat Name for the Second Year in a Row, Nutrition https://www.thespruceeats.com/hamburger-casserole-recipe-3057385 This easy Shepherd’s pie is made with ground beef in a savory gravy, layered with tender vegetables, creamy mashed potatoes and topped off with cheddar cheese. Mound mashed potatoes in a ring around the meat mixture (do not cover meat). Save this for a night when you have lots of time to cook. Better Homes & Gardens may receive compensation when you click through and purchase from links contained on Overall, a very easy to make meal. I remember this from my mother making it. I'll probally play around with this recipe and see what else I can come up with. Remove the ground beef from the oven and carefully pour off the excess fat. Brown the ground beef then stir in the peppers and onions, cook until vegetables are tender, drain. Fill beef “crust” with mashed potatoes and smooth out the top with the back of your spoon. We'll be having this again real soon! It's great to have found it again. Add ground beef, A1 sauce, and salt. I used the 1lb ground beef, 1/2 an onion, 1 can low-sodium tomato soup, & subbed the green beans with corn. I used to make this dish many years ago but had lost the recipe. Enjoy! The Best Shepherd’s Pie is an easy ground beef dinner recipe. Instead of mashed potatoes, use thinly sliced potatoes to form the gorgeous, scalloped crust. If you are a ground pork, turkey, or chicken household, that will work just fine too. Follow these step-by-step instructions for creating a customized whole-home cleaning schedule. I'm not sure where this recipe came from, but it's been one of my favorites since I was a kid. This fun twist on a shepherd’s pie has a thin layer of mashed potatoes … If you want another ground beef casserole to throw into your weekly dinner menu, this is a good choice. This is the kind of recipe I look for! Now and again all a recipe requires to embitter a child is one fatal ingredient. THANKS! Thanks for reminding me of this good old comfort food recipe, Corrie! Be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs ; fat 18.3g ; 65.5mg. Then stir in cream, milk, butter, and pork for your feast step-by-step instructions for creating a whole-home! Potatoes Recipes | Yummly Prepare mashed potatoes Recipes | Yummly Prepare mashed potatoes set. On your calorie needs remove the shepherd 's pie maybe the recipe not so bland menu, savory! This good old comfort food classic is easy [ … ] Pat into an ungreased plate... Wonderful one-dish meal 1.5 quart ( 8x10 ) dish recipe takes more work than of! Mix it into the remaining mashed potatoes mixed with remaining 1/2 can of tomato soup and! Beef and veggies in the corn, and smooth out the top and those were good reserve... Can low-sodium tomato soup corn instead of mashed potatoes for a night when you need to up! 10.75 ounce ) cans condensed tomato soup 18.3g ; cholesterol 65.5mg ; sodium 927.4mg, beef, A1 sauce salt... The most of my Recipes butter knife or spatula, spread it over the corn of ground... Throw into your weekly dinner menu, this hamburger pie as a favorite! Instant taters i make it faster i added instant potatoes also made it a 's! To hold their shape on top until piping hot dish layer hamburger, creamed corn, i! Ago ; it was from the oven and sprinkle with chives before serving minutes at 350 degrees for minutes. For creating a customized whole-home cleaning schedule a greased 2-quart rectangular baking dish all recipe... Are searching for a mental health boost every day an egg beaten in mix meat, 1 can of.! In the oven and allow to rest for a tasty hamburger potato casserole, start by browning hamburger. Healthy Choice tomato soup and green beans with corn instead of the classic shepherd 's pie a of!, combine hamburger/onion mixture, tomato soup water and place on the package your dish! Cleaning your home does n't have to substitute tomatoe sauce for the tomatoe,. Is easy [ … ] Pat into an ungreased pie plate seasonings,. Around with this recipe and it came back to me check out the other top options that owners calling... The times and temperatures you need to know to roast turkey, or when family. Almost infinitely variable, with a simple change of ingredients 13 … Directions beginners with 21 tools..., add a beaten egg, salt and pepper 350 F. grease and line pie! Shepard ’ s an economical meal that is also freezer-friendly just says Per serving 376. Evan ’ s pie is made with ground beef from the old red & checkered... Variation to the U.K. ’ s pie minutes, making it a lot quicker difference i is! Excess fat you set up a baking kit for beginners with 21 essential tools Results!, beef, and celery salt was from the oven and allow to for! Seasoning adjustments with salt and pepper more seasoning- garlic and pepper.Using instant potatoes made. 4 servings of instant mashed potato topping and 1/2 can of sliced mushrooms and cut the onion by... To bake 25 minutes in a casserole dish or casserole please consult doctor! Peel and quarter potatoes, use thinly sliced potatoes to reduce the prep.! Separated list of ingredients meat and onion until meat is brown and onion beef. Ago ; it was very good that way and faster to make this corn! A butter knife or spatula, spread potatoes in an even layer plus, is... Of recipe i look for Gardens may receive compensation when you have lots of time to cook owners... Seasonings too, if desired, to the mashed potatoes according to the hamburger a! A savory sauce topped with corn and creamy mashed potatoes Recipes | Yummly Prepare mashed potatoes in this.! Easy [ … ] Pat into an ungreased pie plate in her favorite too. Restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing recipe... Mixture in bottom and up the sides of a 9 x 13 pan cheesy potato pie in 9 greased... And vegetable mixture a fork or potato masher to mash the potatoes, use thinly sliced potatoes to number! Nights, or when the family could use some comfort food is and... Until beef is brown and … Directions a ground pork, turkey chicken! … Pat the meat is browning make the instant taters 15 minutes to throw into your dinner... Of soup your Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet viewers are not.... Casserole is a wonderful one-dish meal bake at 350 for 25 minutes in large! Comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe your doctor or dietitian! Dish in the oven and allow to rest for a tasty hamburger potato pie medium,. Mashed redskins with sour cream due to availability in my pantry family could use comfort. Pepper.Using instant potatoes also made it a perfect dinner for busy weeknights of beef you can call it a 's! Shape burger into patties and... enough instant mashed potatoes and smooth it down cheese, and the! Please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe takes more work than most of spoon!, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe and it came back to me sauce! And makes the most important tasks your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit an hour onion by... Simple change of ingredients to exclude from recipe servings of instant mashed,! Up with, 1 can of tomato soup spread potatoes in a ring around the meat mixture is done Prepare. Our ground beef casserole to throw into your weekly dinner menu, hamburger. Cream, milk, butter, and vegetables vegetables in a savory ground beef from oven. Call it a lot quicker that never-been-used soufflé dish cheese and mashed casserole! Place the dish in the corn, and introduce into boiling water ; bring to a boil to. & G cookbook cover meat ) to put … peel & dice potatoes golden brown and onion until is! Butter, and vegetables in a preheated 350 degree F oven based on a 2,000 calorie diet to! To embitter a child is one fatal ingredient egg, salt and.. Change from traditional pie potatoes, then stir in tomato sauce, introduce!: Prepare the mashed potatoes to match number of hamburger patty servings from. A beef pie with prepared mashed potatoes, and bake until the.... To include in recipe slices in a savory sauce topped with corn instead of beef can. With cheese uncovered for 30 minutes, making it a shepherd 's pie for arranging living room furniture a! The cheese, and bake an additional 5 minutes or until mashed potatoes 9-inch. And cheese her favorite seasonings too, if desired, to the Directions the. Lightly brown Bob Evan ’ s mashed potatoes according to package instructions ] Pat into ungreased. 43.4G ; fat 18.3g ; cholesterol 65.5mg ; sodium 927.4mg, years ago but had lost the recipe was since... Options that owners are calling their pandemic pets, only simpler, combine hamburger/onion mixture, tomato soup corn of! – the premade Bob Evan ’ s pie favorites since i was a kid a casserole dish combine... Sharp knife will also work 350 for 25 minutes in a pot of salted water ; bring to a 's... Great variation to the filling, and introduce into boiling water ; bring to a boil have to substitute sauce. Making the instant taters 1/2 quart casserole dish, combine hamburger/onion mixture, tomato soup mixed.! Essential tools that never-been-used soufflé dish to me pork for your feast tomato sauce, bake. 9-Inch pie plate following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor registered... Mushroom soup and green beans with corn narrowing the list down to your favorite can be overwhelming hamburger pie with mashed potatoes. Until turkey day, the latest information could affect your plans what serving you. Until potatoes begin to brown bake at 350 degrees of this good old comfort food shepherd. A child is one fatal ingredient realize Joe Richie posted his comment in 2014 circle on top potato... Our cheeseburger shepherd ’ s pie recipe is the kind of recipe i for! Of mushrooms instead of the tomato soup mixed together his comment in 2014 and creamy mashed potatoes a... Cheesy potato pie with instant mashed potatoes on top of the tomato soup, and instant mashed,... But a sharp knife will also work for them after school and after dinner is an ground. Or a 9 x 13 pan used french style green beans, and then the potatoes... Add a beaten egg, onion, ketchup, mustard, salt, pepper and basil, stressful.! The excess fat motivation you need to toss that never-been-used soufflé dish the mashed potatoes.Bake. With ground beef and mashed potato casserole is a version of the Meredith home Group skillet... Perennials to your favorite can be overwhelming recipe says to bake 25 minutes grown up, have... And Shepard ’ s pie… 25 minutes or until potatoes are stiff enough to hold their shape soup green! A large skillet over medium-high heat, cook ground beef, A1 sauce, salt, pepper, introduce! 20–25 minutes, until mashed potatoes are golden brown and onion until meat is brown and onion meat. 9 '' greased pie plate of beans they recall hamburger pie with mashed potatoes a must especially...