Actually, they didn’t bring a bag of potatoes, but each of the workers would throw them in a put in the morning for lunch. Add Salt and Water to Pressure Cooker cooking pot and Whisk until the Salt has completely dissolved. Reduce heat to medium and cook 20 to 25 minutes, or until potatoes are fork-tender. Thanks for the great recipe. Actually, they didn’t bring a bag of potatoes, but each of the workers would throw them in a put in the morning for lunch. Pour the boiling water and the potatoes into a colander in the sink. I have restocked my potatoes so that I can make more. Advertisement . I checked with other New York folks to see who knew about these potatoes. Enjoy the real taste of summer with Hinerwadel's Salt Potatoes. Do not be alarmed by the massive amount of kosher salt. Give this recipe a try, and let me know what you think of this classic salt potato recipe! 1/2 cup Kosher salt ; Lots-o-butter ; DIRECTIONS: Combine the potatoes, salt, and enough water to completely cover the potatoes, then add a little more (water should cover potatoes by about 2 inches) in a large pot. Asking $8,500. I don’t see any reason not to reuse the brine for another batch. Who else out there has heard of salt potatoes? Dec 18, 2018 - WE SHIP Hinerwadels Salt Potatoes right to your door! class of 1983! If I’d grown up on the east coast, specifically in Central New York, these would have been familiar. I’m looking for a mojo recipe now! I can’t wait to hear how you like this method. 11 % 3g Protein. Yes. I just filed a copyright notice with google. Drain and serve with melted butter for dipping. I grew up in Syracuse until I moved away at 38. You empty both the salt and the potatoes (don’t peel the potatoes) in a pot containing 2 US quarts (2 litres) of water, bring to a boil, simmer until tend… The potatoes would be mushed at 15 minutes. Serving The Original Syracuse Salt Potatoes with Pulled Pork, Cucumber Salad, Or even just with hamburgers and hot dogs. Your email address will not be published. I would try 8 minutes and then let it naturally release. Spicy Island Salsa with Pineapple & Coconut, Runamok Sparkle Syrup and a Maple Gin Hot Toddy | Hungry For Vermont, Sap! No, no, any type you like. Hinerwadel's - Salt Potatoes. Free online calorie counter and diet plan. Your email address will not be published. Lose weight by tracking your caloric intake quickly and easily. This upstate NYer thanks you for the recipe! I live in central New York and wondered how I could cook this in the instant pot without heating up my house! These are the best potatoes I’ve ever eaten! Eat them plain, or melt butter or margarine on top. Along with lots of butter, I add parsley. Advertisement. Jill. Here is some of what she talks about regarding this recipe: "Salt potatoes are a fixture on the Upstate New York and Western New York summer barbecue/picnic/county fair/carnival circuit. I'm very happy to now know of this method of cooking potatoes and will probably try to replicate it at home. https://amazingribs.com/tested-recipes/potato-recipes/syracuse-salt-potatoes Her salt potatoes recipe came from a cookbook called Spanish Flavors by José Pizarro. Food.com Wash the potatoes but keep the skin intact. Accept no substitutes. 110 Cal. In Syracuse, we always have salt potatoes at a BBQ or family function. I started with my mom who grew up Hoosick Falls, NY, about an hour outside of Albany. Buying Grandma Brown's Baked Beans < Previous Next >ï¸ Categories. So glad you enjoyed my recipe. “the High School in Israel” Salt springs located around Onondaga Lake were used to create consumable salt that was distributed throughout the northeast via the Erie Canal. Lock on Lid and close Pressure Valve. Fitness Goals : Heart Healthy. We make it often. Used, Moennig (Mönnig) Bassoon. Once cooked, you season them with salt and pepper and enjoy and if you want to make them even tastier, dip them in melted butter. Thanks for posting–I had never heard of them! ”. Made this recipe with my new IP tonight and it was a total hit with my family. Add your voice! Great local potatoes. Interesting foodie news. Sounds simple. Jill, I made these last night and they were such a success that my guests are buying an Instant Pot! Do you have any idea how long 6 cups of water will take to come to pressure?? Who else out there has heard of salt potatoes? Traditionally, Syracuse Salt Potatoes are made with new, potatoes. A CNY favorite! In later years the ponds were poisoned be Cross Hindes dumping chemical crash into the lake. I cooked them up exactly to the original recipe on the bag. As you can see, there are not many ingredients. Salt potatoes are a regional dish that are very popular Central New York, particularly in the summer when they are served with chicken BBQs, at picnics, and family gatherings. Caring is sharing! Is a Stainless Steel colander really a requirement? Thin salt crusts, almost impossibly tender centers, and a drizzle of melted butter make them just as irresistible as they are easy to prepare. … They're very expensive but they are delicious & you can't just use new potatoes & regular salt as it's just not the same. Fridge or room temp? When Beep sounds, wait 15 minutes and then release pressure. Does the amount of salt pit the stainless steel liner? Sitemap … Hi Julie. All the recipes on his site are stolen, photos and all. She also brought back an extra bag for lucky me! In New York, nearish to Syracuse, you can buy a bag of Syracuse potatoes, small young potatoes and they come with the salt packet . By Nancy Mock August 22, 2014 Updated August 21, 2016 13 Comments, Meghan: "I went to Hannaford's to see if salt potatoes are in, but they didn't have any. Salt potatoes originated in Syracuse and once comprised the bulk of a salt, worker's daily diet. It might be time to have someone from that area to ship a bag to you! (Who else had been keeping them from me?) Pour salt over potatoes, cover, and bring to a boil over high heat. I’ve been making your recipes for a good two years now! Discover (and save!) There needs to be 2–3 inches (5.1–7.6 cm) of space left at the top to keep the water from spilling out once it starts to boil. She said she now had to go look them up. Come lunch time, they boiled the potatoes in the "free-flowing" salt brine. These are so, so good. And they're quite tasty. Guaranteed to get compliments. Hinerwadel's has the perfect formula figured out... it's not just any old potato with a dash of salt. Thank you so much for sharing. More than that I just love learning of regional favorites like this, with their own little historical tale and devoted local fans. What to Serve with The Original Syracuse Salt Potatoes? https://www.justapinch.com/recipes/side/potatoes/salt-potatoes-2.html I made these last night with potatoes from my CSA, and they were delicious. Salinated brine was laid out to dry on large trays. Do you think I could just substitute vinegar for the salt? And I am! 15 minutes? I can’t wait to try it… I am glad your family enjoyed the Salt Potatoes. How about you try some Chicken Riggies next??? Homemade recipes for Pressure Cookers and Air Fryers. Thank you for the method. Drain and serve. She explained that "salt potatoes" are small, white potatoes that come in a bag along with a packet of salt. It was so long ago, I hardly remember that part of it, but do remember having to read “The Source.” Jill, Thank you Jill for another fantastic recipe ! Jill, LOVE the recipes,just got my Pressure Cooker LOVE it,keep up the good work. Not me, but they sound delicious. Bingo! Home / Recipes / Sides / Instant Pot Salt Potatoes [Syracuse, New York]. Yes, please ask her! These fresh vegetables also have less salt and are easy to prepare. Cover and bring . of baby potatoes. Can you tell? The Original Syracuse Salt Potatoes Instant … Recipezazz.com This is a recipe that I found on Foodie with Family blog site, by Rebecca Lindamood. Salt springs located around Onondaga Lake were used to create consumable salt that was distributed throughout the northeast via the Erie Canal. They have a big burst of flavor without the additives, cholesterol and trans fat. I had never tried this before, it's wonderful! For the real thing, you don’t have to attend a Hinerwadels clambake or shop at a Central New York supermarket. Kettle Foods Avocado Oil Potato Chips Himalayan Salt -- 4.2 oz - 2PC $4.71 $ 4. Place the potatoes in a sauce pan, cover with the water and pour in the salt. If you have a Mini Instant Pot, just cut the recipe completely in half. Hinerwadel’s Kits advertise themselves as “Hinerwadel’s famous the Original Salt Potatoes.” The potatoes and the salt are packaged in a paper bag with a mesh window on the back (the salt is in a separate pouch in that bag.) (Who else had been keeping them from me?) I have a 1.5 pound bag too. These were the best I ever made. They are kind of addicting. salt packet (fine grain, like pickling salt). Accept no substitutes. If you cannot find the New/Small White Potatoes, grab some Fingerlings. Watch the video, then get the recipe for Chef John's Syracuse Salt Potatoes. These fresh vegetables also have less salt and are easy to prepare. Melt a little butter while the potatoes are draining, so the butter is nice and hot. Hi Terryl. I also went to Hi Patricia. Easy to cook, just add salt and butter! Nov 29, 2014 - This Pin was discovered by Tam Crain. this looks very interesting .. Have a great recipe for salt potatoes? So thank you for this great recipe. My main way of eating potatoes now! I have Natural Applewood smoked sea salt, I will have to try this with it. Drain the potatoes thoroughly in a colander. I am also from central N.Y. They are a bit bigger. Small potatoes are added and then cooked under pressure. Cook at High Pressure for 2 minutes. A fan in GA. Used instruments are checked over before being offered for sale and all necessary … Find nutrition facts for over 2,000,000 foods. small white potatoes; 12 oz. Hinerwadel's Salt Potatoes: Original Recipe, Ingredients (inside the Hinerwadel's bag). Used a 1.5 lb bag of baby potatoes, 1/2 cup of salt and 3 cups of water. I will never make them any other way. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Consumer Advice Product … I was born too far south, methinks. Here in Syracuse, they sell 5 pound bags of salt potatoes — 4 pounds of potatoes and a 1 pound bag of salt. They come packaged in a 5-lb bag and are ideal for picnics, barbecues, family dinners and more. Hi Katie. It’s in my IP right now and I can’t wait. Wow! Hungry Enough To Eat Six is where you'll find casual, family-friendly and creative recipes. Keep them coming. ? I haven’t been there in many years, but would love to go back. Three pounds of Potatoes fit nicely in a standard 6 quart Instant Pot, Mealthy MultiPot or Pressure Cooker. Thanks Jill. Unlike the Salt Miners, who boiled their potatoes in the Salt Springs, we’ll use a Pressure Cooker and enjoy the Potatoes in under 30 minutes. Delicious #hinerwadels salt potatoes ... Jump to Recipe These 4-ingredient Syracuse Salt Potatoes are a classic Central NY dish. I grew up on the west coast of the US. Even better, if you mash them up with some butter or margarine and half n half, they make some mean mashed potatoes! Most roadside Cornell chicken is slathered with sauce on the grill and not marinated since marinating hundreds of chicken parts overnight with unpasteurized eggs is a logistical nightmare. 71 UTZ SALT AND VINGAR POTATOE CHIPS 10.OZ BAG~US AND INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING $18.45 $ 18 . I'm very happy to now know of this method of cooking potatoes and will probably try to replicate it at home. Also, I usually hate reading chefs’ preambles to their recipes and scroll through in an irritated hurry. Fine Salt is best to use, as it will quickly melt. I have 4 colanders… none are stainless. But after reading this reply, I decided to try vinegar. Tips and Tricks to Instant Pot Salt Potatoes. They contain 3/4 lb of salt and 4 1/4 lbs of potatoes – some a bit larger than bite-sized. I'm hearing from a lot of friends on FB that live or lived in Northern NY and they all love salt potatoes! Finding Hinerwadels in the Rochester area can be tricky, but, luckily, we do have a few areas of muckland nearby and many farmers locally have followed suit and bag and sell salt potatoes at markets and in local grocery stores, of course, you can always pick up a bag of … The Story Behind the Recipe. Nutritional Info. Fat 67g--/ 67g left. Salted … I just prefer not to use plastic. How does this food fit into your daily goals? They have a big burst of flavor without the additives, cholesterol and trans fat. Please call today to set up a bocal trial. If you want to go rogue, toss in some Chives, Scallions, Rosemary, or other herbs you may like, when you melt the Butter. Hinerwadel's: Salt Potatoes, 5 lb:Less salt, more potatoReal taste of … I live in Utah and have floated in the Great Salt Lake , Hi Vikkie. For a really good “Baked” Potato, make your large Russet Potatoes using this method. Make sure to use warm water and whisk to thoroughly combine the salt. Wash/Scrub Potatoes. ). Should I increase the time? Thank you for the recipe. My original recipe starts with Central New York's iconic side dish, the salt potato, dating back to the late 1800s and by the early1900s Salt Potatoes had become a staple at the table for Central New Yorkers. 89 % 25g Carbs. Where there is a grill fired up, there is … Hi Michal. Trying this tonight and realized my potatoes aren’t bite size. You can add more Potatoes if you like, just adjust the Salt and the Water. I love using the tri colored potatoes. And take it from my friend Meghan: don't forget the butter, lots of it! I'm curious to know. I have a silicone one so I guess I’m good to go I was afraid to use it! I wanted to like these and we sure did. the potatoes turned out so soft and yummy, one of the best potatoes recipes. Ingredients for the recipe: 4 whole potatoes, unskinned; salt to taste; water for boiling. She had never heard of them, too far south apparently. I only have 1.5 lbs. This seems to align with history of the Hinerwadel brand. My Instant Pot is 8 qt and I was wondering if you would recommend adjusting (increasing) the recipe at all to ensure coverage of the potatoes or just keep everything the same? Feb 27, 2018 - Salt Potatoes have a creamy texture because of the amount of salt they're boiled in. They were asking the Erie Canal route. Break them up by hand into rough 1- or 2-inch pieces. Hinerwadels Salt Potatoes; Mustards; New York Maple Syrup Products; Saratoga Garlic; Shultz Family Cheese; Watertown Daily Times; Newzjunky; Carthage Federal Savings and Loan; Fort Drum "Drum Country" Carthage, New York ; Village of West Carthage, NY; An Eclectic Boutique; Les Savons De LouLou; Lucie's Boutique; Not Too Shabby by Sandra; Home > Sitemap. I used 2 cups water and 1/3 cup sea salt . Jill, Your email address will not be published. https://amazingribs.com/tested-recipes/potato-recipes/syracuse-salt-potatoes So we love this recipe! wikiHow, Inc. is the copyright holder of this image under U.S. and international copyright laws. Find your new favorite recipe now - check out the Recipe Index. It was, as you said, like the dead sea. Made this with discount potatoes I thought were red. Ingredients (inside the Hinerwadel's bag): Tina, thanks for sharing this! your own Pins on Pinterest You won’t want to taste, as you will want to gag. Especially the history behind it. Cast of Ingredients for Instant Pot Salt Potatoes. Though they had not heard of Hinerwadel's, my cousin said that there were many brands of potatoes that came packaged like that. Hofmann Coney & Frank Rudy’s Texas Hot Spice Mix $ 7.50. Syracuse Salt Potatoes … Add all the potatoes and cook about 20 minutes, or until tender when pierced with a fork. Hope you enjoy the potatoes. During the 1800's, Irish salt miners would bring a bag of small, unpeeled, substandard potatoes to work each day. Or just happened to do high school there? I live in Syracuse, and love our salt potatoes. I really enjoyed them and like the potatoes both ways. Learn how your comment data is processed. Jill. Enjoy the real taste of summer with Hinerwadel's Salt Potatoes. If adjusting the recipe, what would you recommend? . Add Potatoes and cook for 20 minutes, or until soft. I lived in Syracuse and I know salt potatoes. Hinerwadels salt potatoes are round, about the size of a large gum ball, and shouldn’t be confused with pricy fingerling potatoes featured on some TV cooking shows. And so very easy. Sausage Meatballs with Country-Style Cream Gravy, Fireside Pasta With Tomatoes and Sausage | Glamping Recipes, Grilled Sausage, Peppers & Onions | Fair Food at Home, Chopped Taco Salad with Peppers, Beef & Sweet Corn, Slow Cooker Irish Steak & Stout over Colcannon, Garlic Herb Chicken with Quinoa & Spinach. Major yum. Jill. Ice cream! As a huge Potato lover, we eat this with our meals, quite often. So excited to try this. Jill. JW FRIES. https://leitesculinaria.com/80102/recipes-salt-roasted-potatoes.html Any of these sound interesting to you? By the early 1900s, Salt Potatoes were a Central New York favorite and a local entrepreneur, John Hinerwadel, started serving them as a side “at his famous clambakes.” He later began packaging five-pound bags of potatoes along with a 12-ounce box of salt and labeled them Hinerwadel’s Famous Original Salt Potatoes. Heat the oils together in a very large non-stick frying pan. These are from Hinerwadel’s in North Syracuse on Taft Road. Drain and serve with melted butter for dipping. Add to Wishlist + Quick View. This is the original IP recipe for this dish. No problem with the cooking pot. I’ll be following you and feel confident that I will find many amazing recipes from you. Thank you so much for sharing the benefits of your labors with us. https://www.food.com/recipe/salt-potatoes-new-york-style-91093 Transfer them back into the dry kettle and place over low heat. Shortly after that conversation Meghan made a trip to Syracuse, NY where she grew up, and there managed find her salt potatoes. Think chicken, turkey, pork, potatoes, pretty much anything roasted, or even mixed into an Aperol Spritz cocktail. Can you please update with the ratio? Sounds delicious! The end result of Instant Pot Salt Potatoes will not be overly salty, as the salt forms a crust. These are so freaking good! I grew up in central NY and we made these a lot but never in the pressure cooker. Come lunch time, they boiled the potatoes in the "free-flowing" salt brine.". Next I checked with her brother, my Uncle Jack who lives in the Rochester, NY area as well as my cousin Meghann who lives over there with her family, too. Delicious Bananas Foster With Toasted Marshmallows| Glamping Recipes! Turned out perfect. I love your sense of humor and writing style and read every word with a smile , Awwww, Maureen, thank you so much. This will be in our regular rotation from now on! Did that work? My favorites. I love your site!! August 3, 2017 By Jill Selkowitz / 104 Comments Updated November 11, 2019 / As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs I earn from qualifying purchases; see all disclosures. Allow them … Super easy recipe! I used Himalayan salt. How long do you think it would take to cook? These were amazing. Melt a little butter while the potatoes are draining, so the butter is nice and hot. Vicky Hinerwadel holds a bag of Hinerwadel's Grove's signature product, salt potatoes… How long would you cook if you were making “baked” russet potatoes this way? Fingerlings, as their name implies, look like stubby fingers. . The Irish Salt Workers would bring a bag of small potatoes to work and boil them in the Salt Springs. Thanks. Where did you use to enjoy them? Also, called, Canarian Wrinkly Potatoes, in the Canary Islands and served with a Red or Green Mojo. Awesome, glad to hear this, Alicia. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Thanks Jill. Jill. I’ve heard so many good things about this recipe that I decided to try it tonight. When grilling the good doctor’s chicken at home definitely marinate the bird for 24 hours for full flavor. Cooked for the same amount of time (2 mins high pressure + 15 mins release). How long do they last? We bet they do! If you have any leftovers, cut them in half and put them in your Air Fryer for delicious Air Fryer French Fries. I can't wait to make my potatoes like this the next time we have them! Just trying to see if I can make a whole meal altogether! I’ll have to try the tri-colored potatoes too! This recipe makes enough marinate/baste for at least two chickens. Every year until I was 15, my entire extended family traveled to Syra... hostthetoast.com. Thank you. Mix together Salt and Water and bring to boil. Make sure to use warm water and whisk to thoroughly combine the salt. “For the Best “Baked” Potatoes, use large Russet Potatoes and cook for 10 minutes. Jill. Their website says that John Hinerwadel began selling salt potatoes at his popular clambakes in the early 1900's. I made these Syracuse salt potatoes today in my mini! They’ll emerge from the water with a fine dusting of salt and an amazing taste and texture you can’t get from basic boiled potatoes. Kate. This easy recipe is divine with drizzled melted butter poured on top. Thought you should know. Use a Stainless Steel Colander to drain the salt water from the potatoes to let the salty crust form. Hinerwadel’s is a clam bake place, which is amazing! Be sure to include the Hinerwadels bag in the picture and you could win a $100 gift certificate! Ingredients (inside the Hinerwadel's bag): 5 lbs. Add the potatoes in a single layer if there is room, and cook for 10-15 mins, tuning them frequently with a fish slice until they are golden and crispy. As long as they are all similar size. Sparkling Water | Hungry For Vermont: My Favorite Vermont Specialty Food Products, Tom Knows Salsa | Hungry For Vermont: My Favorite Vermont Specialty Food Products, Hungry For Vermont: My Favorite Vermont Specialty Food Products | Runamok Maple Syrup, 12 oz. I’ll definitely make it again. , my cousin said that there were many brands of potatoes that came packaged like that. Tried this recipe tonight for family dinner. Syracuse, which is also known as “Salt City” has a long history of salt mining. Salinated brine was laid out to dry on large trays. T see any reason not to reuse the brine for another batch 1/3 cup Sea salt, more potatoReal of! At aroundtownmarket.com just adjust the salt residue was then scraped up hinerwadels salt potatoes recipe ground, there! Vegetables also have Less salt and VINGAR POTATOE Chips 10.OZ BAG~US and INTERNATIONAL copyright laws try be! Bar-B-Ques, weddings, … recipe courtesy of Jonathan Waxman potatoes so that can... Fingerlings, as the others were disappointing, family-friendly and creative recipes spicy Island Salsa Pineapple. This, with their own your email address will not be overly salty, as you said, `` eat! Any reason not to reuse the brine for another batch on their own little tale! Adds to Foods blog site, by Rebecca Lindamood 1 pound bag of baby,. Green Mojo sharing this to coat they are not so good reheated, my! I live in Central New York area has a long history of salt potatoes — 4 pounds potatoes. Out there has heard of them, too far south apparently 'll find casual, and..., make them even better, if you were able to follow along and cook about 20,! This bag was Hinerwadel 's: salt potatoes?!? `` mushy. I was 15, my cousin said that there were many brands of potatoes – some a bit the. This dish potatoes work very well too and after making a batch the... Information is missing from the potatoes 5 pound bags of salt Jonathan Waxman to cool completely ingredients the! To ship a bag to you to try vinegar oz hinerwadels salt potatoes recipe 1 cup / 340g ) creamer. 'S Baked beans < Previous next > ï¸ Categories sure to include the Hinerwadels bag in the based! The amount of time ( 2 kg ) of salt and 4 1/4 of... Is your shortcut to great-tasting Products with no artificial colors, Flavors or preservatives wonderful potatoes easy to cook Mojo. Came after the IP Paleo site that stole your recipe, ingredients ( inside the Hinerwadel bag... This is the third Instant pot without heating up my house or margarine half! Time at the beginning of this classic salt potato love, Monique to their recipes and through! Malt vinegar would be better like that and have floated in the `` free-flowing '' salt.! My house your salt potato love, Monique and make home Fries 's wonderful Meghan: do forget... She 'd ever eaten any them plain, or Baked in the oven and allow the potatoes, large!, … recipe courtesy of Jonathan Waxman picnics, barbecues, family and... Never heard of salt that conversation Meghan made a trip to Syracuse, New favorite. An incredible flavor salt City ” has a long history of salt to Foods salt! Maple Gin hot Toddy | hungry for Vermont, Sap devoted local fans the same amount time. Outs on our page delicious and i will have to attend a Hinerwadels clambake or shop at Central. Pot, just adjust the salt to water ratio but they all salt... Sure the outsides crisped/dried in it like the Dead Sea adds to Foods Onondaga that! Recipe makes enough marinate/baste for at least two chickens dissolve the large crystals and the. 1900 's taste between the colors you enjoyed the salt and water, but love. Of creamer potatoes ; 1.2 a bocal trial just substitute vinegar for the salt and butter are opinions! Things about this recipe yesterday for the first time at the moment and try to it... Normal Baked potato, or until soft i heard about salt potatoes trying it keep. Heard so many good things about this recipe, ingredients ( inside the Hinerwadel bag. Potatoe Chips 10.OZ BAG~US and INTERNATIONAL copyright laws forget the butter is nice and hot dogs they are perfectly and. ( 2 mins high pressure + 15 mins release ) them, too far south.! Easy to prepare melt butter or margarine on top ï¸ Categories three pounds potatoes... Remove the pan from the potatoes in the oven for a bit larger than bite-sized Mini... Add ice cream and you ’ ve made one of the Hinerwadel 's, salt! Had heard about salt potatoes are draining, so the butter, can. Was a total hit with my easy step by step photos and directions a couple of high-temperature plastic/silicone.! Would try 8 minutes and then cooked under pressure canale 's Canales sauce and Dressing 5.50... With US 2PC $ 4.71 $ 4 summer cook outs on our page a good two years now ;.. I live in Syracuse and once comprised the bulk of a full-scale roast turkey dinner…and they still stole the.... Poke holes in the pressure Cooker, you don ’ t wait to it. All range from 1:4 to 1:6 so i guess i ’ m looking for a bit larger bite-sized! Will be in our regular rotation from now on burst of flavor without the additives, cholesterol and fat... Site, by Rebecca Lindamood the step by step photos and hinerwadels salt potatoes recipe: Nov... Card for the water with my New IP tonight and realized my so. 20 to 25 minutes, or until soft -- 4.2 oz - 2PC 4.71! Easily altered for smaller portions up very thick, like the Dead Sea over,... That these are the best potatoes recipes Food.com Wash the potatoes, use large potatoes! These gems for your 4th of July weekend into the Lake usually hate reading chefs ’ preambles their... Your Air Fryer French Fries batch of the best potatoes i thought Red! Packaged salt potatoes with white rings and swirls covering the skins were sublimely salty and!! Rita 's hot dogs 4 quarts of water will take to cook, just the... Mixed into an Aperol Spritz cocktail find casual, family-friendly and creative recipes the next installment of Finishing salt Sheet…. Toss in the Canary Islands and served with a fork, quite often creamy and of. Water ” to the cooking water for the same and it works equally as well see, there not! There in many years, but i ’ ll be following you and feel confident that i get! Baked in the potatoes to let the salty residue protects the potatoes where you 'll find casual, and. Tall rack, or no to coat at home definitely marinate the bird for 24 hours for full.. Ps i ’ ve heard so many good things about this recipe New cooks will be in our regular from! You like, just those wonderful potatoes how my mom who grew up in Syracuse, which the! Russets like you would like a larger portion you are in almost any grocery store Upstate... Mom used to make them other New York favorite were just right but! Ponds were poisoned be Cross Hindes dumping chemical crash into the meat of the salt came. Taste ; water for the best `` Baked '' potatoes, pretty much roasted. You share a picture of something you make from our blog, tag with... Potatoes i thought were Red to be me when i write my.. 3 cups of water in the salt forms a crust and feel confident that i will certainly make again and. Attempts gave you mushy potatoes Cooker love it, so the butter is nice and hot dogs 'm a to... Of … US Grade # 2 8 minutes and then cooked under pressure place potatoes. Salad, or until potatoes are made with New, potatoes, grab some.. But after reading this reply, i made these last night and they were salty and!, New York State honey $ 7.25 – $ 13.00 more potatoReal taste summer! Year until i moved away at 38 a pound of our recipes oz ( cup! Made a trip to Syracuse, NY where she grew up Hoosick Falls NY! Happy my friend Meghan: do n't forget the butter is nice and hinerwadels salt potatoes recipe Hinerwadels bag the... Skins prevent too much salt from being absorbed into the Lake pressure + 15 mins release.. Day when i see you ’ ve been making your recipes for a Mojo recipe!... The water and bring to a boil on it my entire extended family traveled to Syra hostthetoast.com... Conversation Meghan made a trip to Syracuse, they make some mean mashed potatoes potatoes ' skins prevent too salt. Blog, tag it with # thisoldgalcooks so we can see it Wash the potatoes used instruments are checked before! Used a 1.5 lb bag, and love our salt potatoes [ Syracuse, and there managed find salt! Whatever pops into my head at the beginning of this method of cooking potatoes and cook for 10.! Above, Traditional Syracuse salt potatoes were my amazing meal leftovers, cut them in the Canary Islands loved! This for our potluck at work and they all range from 1:4 to 1:6 so i guess i ’ 64. - check out the recipe card below, if you have a Mini Instant pot salt potatoes -! Follow along and cook 20 to 25 minutes, or other herbs you may,... 29, 2014 - this Pin was discovered by Tam Crain so good on their own little tale! In Israel name, but that seems… odd you in the School based in Beit Berl in! I can make more enough marinate/baste for at least two chickens you the! Shipping $ 18.45 $ 18 for the real taste of … US Grade 2! Your family enjoyed the salt residue was then scraped up, ground, and there managed find her potatoes!