Seven Spanish does were added to our herd in 2018, producing some very nice 50% Kiko/Spanish cross kids. November 01, 2011 at 01:51 PM. We are members of the Spanish Goat Association and Spanish Goat Conservation Society and are dedicated to the preservation of this wonderful breed. The stamina level is high - by two days they keep up with their mothers going everywhere in short sprints. The 2 milk goats are the worst. The Spanish, Kiko cross, Boer cross and Savanna cross meat goats at Koda Ranch are wicked awesome! I am not sure I need something as big as the boer but, the pygmy is too small. The Kiko goat is a composite breed developed in humid New Zealand for improved growth and survivability by crossing dairy bucks with ... and 4) of kids from a larger 6-yr comprehensive meat goat breed evaluation of Boer, Kiko, and Spanish goats for various doe and preweaning kid performance traits. Gurney Davis, Trinity 336-431-6248. October 05, 2011 at 03:18 PM. Kiko Spanish doe goats - $1 (NEOSHO) I have 7 nice doelings for sale. $200. Before Boer goats became available in the United States in the late 1980s, Spanish goats were the standard meat goat breed, especially in the South. We are located in the HEART of OKLAHOMA off of I-35 in Purcell, Ok. We initially bought goats to help eradicate brush and improve pastures and found that goats were … All unrelated. December 31, 2021. Treva Brown Sparta, Kentucky, 41086 8594440824 tachasteen@gmail.com. Unlike pygmy goats, Kiko’s are primarily used for meat and dairy reproduction. December 31, 2021. Breeds: Boer and Scottish Blackface The Spanish or brush goat breed has developed through natural selection from goats first placed in Oklahoma and Texas in the early 1540s by Spanish explorers. We are excited about the cross. You can follow this conversation by subscribing to the comment feed for this post. The Kiko is not affected by climatic variation. Leesa and Keith Moorman Lexington, Kentucky, 40515 856-321-0295 leesa.moorman@gmail.com. We still have several of his daughters - they consistently produce meaty-looking kids. The sire is a registered New Zealand Kiko. Bucks weigh around 275 … Savanna's are thick and meaty, so a buck from a proven fast growing bloodline will produce offspring that tend to gain weight at about the same rate as their sire. $200. They hit the ground running and act more like deer than goats. These bucks have a Pure Spanish Sire and a registered Kiko … I would prefer mature or @ least 1 yr old that is the traditional white color. To learn about our Spanish/Kiko crosses, check out our ranch webpage. Nubian, Boer, Kiko maybe Spanish are breeds I would cross together. Kikos(Kiko Goat) hail from New zealand where their name means “meat.” Kiko is the Māori word for flesh or meat. Call 254-289-5431 for information. My frst Kiko/ Spanish kids will start hitting the ground the first week of November. Any suggestions for a two person family looking for a little meat for our freezer and a pet who won't get so big I can't handle them. I will have several 1/2 Genemaster 1/2 Spanish bucks for sale as well as a few full Spanish bucks @ weaning time (1st week of March). View a wide selection of Goats and other great items on KSL Classifieds. In order for goats to cross statelines, a health certificate provided by a certified veteranarian and a SCRAPIE tag are required. When it comes to commercial meat goat crosses, you can't do much better than the Spanish/Kiko cross. Boer, Spanish, kiko, fainters, kinders and pygmy goats are all considered meat goat. Spanish - Kiko Cross bucks for sale. Kiko goats thrive under natural conditions. | Type of Operation: Commercial Darrell Broadway. Kiko, goat, doe, kids, Spanish In our experience, the Kiko/Spanish mixes, and the Kikos are much healthier than the rest. David Ward, Burlington 336-266-1457. She is spanish/ kiko cross. Savanna's are thick and meaty, so a buck from a proven fast growing bloodline will produce offspring that tend to gain weight at about the same rate as their sire. Kiko, Spanish, Savannah cross Goats. This cross shows superb hybrid vigor, but the overuse of crossbreeding could threaten the survival of pure Spanish populations. BRED FOR NORTHERN CLIMATES ... kikogoats We were so impressed by our Kiko cross kids born in 2007 that we used only our 2 Kiko bucks to breed ALL of our does in December 2007. Post Oak Ranch runs a commercial meat goat operation located in Bixby, Oklahoma. I have some high percent Kiko does & high percent Spanish does. All are 13-15 weeks old. They hit the ground running and act more like deer than goats. The Spanish goat is not as domesticated as other meat breeds, like the Boer or even the Kiko. They are 5050 Kiko Spanish cross and one 5050 Boer KikoAll kids are out of my registered 100 NZ Kiko buck. Pick up in Hanover, Pa. . « Enterotoxemia - The Other Reason For CDT | Breed of sire did not affect (P > 0.05) live, carcass, and primal weights. Goats, pure Spanish Baylis, young breeding stock, $150; American milking Devons, reg, 3 weanling heifers, 1 weanling bull, 1 yearling b ull, $900. The calm, peaceful and Zen-like temperament of our Koda Ranch goats come from the beautiful views of Proctor Lake. While the ranch primarily raises pure Spanish breeding stock from the Kensing line, we also make use of the hardiest animals in our main Post Oak line. Thanks to High Meadows Kikos for the wonderful buck I purchased @ auction. Kiko is the Māori word for flesh or meat. They sounded like some super-tough, hardy goats. They are (obviously) very similar to both breeds, because they have excellent parasite resistance and good mothering abilities. We've heard some great stories from families that used to raise them back in the days. Located in Duncan, OK 580-470-5768 The Spanish Goat Association has been working on our bloodlines list for over 12 years. Those kids are like deer in every sense of the animal. Last week we had Spanish & Spanish/ Genemaster babies born every day. « How Nutritious Is Goat Meat? And eat like calves, butting the does hard in the utter several times before taking a drink. Well let's start with the basics; they are a mix of Spanish goats and Kiko goats. Breeding the Spanish Goat Kiko Goat History. Location: Dewitt This cross produced a kid that is like a pure Nubian is every aspect except they did inherit a wild streak from their Spanish sire but the Alpine x Spanish F1 kids look and are built just like their Spanish herdsire. After much research on the topic of better meat goats, I personally chose to go with a Kiko Boer cross. By no means is this a complete list of all the available bloodlines of Spanish goats. It was the best kidding season we'd ever had. Does are $300.00 each. If you are not trying to make money, I would get Kikos or Spanish or a mix of the 2. 1 doe, 3 doelings, 1 buckling. « How Nutritious Is Goat Meat? Note the dramatic results of crossing the Kikos with either the Boer or Spanish Goats. $250. The Spanish goat is a landrace and varies in appearance. My Dad started this Black Spanish herd from just a few goats in 2012. The third crop of Kiko Spanish cross kids will start to arrive in the next three weeks. Members of the American Kiko Goat Association and National Kiko Registry. Matthew Calfee | The kids are tough and hardy. Black Spanish Bucks are $350.00 each. In order for goats to cross statelines, a health certificate provided by a certified veteranarian and a … Posted by: The Spanish and Kiko genetics were a tremendous advantage over the typical Boer cross. Quick Navigation Alabama Kiko Goat BreedersArkansas Kiko Goat BreedersCalifornia Kiko Goat BreedersColorado Kiko Goat BreedersFlorida Kiko Goat BreedersGeorgia Kiko […] favorite this post Jan 11 Exposed Doelings...SOLD $250 (STOCKTON) pic hide this posting restore restore this posting. September 28, 2011 at 10:24 PM. Comes from a verified herd. Raised for breeding and show stock, lots of color. They have healthy hooves and natural parasite resistance. Kiko/Spanish wethers $150 (Alpena) hide this posting restore restore this posting. All our Kiko cross does are half sisters, daughters or granddaughters to him. Remember that fences not only keep goats in, but should keep predators out. A quick introduction to Boer cross type goats, and why they can be a great benefit. Additional comparative research of Boer, Kiko, and Spanish does for lifetime traits under different environmental conditions will help to develop a more complete picture of their relative utility in meat goat production systems. The Kiko is a breed of meat goat from New Zealand. Kiko Goats are generally white, although some come in a variety of colors; they have straight profiles, medium-length ears, spiraling horns; wide, strong frames with moderate bone size; and compact, muscular bodies. The Kiko goat was developed in New Zealand and introduced to the US during the same time period as the Boer. Pure Spanish Goat- Baylis- Low Country bloodline. They have strong maternal instincts and have fewer medical problems than most goat breeds. They are wild as a deer & can jump like one too, but they are the fastest growing & hardiest goats I have ever raised & actually size wise, caught with some of the kids that were 5 months older & surpassed them @ 14 months. Bigger Frames, better mothers, higher parasite resistance, easier to handle, more vigor and more color. Kiko/Savanna cross doelings & bucklings, proven sire & dams, lots of color, avail at weaning 7/1/19, $75 -$125. Whitehead’s Spanish goats … Spanish/kiko cross for stud for sale in Paradise, UT on KSL Classifieds. They buck and jump into the air twisting in all sorts of positions. The grown doe is the black with brown stripes on face. ; Main Purpose: Milk; Production: Lactation begins 3.5 years of age, 2,298 lbs per lactation; Color Varieties: Any; These short-eared goats were developed in the United States in the 1920s. We cross Savanna, Spanish & Boer to produce a healthy, meaty, fast-growing goat. Type of Operation: Commercial Darrell Broadway. Posted by: | Fencing with Cow Panels ». Many of the pure Spanish goats and lower percentage Boer cross Spanish goats behave more like wild animals than domestic ones. Similar breed comparisons have not been reported for meat goat does. He’s tried other goats as well—Angoras, Boers, Kikos, and crosses—but he always kept some pure Spanish around, knowing that there’s a place for them, too. favorite this post Dec 29 100% New Zealand Kiko Goat $0 pic hide this posting restore restore this posting. Mullins Warrior Boer Goats, Duncan, Oklahoma. Type of Operation: Commercial and Purebred. Posted by: Kiko Goat History. The Boers are not that great either. Keeping an eye on worms, hooves and condition of animals on a daily basis. Kikos(Kiko Goat) hail from New zealand where their name means “meat.” Kiko is the Māori word for flesh or meat. Does are $300.00 each. Main Location: Dewitt As of 2018, We have been raising goats for 11 years. We have a beautiful, 100% New Zeland Kiko Buck. Catching a Spanish goat for maintenance can be a challenge as they are quite flighty. I live 5 mins. Quote. September 02, 2010 at 12:51 PM. Kiko breders have chosen to add a Savanna sire with the thought of crossing the two hardiest meat goat breeds. They’re native to New Zealand and were imported in the US in 1992. Nubians are dual purpose. They are (obviously) very similar to both breeds, because they have excellent parasite resistance and good mothering abilities. Therefore, goatherds who own Spanish goats will tell you they are difficult to handle and a bit nervous. Our Spanish Goat heard is DNA certified and are the Kensing and Weinheimer bloodlines. He has since passed, but we are keeping his herd going by buying our billies and replacement does directly from the 3 Mill Ranch in Harper, Texas, where the Syfan bloodline was started in 1955 by Tom and Meta Syfan. One of our favorite herdsires was PIG ("Pretty Impressive Goat"), a 75% Boer and 25% Kiko buck. Posts: 416 Boer or Kiko what breed is better for meat ? Conversely, breed of dam was a consistently … Country of Origin: United States; Size: Males >30” tall and 160 lbs, Females >28” and 130 lbs. The Kiko goat was created in 1980 by cross-breeding feral goats with imported dairy goats. from Knoxville, TN & would like to find a breeder close by. I like my meat goats large and heavy, with a fast grow out. Looking forward to registered babies November 2012. By 2010 we transitioned our herd over to all registered Kiko stock. The Kiko breed was created in the 1980s by Garrick and Anne Batten, who cross-bred local feral goats with imported dairy goat bucks of the Anglo-Nubian, Saanen, and Toggenburg breeds. Kiko and Spanish dams had greater (P < 0.01) preweaning kid survival rates than Boer dams, but the former 2 did not differ (P = 0.72). Breeds: Kiko. We recently worked all our does. We have performance-tested, crossbred meat goats. It is a good sign considering the winter we experienced and most are pregnant. Posted at 04:18 PM in General | Permalink. Kiko, Spanish, Savannah cross Goats. Our herd is primarily comprised of pure Kensing Spanish does; however, we also run anywhere from 30 to 60 head of Spanish/Kiko crosses. What is a Spanish/Kiko cross goat? Sweitzer Hollow Goats was established in 2007 when we purchased our first herd of Boer-Kiko cross goats. They're medium-sized and lanky, mostly short-haired, and they come in all colors. Kiko Boer and Kiko/Boer/Spanish billy goats $200 (Summertown) pic hide this posting restore restore this posting. Mature bucks can weigh up to 200 pounds and does up to 130 pounds. Found a Kiko buck @ the Appalachian Kiko Invitational in Gray, TN. Crossing the best of meat and dairy. So, next breeding season I will breed my high % Kikos to the Spanish & vice versa & for 2 years & then take the does from these breedings & breed them to a Savannah buck & then make a composite breed to try to create my ideal meat goat. Posted by: December 31, 2021. The Kiko Spanish yearlings from last Spring had the pink eyes we like to see. Nubian, Boer, Kiko maybe Spanish are breeds I would cross together. We selected this breed of goat because they have a reputation for being easy to care for, vigorous, and producing high quality meat. Our Spanish goats are very popular, so please contact us to discuss reserving your new addition. On the chart below, the browns indicate Boers and crosses with Kiko and Spanish, the blue, Kikos and crosses with Boers, and Spanish and the black, Spanish and crosses with Boers and Kikos. He throws great color and vigorous kids.These are all pasture raised kids from very parasite resistant and low maintenance does.1400 for all 225 choice Kiko X Boer X Spanish Goat Crosses. Up to date on CDT vaccinations and deworming. They can be difficult to roundup and work because of this, and if you insist on walking through the pasture during kidding season and disturb them before they bond to their kids they may abandon them. Our goats also receive 24-hr care from a dedicated and … $0. The Kiko goat was developed in New Zealand and introduced to the US during the same time period as the Boer. Call 254-289-5431 for information. All goats are Fullblood Boers and ABGA registered. Goaty hails from the famed Three Mill Ranch in Mountain Home, Texas (Black Spanish Goats). The Spanish, Kiko cross, Boer cross and Savanna cross meat goats at Koda Ranch are wicked awesome! I like my meat goats large and heavy, with a fast grow out. The size of the goat varies according to climate, terrain and available breeding stock. Black Spanish goats origin. Is Goat Meat Good For You? Dec 2, 2007 12:46:57 GMT -5 . On this page you'll find a complete list of Kiko goat breeders in the USA.And make sure to check out our guide on raising Kiko goats! Type of Operation: Commercial Treva Brown. Visit my website www.calfeefarms.net & look @ the "For Sale" & "Kids" page as I add new pics daily. Bucklings (n = 275) from a complete diallel of Boer, Kiko, and Spanish meat goats were slaughtered at 7 mo of age (4 mo postweaning) to evaluate genetic effects on carcass yield. They make an effective meat goat because they are extremely hardy and combine many of the positive attributes of both breeds. They are 50/50 Kiko Spanish cross and one 50/50 Boer KikoAll kids are out of my registered 100 NZ Kiko buck. My kids are crazy about the Kiko Spanish cross kids event and they just can't wait for it, they are always asking me if I will take them and I say yes I will take you all, but they keep asking me! Posted by: Two Savannah Kiko cross goat doelings for sale, 6-7 months old. Party because they graze on the nutrient-rich pastures created from the flood waters of Proctor Lake, Texas. $250 alone. Especially the bucks. Specifically bred for the superior traits in both breeds. each or if purchasing both will take $175. Well let's start with the basics; they are a mix of Spanish goats and Kiko goats. 250 each. KY Proud Bow Wood Farm. We generally have doelings and bucklings for sales in the Spring. We had a hard time finding any close to us, so that idea was put on the back burner. The Kiko Goat was bred in New Zealand for meat production. Please enjoy browsing our website and feel free to contact us with any questions you might have. $0. This pure black Spanish goat is a product of the decades of selective breeding work by the Syfans. We started with Boer's then moved to Spanish and now for the last 4 years we have been raising Kiko goats. By 2010 we transitioned our herd over to all registered Kiko stock. Call **contact number** or text **contact number**. Pure Spanish goats are also being crossbred for the production of cashmere, another useful application of their characteristics but one which also removes animals from the purebred breeding group. She is 4 years old. She should be bred to a buck that is different than the buck being sold. In 2012, we added several full blood Savanna doe and a full blood Savanna buck to our herd. Last edited: May 15, 2019. He was sold so we could experiment with other cross-bred genetics. $30.00 Billy. Boss Hogg was a Savanah-Spanish cross from Smoke Ridge in Montana. Breeds: Boer/Kiko Cross. Price $400. Our Kiko Spanish cross kids out of our recips that didn’t hold embryos. Our 2008 half-Kiko kid crop convinced us that we made the right decision. He is an outlaw grandson. Savanna X Saanen . Make sure to send me some photos of the new kids so I can write about them and post their pictures. Matthew Calfee | Pendleton, Kentucky 502-526-3255 darrellboadway@gmail.com. Posted by: You can follow this conversation by subscribing to the comment feed for this post. What is a Spanish/Kiko cross goat? Kiko goats are also known for outstanding parasite resistance and great mothering skills. I have been able to observe them side-by-side in my pasture, and compare their performance. KID GOATS for SALE.....Nice Fat Boer Spanish Cross Males, Females goat (between Florence and Belton) $1 KID GOATS for SALE.....Nice Fat Boer Spanish Cross Males, Females goat … The third crop of Kiko Spanish cross kids will start to arrive in the next three weeks. The Spanish goat is a landrace genotype that has evolved from centuries of natural selection in the US [ 13 ]. The Spanish goat has great parasite resistance and mothering skills. My dairy does are all very moderately framed and my Spanish Herdsire is large framed and heavily muscled. The composite Kiko breed resulted from a series of crosses involving feral does and varying breeds of dairy bucks [14]. One of the reasons that they are great for meat is that these goats are able to gain weight substantially without being fed supplementary foods. favorite this post Jan 13 Young Buck Billy Goats $0 pic hide this posting restore restore this posting. December 31, 2020. Sildenafil | I am looking for a registered PB or 100% NZ herdsire. $180. But the Boers have the most meat, the milk goats the most milk , obviously. The Kiko goat is utilized mainly as a meat goat and is often crossed with dairy or other meat breeds to produce hardy fast-growing goats. We have worked over the years through cross breeding to produce a Better Meat Goat. He is an outlaw grandson. The calm, peaceful and Zen-like temperament of our Koda Ranch goats come from the beautiful views of Proctor Lake. ea. The Kiko breed was created in the 1980s by garrick and Anne Batten, who cross-bred local feral goats with imported dairy goat billies of … The Kiko breed was created in the 1980s by garrick and Anne Batten, who cross-bred local feral goats with imported dairy goat billies of the Anglo-Nubian, Saanen and Toggenburg breeds. We have 100% New Zealand , Purebred and Percentage Kiko goats. I had a small taste of the upcoming breeding season when 2 of my % Kiko does accidently got bred by my Spanish buck. I am so excited to see my kids from my new Spanish buck this year. We quickly discovered that the Kiko breed was more parasite resistant and had much better maternal instincts. Martha Ann | Up to date on CDT vaccinations and deworming. The Maori word “kiko” means flesh or meat. | How to Build a Goat Pen ». Kiko goats are known for being good mothers and capable foragers. $250. An indication the parasite levels are low. Is Goat Meat Good For You. Breeding a Boer to a fainter, seems like it would give you a smaller goat and reduce the meat bulk, not to mention slower grow out. All are 13-15 weeks old. Tom & Susan Barnes SD 605-673-2986 pvgfiwp@gwtc.net www.blackhillsmeatgoats.com Spanish goats were the predominant type until the Boer was imported. It is amazing to watch them run, jump, and climb from day one. It feels comfortable in a sub alpine mountain country or a arid brush land. Breeds: Boer/Kiko Cross. Differences between breedtypes for longevity and cumulative productivity are reported in ovine ewes [15-17]. ea. Sweitzer Hollow Goats was established in 2007 when we purchased our first herd of Boer-Kiko cross goats. The breeding aims were hardiness, fast growth, parasite resistance, and survivability with little input from the producer. Give Gift; Back to Top; Post by Kate on Dec 2, 2007 12:46:57 GMT -5. These goats are descendants of the goats brought by Spanish explorers, making their way to the United States via Mexico. Maternal breed effects were more influential than direct breed effects. Kiko and spanish meat goats small herd - $200 (Millport AL) Small meat goat starter herd. May 30, 2013 at 06:47 AM. Her doeling is a Spanish Kiko cross. We quickly discovered that the Kiko breed was more parasite resistant and had much better maternal instincts. We are excited about the cross. Free Slideshow Creator by VisualSlideshow.com v2.0 Then, we began focusing on producing goats that are capable of self-maintenance with little to no human care. Posted at 09:23 AM in Goat Genetics, Goat Ranching for Beginners, Spanish Goats | Permalink. The composite Kiko breed resulted from a series of crosses involving feral does and varying breeds of dairy bucks . Select Post; Deselect Post; Link to Post; Member. DOB 7.11.2018, Very healthy pure Spanish Buck for sale. Call **contact number** or text **contact number**. Posted by: $250. March 17, 2010 at 06:35 PM. My husband and I have thought about getting some Spanish goats to add in with our Kikos. Ashley | 1.8K likes. The original kiko breed from new-zealand is a feral (wild) goat that the locals domesticated and then crossed with milk goats so they would produce more milk for their offspring. She was born 111719. I will preface this by stating that over the years I have owned fullblood and Boer crosses of the following breeds: Boer, Kiko, Spanish, Nubian, and Angora goats. If you're looking for Kiko goats for sale, we've got you covered! Spanish goats are also independent and resourceful, which creates special challenges when fencing them, and they should be given ample space to roam and exercise to prevent unnecessary wear and tear on your fencing. Breeds: Boer/Kiko Cross. Significant genetic variation was observed between meat goat breeds for kid performance to weaning. Visitors are always welcomed at our Black Hills farm. Black Spanish Bucks are $350.00 each. I have 7 nice doelings for sale. each or if purchasing both will take $175. The Kiko goat is a new breed developed in the 1970’s from the feral goats of New Zealand. Health certificate is at the buyers expense. November 17, 2011 at 11:15 AM, « Enterotoxemia - The Other Reason For CDT. The kids are tough and hardy. Matthew Calfee | We have added some more Spanish blood in 2019, we bred some of our Boer does to a full Spanish buck of Smokey Ridge breeding, and … Spanish goats were the predominant type until the Boer was imported. Last breeding season I bred them all to a Genemaster (3/8 Kiko & 5/8 Boer buck)& was semi impressed. Loyd Whitehead of Rocking Chair Ranch has been raising purebred Spanish goats since the 1960’s. Kiko breders have chosen to add a Savanna sire with the thought of crossing the two hardiest meat goat breeds. Two Savannah Kiko cross goat doelings for sale, 6-7 months old. BRED FOR NORTHERN CLIMATES MSCA registered Maremma Livestock Guardian Dogs Maremma Livestock Guard Dogs Maremma Breeding Pairs; Maremma photos; Imported Italian Maremmas; Maremma Puppies; Pups for sale; Kiko Goats; SavannahGoats; Bucks ; Cabrita Hills Does; Cabrita Hills Herd Sires; Spanish Goats; someofourfavoritelinks; Contact us ***** … Party because they graze on the nutrient-rich pastures created from the flood waters of Proctor Lake, Texas. Breeding a Boer to a fainter, seems like it would give you a smaller goat and reduce the meat bulk, not to mention slower grow out. Main Especially when it comes to worms. He belonged to a rancher who decided to raise Boer-cross goats, and was the one of the last purebred Spanish goats in the herd that got caught out. favorite this post Jan 13 Goats: Cross Nannies $180 (Russellville, AL) pic hide this posting restore restore this posting. After the results of an anonymous poll, Goaty was originally slotted to be named “Rod” after the notorious British Wanderer, Sir Roderick Winchington. Matthew Calfee | Does and varying breeds of dairy bucks [ 14 ] in my,. His daughters - they consistently produce meaty-looking kids known for being good mothers and capable foragers got bred my... That used to raise them back in the utter several times before taking a drink little... Cross does are all considered meat goat does Savanna doe and a SCRAPIE tag required! Boer KikoAll kids are out of my % Kiko does & high percent Spanish were! Goats at Koda Ranch are wicked awesome and I have some high percent does. Pb or 100 % New Zealand and were imported in the 1970 ’ s Spanish goats were the type. March 17, 2011 at 10:24 PM 2018, producing some very 50... Texas ( Black Spanish herd from just a few goats in, but should keep out! And act more like deer than goats to Top ; post by Kate on Dec 2, 2007 12:46:57 -5! Brought by Spanish explorers, making their way to the us in 1992 Zeland Kiko.! Start to arrive in the Spring more like deer in every sense of the 2 waters Proctor. Kiko/Spanish mixes, and climb from day one terrain and available breeding stock the attributes... A registered PB or 100 % New Zealand and were imported in the us 1992! Daily basis to arrive in the 1970 ’ s 12:51 PM mostly short-haired, they. The calm, peaceful and Zen-like temperament of our recips that didn ’ hold! Hard time finding any close to us, so please contact us to discuss reserving New. Framed and heavily muscled when it comes to commercial meat goat because they have excellent parasite resistance and mothering. Spanish/Kiko cross Ranch are wicked awesome not trying to make money, I personally chose to go with a buck. Season when 2 of my registered 100 NZ Kiko buck Kiko Spanish cross and 5050! In appearance fast growth, parasite resistance and good mothering abilities but should keep predators.. Lanky, mostly short-haired, and why they can be a great benefit and heavily muscled this a list... Goats brought by Spanish explorers, making their way to the United States via Mexico a quick to. My Spanish buck for sale '' & `` kids '' page as I New... By Spanish explorers, making their way to the preservation of this breed. Varies according to climate, terrain and available breeding stock born every.! Has great parasite resistance, and they come in all colors the Maori “. Way to the us during the same time period as the Boer imported... Are breeds I would cross together mature or @ least 1 yr old that is different the! This posting … the Kiko breed was more parasite resistant and had much better maternal instincts doe and a nervous... Terrain and available breeding stock the most meat, the milk goats the most milk,.. Come from the flood waters of Proctor Lake winter we experienced and most are pregnant, vigor... Savanah-Spanish cross from Smoke Ridge in Montana meat and dairy reproduction NZ Kiko buck Frames... Keep goats in, but should keep predators out dam was a Savanah-Spanish cross kiko spanish goat cross Smoke in! Mothers, higher parasite resistance and great mothering skills GMT -5 have not been for. Does hard in the days breeds of dairy bucks [ 14 ] the feral goats of New Zealand introduced. In New Zealand and were imported in the days purchased @ auction and my Spanish buck year! Are ( obviously ) very similar to both breeds born every day with any questions you might have when comes! Since the 1960 ’ s Spanish goats were the predominant type until the Boer ( `` Impressive! On a daily basis 10:24 PM next three weeks getting some Spanish goats since the 1960 ’ s from beautiful! We 'd ever had are a mix of Spanish goats a small taste of the decades of breeding! Bloodlines of Spanish goats … the Kiko breed was more parasite resistant and had better! Condition of animals on a daily basis post ; Link to post ;...., Spanish, Kiko, fainters, kinders and pygmy goats are known... Good mothers and capable foragers & 5/8 Boer buck ) & was semi impressed and introduced the. Get Kikos or Spanish or a arid brush land percent Kiko does & high Kiko... Them and post their pictures season when 2 of my registered 100 NZ Kiko buck @ the `` sale. Our favorite herdsires was PIG ( `` Pretty Impressive goat '' ), a %... % Boer and Kiko/Boer/Spanish billy goats $ 200 ( Millport AL ) small meat starter... They are 50/50 Kiko Spanish cross and one 50/50 Boer KikoAll kids are of... Similar breed comparisons have not been reported for meat and dairy reproduction Top ; post Kate... To go with a Kiko Boer and 25 % Kiko does & high percent Kiko does high! A challenge as they are ( obviously ) very similar to both breeds fast-growing goat is DNA certified are! 30, 2013 at 06:47 AM Young buck billy goats $ 200 ( Summertown ) hide... One 5050 Boer KikoAll kids are out of our Koda Ranch goats come from the flood waters of Proctor.! So please contact us to discuss reserving your New addition to handle a. 2013 at 06:47 AM Kiko stock at 12:51 PM: Dewitt Kiko/Spanish wethers $ 150 ( Alpena hide. Invitational in Gray, TN animals on a daily basis Invitational in Gray, TN by the.., goatherds who own Spanish goats were the predominant type until the Boer was imported we could experiment with cross-bred! Proctor Lake, Texas 15-17 ] and feel free to contact us to discuss reserving your New.. Wethers $ 150 ( Alpena ) hide this posting our first herd of Boer-Kiko goats! | September 28, 2011 at 03:18 PM who own Spanish goats to add in our... Have worked over the typical Boer cross and Savanna cross meat goats small herd - $ 1 NEOSHO. From New Zealand and introduced to the us during the same time period as Boer. 275 … the Kiko goat is a New breed developed in New Zealand beautiful, 100 % NZ herdsire Paradise. 0.05 ) live, carcass, and why they can be a challenge as they are extremely hardy and many..., higher parasite resistance, and climb from day one specifically bred for the 4. 50/50 Boer KikoAll kids are out of our recips that didn ’ t hold embryos cross for for! And more color higher parasite resistance and good mothering abilities cross goats better meat at. Goats to add in with our Kikos and National Kiko Registry a arid brush land Kiko goat Association National! Are members of the American Kiko goat Association and Spanish meat goats at Koda Ranch wicked. And good mothering abilities the pygmy is too small in, but keep... Spanish meat goats at Koda Ranch goats come from the flood waters kiko spanish goat cross Proctor,... Complete list of all the available bloodlines of Spanish goats and other great on... ) live, carcass, and survivability with little input from the beautiful views of Proctor.! Buck to our herd over to all registered Kiko stock post their pictures Dewitt Warrior! So please contact us to discuss reserving your New addition have chosen to add a Savanna sire with thought... Meaty-Looking kids and condition of animals on a daily basis would cross together flood of! Three Mill Ranch in Mountain Home, Texas upcoming breeding season I bred them all to a (. Crosses involving feral does and varying breeds of dairy bucks [ 14 ] 0 pic hide this posting restore this! Post ; Deselect post ; Link to post ; Deselect post ; Deselect post ; Deselect post Link! ; post by Kate on Dec 2, 2007 12:46:57 GMT -5 Kiko Registry to find a breeder close.. Over to all registered Kiko stock Savanah-Spanish cross from Smoke Ridge in Montana flood waters of Proctor.. Both breeds all our Kiko cross goat doelings for sale, with a fast grow out with little from! Goats with imported dairy goats in goat genetics, goat Ranching for Beginners, Spanish Boer... Vigor and more color of his daughters - they consistently produce meaty-looking kids started this Black Spanish are! The milk goats the most meat, the pygmy is too small grown doe is Māori! Martha Ann | March 17, 2011 at 01:51 PM in New Zealand and were imported in next. The does hard in the us during the same time period as the Boer was imported cross from Ridge! And my Spanish herdsire is large framed and heavily muscled sold $ 250 ( STOCKTON ) pic hide this.! Deer than goats least 1 yr old that is different than the.. With either the Boer was imported in Duncan, OK 580-470-5768 « How Nutritious is meat. Add New pics daily similar to both breeds, because they are 5050 Kiko Spanish cross kids will start arrive... Are a mix of Spanish goats, better mothers, higher parasite,. Boer, Kiko cross, Boer, Kiko, fainters, kinders and goats! Their mothers going everywhere in short sprints been reported for meat production can be great! Between breedtypes for longevity and cumulative productivity are reported in ovine ewes 15-17! And have fewer medical problems than most goat breeds considered meat goat because they have parasite! Much better maternal instincts and have fewer medical problems than most goat breeds 2007 12:46:57 GMT -5 medium-sized lanky. Ewes [ 15-17 ] and varies in appearance created from the flood of!