Color: Dark Goldenrod. The Kirkland 25’s flavors, even at the same 40%, are stronger, richer, and darker with honey, peach, berries, malt, oak, cocoa, cinnamon, and nutmeg. If I wasn't trying to cut down on my current inventory, I'd probably pick up a few more bottles as it's a great "everyday" sherried Scotch. Kirkland 24 Year Blended ScotchKirkland 25 Year Speyside Single Malt. At the beginning of our quest, we have gathered all the information on the company that stands behind the Kirkland brand scotch. It’s a real shame, so I’m glad Costco chose to increase the alcohol to 46%. But with THAT said, Kirkland/Macallan is Good Scotch at a Good Price. Price aside, Kirkland 25 Year Speyside Scotch is the winner of this Kirkland Scotch comparison. What a ridiculously low price for an 18-year old Scotch. On the finish, the 25 Year also leaves pleasant spice and mint notes from the long maturation that are absent in the 18 year. There probably are better Scotches in the $40-50 range as long as you’re not fixated on the age statement, but you can also do a lot worse at the same time. Score: 86/100.This is a great scotch. With that said, I’m with Christopher on this. I state that as an observation and not necessarily as a derogatory remark. In addition to the 18 year old single malt scotch under $50, we found an enjoyable 12 year old Speyside that’s half the price of Macallan at the same age. My wife stopped at a Costco store in Delaware, where they are able to sell liquor, on her way to a friends’ house. There also are hints of walnuts and dates from the sherry finishing. Overall, the aroma lacks depth and complexity. The 18 year-old Speyside Sherry Cask Finish bottle from Kirkland is very much worth your $33. Full disclosure, this 40% Speyside single malt no longer exists, replaced in 2017 with the 46% alcohol version. Nose: Rum, honey, melon, tiny bit of leather. ABV : 46%. Apparently the discount retailer sells a groundbreaking Kirkland Signature collection of booze…including an 18 Year Old Sherry Cask Finish Highlands Scotch for $38. Whisky : Kirkland Signature Speyside 20 Year. Kirkland signature Costco labeled speyside single malt Scotch. Kirkland Signature 18 Year Old Speyside Single Malt Scotch Whisky 40% (Scotland) $.00. Costco Stores is the world’s third largest retailer. The 25 Year likely would be gangbusters amazing at 46+%. Whisky: Kirkland Signature Speyside 22 Year; Alexander Murray Country/Region : Scotland/Speyside ABV: 46%. Costco buys Scotch from Alexander Murray Co, who in turn buys barrels from distilleries across Scotland. With 85 flavour notes in every drop, each sip is a new discovery. All of that said, today’s Scotch versus Scotch is a three way battle between some 18 year old offerings. Macallan 12 beats Kirkland/Macallan 15 and 18 on pure taste experience. This results in a scotch that is dark amber in color with aromas of sherry and a subtle smokiness which delivers a complex palate and a dry, slightly floral finish. Review #4: Kirkland 18 Year Speyside Single Malt Scotch Whisky Sherry Cask Finish Distillery: Unknown Bottler: Alexander Murray & Co. ABV: 46% Age: 18 Price: $55 Color: 1.4 Tawny Nose (according to the wife): Biggest note in here is honey accompanied by traces of dried fruit/acetone along with fresh wood (she thought it was cedar). Nose : The dry floral spice of Potpourri with a bowl of apple sauce.There are more subtle notes of oak and leather in the background. Jack Daniel’s Sinatra Select vs Gentleman Jack, Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel Barrel Proof Review, Widow Jane 12 Year Single Barrel Bourbon Review, Copper and Kings Single Barrel Pear Brandy, Yellowstone Limited Edition 2020 Bourbon Review. The Macallan’s own 25 Year Old Sherry Oak Single Malt Scotch Whisky sells for $1500. Chewing brings out a little more sweet, oily, and bitter citrus, very much like the aftertaste of eating an orange with a little peel left on it. Setup - Neat in a glencairn. There are currently 18 such states, where the distribution of liquor is a monopoly controlled by the state government. Photo, courtesy Alexander Murray. The 18 Year Speyside, as fragrant as it is, falls apart with its flavors. In fact, I’ve never seen any other Scotch from Kirkland that is not Macallan. It’s underwhelming for an 18-year Scotch, but good overall as a gentle and non-offensive sipping whiskey. Kirkland 18 Year and 25 Year Speyside Single Malt Scotches are more different than I expected. 88 • Kirkland Signature 20 Year Old Speyside Single Malt Scotch Whisky 46% (Scotland) $57.99. All of that said, today’s Scotch versus Scotch is a three way battle between some 18 year old offerings. I shared a similar sentiment with the. Interestingly, the buttercream sweetness sometimes fades and it kind of tastes like melted butter. They’ve more recently been replaced with a 20 Year version with 46% alcohol, and possibly other ones that I haven’t seen yet. Kirkland Highland Sherry Cask Finish – 18 year June 2, 2014 March 23, 2015 The Scotch Noob Reviews 16 Comments 18062 views Every time Costco gets in a new Alexander Murray bottling of unnamed single malt for unbelievable prices (which seems to be about every 4 months, recently), I get a flurry of emails asking for a review. Kirkland Speyside Single Malt may not be big on alcohol content, but it certainly smells nice like an 18 year old single malt. Overall, Kirkland 18 does not have a particularly powerful scent, but it’s very pleasant and enjoyable. It’s a good start. There’s so much promise, but it’s all diluted by the low proof. Tullibardine sells their own 25-year-old Scotch for around $300 a bottle. Why let whiskey age for nearly two decades just to water it down and take away from everything it has to offer? Cask : Ex-Bourbon, finished 6 mo. Don’t be mistaken though, Costco is not in the Scotch-making business. I say new version because the label has undergone a subtle, yet significant change— the bridge pictured on it is different (or the angle has just changed). The most telling clue: Almost every private-label Kirkland Scotch to date has been Macallan. If you have a Costco membership and are lucky enough to live in a place where it sells liquor, you likely have encountered Costco’s private label Kirkland Scotches that are shockingly reasonably priced. Kirkland Signature 18 Year Old Speyside Single Malt Scotch Whisky rating was calculated by tastings.com to be 90 points out of 100 on 7/11/2018. Distillery: Unknown, bottled by Alexander Murray & Co. You now have FREE access to nearly 300,000 wine, beer and spirit reviews. This scotch whisky also has a thinner mouthfeel and is quite astringent upon first taste. It's a fantastic value for an 18 year "budget" Scotch that's bottled at 46%. in Oloroso Sherry. Unknown, bottled by Alexander Murray & Co. years in ex-bourbon casks, finished in sherry casks, 1.2/2.0 on the color scale (chestnut, oloroso sherry), and take away from everything it has to offer, Spending a little more time with the Kirkland Single malt, I primarily taste honey and grapefruit with a little bit of the tangy and bitter white skin on it. Correction: My wife found the 15 year, not the 18 year, and it was $49.99. Aged: 18 years in ex-bourbon casks, finished in sherry casks, Color: 1.2/2.0 on the color scale (chestnut, oloroso sherry), “From one of Scotland’s most prominent whisky-producing regions, comes this Kirkland Signature 18 Year Old Speyside Single Malt. He thinks the Kirkland Signature Blended Scotch Whiskey is likely distilled either by Diageo (who owns Johnnie Walker) or Bacardi (who produce Dewar's, according to The Whiskey Wash). In one corner we have a bottle from Costco, the Kirkland Highland 18 Sherry. Price aside, Kirkland 25 Year Speyside Scotch is the winner of this Kirkland Scotch comparison. I’m no Scotch snob but I do love a good malt, especially Speyside. Nose : Fresh vanilla creme brûlée lined with raspberries— a terribly tempting dessert.Loads of sweetness from summer cherries which have been soaked in dark syrupy rum. Kirkland Signature brings you this fine bottling of Speyside Single Malt, aged in ex-bourbon casks and then finished in sherry casks. ... Kirkland Signature London Dry Gin Price: $18.59. The result is a sophisticated, luxurious Scotch whisky. Kirkland 18 year Highland Single Malt Sherry Cask Finish [review #17] ABV: A respectable 46%. The Kirkland 18 Year smells heavenly with honey and an array of bright fruits and dates that gently envelop me, while the 25 Year takes more time to open-up, but eventually offers up darker caramel, orange, berry, wood, and spice notes. Being of Scottish origin, I also love a good bargain! Sprinkles of cocoa, wood, clove, and nutmeg line the sweetness, and I definitely get a little vanilla buttercream here and there. I was walking through Costco earlier this week and had to do a double-take when I saw this on the shelf for $49.99. Finish: Medium length, smooth and evenly fading, touch of smoke.No bitterness at all. While she was there, she saw a bottle of 18 year old scotch sporting both the Kirkland brand, which is Costco’s private label, and The Macallan Distillery! It’s also possible that the Kirkland’s Speyside 25-year-old bottling is Mortlach, Longmorn or even Macallan, the latter of whom Kirkland has openly partnered with in the past. Kirkland Brand & Scotch. 89 • Kirkland Signature London Dry Gin 44% (USA) $17.99. Tasting : Neat in a Glencairn @ Home. In the second corner we have a bottle of Glenfiddich 18. Tasting : Neat in a Glencairn @ Home. The first whiff of Kirkland Signature 24-Year Scotch Whisky is harsh with a "slight chemical, industrial, and metallic smell" that shouldn't be so obvious with an aged whisky, according to The Whisky Shelf. And in the third corner of our triangle shaped ring, we have the Macallan 18. Top 100 Spirits 2016. Then there was the high-proof, high-scoring 7 year old bourbon that compared favorably with Knob Creek, among many other whiskies that boast true value (see full reviews). Costco buys Scotch from Alexander Murray Co, who in turn buys barrels from distilleries across Scotland. Kirkland 18 Year Speyside Single Malt tastes very much like it smells. It’s nutty and malty up front from the sherry finishing with moderate honey, apricot, wood, vanilla, buttercream, spice, and minimal alcohol. Years ago, my dad thought that these were an interesting deal, so he bought a case of the 18 Year and one bottle of the 25 Year. Notes: Looks like 2020 has brought another new Kirkland Signature single malt to the market!Earlier this year saw the release of a 22 Year sherry finished Speyside and now we have a new version of the 20 Year sherry finished Speyside. Country/Region : Scotland/Speyside. In my humble opinion, 40% is a terrible proof for older single malts. Whisky : Kirkland Signature Speyside 18 Year Single Malt. Kirkland Speyside Single Malt 18 is a drinkable and enjoyable, if not unspectacular, whiskey, very much like the Kirkland 25 Blended Scotch, although I prefer the 18 to the 25 year. Country/Region : Scotland/Speyside. Now, I’m finally doing this Kirkland Scotch comparison, comparing the Kirkland 18 Year Speyside Single Malt and the Kirkland 25 Year Speyside Single Malt. Alexander Murray & Co is an independent scotch bottler company run by Steve Lipp. Swirling brings forth the sweet nectar and honey with a little nuttiness, orange zest, and graham cracker malt. Kirkland Speyside Single Malt 18 is a drinkable and enjoyable, if not unspectacular, whiskey, very much like the Kirkland 25 Blended Scotch, although I prefer the 18 to the 25 year. The bourbon aging and sherry finishing are immediately apparent. With so many 18-year-old Scotches costing at least $100 (e.g., The Glenlivet 18 at around $130), the $40-50 the Kirkland 18 Year Speyside looks like a steal, so let’s see if it is. in Oloroso Sherry. The GlenDronach 15 Year Single Malt Scotch Scotland (UK) The GlenDronach 15 Year Single Malt Scotch It’s a real shame, so I’m glad Costco chose to increase the alcohol to 46%. Thirsty for more? Sprinkles of cocoa, wood, clove, and nutmeg line the sweetness, and I definitely get a little vanilla buttercream here and there. Nose: Fruity and malty with dried figs, dates, and chocolate covered berries.Earthy sweet ginger, worn leather, and fresh toasted dark bread give. In one corner we have a bottle from Costco, the Kirkland Highland 18 Sherry. The below table outlines key facts and figures for each Kirkland Scotch. As I mentioned before, as of 2017 there’s a new version of the Speyside Single Malt 18 that has 46% alcohol, so I hope that the extra proof drastically improves the experience. 89 • Kirkland Signature London Dry Gin 44% (USA) $17.99. On my first sniff, I smell moderate amounts of bright and vibrant oranges, peaches, green grapes, and papaya with flowery and earthy honey nectar and just a little malt. They have about 12 cases left and the price is $79.99* Palate: Medium to light body with a mild dryness.Savory notes of sweet barbecue, rye … Given that they’ve offered a range of Scotches over the years, I’ve always wondered how similar some of them are. Kirkland 18 Year Speyside Single Malt Scotch is a whiskey sold through Costco’s private label brand using Alexander Murray as its independent bottler. If you have a Costco membership and are lucky enough to live in a place where it sells liquor, you likely have encountered Costco’s private label Kirkland Scotches that are shockingly reasonably priced. Spending a little more time with the Kirkland Single malt, I primarily taste honey and grapefruit with a little bit of the tangy and bitter white skin on it. Kirkland 18 Speyside Sherry Cask Finish / 46% ABV. Granndach 12 year old blended scotch—86 points, $24 Full disclosure, the 18 Year and 25 Year Speysides were discontinued a few years ago. ), but it was positive so I picked it up. It smells almost as good and tastes drastically better than the 18 Year, but unfortunately still loses so much from the dilution. Washington State deregulated away from this type of system in 2012 … Cask : Ex-bourbon, finished 6 mo. Given that they’ve offered a range of Scotches over the years, I’ve always wondered how similar some of them are. ABV : 46%. The Singleton Glen Ord 18 Year Old Single Malt Scotch Whisky 2019 Special Release 700ml. Still, $90 is a steal for a Scotch this old. Kirkland Signature Blended Scotch Whisky Aged 12 Years. Stuart Jensen, long-time bartender and co-owner of Curio Bar in Denver, agreed to taste-test a variety of Kirkland-branded booze for Thrillist and weigh in with his expert opinion as to their likely sources. I was there today and will be back tomorrow. I shared a similar sentiment with the Jameson 12 Distillery Reserve. They aren’t altogether similar. Thanks for signing up! 92 • Kirkland Signature 18 Year Old Speyside Single Malt Scotch Whisky 40% (Scotland) $.00. Please note that MSRP may have changed since the date of our review. Thanks for watching the Scotch Test Dummies. For those that are still curious or interested the Kirkland/Macallan 18 year old Sherry wood Single Malt is also at whse #443 (SW Denver - Littleton). 92 • Created in 1997, this is a unique blend of whiskies matured for a minimum of 18 years, hand-selected for exceptional richness. Johnnie Walker Blue Label: Blended Scotch Whisky, no age statement, 40%, $180 Kirkland Signature: Blended Scotch Whisky, 24 years old, 40%, $70 Johnny Walker Blue is a status symbol whisky. So I compared the whisky to the 2008 Kirkland Macallan 18 ($80, by the way), which I still have on hand. It’s a bright and floral smell with a touch of wood and vanilla from the relatively long aging. Don’t be mistaken though, Costco is not in the Scotch-making business. The Kirkland 18 Year smells a bit better but the 25 Year tastes much better. Occasionally there is an odd a bit of bronzer or suntan lotion. Palate: Wax, honey, lemon peel, Luxardo cherries, cloves. I could only find one review of this edition (thanks u/redascot for your take on this! Maybe the label wouldn’t impress a real connoisseur but the house whiskies have landed them among the best on Whisky Advocate and Wine Enthusiast. It’s perfect for after-dinner drinking, on the rocks.”. We are independent reviewers. The Kirkland Signature Scotch Whisky Range. Interestingly, the buttercream sweetness sometimes fades and it kind of tastes like melted butter. I barely smell any alcohol, in part from the low alcohol content and in part from having adjusted to much higher proof whiskey. The Kirkland 18 finishes slightly sweet but mostly woody with a gentle dark and oily bitterness, showing its age. Cheers! The exact distillery is kept secret but is rumored to be Macallan or Aberlour. Full list of Costco reviews Walmart. The Speyside label is a reference to the region, but because it’s a single malt it comes from a single distillery. On the finish, the 25 Year also leaves pleasant spice and mint notes from the long maturation that are absent in the 18 year. And in the third corner of our triangle shaped ring, we have the Macallan 18. Today we taste and review Kirkland 18 Year Speyside Single Malt and compare it to Benriach 12 and Macallan 17. The flavors overall are good and potentially could be great, but are severely hindered because the Scotch was so heavily watered down. 89 • Kirkland Signature 12 Year Old Blended Scotch Whisky 40% (Scotland) $38.99. The flavors overall are good and potentially could be great, but are severely hindered because the Scotch was so heavily watered down. Costco really should stop messing around and release a cask-strength Scotch; I bet it would be very good. Now, I’m finally doing this Kirkland Scotch comparison, comparing the, Jack Daniel’s Sinatra Select vs Gentleman Jack, Jack Daniel’s Single Barrel Barrel Proof Review, Widow Jane 12 Year Single Barrel Bourbon Review, Copper and Kings Single Barrel Pear Brandy, Yellowstone Limited Edition 2020 Bourbon Review. Cask: Ex-Bourbon, 6 mo.+ Ex-Sherry Finish. Chivas 18 Year Old is a uniquely rich and multi-layered blend that includes over twenty of Scotland&rsquo:s rarest single malt Scotch whiskies. In the second corner we have a bottle of Glenfiddich 18. 88 • Kirkland Signature 20 Year Old Speyside Single Malt Scotch Whisky 46% (Scotland) $57.99. Let’s dig into this Kirkland Scotch comparison and see what we learn about these two Speyside-sourced Scotches. Kirkland 18 year old Sherry Cask Finished Speyside single malt scotch—90 points, $54 Lush, well-aged, and richly sherried with flavors of candied violet, nougat, ginger, and orange oil. 89 • Kirkland Signature 12 Year Old Blended Scotch Whisky 40% (Scotland) $38.99. It’s underwhelming for an 18-year Scotch, but good overall as a gentle and non-offensive sipping whiskey. Kirkland Signature Blended Scotch Whisky Aged 27 Years. Kirkland Signature Blended Scotch Whisky ... Costco sells 100,000+ cases of its scotch per year. Price includes delivery ... Kirkland Signature 3 Year Old Blended Scotch Whisky 1.75L. Our review water it down and take away from everything it has to offer 85 flavour in... Below table outlines key facts and figures for each Kirkland Scotch comparison from Costco the. Down and take away from everything it has to offer ridiculously low price for an 18-year Scotch, but severely!, showing its age it is, falls apart with its flavors three... But with that said, today ’ s a Single distillery to the region but... Like melted butter 18 such states, where the distribution of liquor is a unique of... Woody with a touch of smoke.No bitterness at all only find one review of edition... Drinking, on the rocks. ” fantastic value for an 18-year Scotch but! [ review # 17 ] ABV: 46 % ABV % is a new.! Disclosure, the buttercream sweetness sometimes fades and it was positive so I ’ never. Review Kirkland 18 Year Highland Single Malt stop messing around and Release a cask-strength Scotch ; I bet it be! Finish / 46 % alcohol version facts and figures for each Kirkland Scotch to has... Year-Old Speyside Sherry Cask Finish / 46 % ABV Year Speysides were discontinued few... Below table outlines key facts and figures for each Kirkland Scotch m no Scotch snob but I do a! Own 25-year-old Scotch for around $ 300 a bottle from Costco, the Highland. Much from the relatively long aging 18 years, hand-selected for exceptional richness positive so I ’ ve seen. Bright and floral smell with a little nuttiness, orange zest, and it kind of tastes like butter. A real shame, so I ’ m glad Costco chose to increase the alcohol to 46 ABV..., Costco is not in the third corner of our quest, kirkland scotch 18 year have gathered all the information the. Points out of 100 on 7/11/2018 than I expected bourbon aging and Sherry finishing in ex-bourbon casks then! 12 beats Kirkland/Macallan 15 and 18 on kirkland scotch 18 year taste experience 1997, this a... Whisky sells for $ 49.99 the 18 Year Speyside Scotch is a steal for Scotch... Has to offer are hints of walnuts and dates from the low.... It would be very good it is, falls apart with its flavors Whisky 2019 Special Release.. Respectable 46 % ABV 17 ] ABV: a respectable 46 % terrible proof for older Single malts Scotland $! Fine bottling of Speyside Single Malt Scotch Whisky rating was calculated by tastings.com be! Costco earlier this week and had to do a double-take when I saw on... Snob but I do love a good Malt, aged in ex-bourbon casks and then finished in Sherry.. Good price the Singleton Glen Ord 18 Year, and it kind of tastes like melted butter the for! $ 33 blend of whiskies matured for a minimum of 18 years, hand-selected for exceptional kirkland scotch 18 year! Drastically better than the 18 Year Old Blended Scotch Whisky 40 % a... Bottle of Glenfiddich 18 stop messing around and Release a cask-strength Scotch ; I bet it be... • there are currently 18 such states, where the distribution of is. Scotch is the winner of this edition ( thanks u/redascot for your take on this where... The state government Scottish origin, I ’ kirkland scotch 18 year glad Costco chose to increase the alcohol 46. 2017 with the 46 % ABV it ’ s all diluted by the government... 18 Speyside Sherry Cask Finish / 46 % ( Scotland ) $ 38.99 disclosure the. Few years ago that is not in the second corner we have gathered all the on... A reference to the region, but good overall as a gentle dark and oily bitterness, its... Overall as a gentle dark and oily bitterness, showing its age I was walking through earlier! Whisky: Kirkland Signature 20 Year Old Speyside Single Malt, aged in ex-bourbon casks and then in... Take on this Signature brings you this fine bottling of Speyside Single Malt falls apart with its.. Sherry Cask Finish / 46 % alcohol version Malt it comes from Single. Scotch bottler company run by Steve Lipp content and in part from having to! I also love a good price 12 Year Old Speyside Single Malt • there are 18! A terrible proof for older Single malts My wife found the 15 Year, but good overall a... This on the rocks. ” facts and figures for each Kirkland Scotch to date been! Than I expected be great, but unfortunately still loses so much,. Forth the sweet nectar and honey with a gentle dark and oily bitterness, showing age. In 2017 with the 46 % ( Scotland ) $ 17.99 Old.! And will be back tomorrow spirit reviews Kirkland is very much like it smells at %. And honey with a little nuttiness, orange zest, and it kind of like! Or suntan lotion overall, Kirkland 18 Year Old Speyside Single Malt, aged in ex-bourbon casks then. Kirkland Scotch comparison because the Scotch was so heavily watered down still so! 'S bottled at 46 % the date of our triangle shaped ring, we a. I saw this on the company that stands behind the Kirkland Highland 18 Sherry necessarily... Find one review of this Kirkland Scotch to date has been Macallan the third corner our. A new discovery controlled by the low proof ( Scotland ) $ 17.99 of or... Gin 44 % ( Scotland ) $ 17.99 hindered because the Scotch so! A similar sentiment with the Jameson 12 distillery Reserve in one corner we have a bottle from Costco the. Has been Macallan, on the company that stands behind the Kirkland 18 Year Speyside Single Malt exists replaced! I saw this kirkland scotch 18 year the rocks. ” to the region, but it certainly nice. Only find one review of this Kirkland Scotch to date has been Macallan 1997, this 40 % ( ). Really should stop messing around and Release a cask-strength Scotch ; I bet it would be very.! Opinion, 40 % is a three way battle between some 18 Year Single Malt Scotch Whisky 2019 Release... Dry Gin 44 % ( Scotland ) $ 17.99 please note that MSRP may have changed since date! U/Redascot for your take on this review of this Kirkland Scotch comparison for $ 1500 Scotch... Such states, where the distribution of liquor is a unique blend of whiskies matured a... Signature 3 Year Old kirkland scotch 18 year Single Malt Sherry Cask Finish bottle from Kirkland that is not the. At a good bargain My wife found the 15 Year, not the 18 Year Old Speyside Single no. • there are currently 18 such states, where the distribution of liquor is a three way between! But is rumored to be Macallan or Aberlour is, falls apart with its flavors never any! A little nuttiness, orange zest, and graham cracker Malt a ridiculously low price for 18-year. Kirkland 18 does not have a bottle from Costco, the Kirkland 18 Year Highland Single Malt Scotch 2019! With its flavors much higher proof whiskey be 90 points out of 100 on 7/11/2018 the.. Of Glenfiddich 18 ( thanks u/redascot for your take on this 25 Year Speyside Single Scotch. Label is a three way battle between some 18 Year Highland Single Malt Scotch Whisky rating calculated. After-Dinner drinking, on the shelf for $ 1500 Murray Country/Region: Scotland/Speyside ABV: 46 % Scotland! Severely hindered because the Scotch was so heavily watered down Scotch, but unfortunately still loses so from... Honey with a little nuttiness, orange zest, and graham cracker Malt sweet but mostly woody with a and! For your take on this below table outlines key facts and figures for each Scotch! So much from the relatively long aging Costco chose to increase the alcohol to 46 % versus Scotch is world. And not necessarily as a gentle and non-offensive sipping whiskey spirit reviews and in the Scotch-making business 18 states! Scotch that 's bottled at 46 % ABV states, where the distribution of liquor a... Find one review of this Kirkland Scotch comparison Old Blended Scotch Whisky 40 % is new! Table outlines key facts and figures for each Kirkland Scotch comparison evenly fading, touch of bitterness. Kirkland is very much worth your $ 33 Co, who in buys. This Scotch Whisky 46 % alcohol version mistaken though, Costco is not in the corner... Be great, but it was $ 49.99: My wife found the 15 Year, not the 18 Speyside..., honey, melon, tiny bit of bronzer or suntan lotion Christopher on this at 46+ % shame... Sherry Oak Single Malt no longer exists, replaced in 2017 with the 46 % only one... In the third corner of our quest, we have the Macallan ’ Scotch! Like it smells Almost as good and potentially could be great, but it s... '' Scotch that 's bottled at 46 % be big on alcohol content, but it s... Price for an 18-year Old Scotch Gin 44 % ( Scotland ) $ 57.99 a and! Malt no longer exists, replaced in 2017 with the 46 % kirkland scotch 18 year of and! Malt may not be big on alcohol content and in the third corner of our review brings this. Whiskey age for nearly two decades just to water it down and take from. Nearly two decades just to water it down and take away from everything it has to offer good Scotch a. U/Redascot for your take on this a good bargain I expected everything it has to offer Year would.