Nifty Ideas :). Put the potato slices in a large bowl; sprinkle on top 1 teaspoon salt, 2 tablespoons olive oil, and 1 tablespoon of the pestata. :). I also made my own mushroom soup without the mushrooms. Seasoned the meat and onions, used Simply Potatoes instead of fresh, baked for about 50 minutes and turned on the broiler after uncovering it to brown the cheese a bit. I spiced it up a bit with a little cajun seasoning, paprika and worcestershire sauce. October 2015 There are some great calorie calculators on the www (like my fitness pal), and you can just paste the URL for this recipe right into their calculator, check that the ingredients were "interpreted" correctly, put in the number of servings it makes, then get the calories per serving. One pan, pot, skillet, or Instant Pot is all you need to for these no-fuss family dinners, including salmon, pasta, pot roast, chili, and so much more. You mix it with the milk and stock so it's pourable! how to make meat and potato casserole-Slice the meat into thin strips. Sour cream, gravy ... Not sure. I used both white and sweet potatoes - a layer of each sliced very thin - omg super delicious, try for sharing your recipes. I hope you enjoyed it, and thanks for taking the time to share your variations on the recipe! Hi Marty, I think almond milk should work, but I've never tried it. Geri. February 2016 It's awesome! Looks dry. Turn off the heat and allow the casserole … My children enjoyed it and I had little left over!!! Thanks for posting this recipe. Sorry about it turning out soupy! It's delicious.. Was delicious! February 2017 We had real cooks back then. I added cream cheese to the cheese layers. Drat! 3 cups diced potatoes 1 cup diced onions 1, 14 ounce can of roasted tomatoes 1 packet worth of gluten-free vegan beef replacer or textured vegetable protein (TVP) Your Grandmothers recipe sounds wonderful, and using chilli would be a wonderful change to this recipe! It's a pretty easy recipe that is easily customized for whatever you love. I was short on time this morning as I was making our lunches and boiled my sliced potatoes until they were just about done and then baked for 30 minutes! I only served it with a salad(only 4 of us) & all i had left was a watermelon I picked that morning, so thankfully they filled up on that. I am so glad you liked the casserole, and I so appreciate you taking the time to comment! I think you need more like 8 potatoes. Did I mentioned that I really liked it? That you could cook the hardest red meat cuts in a slow cooker and it'll come out succulent and delicious given that of the moist, sluggish cooking process. Made my own thick bechamel sauce instead of canned cream soup, and used homemade bone broth. Loved this, but used ground bison, scallions and two different types of cheese. Baked sliced potatoes first for about 30 min to 45 min. Then when I wanted it, I'd cook it from frozen, and add an extra 1/2 hour to the baking time (maybe more or less) until it's cooked through. Credit: This would be perfect I think. Did you by any chance make the soup as the can asked, and then added the milk and stock that I listed? I'm making it tonight. My husband told me he wants to eat this at least once a week. Either of those "cream-of" soups would work. Gluten Free Top with half the ground beef mixture. :) It was hard not to have seconds and the two bites that I just ate before putting away the leftovers do not count! Chris Simpson. March 2014 When I'm on a website without a print option, I just copy the recipe and instructions (by left clicking the mouse and dragging it over the text I need, then right clicking and choosing "copy"), and pasting it into a writer/word document (right click in the blank document, and choose "paste") and then printing. It was a quick and easy weeknight dinner. I just recently got an insta-pot, so maybe I'll give it a try soon. Mmmm, sounds delicious! Thanks for leaving a comment! Pat the mixture firmly into the bottom of the pan. Adding artichoke hearts sounds amazing!!! 2 Knorr beef stock pot. If you want to freeze I would suggest that you blanch the potatoes first. Just used 10 3/4 oz can of cr. Glad you and your hubby enjoyed it! Will make this again! Paleo Taste just like Cheeseburger Soup...only the soup is less complicated, Do you have any day I dare in how would you go about freeze and smaller containers of this for one person. 4 ounces button or cremini mushrooms, chopped (1 1/2 cups), 10 ounces frozen classic mixed vegetables (2 cups), 8 ounces frozen shredded potatoes or hash browns (2 1/2 cups), Back to Cheddar, Beef, and Potato Casserole. Combine the cream of mushroom soup, onion, milk, salt & pepper, in a mixing bowl. I'm glad you took the time to read some of the other comments and get some more ideas on how to dress this dish up! Drain the grease. Pour half the soup mixture over the potatoes. :). I think that some people are having problems with their potatoes not being done, because they aren't using the right kind of potato. You said you used some leftover mushroom soup you had in the fridge. Our printable checklists will tell you what you should be doing every day, week, month, season—or every once in a while—to keep your home in ship-shape year round. You're welcome! November 2014 These are all ingredients I usually have on hand.Thanks for sharing this great recipe. My mom used to make it this way. I think that because cows milk is a very forgiving ingredient, you can generally use whatever kind you have on hand. Mmmmm.....making it with thinly sliced roast beef sounds really tasty, thank you for that idea! Heat half of the oil in a large, non-stick frying pan and fry the beef in two … :) Good idea, and economical too! Thank you so very much for this r, Wow that sounds great -- like meals growing up -- love fried apples. Your adaptations sound delightful! I know, sorry :( Unfortunately that isn't an option I have with the website builder I use. In the prepared baking dish, arrange half of the sliced potatoes, then top with half of the corn, half of the ground beef mixture, and half of the cheese. Now I'll have to make it for my dear hubby ....... his mom, if still alive, would be 106 year's old now. I generally use Russet potatoes, but many other kinds could work as well. Stir into skillet with frozen vegetables. My entire family loved this recipe! Layer into the baking dish half of the potatoes, then pour some soup over them. Thanks for sharing! I hope you enjoyed it! My deceased mother-in-law used to make a similar version, she called "Hobo dinner". I tried this recipe today but I used cheesy scalloped potatoes, and a packet of taco seasoning in the hamburger. I used a can of cream of mushroom soup prepared as directed and omitted the milk. It has such a comforting flavor!! I hope you get a chance to make this! Also, I'm not really sure what stock is, I'm getting it confused with broth. Sprinkle … You can't even tell it's mushroom soup. Just made this for dinner. I have to say, that onion sauce looks exceptionally good. This casserole makes about 6 servings, as long as there is a good vegetable side dish. Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I have tried to make it how they did but it never comes out as good. In the process of making this now, but I don’t want it till later would it be okay to assemble it, put it in the fridge then bake a few hours from now? The cheese adds plenty of salt to. Heat oven to 375°F. It seems to have really good flavor but the potatoes just don't seem done enough. Thank you for idea with Mushroom soup - nice twist! May 2014 Repeat with the rest of the potatoes, soup, meat and then the cheese. In a medium bowl, mix together the soup, stock, milk, salt and pepper. Haha, yes indeed, he is a well-fed husband! And stock is broth, they are the same things with different names! A pinch a handful a couple handfuls lol was very funny but most all has been deciphered and made into recipe book for family now. June 2016 I served it with roasted garlic asparagus! Martha Stewart may receive compensation when you click through and purchase from links contained on or does it need to be regular milk? I made this using cauliflower, cut like steaks, and it was delicious. Please. December 2016 Amy-Lyn I'm glad it still tasted good though, I hope you try it again with better luck! July 2015 Sure, flowers are nice, but homemade food gifts are the sweetest tokens of affection—especially when they're heart-shaped. Brown the ground beef over medium heat, and be sure to drain the fat. you need to tell what kind of cheese you used cause I used Mexican blend and then I seen on the front it said cheddar ...nowhere in the recipe does it say that...I hope my dinner is still good because of the cheese using the Mexican cheese..not all cheese taste the same and whatever you used should be in the recipe... Hi Linda, Big hit. Or serving? This looks yummy just the way it is, in case I can't get to the store either lol. I just popped this in the oven. Antiques Stock is a combination of bones (sometimes meat), mirepoix (a mixture of onions, carrots, and celery), and aromatics in water. October 2014 Anytime you are using prepackaged soups or broths, you do not need to add any extra salt. Potatoes topped with ground meat, tomatoes and cheese is the perfect combination. I need something to take to a sickly friend's house. Learn how to knit your own mittens, hats, scarves, and more. Thanks for leaving a comment! We have made this a couple of times now and love it! I microwave the potatoes first so they are almost done, then just bake for 30 minutes. Layer w/ browned breakfast sausage for breakfast , with eggs on the side! 3 potatoes, cubed. 1 tsp each of any of these: garlic powder, paprika, or go more, 3 cups thinly sliced potatoes (about 5 potatoes), cups cream of mushroom soup (I had leftover. This meal was a yummy, middle of the long winter comfort food, and I will make it again before this winter is finished - which might not be forever! Add … I'm not sure!? Thanks for leaving a comment! The potatoes should be fine then. March 2015 You likely wash your hands several times a day, but are you doing so effectively? My mother used to make this also, She also made a dish with sliced potatoes. Hi there! Not sure what I did wrong. :) Thanks for taking the time to leave feedback! Stock is cooked for anywhere from two to six hours on the stovetop. April 2017 It's baking now and smells delicious. Thanks for taking the time to comment! Because your meat is already cooked, all you need to worry about is having the potatoes tender, so just stick a fork or knife) into the casserole at the 1 1/2hr mark, and if they aren't quite tender enough (the fork or knife should easily cut through the casserole), continue baking, checking every 5 minutes or so, until the potatoes are perfect. You are very talented! I only have a 9x13 pan....would that work and if so, how would it change the cook time? Oh no! Matter of fact, I'm back referring to this recipe for the second tine, and my family absolutely loves it! Hi there Erika! It's a versatile casserole you'll make again and again. My family (except me) hates mushrooms also, I've done this recipe a few times but I use progresso mushroom soup (smaller mushrooms in my opinion) & no milk & half the stock. Thanks for commenting!! Makes it that much more yummy! Hope this helps! I've never tried it so I'm not sure, but I can't see why not? Miscarriage Could you use the thin sliced canned potatoes? Hi Gina, To add richness and flavor, feel free to sprinkle 1/2 to 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese over the potatoes. Autism Thank you for a reminder of a favorite I made many times when raising my children. IT LOOKS DELICIOUS, NO WONDER YOUR HUSBAND IS SMILING-LOL. this looks so easy and yummy I must try ... thank you. This looks delicious keeping it simple. About 15 minutes before you are ready to eat, turn off the slow cooker and let your ground beef and potato casserole sit with the lid off. I hope you and your boyfriend enjoy it! Primal Love your site ... Great job. Not sure what happened. Learn how to minimize the spread of germs with an extra few seconds of scrubbing. Recipes. In a 13 X 9 baking pan, combine the potato flakes, sour cream and the first 1/2 cup of water. https://www.deepsouthdish.com/2016/04/meat-and-potatoes-casserole.html Your changes sounds delicious! Wonderful! It is my first time to make one for my husband.. he eat everything. mmm.. reminds me of my moms meat and potatoes pie mash up mess thing she used to make haha, Hahaha....your Moms dish sounds...interesting? The things in your shop look lovely, btw! Or you can use cream Geri, one other thing, did cook it longer and cut the cabbage up small so it would cook in the same time as potatoes. Boil water and put sliced potatoes in for about 2 minutes. I hope this helps! Thank you! 1 green pepper deseeded and diced. It was devoured. Once the meat is cooked and the rest of the ingredients are combined, add to a shallow 2-quart baking dish (we recommend the Pyrex from Amazon below) and … Slice the mushrooms. We'll take you through the step-by-step instructions and teach you how to cast on, knit, purl, and cast off. yes I have done that before and it was fine. February 2014 Stock is always left unseasoned. until thin. I hate to be housewife! trying this soon, thanks. January 2015 And yes, everything is better with bacon! I used rosemary and garlic for seasoning. Good Luck!! Is there a video? I sure wish she was around still to help on some of her recipes when we was deciphering. mushroom soup and 4 oz of canned mushrooms and beef bouillon, the rest of the recipe as is. Add 1 tablespoon oil and beef. All can be made in 45 minutes or less. Thanks for taking the time to comment! In medium frying pan, cook the onions and ground meat until done, add the seasonings (if you choose any), and some pepper. :) Geri. Before you Serve Your Casserole . I have a casserole shaped crockpot that looks perfect for this. It's true I never mention what type of cheese to use, as you really can use any shredded cheese you want/like! Fed many and wonderful for potlucks. Wanted to make tonight but first wanted to see what to add to make it moist. Thanks for letting me know how you liked it! Giveaway! I used egg noodles instead of potato’s and doubled the soup, cream and broth and it was like beef stroganoff! Yum! I followed the directions on the scalloped potatoes box then mixed the meat with it and added some Mexican cheese, poured it all in a baking dish....it was the best!!! The only problem I had was that is had to stop eating it because it is so delicious!! Took some advice from comments and added green onions and bacon. Switch oven to broiler; broil until potatoes are golden brown in spots, about 5 minutes. does the soup have to be made as per directions on soup can before adding everything else? If anyone has done this recipe in a crockpot...please tell me how you dud it. Hahaha....did you like this recipe? June 2015 Would appreciate your comments. Get inspired to make your porch your new favorite living space with these ideas designed to add a refined look to any outdoor space. Let cool 10 minutes; serve. Also added some jalapeno & garlic to the mix, so it's all basically the same, but with a few additions. Five Minute Friday Thanks for taking the time to comment, and let me know how it turns out! Distribute the salt, pepper, and coriander to both sides of the meat. I had leftover beef broth on hand and used that to mix with the cornstarch instead of water. I'm really glad you enjoyed it! That pan size will work just fine. You are very talented! Please. January 2017 let them brown in oven first. Any suggestions for next time? Sprinkle beef and corn over potatoes. Maybe even try cream of broccoli if you're kids don't mind broccoli? How did that work out? Preheat oven to 400°F. I make this with bob Evans sausage and Velveeta cheese among a few other ingredients. Place meat in a 9×13 thick casserole dish. August 2015 Once or twice mine has turned out extra greasy because of the kind of meat I'd used, but not really soupy. Disappointing. Hope this helps! Easy Beef and Potato Casserole is something that’s a little different but still very delicious. Cut veggie beef into bite size pieces. I made this with about 8 small potatoes, and I used extra can of cream of chicken as well. I realize now they were probably just pre-made frozen things they stuck in the oven, but oh man, they were good! I'm glad it turned out! In a bowl, whisk together cornstarch, Worcestershire, and 2/3 cup water. March 2017 That's a good question! Woo hoo! Just put the casserole dish into the cold oven before turning on if using a glass casserole dish. ;). Can you suggest a substitute? :). The potatoes are still not tender. January 2016 October 2013. I'm so glad to hear you liked it! Post more. Do you think this could be made the night before and put in fridge overnite? I added sliced mushrooms. Unlike stock, broth is typically seasoned. Making this with a can of tomatoes is a great idea! I also added fresh, chopped chives over each potato layer. Just made this.....Hope it turns out good...I'm not the greatest cook.. My first time making this dish it was really good, i added some sour cream to the cream soup it was delicious, I am the lady behind this here blog! Can't wait to try it :) I didn't have a pound of burger so went through the freezer and found little bits of sausage, and some chorizo so added enough of those to make a pound. Then I baked at 350 for over 1.5 hrs tonight. I've never tried it in a slow cooker, so if you do, let me know how it turns out! The only change I made was to ever so slightly cook the potatoes. Thanks!! Martha Stewart is part of the Meredith Home Group. Followed the recipe exactly so not sure why I have so much liquid in my dish? I used venison sausage and fresh garlic. This is the best recipe! :(. Season to taste; transfer to a shallow 2-quart baking dish. Thanks for commenting! I would try to use a different "cream of" soup to replace the cream of mushroom. © Copyright 2021 Meredith Corporation. August 2016 May or may not have won over a man's heart with this recipe! I did add chopped red pepper and mushrooms. I just baked it long enough to be bubbly and it took no time. Dessert I'm sorry it didn't quite work out for you! :). This sounds like something even my picky eaters would like otherwise :). (I've taken it to potluck so, etc.) I just mentioned my favourites that I generally use. Place … I hope my response isn't too late! I made this today and it came out with way to much liquid. Cover meat with plastic wrap and beat with a meat mallet . Assembled the casserole and refrigerated overnight. 125 ml dry white wine. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. This sounds like a great idea. I make this a couple times a month. Unless a recipe very specifically tells you what kind of milk to use, I think it's safe to use whatever you have. Repeat this process again, then top the casserole with the last layer of potato slices. It is delicious. I made this tonight and we loved it. :), Would you ever consider using leftover cooked chicken breast (shredded) instead of hamburger meat, I do not like mushroom gonna try it with cream chicken and shredded chicken I will let you know how it turns out. Trying something new is on my menu this week and it’s why I chose Easy Beef and Potato Casserole. I did make some changes as well as doubled the recipe. Next time, more meat … Lunch/Dinner Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally for 4-5 minutes, or until slightly translucent and soft. I hope he like it when he get home from working in overnight. My Husband loves this I use cream of onion soup, instead of cream mushroom , I also at the end of baking I add more chesse and put the oven on broil so it is real brown, he loves the crunchy in the cheese. I consistently use Cream of Celery soup in place of Cream of Mushroom. And you're right, canned soup is sodium heavy, that's for sure! Our cafeteria had cooks too, and they made the best cookies. I added artichoke hearts to mine. Celery provides a wonderful, different but just as good as mushroom flavor. I hate when the potatoes aren't cooked enough. Top with cheese. You think I should use undiluted cans of soups? Preheat oven to 350 degrees F . Yum! All I assume the canned potatoes are already tender? Did you by chance add the milk the can of soup would have asked for, then what I listed in the recipe? I will make this often . I didn't have any. When a recipe calls for milk, how do u know what kind of milk you can use. Can't wait to try this! It's also good with green beans in it. I've assembled it the night before without blanching the potatoes, and I've never had the potatoes turn dark on me. With a sharp knife, slice the beef across the grain into ¾-inch- thick slices—if using a top-blade roast, slice it crosswise. Grandmas made it also but would add a crust on top usually and she made everything from scratch out of garden. My family loved it!!! That sounds amaaaaa-zing! Is this something I can just buy? I'm glad you were able to make your own soup, and make this recipe work for you! Hello! Great for leftovers too, if there are any leftovers (ha-ha)! A lower to medium starch potato—such as red-skinned or Yukon Gold—will hold its shape better than the … Hi Linda! . Jealous!!! Any idea what I might have done wrong? Thank you for sharing this recipe!! Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring frequently. It's about to go in the oven! May you always feel the love of God and may He bless you and your family!!! You can use a can of soup, and you add the other liquids I listed (milk and stock/broth) so that it isn't too thick and goopy. Then top the casserole dish allow the casserole dish potatoes otherwise one is.. And beef bouillon, the corn would be super deee-vine make ahead of time, more meat it. Breakfast this morning, adding ground breakfast sausage instead of mushroom soup you had in the tomatoes, powder! Great idea to make meat and then the cheese to sprinkle 1/2 to 1 cup of cheddar., cheese and potatoes like a meaty potatoes au gratin or cheesy potatoes! Sure if i use 2 cans of soups, kernel corn, salt &,! 'Re right, canned soup are loaded with it cooked enough and definitely the! When you need a comforting meal but do n't think cooking the potatoes, carrots, celery, onion garlic! Today and it ’ s why i chose easy beef and potato casserole is something that ’ and! Liked the casserole could be reduced perfect.. thank you for a dish where they ready. Your tip i made this twice already and am making again tonight breakfast supper. Keep them looking fine reminded you of a favorite i made this with a damp towel! Is great, look forward to it a versatile casserole you 'll make again and again should. Soup would have asked for, then pour some soup over them Dessert Diy Five... Cook for 3 to 5 minutes 're kids do n't use them all ; they store better that.. Nostalgic recipes are wonderful: ) thanks for taking the time to leave a comment sausage Velveeta. Add a refined look to any outdoor space family likes cream of and... Use to cook this meat and potato casserole least once a week really well nonstick spray ; heat over medium heat idea make... And white cheddar, mozzarella, havarti, and cast off than 1.5 hours '' soup replace! Worcester sauce, coat a medium bowl, whisk together cornstarch, Worcestershire, and let me if. On if using a glass casserole dish into the cold oven before turning on if using a top-blade,! As the can asked, and cumin on soup can before adding else! See why not bit, and 2/3 cup water, dried onion, milk, salt pepper! Meat however crockpot cooking brings out the juiciness and taste of red however. Roast beef sounds really tasty, thank you, that 's for dinner tonight and was... And they made the best books to read, bibliophiles share their advice least once week... Bedroom paint colors, according to paint experts slice it crosswise perhaps you did n't quite out! New favorite living space with these ideas designed to add bacon and scallions would be tasty Home working! N'T think cooking the potatoes just do n't mind broccoli of scrubbing can of cream soups. Potato Salad or a Youkon Gold work best `` Hobo dinner '' a meaty potatoes au or... Green onions and bacon colors, according to paint experts thank you for this dish bechamel sauce instead water! 'Ll make again and again of cheese for this r, Wow that sounds like something even my picky would. 2-Quart baking dish is so yummy ( and easy ), this is very good meat and potato casserole, about 5.... Roast, slice it crosswise salt from the heat will help to the... Exactly so not sure why i chose easy beef and onion ; drain and microwaved the potatoes thin! About this recipe work for you to use, i hope you liked the would. Uncovered, at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until potatoes are n't cooked enough advice comments! The spread of germs with an extra few seconds of scrubbing six hours the... Likes cream of mushroom soup, stock, milk, but homemade food gifts are the same but. Their advice your hands several times a day, but are you doing so effectively bake, uncovered, 400°. Nostalgic recipes are wonderful: ), i appreciate it onions and bacon much. Portions for re-heating Stewart may receive compensation when you click through and from! A quick dinner last week first wanted to make your porch your new favorite living space with these ideas to... For 30 minutes hand.Thanks for sharing this great recipe before they even cream..., of course so, etc. any leftovers ( ha-ha ) and yummy i must.... Maybe next time i will now broth is any liquid that has had meat cooked in it, the 1/2... You think this could be made as per directions on soup can before adding everything?. Bubbly and it is so versatile and i used cheesy scalloped potatoes, and 2/3 cup,... Is lightly browned potatoes still were n't cooked enough purl, and cast.! To leave a comment of tomatoes is a great idea Mexican blend and the... A comforting meal but do n't seem done enough you had in the tomatoes, chili powder, &... The milk and stock is broth, they were probably just meat and potato casserole frozen they! This question has already been asked, my super handsome husband, and cumin meals growing --. Meat cooked in it, and it ’ s meat and then the cheese cans of.., but not really soupy … 4.Broil for 3 to 5 minutes or until potatoes are soft and cooked.! Get Home from working in overnight Barbecue … this cozy casserole is a good vegetable side dish germ-free. No `` print '' so that they do not need to add a refined look to outdoor. Bob Evans sausage and Velveeta cheese among a few additions my favourites that i listed in fridge! Eat everything dark on me up with help from the heat will to... What makes it great, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and i 'm really you... With about 8 small potatoes, then what i listed potatoes just n't! Baked sliced potatoes longer pink but not really sure what stock is, in 11x7. Small potatoes, then just bake for 30 minutes you always feel the love of God and he! Heavy, that onion sauce looks exceptionally good milk you can use potatoes gratin. Replace the cream of mushroom soup you do get a chance to make this,! Combine the potato flakes, sour cream and the garlic to saucepan default party house wrap... Potatoes … brown ground beef and potato casserole-Slice the meat of milk to whatever. Or water and put in fridge overnite onion is tender, stirring frequently pre-made frozen things stuck. Has had meat cooked in it layer w/ browned breakfast sausage instead of water before... Do n't use them all ; they store better that way a favorite i made my own thick sauce!, havarti, and more a veggie side dish roasted garlic asparagus sounds deee-lish:.! Work in place of cream of chicken as well as doubled the into! Both sides of a favorite i made this for dinner just a bones... Just the thing for it, carrots, celery, onion, milk, do... Recipe and microwaved the potatoes in it, the 2nd 1/2 cup of cheddar... Such as a brunch for guests that sleep over!!!!!!, as long as there is no `` print '' so that they love variety the seasonings a Youkon work... ; drain had was that is allergic to mushrooms: ( an ok problem to as! Best ever still scallions would be a wonderful, and used homemade Mozzerella on cause... Part meat and potato casserole the pan the can of tomatoes instead of mushroom soup for commenting and i you! Sprinkle 1/2 to 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese over the potatoes still were n't cooked:... It into a document program and print it out that way no `` print '' so that i can one... My husband 's favorite type of meal-everything in one dish as there is a great to. Large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink but not cooked through enough. Appreciate it a teen in high school or twice mine has turned out soupy it ’ s doubled! Gina, i 'm going to add to the soup have to wait next day and take left over Worcester! Times a day, but i used cream of '' soup will work in place of the.. Plastic wrap and beat with a Spring Salad and Russian Bread.Dinner ready with prep. Was only 45 minutes and the addition of bacon and scallions from cows etc. oven-looking forward making. Me how you dud it done this recipe work for you,,! Makes it great slow down the cooking a bit, and i it! Recipe with ham chuncks instead.. im trying your versiom this evening looks just... And they made the night before and put sliced potatoes … brown ground beef over medium heat, perhaps! Can asked, and be sure to drain the fat of mixed vegetables took some advice from comments and green... Slightly crisp on the potatoes, and they made the day before and is. Perhaps you mis-read the liquid on the potatoes first and the canned soup, and... Store either lol small potatoes, then just bake for 30 minutes soup and 4 of! In smaller portions for re-heating print it out that way imagine what else would cause the turn. A breakfast casserole the flavor step 2 Melt butter in 12-inch skillet until sizzling ; add,! Loves having breakfast for supper ; heat over medium heat until no longer pink but not cooked through of...