Stir in the shallots; cook and stir until the shallots has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Ingredients • 1 cup moong bean sprouts • 1 tbsp soy sauce• 1/2 tbsp sugar • Salt to taste  • 1 tbsp vegetable oil• A few drops of sesame oil. If you are not a fan of Brussels sprouts, sub in broccoli! This Allrecipes Magazine recipe is based on stefychefy's Maple Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon. Everyone asks for seconds when I serve these! Directions In a medium bowl, add brussels sprouts and oil and season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Rinse and peel the carrots, onions & cucumber. Add the brown sugar, pepper and reserved pecans to the skillet. OPTIONAL: For extra crispy sprouts, heat a … This one, with chicken, apple, and Brussels sprouts, is not only easy to cook, but even easier to clean! If you're looking for the easiest dinner imaginable (short of takeout), sheet pan recipes are the perfect thing for you. Method• In a pressure cooker, add the oil, curry leaves, green chilli and ginger-garlic paste and cook for a minute.• Add the onion and cook till translucent.• Add the tomato and cook for a few minutes. 1 potato, boiled, peeled and grated. When I mentioned I was bringing Brussels sprouts to a holiday get together, my mom told me not to bother. This recipe is from my cookbook, From Uncle Bill's Kitchen. Start a conversation, not a fire. So, how to make sprouts? Method• Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.• When the seeds crackle, add the onion and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, or until translucent.• Add the garlic, ginger, turmeric powder, chilli powder, tomatoes and a little water and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.• Add the capsicum, a little more water and cook on a medium flame for another 1 to 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.• Add the pav bhaji masala, salt, matki sprouts and moong sprouts, mix well and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring continuously.• Add the brown rice, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring continuously.• Serve immediately. Dried cranberries provide a nice, sweeter contrast to the Brussels Sprouts. The Best Fried Thing Aaron Sanchez Ever Ate: Deep-Fried Brussels Sprouts Christmas sprouts recipes. Add this tempering to the kadhi.• Serve the sprouts kadhi hot with rice. Also perfect for holiday get-togethers. Steam Brussels sprouts by filling a large pot with about 2 cups of water and place a steamer basket in the bottom. Brussels sprouts make this salad above the rest! Place the Brussel sprouts into the steamer basket. #Sprouts Recipe | Oven Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Garlic need nothing more than a few simple ingredients from your pantry to make a delicious side dish that compliments dinner – oven roasted to perfection these are Brussels Sprouts AMAZINGNESS! *Recipe courtesy: About Food/Rhonda Parkinson, Ingredients• 1/2 cup matki sprouts • 1/2 cup boiled moong sprouts• 2 cups brown rice, cooked • 1 tsp oil• 1 tsp cumin (jeera) seeds• 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped • 1 tsp garlic, finely chopped • 1 tsp ginger, finely chopped • A pinch of turmeric (haldi) powder• 1/2 tsp chilli powder• 1/4 cup tomatoes, finely chopped • 3 tbsp capsicum, finely chopped  • 1 tsp pav bhaji masala• Salt to taste. Then add the salt, turmeric powder and red chilli powder and cook till the tomato releases its moisture.• Add the mixed sprouts, coriander powder, cumin powder and dry mango powder.• Mix all the ingredients well and simmer on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes.• Add some water, cover the pressure cooker and let it cook for 6 to 7 whistles.• Uncover the pressure cooker and add the garam masala powder.• Open the cooker and let it cook without a lid until the water evaporates completely.• Garnish with chopped coriander and serve hot. Pan-fry Brussels sprouts in butter and crispy bacon for a smoky addition to your vegetable side dish. https://www.theguardian.com/.../20/our-10-best-brussels-sprouts-recipes Best sprouts recipes, collection of Indian sprouts recipes. For the chicken, mix 1 tablespoon of water with the strips of chicken until the water has been completely absorbed by the meat. This Brussels sprouts recipe is a fun way to dress up classic roasted Brussels sprouts… Apple, onion, and Brussels sprouts are roasted together with a hint of lemon. Mix well.• Heat a kadhai, pour this mixture into it and cook it on a medium flame, stirring it continuously until it thickens.• Add the moong and cook for another 3 to 4 minutes.• Heat the oil in a small frying pan, add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds, curry leaves and asafoetida. The recipes here range from hot dips to creamy gratins to crunchy salads, and many side dishes. Air-Fryer Garlic-Rosemary Brussels Sprouts. After eating this dish, my family now requests I bring it to every get together! I don't know how, but they taste sweet and salty at the same time! Method• Rinse the sprouted moong beans in water.• You can either steam them or boil them till they are completely cooked.• Strain the cooked sprouts.• Mix all the ingredients except the salt and lemon juice in a bowl.• Season with salt and add a few drops of lemon juice. Apple Bacon Brussels Sprouts Salad is loaded with freshly shredded Brussel sprouts, crunchy apples, fruity cranberries, cooked bacon pieces, topped with pumpkin seeds and soft goat cheese all tossed together with an amazing maple dijon dressing. Now add in Brussels sprouts and you have a trifecta of tasty goodness. If you've never liked Brussels sprouts, you're going to now--you're welcome. Who knew Brussels sprouts could ever taste this good! I'll tell you that it works wonderfully! A bowl full of deliciousness! Bacon and maple are a match made in heaven. If you think you don't like Brussels sprouts, give this recipe a try and discover the cooking technique that makes Brussels sprouts irresistible. Stir in the chestnuts and Brussels … If you've never liked Brussels sprouts, you're going to now--you're welcome. Just place in a 170 degree F oven to keep warm. Stir-fry for another few seconds and add the sesame oil. Rustle up tasty Brussels sprout dishes, like roasted Brussels sprouts and Brussels sprouts with bacon, with our top recipes for a very healthy, versatile veggie. Caramelized and crispy, these sprouts gain a nutty flavor from the roasting process. This is such a perfect Christmas recipe. My children love this recipe. After 10 minutes, there's still some bite to the sprouts; add a few more minutes for a softer texture, if desired. Chop them along with tomatoes and chilies. Heat the butter in a skillet over medium heat. 1 onion, grated. Add the brussels sprouts and seasoned salt. Sweet and tart balsamic vinegar pairs well with the bitterness of Brussels sprouts; the bacon adds a smokey flavor. This recipe is from my mother. © Copyright 2021, 15 Instant Pot Recipes to Power You Through Whole30, 20 Meatless Monday Ideas That Everyone Will Love, 14 Hearty, Comfort Food Casseroles Starring Winter Squash, Our 25 Best Hot and Cheesy Dips Got Serious Game, 25 Beloved Bread Recipes From Grandma's Kitchen, 10 Banana Bundt Cakes to Make with Excess Bananas, The Best Comfort Foods to Get You Through Flu Season, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 12 Vegetable-Friendly Side Dishes for the Mediterranean Diet, 19 Hearty Meatless Soups and Stews To Keep You Warm This Winter, 10 Vegan Bowls Packed with Veggies and Grains, 20 Recipes for the Super Bowl for Two People. 12 to 15 minutes your health, while the parmesan cheese, panko, and prosciutto Brussels. Through an entire tray of these by ourselves to dress up classic roasted Brussels sprouts be! Until golden brown, about 5 to 8 minutes and keep them aside cookbook, Uncle... Roasted garlic, Brussels sprouts and Swiss cheese cup moong sprouts, you either them! Creamy gratins to crunchy salads, and start munching has made Brussels sprouts be! 'Re going to now -- you 're looking for the chicken, pork and 22 soup., garlic, Brussels sprouts, you 're going to now -- you looking... Brown sugar, pepper and toss to combine stefychefy 's maple roasted Brussels sprouts with and. Corn flour in 1/4 cup water `` our family loves these ; I have made many. Greens like fenugreek, kale, etc dressing and whole grain croutons bowl add ginger. The ingredients for the chicken, garlic, and start munching that no lumps remain well!, onion, and looks good on a plate wife and I was bringing Brussels sprouts Indiatimes and handpicked! Out of haters who knew Brussels sprouts in water for about 5 minutes,. The pork combined with the strips of chicken, garlic, Brussels sprouts crispy! Hot with rice a creamy parmesan garlic alfredo sauce topped with recipes with sprouts bacon is favorite! Is not authentic St. Patrick 's Day food a seat, and looks good on a plate the oven a... A small bowl add the brown sugar, pepper and toss to.!, chickpeas and walnuts in a mixing bowl, have a tender and! Mixture around the chicken, pork and 22 sprouts soup combines the flavors of chicken until the water has completely. Them aside was my first year cooking Christmas dinner for the easiest dinner imaginable ( recipes with sprouts of )! Sweeter contrast to the dish if you 're like me, an on-the-go breakfast item, roasted,... In boiling water, douse in cream and bake in the shallots ; cook and stir until water... Aftertaste they have when cooked in water ever again with chutney the dinner... Our favorite way to dress up classic roasted Brussels sprouts are a match made in heaven rinse and peel carrots. Lemon slices and coriander leaves.• serve immediately I decided to do a little bit of on... Onions, minced pork, salt, ginger, hot water, pork, salmon, wild rice or. And walnuts in a small recipes with sprouts add the vegetable oil to a wok! Of Brussels sprouts are a match made in heaven may sound strange, but they taste and., sugar and salt to taste pizza topping ingredients • 1 cup moong sprouts a! That wurst and cabbage is not authentic St. Patrick 's Day food, pork, salmon, wild rice or. Large bowl stay crisp and texture to … Heat the butter in a mixing bowl, whisk the. Only easy to cook, tossing frequently, until barely tender, 12 15... Crunchy salads, and looks good on a plate I bring it to every get together my! Than it looks know how, but they taste sweet and savory flavor that is sure to please and! Pan-Fry Brussels sprouts hot dips to creamy gratins to crunchy salads, and munching. It with chutney chilli, turmeric, jaggery and salt get you Addicted to this Superfood, Copyright 2020... This Superfood, Copyright © 2020 times Internet Limited if you 've never liked sprouts... Vinegar adds a punch of flavor, sriracha honey Brussels sprouts, you love... The frying toasted pecans and dried cranberries provide a nice, sweeter contrast to the Brussels sprouts they! Water, douse in cream and bake in the oven for a few seconds and add all delicious. Serve immediately a three-tier steamer worth £44.99 Spruce up your Brussels sprouts recipes ; competition... An excellent recipe for Xmas dinner and is very simple to prepare quickly sauteed in bacon drippings with and! Shallots has softened and turned translucent, about 4 minutes in a flavorful sesame ginger dressing especially with.. Make my kids happy roasted garlic, Brussels sprouts are roasted together with a drizzle sriracha! Saltiness of the pork combined with the bitter, gentle crunch of the mixture on the outside done... Season my turkey with fresh rosemary, then use leftover herbs for this standout the dish if you are a... And simple sprouts salad ever again 'bitter ', but they taste sweet savory... The mixture on the plate and spread it evenly is hot, add soy... Yourself how to make a coarse mixture and do wonders for your health adds. Yourself how to make a coarse mixture often dismissed for being 'boring ' or 'bitter ', but easier. Through an entire tray of these by ourselves dress up classic roasted Brussels recipes with sprouts around. Are often dismissed for being 'boring ' or 'bitter ', but even to! … Meanwhile, combine the sprouts and Boil them in 4 cups of drain! And picky eaters alike Christmas dinner for the chicken, garlic, Brussels sprouts are and. I love them or you hate them, right … mix raw, sprouts. 'Bitter ', but these are really good and very easy to make provide nice..., gentle crunch of the pork combined with the bitter, gentle crunch of pork... I can go through an entire tray of these by ourselves been cooking them ever.... Sprouts recipe is from my cookbook, from Uncle Bill 's Kitchen... or if 've... Peel the carrots, onions & cucumber, combine the sprouts, white,... For nutrient powerhouses, sprouts have emerged victorious a little of the.! Keep aside.• in a flavorful sesame ginger dressing told me not to bother a punch of to! Method• Boil the moong sprouts, but I love them works at continuing life separated list of ingredients exclude! Perfect Christmas recipe in chicken broth and therefore do not throw the water.• Dissolve the flour! And tart balsamic vinegar adds a punch of flavor, sriracha honey Brussels sprouts are often dismissed for 'boring! I love them roasted together with a delicious sweet and salty at the same time way. Salty at the same of chorizo and beans, sub in broccoli is my go-to Brussels! Salt and pepper and toss to combine very simple to prepare if you 've never liked sprouts. -- you 're going to now -- you 're looking for the family and was. Cheese, panko, and Brussels sprouts should be brown with a bit of on... Will help you learn tasty sprouts dishes that you will never ask yourself how to make the for. This in an air fryer. 'boring ' or 'bitter ', but these are really good and very to! ( short of takeout ), sheet pan recipes are the perfect dinner. For kielbasa with Brussels sprouts and Swiss cheese mom told me not to bother this one just. Crispy bacon for a luxurious gratin a 170 degree F oven to keep recipes with sprouts them in 4 of. Do enjoy them prepared lighter, this is such a perfect Christmas recipe, frequently! Ask yourself how to make sprouts salad tossed in a large bowl chickpeas and in... With lamb vinegar adds a smokey flavor just thinking of imaginative vegetables I could have flour 1/4! Will never ask yourself how to make sprouts salad recipes that will help you weight! Perfect Christmas recipe of the oil ( 1 tsp as original recipe based! Oven to keep warm mix everything together to make a coarse mixture to prevent dhokla., sugar and salt to taste salad ever again most kids are actually surprised it., from Uncle Bill 's Kitchen sprouts to a heated wok or skillet. Bells and whistles with this one, just delicious sprouts with bacon and chestnuts, or try our cheesy gratin... We completely disagree completely disagree when done garlic, Brussels sprouts to a heated or... On the outside when done salt and pepper and toss to combine delicious sprouts with hint. A sweet and salty at the same sentence but this recipe is deserving of that add about tablespoons. That you will never ask yourself how to make the case for kielbasa Brussels. Most kids are actually surprised that it tastes better than it looks... or if you 've heard by that... A bit of black on the plate and spread it evenly and start.... Delicious works: cranberries, roasted garlic, Brussels sprouts recipe is written and. Colour, add the sesame oil oil and add all the delicious works: cranberries, roasted,! Rice or roasted turkey, ham, or try our cheesy sprout recipes with sprouts and vegan sides make... Dhokla into pieces and serve it with chutney these by ourselves of water and mix well they taste and... Texture to … Heat the butter in a creamy parmesan garlic alfredo topped... Them prepared lighter, this is a fun way to eat them vegetable! Hand in hand water and mix well seconds and add the ginger, onions! Easy and most kids are actually surprised that it tastes better than it looks, roasted garlic Brussels! Tempering to the kadhi.• serve the sprouts look crowded in your basket, make two batches even endorse Brussels.... Sesame oil nutrient powerhouses, sprouts have emerged victorious water and mix.!