Do you care if there is a downtown? We use data, analytics, and a sense of humor to determine quality of life for places across the nation. Safe Harbor Properties, LLC at Governor Place has rental units ranging from 669 … Unemployment Rate: 6.8% (13th worst) I have lived in Illinois, Florida, Washington state, Japan, Guam, and now I am in Kentucky..Originally, I was in West Virginia. My health and my families health are too important to risk it for a good job. I was offered a job with the VA in Clarksburg a couple years ago, after finding out about the fracking and doing some research I declined the job offer. I don’t see it anymore. Clarksburg has no entertainment of any sort. Crime is everywhere and in today’s society a town should be judged on so much more. I’ve lived in Harrisonburg and Winchester, VA Martinsburg, WV (I’m batting 1000 on your list!) Best Places To Raise A Family In West Virginia, one of the fastest growing places in the state, one of the best places in the Mountain State for singles, Download The Entire West Virginia Ranking Data, Towns -- Populations between 1,000 and 5,000. Yes, I agree! Or, the one with the lowest crime rate? New Martinsville? I live in clarksburg and it is one of the worst cities I have ever been in my entire life. Meanwhile, life in Elkins is affordable. It's now home to several aerospace companies and many oil and gas companies; so, when you see that $222,800 price tag for a home here, don't shed a tear, the median income in Bridgeport is $84,382/year.eval(ez_write_tag([[468,60],'homesnacks_com-box-4','ezslot_6',109,'0','0'])); Bridgeport has some pretty great schools, too. This list is laughable: Pea Ridge is indeed a geographic location near Barboursville , however most of it carries a Huntington zip code (no PO on Pea Ridge Road). And now you'll have to excuse us, after reading up about so much West Virginia culture, we really need to try a pepperoni roll. Book your tickets online for the top things to do in Jefferson City, Missouri on Tripadvisor: See 14,405 traveler reviews and photos of Jefferson City tourist attractions. NO ONE teaches the DUTIES that are required to live in the U.S. Freedom isn’t free. Unemployment Rate: 6.6% (15th worst) Lol..when I saw Pea Ridge on the list, I was thinking “isn’t that a shopping center or a strip mall, or something?”…. eval(ez_write_tag([[580,400],'homesnacks_com-medrectangle-3','ezslot_0',143,'0','0']));A lot of the towns in the top ten have low crime, affordable housing, and good schools. Charleston has a horrible infrastructure. So what happens in 5-10 years when these companies are done fracking? Washington Irving Middle School might win games, but that does not make clarksburg a good place. You can’t go anywhere without seeing druggies with their babies on street corners shooting up with the others. The first Saturday of every May, Louisville becomes the center of the sports world with the running of the Kentucky Derby, a major local event. and Pittsburgh, PA. Philippi, when compared to the expensive housing and dense traffic in other areas, Barbour County is a welcomed change of pace. Probably because the cost of living here is super affordable, they don't have to constantly look over their shoulders because it's crazy safe here, and education is a priority for the entire city. For sure Clarksburg is at the bottom of the trash can.Most every store is for sale/rent. “It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. Unemployment Rate: 11.0% (4th worst) We broke crime down into violent crime and property crime to give violent crime a larger weight -- if you did a simple calculation of all crimes per capita, property crimes are normally 7x more common and really bias that ranking. We bet that the mountains and the hollers won't be the only attributes that define West Virginia after you read about the #3 best place to live in the state. It is home to the University of Louisville and is a busy air cargo hub. While we don’t have all of the preferred economic indicators, I certainly wouldn’t call the towns the “worst.” There are a wealth of opportunities awaiting discovery. Teays Valley has a post office but its name is Scott Depot. I can live without “entertainment”. If you all don’t believe this list spend some time in Martinsburg. Don’t freak out we updated this article for 2021. Try working for your living & forgetting the retirement coming in—then see how comfortable your life is, there. You can download the data here. Would someone please just respond to this email by telling me why on earth someone feels the need to write articles about the “worst” ANYTHING?? Not a single grocery store. Population density is a positive? Now that we had our set of cities, it was time to rank them. My friend lives a few cities up north of Wheeler. Unemployment Rate: 16.7% (worst) The issues is not the state the issue is the drugs the unemployment rate and the fact the government is supporting all this is a shame. Got questions? I am so surprised that Beckley tops the list for the worst places to live. Slavery is live and well in the democrat party. If you've been looking for a place to live in the past several years, you've probably stumbled upon his writing already. In contrast with Beckley, Grafton is pretty solid in the crime department; only slightly below average. The unemployment rate in the region is 6.8%. can can flip people off if they as where we are from. Yet, we all know with certainty that some places in West Virginia are more wonderful than others. New Martinsville sits in a relatively rural region. You embarrass yourself and are not taken seriously. Planning on moving to WV next year from California. Give me a break! However, the crime is better than average, at least. I’ll be interested to see your reply. We use data, analytics, and a sense of humor to determine the dirt on places across the country. I love Beckley and in my opinion, it is the BEST city in West Virginia. He originally worked for Movoto Real Estate as the director of marketing before founding HomeSnacks. Because of the cost of living in Virginia and Maryland we would be stupid not to buy here and drive in to work. But having the 13th worst crime, some of the worst weather, and basically, not a lot to do for fun puts Clarksburg toward the top of the list. I stay to myself because the only thing I see are drug ridden ignorant people who consider themselves God fearing Christians who know nothing of the Bible or politics but could tell you about pills, meth, weed and who has what not to mention white trash gossip of meaningless things. So to create our ranking, we broke places to live into three tiers: This left us with 26 cities, 127 towns, and 176 small towns. Next, we averaged the rankings into one "Worst Place To Live Score". Definitely not! My family lives there,in Clarksburg, and they have a very nice house, nice neighborhood, their kids go to a nice school, and the school is always doing community service projects to make their surroundings look nice! Unemployment Rate: 10.5% (5th worst) Neither myself nor my husband are natives-we chose to live & raise our child in WV. To figure out how bad a place is to live in, we only needed to know what kinds of things people like and then decide what cities have the least amount of those things. St Albans for the next 5 years and Beckley for the next 9 years. We think that any of them would be a great place to put down roots as a family in West Virginia. I think the mountains and countryside are gorgeous however I think the governor made a gross error allowing fracking; it was a temporary fix to a sluggish economy and in the end the people in WV will pay dearly for it. I would agree with you James. !people need to move there to VA cause 90% are very weird EVERYONE ….I also hate that they are a bunch of weird bible thumpers who need to get over it…..ughhhh cant stand that they need better zoning and put all the local bums to a wooded area where others cant see the locals it would also be fare to say yes there pay sucks cause they only hire friends and family and keep it all weird…im just saying lots of my friend’s also agree..if those citys hiried new people and played right “”like pay good”” it would work also if they made the town MORE things to like as in mall’s and regular store’s it would work…and get rid of all the old timers this is our city BS …y’all don’t own the city …..stop adding that prayer charm bulsh*t..THANKS, Trust me the pictures he posted are right the towns are so borning and not very historical when there’s a bunch of hillbillies everywhere…hahahaaaaa. If you're curious enough, here are the best cities to live in West Virginia: Bridgeport (Pop. Downtown Jefferson City from across the Missouri River in Jefferson City, Missouri. Pea Ridge and Teays Valley are unincorporated areas with some population. How would you like that!? 8,556) Vienna (Pop. If there is unemployment, let’s put the blame on our national leadership and federal government. Oak Hill places 8th in our ranking of the worst places to live in West Virginia. Actually, I found all of this amusing. According to science, Parkersburg is the 9th worst place you can live in West Virginia. Charleston is a seaport city in the state of South Carolina in the United States of America. When my sister lived in New Jersey I kept thinking I needed to get out of there faster when I visited. The crime rate is below the national average with a majority of the crimes reported property related.eval(ez_write_tag([[300,250],'homesnacks_com-leader-1','ezslot_13',112,'0','0'])); Population: 7,333Rank Last Year: 9 (Up 2)Median Home Value: $98,400 (15th best)Unemployment Rate: 5.0% (5th best)More on Dunbar: Real Estate | Crime Report | Cost Of Living. Safe Kids Worldwide is dedicated to protecting kids from unintentional injuries. Using the word “science” doesn’t just magically make your list credible. How far do you have to drive to shop? It has been proven that the single biggest predictor of someone being poor is coming from a single parent household. It's also super safe in Wheeling. Population: 9,889 You never even mentioned Ripley. I’m Canadian and every year when I drive to Florida through West Virginia I am in disbelief of how many red necks and low budge people we see in WV. On top of that, residents have the 2nd-worst commute of any place in the state. If the government would drug test everyone before giving assistance then we wouldn’t have this unemployment problem and the guys you say are not taking no for an answer would be at work and not on the street. The education category is where Grafton really loses marks -- it ranks dead last in overall education score and has the highest (read worst) student-teacher ratio in the state. Don’t know how you equate slavery to Democrats. Population: 15,553 The town of 5,162 people offers more than a pleasant view, however. Why are Wheeling's 27,062 residents so happy and friendly all of the time? Clarksburg schools are not cocky towards other schools. How did you determine which “cities” to use for the purpose of this list? Two different real estate agents told us that prices were elevated due to the fracking and oil companies in the area. How about focusing on something positive about WV? Let me preface this by saying almost everyone I know in this town loves living in Charlottesville. Probably why they moved there from the other “not so cheap” states to live, because they HAVE REGULAR INCOME. Ranking based on Niche's 2020 Best Suburbs to Live Ranking and includes only suburbs that earned strong Crime & Safety grades. We firmly decided no, that just isn't fair. But Martinsburg does have one good thing going for it -- the most days of sunshine of any place in West Virginia. THERE IS A PROBLEM HERE! Hotels near West Virginia Junior College - Charleston, WV Hotels near Garnet High School Hotels near University of Charleston Hotels near BridgeValley Community and Technical College Hotels near Mountain State School-Massage Hotels near Carver Career and Technical Education Center Hotels near Ben Franklin Career Center Dunbar, WV Hotels near Everest Institute Cross Lanes RCB might win games, but that does not make Clarksburg a good place. DO YOU KNOW WHAT A MAP IS? I was born and raised here and I can tell you how it USE TO BE and what is different now. Median Home Value: $81,100 (2nd worst) 60% of the cities limited violent crime to less than one incident per 1,000, with Coopertown boasting the lowest violent crime rate, 0.2. Population: 5,050 City population: 81,889 Share of population 65+: 9.1% Cost of living for retirees: 13.8% below the national average Average income for population 65+: … Huntington this year was a quarterfinalist for 50,000 population category of Americas Best Cities. Have you ever thought of that?! It pained me to read this article. Population: 7,072Rank Last Year: 11 (Up 3)Median Home Value: $122,800 (9th best)Unemployment Rate: 6.4% (9th best)More on Elkins: Real Estate | Cost Of Living. Every town and country we lived in has its bad parts as do these on the list but great parts as well. Jefferson City cares about the health and safety of every member of our community. In name only. The only reason we moved to back to WV was affordable housing and the military tax break for retired vets and this part of the state is alive and close to the things we don’t want in our backyard but can drive quickly to get to. Read on below to see how we crunched the numbers and see how your city fared in 2021. How you going to tell me the town that’s safer than 97% of cities and towns in the country is bad? Honestly, have you nothing better to do? I am a citizen of Philippi, WV, the 4th worst place to live according to your “science.” Your secondary analysis of the data isn’t in question. Good job. Now had those folks voted for Hillary things would have looked up. Why not look at cancer rates based by city year over year by % percentages?, oh yea, hit a nerve, getting robbed of your life is far worse than crime in small cities! Your email address will not be published. Roadsnacks doesn’t have a clue! There's a lot more to West Virginia than rural highways and byways; matter of fact, where the WV Byway 25 meets the WV Highway 60 is the 9th best place to live in the state, St. Albans. This listing in my opinion is flawed. Not to mention, this hard work mentality must be trickling down into the Wheeling's schools, as this is most evident in their eleven--yes, eleven National Blue Ribbon Schools. I have lived in Beckley for 31 years and have enjoyed the peacefulness of the area. Also the,crime rate and drug issues are horrible. Try going to Charlotte winstonsalem reliegh hickory or try anywhere in Georgia Florida Alabama Virginia Tennessee etc. Rank Last Year: 13 (Up 6) After researching over 26 places in West Virginia, we were left with this set of top ten based on data from the FBI and Census on quality of life indicators. All they do is drink, do drugs and panhandle for cigs and booze money. We then decided, no matter how much anyone loves their town, the best cities to live in West Virginia have more of everything and therefore you need to have over 5,000 people to truly be 'the best'. Additionally, the poverty level is 20.7% in Moundsville. Obviously, you do need an education. But what city or town holds the distinction of being the best place to live in West Virginia? Keyser's situation is very similar to others on the list; bottom of the barrel scores in unemployment, income, and crime, with decent education statistics keeping it from the very top of this list. LAME… ” Who needs a decent chance at life right?, one must have clean water, lets face it WV is so far behind, that most people do not have water, because its contaminated by mines and frack wastes, they only test for chemicals they know are in the waters, so when they taste something out of the ordinary they just increase the chlorine levels, says all of Charleston.” How about where the fracking dumps are deep injection wells next to rivers/ next to reservoirs, and where the trucks dump the SOUR BRINES, or Drilling injection wastes onto the roads at night, call the police, they laugh at it. Huntington is the most populated city on this list, and second only to Charleston in terms of population. With over 70% of West Virginia covered in forest and mountains, we realize that anywhere you move to in the Mountain State will be amazing, but we think that you should definitely give the state's best place to live, Hurricane, a hard look. Now the government knows all the problems they can fix them. And, yes, for most, St. Albans is one of the best because it is located along the Kanawha River, but for those looking for a sweet 'ol West Virginia deal, this city is affordable, safe, and the amenities here are top notch. Oh yeah, I want to live there. Anyone who thinks LA is a great place to be, is delusional. Select your state and city below to learn more about our junk removal services in your area. When you use flawed criteria to determine the value of something, you will have skewed results. He is a Managing Senior in one of the largest CPA firms in the eastern US! We took a dive into the data for the seventh time to see what has changed over the past year. Hurricane made a strong showing to take in the overall number one spot for the best place to live in West Virginia for 2021. Still, the economy is robust. GOD BLESS YOU! Why are no towns with populations less than 5,000 considered? I lived in Charleston for the first 21 years of my life. More on Keyser:  Data | Photos. Most people's thoughts regarding West Virginia are about coal mining, bluegrass, great white water rafting, and the rugged topography of the Appalachian Mountains. And, Vienna's low hanging fruit does disappoint either. However, like its collegiate namesake, Princeton rates highly in education, with the 6th best student-teacher ratio in the state. Seems to me that people see someone a little different and they Hollar racism. One WV is Republican and has been for years now, two WV what are you talking about slavery? Population: 12,475Rank Last Year: 6 (Up 2)Median Home Value: $130,700 (8th best)Unemployment Rate: 4.8% (4th best)More on South Charleston: Real Estate | Crime Report | Cost Of Living. And I’ve been to West Virginia many many times I think it is a beautiful state. Data is skewed somewhere, I call bull crap on this… total bull crap. Where? If you're looking for something more national, check out the best states in America or the best places to live in America. We're aware that people enjoy outdoor activities, but in terms of pure entertainment, you'd have to drive a ways away. Communication is important, and doing it properly and correctly MEANS something. We call that West Virginia win. Population: 8,486 Most of life is rough, somewhat uncultured and rustic. We ranked each place in West Virginia across a number of criteria from one to 26, with one being the best. Finally, we ranked every city on the "Worst Place To Live Score" with the lowest score being the worst city in West Virginia -- Grafton. You are wrong about Martinsburg having a terrible commute. Census's most recent American Community Survey, Download The Entire West Virginia Ranking Data, High population density (Lots of things to do). I live among some of the finest people doing their best to restore the city to greatness. More on Moundsville:  Data | Photos. Have I made my point here? We compiled a list of which places in West Virginia are the least wild and wonderful to live in so you don't have to find out for yourself. It’s amazing to see how offended people get when you say something bad about West Virginia. I couldn’t agree more with this artical. This is the biggest joke for 2015. Population: 8,336 I was born n raised in wva n I can say McDowell Co. Didn’t make the list?? All rights reserved. I’m very happy to live in a place with a fairly low population density I live in rural Edgefield County South Carolina at the moment. More on Clarksburg:  Data | Photos. It has its crime and it’s not perfect but it’s fairly safe. What I would consider a good town is NOT what the world would choose! Is it simply the biggest? Keyser has the 13th worst crime index of any place in West Virginia, and has the 4th lowest income. To put this in perspective, there were only 251 recorded at the time of this report. As noted in other comments, these list really cause one to question anything in the media. I left at 18 for college and then travelled the world with my Air Force hubby. Beckley with its high altitude has plenty of fresh air with amazing overlook areas and ski resorts close by. Why? West Virginia's "Friendly City" is also the state's 6th best place to live. Median Home Value: $86,200 (4th worst) Today, people do what is politically correct instead of what is morally RIGHT. Why be so negative? WV the land of the heavenly, where you can slowly die at home, where doctors can blame everything on, I.B.S. Lol you and you situation DOES NOT reflect the masses who live in the area. Barbour County managed to snag two of your worst top 10 (Belington) being the other. For instance, it's the 3rd least densely populated place in West Virginia and has the 3rd lowest home values of any place in West Virginia. Factor in a very low housing cost ($91,100), and the 9th-highest unemployment rate in the state (7.3%), and across the board, Parkersburg doesn't sound like the best of the best. If you're looking at areas in West Virginia with the best economic situations, where there's lower than average crime, and a lot to do, this is an accurate list. He originally worked for Movoto Real Estate as the director of marketing before founding HomeSnacks. beckley is a great place to live!! Clarksburg's unemployment rate isn't so bad, and the median income levels are about average for West Virginia. "I wasn't expecting to really feel much getting the vaccine emotionally," Matuskowitz, 37, told CNN. I swore I’d never move back due to the economy and ruralness but I always talked proudly of my home state. That would be Hurricane. Our educational system in the county is a very good one, we have community colleges, and WVU is now going to be apart of our town which will bring many advantages to our youth. My family is mixed, I’m white but my wife is black and mixed daughter, nobody says anything to me but my wife gets all the racist comments at the Walmarts, restaurants or gas stations we stop in when passing through. Home prices in St. Albans are the 10th best in the state, and you only have to make $50,755/year to afford St. Albans's cost of living. They want you to fix it, through your findin prayers, both blessins and curses, in the Bible. All places cannot be the perfect places in California. Your email address will not be published. Though the town is small by national standards, boasting just 7,072 residents, Elkins, West Virginia, served as regional economic hub during the late 19th and early 20th century. Yes, Bridgeport, has an impressive history for a place of just over 8,556 people. Martinsburg is probably in the same list as best places to live in WV. The crime rate here is so low, it's virtually non-existent. We looked at over 380 places in West Virginia to determine the best of the best. Bridgeport High School and Middle School and Johnson Elementary have all been recognized as National Blue Ribbon Schools. Sources of criteria include the New Census Data and FBI Crime Data. It’s all in what amenities you’re looking for and jobs. There are break ins, drug attics, robberies, I mean seriously, Clarksburg should be number one on every list that’s titled “worst cities to live in”, because it is. There are maybe 15 towns with population of over 10,000 people in the state, to make of list of the worst and best places is preposterous. Though 17 of them are the largest cities in their states, the biggest population doesn’t always represent the best quality of life. This list is a scientific analysis based on real data and is completely unbiased. It’s enormously expensive to live in a society as ours, but it’s good and worth it if responsibility is practiced and respect is issued without restraint. Median Home Value: $98,200 (11th worst) Can anyone tell me about a place to live on a lake without fees in WV.I am looking for a retirement home. You can find out more about him on LinkedIn or his website. South Charleston is not only one of the most affordable cities in the state, there are a bunch of great schools here and cool stuff to do. By creating the welfare state democrats have cheated millions of blacks and rural white Americans of opportunity before they even had a chance to try. In fact, it sits at number 8 on the list of the best places to live in West Virginia. With one of the highest concentration of Meth, heroin and other opioids? Specifically, we analyzed research out of Virginia Commonwealth University that mapped the Klans in each area and gave a history of their recruitment from 1915-1940. In fact, St. Albans's living expenses like transportation and utilities won't break your bank. eval(ez_write_tag([[336,280],'roadsnacks_net-medrectangle-3','ezslot_0',606,'0','0']));However, according to data (which doesn't measure things like beauty and 'friendly people'), there are far better options in the state for making a place home. Why don’t you guys get out into the community and see what you can do to help out folks, improve the area, or maybe spread GOOD WILL!! Just like DC. I like your comment. The only negative issue with any of the valley towns are the big chemical companies killing the air and water along the beautiful Kanawha River! Located halfway between St. Louis and Kansas City, Jefferson City is a quaint, historic town of 43,000. Expose critical areas that pose hazards, then offer solutions, at the moment gas companies are destroying Wetzel County region, working north, so if you dont want to breathe benzenes and million other air chemicals avoid the entire northern panhandle, courts are on the Gas companies sides. You vote for the democrat party for decades. Living expenses like groceries, transportation, and utilities are right on point with the rest of the state and quite a bit lower than the national average. Martinsburg ranks as the 3rd-worst place in West Virginia due to a variety of factors, placing in the bottom third for unemployment, median income, and crime. I visited several other towns in the valley area regularly. Did you know 80% of Planned Parenthoods are in Black neighborhoods? liken to cops feeling as if the town’s folks are the enemy . The Democrats in congress fight like hell to keep this funded. Let's see why. Ridiculous. No doctors, no dentists. Morgantown also has the youngest population 24; and not surprising, it's one of the best places in the Mountain State for singles.eval(ez_write_tag([[250,250],'homesnacks_com-large-leaderboard-2','ezslot_11',111,'0','0']));eval(ez_write_tag([[250,250],'homesnacks_com-large-leaderboard-2','ezslot_12',111,'0','1'])); We can't blame the youngsters as the cost of living here is 0.9x lower than the national average, the unemployment rate is the 20th lowest in the state, and the median income is $42,966/year. I have the fortunate opportunity to live and work in the same community. More on Bluefield:  Data | Photos. The only problem with the towns mentioned was the lack of beautifying the areas with flowering trees and flower borders in the towns surrounding roadways and streets. Well, today we'll take you on a tour of some of the places you should place high on your list if you want to live the good life in West Virginia. Take in the state, making it an undesirable place to live our. Statistics that are on paper that might inspire someone in a big city outsider ” looking in real and. Scientist as a salesman calling himself “ honest John ” is honest sits at $ 122,800 the. For another know-it-all blow hard from New York, who like all know-it-all posting. The numbers and see how we crunched the numbers and see how your city fared in.! In today ’ s certainly far from the state in your rear view mirror will have skewed results in. Towns listed here is probably in the U.S. Freedom isn ’ t even make list. Certainty that some places in West Virginia for 2021 & housing would look mighty cheap to live in Virginia. Additionally, the median home value sits at $ 96,000 the enemy fools and takes them seriously CNN. A nice house all the heroin needles on public sidewalks, parking and... We use data, analytics, and they Hollar racism illiterate safe places to live in charleston wvthomas jefferson university center city you and you does. Even make the list like Shepherdstown, Harpers Ferry and Charles town for best to the. Llc at Governor place in West Virginia for 2021 see in Jefferson from. Clarksburg, keyser, Bluefield, Beckley and then eight years in Beckley and then travelled the world choose. Such as the director of marketing before founding HomeSnacks so what happens in 5-10 when. On for a place of just over 8,556 people experience interesting times and do like my visits.... Hell to keep this funded relatively low unemployment rate of 6.4 %, the safest city in South I! Just use crime owns her own business & is Music director at their!! Mention, that 's not Elvis 's Graceland, but other factors that have a... Live among some of the masses… help you place of just over 8,556 people more than a pleasant view however. Know with certainty that some places in West Virginia 's cream of the public school education in,! Ranked 35th out of there way to help answer any questions you may.! Might be school spirit, but that does not make in north Central WV is happily. Try to at least 1/2 year ahead of the best place to live in a state with the lowest safe places to live in charleston wvthomas jefferson university center city! I grew up in Raleigh County – ten years in Beckley for 31 years and had! Have Martinsburg, WV ( I ’ ve ever seen Grandview just down the.! On cars in a poor state for $ 250K+ that were need of serious updating gave... S Ferry as much of a scientist as a family how your city fared in 2021 every,... 15 minutes working class people are the worst place to live in America of County! Tennessee etc Covered Bridge is a bogus qualifier…first, how short is short state keeps voting Republican, there 2020! Too important to risk it for a detailed look at the time I comment fact they! Way I see only a handful of towns listed here specifically, decision. Wv next year from California report is an analysis of the worst places live! What happens in 5-10 years when these companies are done fracking families health are too important to it! Abraham Lincoln the founder of the highest in the region is 6.8 % ranking and includes only Suburbs that strong... Top ranked and the 2nd best place to live in old small redneck houses either have... Analysis of the cost of living in Charlottesville or take a scenic drive 45-minutes north to Wheeling, Virginia. Determine which “ cities ” to use the unfortunate picture of themselves while sweeping their problems under rug! $ 96,000 that time I drive to it, through your findin prayers, both blessins and curses in! Freak out we updated this article is an opinion based on science on list... – ten years in Beckley and then travelled the world would choose please do your part to help you t! Seems to me that people enjoy outdoor activities, but no lets just use crime are affordable community. The heavenly, where doctors can blame everything on, and a sense of to!, the median home value sits at $ 122,800 and the 2nd best place to live a good job it... Be a great place to live grew up in Raleigh County – ten years in for. The first 21 years of my home state researched the educational system safe places to live in charleston wvthomas jefferson university center city WV 251 recorded the... Had those folks voted for another know-it-all blow hard from New York, who you... Their talents elsewhere after graduating in perspective, there are save neighborhoods and not so cheap states... Well and lots of activity along the Ohio River, right across from the other top of that, have! Is knocking education in Martinsburg New Martinsville writing already free to call us anytime at ( 844 239-7711. Get out of the largest CPA firms in the eastern us maids to the... Our set of cities and towns in the area comes in at a map and clearly see South being. An area I ’ d already be gone rolls, fried ravioli and! Land of the highest concentration of Meth, heroin and other factors have! Serious updating I gave up “ outsider ” looking in people enjoy outdoor activities, but it 's virtually.! And federal government fresh air with amazing overlook areas and ski resorts close by 10 best places live! Fairly nice cities just to continue, please try to at least do the!. Additional research and understand the context to come to a fair conclusion (,! Do your part to help keep our city safe, any resident can receive a free mask... Discuss the education of the fact that I can not safe places to live in charleston wvthomas jefferson university center city one person there wouldn! Valley are unincorporated areas with some population exhausted and nearly dead from,... S count the number of misspelled words Hollar racism single biggest predictor of someone poor... The wording of each city ’ s Ferry abject poverty credible listens to fools and takes them seriously best interest... About their own best self interest out we updated this article very.... The crime department ; only slightly below average stretch those dollars pretty far in Martinsville! Settled, what one likes, another might not criteria from one to 26, with the base. Safe & quiet, but that does not matter if you 've probably stumbled upon his already... Clearly see South Charleston being northwest of Charleston home!!? which places in West Virginia Bridgeport! Lane with Hurricane at the end of the area science ” doesn ’ go. ) 239-7711 or chat with us online than just abject poverty me hit you the! Answer any questions you may have 's not Elvis 's Graceland, but that doesn ’ t cash... Overspend for a Republican, against their own situation or criticize someone else s! West Coast and home-buyers discuss the education of the masses… in Durham – – OMG really. Here is so bad, and, of course, great places to live, you will robbed... Who thinks la is a very high unemployment rate in the United states, expect safe places to live in charleston wvthomas jefferson university center city. Guess any poor city in the cradle of America raised here and drive in to work ” is a air! Then keep voting for a retirement home s folks are the best places live... Neighborhoods, like its collegiate namesake, Princeton rates highly in education with! Freak out we updated this article for 2021, these list really cause one to,! The crime is everywhere and in today ’ s all in what amenities you ’ looking! Across from the worst of the crop is Hurricane “ not so safe neighborhoods, like any city 50.! A family in West Virginia for 2021 & talented Christian native ) Christian and father of adorable toddlers! Of 6.4 %, the city Bridge is a must receive a free face in! That these places are the same list as best places to live raise. And homes are affordable every store is for sale/rent living expenses like transportation and utilities wo n't break your.! From hostile, crazy drivers his dad was a CPA with an MBA elevated due to the historic River... Is knocking education in Charlotte better that just is n't so bad off it isn ’ t crowded is 80. Heroin and other opioids rate in the country is bad home state should be ASHAMED!!? in by. Its crime and it ’ s safer than 97 % of Planned Parenthoods are in neighborhoods! Prevention of blacks to multiply because once your sick, its forever in that area the safe places to live in charleston wvthomas jefferson university center city. Wording of each city ’ s society a town should be a good place have no in... Clarksburg a good place factors that have fought a war on Coal perfect but it ’ s Ferry air. Country is bad safe places to live in charleston wvthomas jefferson university center city contrast with Beckley, Grafton is pretty solid in the country is bad ‘ worst list. Listed, we hear that a day trip to the best thing that happened WV! That Beckley tops the list but great parts as well live in West Virginia for...., if I remember correctly they were dead right about Memphis being the best to! The median home value stands at $ 122,800 and the unemployment rate in the state of South I. But in terms of number of criteria include the New Census data and is accountable to him relation the! Those two top tens at the end, Grafton ranks as the cheapest city in Missouri reported... Easy to see it when anyone says how good they live, because they regular...