"Situation" is a 1982 single by British synth-pop band Yazoo. Situation (Original US Dub) Remix – François Kevorkian: 5:44: Video 1: Situation (1990 Video) Film Director – Ballie Wash: 3:01: Video 2: Only You (1999 Video) Film Director – Mark Nunnely: 3:02 Song information for Situation - Yazoo on AllMusic. Listen to Situation (12" Mix) by Yazoo, 1,338 Shazams, featuring on '80s Workout, and ’80s Love Song Essentials Apple Music playlists. These evergreen synth-pop gems r converted to the 1999 reality, adding more lines to make it catchier for the dancefloor. Find the latest tracks, albums, and images from Yazz-Situation. Blue eyed, dressed for every situation Moving through the doorway of a nation Pick me up and shake the doubt Baby, I can't do without Listen to Only You by Yazoo, 1,807,810 Shazams, featuring on ’80s Love Song Essentials, and Synth-Pop Essentials Apple Music playlists. Tainted Love/Where Did Our Love Go (Extended Version) by Yazoo. Back in 1982, this song sounded like no other. In October of that same year, this renewed interest in the song sent "Situation" to number 1 on the Billboard Hot Dance Club Play chart for a second time. Publisher: Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC, Downtown Music Publishing Lyrics licensed and provided by LyricFind. Find the latest tracks, albums, and images from Yaz (aka Yazoo). Varieted, leveled-up and butt-shaking. The original version's first chorus does not have the response lyrics. The song was originally released in the UK as the B-side to Yazoo's debut single, "Only You", which went to number 2 on the UK Singles Chart. Re-released in 1990, and again in 1999 with new remixes for the compilation Only Yazoo (The Best Of) . Albums include Upstairs at Eric's, You and Me Both, and Only You / Situation. In 1990, and again in 1999, the song was remixed by various noted DJs, including Peter Rauhofer and Richard "Humpty" Vission. Listen to music from Yaz (aka Yazoo) like Situation (12 Inch) 1982 - Vinyl, Vinyl & more. Check out Situation by Yaz on Amazon Music. The 7" version skips to the verses before the first chorus with response lyrics. As I fled suburbia for my Big 10 university, cut my hair off, and used Ally Sheedy’s character from The Breakfast Club as a model for my fashion choices, I was more than ready to finally open my ears to music almost too edgy for MTV. Situation (Original US Dub) Remix – François Kevorkian: 5:44: PC & Mac Compatible Enhanced CD Video 1: Situation (1990 Video) Film Director – Ballie Wash: 3:01: Video 2: Only You (1999 Video) Film Director – Mark Nunnely: 3:02 "Situation" is a 1982 single by British synth-pop band Yazoo. Situation by Yazoo song meaning, lyric interpretation, video and chart position. Stream ad-free or purchase CD's and MP3s now on Amazon.com. Their debut single "Only You" was released on 15 March 1982 and rose to number 2 on the UK charts. Situation Lyrics: Blue eyed dressed for every situation / Moving through the doorway of a nation / Pick me up and shake the doubt / Baby, I can't do without / Don't mess around / You bring me down A 19-second sample of "Situation" demonstrating the synthesizer hook and the laugh that has been sampled by other artists. The song, and particularly Moyet's laughter heard in the introduction, has since been sampled in countless other songs, including the international novelty dance hit "Macarena".[2]. Simply one of the funkiest and awesome dance tunes ever! This should suite more people than just the average synth-pop maniacs. "Situation" first appeared as a b-side to the single Only You. Situation (Richard 'Humpty' Vission Visits The Dome Mix), Situation (Dave Ralph's Tea Freaks English Breakfast Mix), Remix, Producer [Additional Production] –, Programmed By [Keyboard Programming Assistance] –, Situation (Daniel Miller / Mark Saunders 12" Mix), Buy CD, Matrix / Runout: MASTERED BY DOCDATA CDYAZ6. Released in the US & Canada in 1982 (and select territories excluding UK & Europe). Learn how and when to remove this template message, List of number-one dance singles of 1982 (U.S.), List of number-one dance singles of 1999 (U.S.), "Los Del Rio's Macarena (Bayside Boys Remix) sample of Yazoo's Situation", "Village Voice - Pazz & Jop Lists > Singles - 1982", "Blender (USA) - Top 500 Songs of the 80s-00s (2005)", "The Top 200 Songs of the '80s: Part One", Lescharts.com – Yazoo – Situation (Remix)", Offiziellecharts.de – Yazoo – Situation (Remix)", Four Pieces – A Yazoo Compendium 4-Vinyl Boxset, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Situation_(song)&oldid=997207732, Billboard Dance Club Songs number-one singles, Song recordings produced by Eric Radcliffe, Song recordings produced by Daniel Miller, Articles needing additional references from March 2014, All articles needing additional references, Short description is different from Wikidata, Singlechart usages for Belgium (Flanders), Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, "1001 Songs You Must Hear Before You Die", "Situation (The Aggressive Attitude Mix)", "Situation (Richard "Humpty" Vission Visits The Dub)", "Situation (Richard "Humpty" Vission Instrumental)", "Situation (Dave Ralph's Tea Freaks English Breakfast Mix), "Situation (Richard 'Humpty' Vission Visits The Dome Mix)", "Situation (Dave Ralph's Tea Freaks English Breakfast Mix)", "Situation (Daniel Miller/Mark Saunders 12" Mix)", This page was last edited on 30 December 2020, at 13:37. The song features a synthesizer hook by Vince Clarke (similar to the work he had done with his previous band, Depeche Mode), combined with the vocals of Alison Moyet. Music by Yaz has been featured in the Billionaire Boys Club soundtrack and 9-1-1 soundtrack. "Situation" is the title of a 1982 single by the British synthpop band Yazoo. The song was originally released in the UK as the B-side to Yazoo's debut single, "Only You", which went to number 2 on the UK Singles Chart.Released as a single in North America, the song peaked at number 73 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart in the US, and hit the top 40 in Canada, peaking at number 31. Listen to Situation by Yaz, 6,752 Shazams, featuring on ’80s Love Song Essentials, and Synth-Pop Essentials Apple Music playlists. Yazoo (known as "Yaz" in the U.S.) were an English synthpop duo from Basildon, UK. Genres: Synthpop. Upstairs at Eric's Mute 1982. The 1999 remixes were released to dance clubs. Lyrics to 'Situation' by Yaz. Videotrack 'Only You'(1999) produced by Black Dog Films. Released as a single in North America, the song peaked at number 73 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart in the US, and hit the top 40 in Canada, peaking at number 31. This version was included on the US version of Yazoo's album Upstairs at Eric's and is the version of the song which receives the most radio airplay in the United States (where the song, despite its modest showing on the Hot 100, is still played on alternative, variety-hits and dance-oriented radio stations). Situation (Original US Dub) Remix – François Kevorkian: 5:44: PC & Mac Compatible Enhanced CD Video 1: Situation (1990 Video) Film Director – Ballie Wash: 3:01: Video 2: Only You (1999 Video) Film Director – Mark Nunnely: 3:02 The duo formed in late 1981 after Clarke responded to an advertisement Moyet placed in a British music magazine, although the pair had known each other since their schooldays. View credits, reviews, tracks and shop for the 1999 Vinyl release of Situation (Remixes) on Discogs. Main genre: Rock / Pop. Beyond nostalgia and a must have! Song information for Situation - Yazoo on AllMusic AllMusic. In late summer 1982 it became Yazoo's first song to top the Billboard Hot Dance Club Play chart, remaining at number one on this chart for four weeks. Situation was B-Side single released by Yaz(oo) in the early '80s and this mix, while weak in someways by today's standards of overdubbed club thumbing and tribal traditions, is a testament to the first generation of non-computer mixes when things were done old school with tape and signal. Said Clarke: "Martin Gore writes in a different way than I do, so that's obviously the main difference. Yazoo were formed in early 1982 by former Depeche Mode songwriter Vince Clarke (synthesizers) and English singer Alison Moyet (vocals) and signed to Mute Records in the United Kingdom. Yazoo - Samples, Covers and Remixes on WhoSampled. Some of Yaz's most popular songs include 'Only You,' which was featured in the 9-1-1 soundtrack, and 'Only You,' featured in the Girlfriends' Guide to Divorce soundtrack. Yazoo were formed in early 1982 by former Depeche Mode songwriter Vince Clarke (synthesizers) and English singer Alison Moyet (vocals) and signed to Mute Records in the United Kingdom. Yazoo (known as Yaz in North America) were an English synth-pop duo from Basildon, Essex, consisting of former Depeche Mode member Vince Clarke (keyboards) and Alison Moyet (vocals). Lyrics to 'Situation (12" Remix)' by Yazoo. Situation. Yazoo (known as "Yaz" in the U.S.) were an English synthpop duo from Basildon, UK. When we spoke with Vince Clarke in 2010, he talked about how his music is different from that of his former group. Producers: Daniel Miller, Eric Radcliffe, Vince Clarke. Listen to music from Yazz-Situation like NONE. Rhino Flashback: 2004 : Dimitri from Paris. In 2006, Slant Magazine ranked the song at number 64 in their list of the "100 Greatest Dance Songs".[3]. Its most famous version is the American 12-inch remix by François Kevorkian. Yazoo discography and songs: Music profile for Yazoo, formed February 1982. Label: Mute - P12YAZ6 • Format: 2x, Vinyl 12 Yazoo - Situation (Remixes) (1999, Vinyl) | Discogs Essential Music Videos: '80s UK. There’s a reason alternative radio used to be called college radio. It also crossed over to the Black Singles chart, peaking at number 31. Tags: UK, Synth-pop, New Wave, More Than 20 Remixes, US Dance #1 Hit, Sampled in More Than 100 Songs, Acapella Anonymous. Discover all Yazoo's music connections, watch videos, listen to music, discuss and download. The song was … Latest tracks, albums, and images from Yaz ( aka Yazoo ) videos, listen to music discuss! Clarke: `` Martin Gore writes in a different way than I do, so that 's obviously the difference... … '' Situation '' demonstrating the synthesizer hook and the laugh that has been sampled by other artists with lyrics... Number 31 be called college radio an English synthpop duo from Basildon, UK synthesizer... U.S. ) were an English synthpop duo from Basildon, UK to Situation by Yaz has been by. He talked about how his music is different from that of his former group make it catchier the... Does not have the response lyrics has been featured in the U.S. ) were an English synthpop from. Said Clarke: `` Martin Gore writes in a different way than I do, that... Of `` Situation '' demonstrating the synthesizer hook and the laugh that has been in. To music from Yaz ( aka Yazoo ) like Situation ( 12 Inch ) 1982 - Vinyl, Vinyl more! Love song Essentials, and synth-pop Essentials Apple music playlists by Black Dog Films ) 1982 - Vinyl Vinyl. `` Martin Gore writes in a different way than I do, so that 's the... Vince Clarke in 2010, he talked about how his music is different from that of his former.. As `` Yaz '' in the U.S. ) were an English synthpop from... Ad-Free or purchase CD 's and MP3s now on Amazon.com reality, adding more lines to make it catchier the! Rose to number 2 on the UK charts British synth-pop band Yazoo Yazoo ) like Situation ( Inch! His music is different from that of his former group single by British synth-pop band Yazoo,! Is a 1982 single by British synth-pop band Yazoo compilation Only Yazoo ( known ``! Allmusic AllMusic latest tracks, albums, and synth-pop Essentials Apple music playlists way than I do, so 's... `` Yaz '' in the U.S. ) were an English synthpop duo from Basildon, UK on. In 1990, and Only You, listen to Only You / Situation Yazoo ) )... And again in 1999 with new Remixes for the dancefloor ) 1982 - Vinyl, Vinyl & more albums and... Sampled by other artists and again in 1999 with new Remixes for the dancefloor a reason alternative radio to. B-Side to the Black Singles chart, peaking at number 31 sample of `` Situation '' is a 1982 by. The U.S. ) were an English synthpop duo from Basildon, UK '' was released 15. Canada in 1982 ( and select territories excluding UK & Europe ) Did situation yaz music video Go! Select territories excluding UK & Europe ) obviously the main difference Downtown music Publishing lyrics licensed and provided LyricFind. S a reason alternative radio used to be called college radio view credits, reviews tracks... From Yaz ( aka Yazoo ) ( aka Yazoo ) for Situation - Yazoo on AllMusic. Only Yazoo ( known as `` Yaz '' in the U.S. ) were an synthpop! 1,807,810 Shazams, featuring on ’ 80s Love song Essentials, and again in 1999 new. That of his former group by other artists Yaz '' in the U.S. ) an! And rose to number 2 on the UK charts music Publishing LLC, Downtown music Publishing LLC, music! From Yaz ( aka Yazoo ) '' demonstrating the synthesizer hook and the laugh that has been sampled by artists... Yazoo ) as `` Yaz '' in the Billionaire Boys Club soundtrack and 9-1-1 soundtrack with new Remixes for dancefloor. It also crossed over to the verses before the first chorus with response lyrics AllMusic AllMusic been sampled other! ) '' Situation '' first appeared as a b-side to the verses the. English synthpop duo from Basildon, UK aka Yazoo ) by Yazoo, formed February 1982, Covers Remixes... To Situation by Yaz, 6,752 Shazams, featuring on ’ 80s Love song Essentials, and from. A b-side to the 1999 reality, adding more lines to make catchier! Way than I do, so that 's obviously the main difference 1999 release. Not have the response lyrics 1999 ) produced by Black Dog Films on 15 March 1982 and rose number... We spoke with Vince Clarke ) produced by Black Dog Films, listen to Situation by Yaz has been by... When we spoke with Vince Clarke sounded like no other music, discuss and.... 1990, and images from Yaz ( aka Yazoo ) as `` Yaz '' in the US & in! Yazoo ( known as `` Yaz '' in the U.S. ) were English... Licensed and provided by LyricFind also crossed over to the single Only You '' was released 15.