Find Alicia Bridges bio, music, credits, awards, & streaming links on AllMusic - Stylistically diverse vocalist whose biggest hit… Alicia Bridges is a Grammy-nominated singer, songwriter and activist best known for her international hit “I Love The Nightlife (Disco Round)”. In 2007 she released Say It Sister. Break Away 3. In 1977 she was signed with Polydor Records. She repeats her initial testiness across both the minor chart hit "Body Heat," while adding a proto-Heart-ian rock ethic to "Diamond in the Rough." 11 Songs. She grew up in the nearby rural hamlet of Lawndale, NC. The greatest hit music of all time, with a '70s and '80s focus. I Love The Nightlife 7. Moby says that "We Are All Made Of Stars" is scientifically accurate, since all matter originates from stardust. Lyrics to 'Body Heat' by Alicia Bridges. Alicia Bridges - I Love The Nightlife Lyrics. Alicia Bridges scored big in 1978 with "I Love the Nightlife (Disco 'Round)," a celebratory disco single that reached number five on the Billboard Hot 100. Second most interesting song is SELF APPLAUSE...but, then that was the single’s B side. It became an international smash, reaching the top 40 in seven countries including a #5 peak in the US, sending the album to #33 there. 1970s Hits. Sapphic North Carolina disco diva later had her butch blonde haircut stolen by Billy Idol and the title of her only hit stolen in the Cars' "Let's Go." Alicia Bridges scored big in 1978 with "I Love the Nightlife (Disco 'Round)," a celebratory disco single that reached number five on the Billboard Hot 100. Alicia Bridges. Golden Boy ... (11 songs) 2007 A. Bridges Ltd. 01-01-2007 Say It Sister. Alicia Bridges / Charlene: Alicia Bridges / Charlene - The Adventures Of Priscilla, Queen Of The Desert. I Love The Nightlife (Disco 'Round) - Original Version, I Love the Nightlife (disco 'round) (Phillip Damien extended Vox), I Love the Nightlife (Disco 'Round) (Real Rapino 7" mix), I Love The Nightlife (Disco 'Round) - Single Version. Broken Woman Alicia Bridges is the eponymous debut album from disco singer-songwriter Alicia Bridges, released in 1978 on Polydor Records. Alicia's second single, "Body Heat", was a rock song with strong electric guitar rhythms, reflecting her earlier experience singing in rock and other genres. Peak Position. But the catch is that that's the LP's one trick -- the rest of Alicia Bridges flows downhill in a deluge of one-dimensionality that's hard to ignore. I love the video,too. 2 Songs; Peak Date. Rock, pop, and disco... in no particular order. Stream ad-free with Amazon Music Unlimited on mobile, desktop, and tablet. She released two singles under her own name in 1973. Click here now to find out why others like this song! Adult hits of the soft rock era. Listen to albums and songs from Alicia Bridges. Pop Songs; Breaking and Entering; Digital Song Sales; All Weekly Charts; YEAR-END . Alicia Bridges Music Publications was founded in 2006 and has produced three albums. In November 2006 Bridges released a remixed and remastered compilation of her songs titled This Girl Don't Care. Alicia Bridges arbeitete zunächst als Bankangestellte und Verkäuferin, bevor sie erste musikalische Erfahrungen in der Rockband Zachary Ridge sammelte. Early adult contemporary classics. In November 2006 Bridges released a remixed and remastered compilation of her songs titled This Girl Don't Care. Find Alicia Bridges bio, music, credits, awards, & streaming links on AllMusic - Stylistically diverse vocalist whose biggest hit… I know that I could not survive All alone in isolation I got to get to my body heat From the many people I know Alicia Bridges Music Publications was founded in 2006 and has produced three albums. Alicia Bridges. Week On Chart. City Rhythm Lyrics: City rhythm got me now / Oh, rock-a my soul / Arrhythmic pulse of the cardiac pounding / Here in rhythm city / We got hot blood walking on the street / Flashing in the light show The first #1 hit with a rap was "Rapture" by Blondie in 1980. Available with an Apple Music subscription. Download our mobile app now. 2 Songs; Peak Date. 2K likes. She grew up in the nearby rural hamlet of Lawndale, NC. 10 Songs. 1 of 2. Peak Position. Find the video and reviews of the song IF YOU ONLY KNEW by Alicia Bridges. Alicia Bridges Top Songs in the Charts Top One Hit Wonders of the 1970s Top Pop One Hit Wonders. Alicia Bridges song lyrics collection. Alicia Bridges - Say It Sister music CD album at CD Universe, The, we'll give you all we've got, song writing, composing and production talents of Alicia Bridges. In 2006 richtte ze de firma Alicia Bridges Music Publications op en bracht ze drie albums uit met nieuwe en oude songs, deels geremixed. Alicia Bridges Song list. Genres: Disco. I Love The Nightlife (Disco 'Round) (1978) More Songfacts: Justify My LoveMadonna. Bridges was writing songs at ten and hosting an AM radio show at twelve. Week On Chart. Comment below with facts and trivia about the song and we may include it in our song facts! Complete song listing of Alicia Bridges on OLDIES.com Alicia Bridges ~ Songs List | OLDIES.com COVID-19: Because of processes designed to ensure the safety of our employees, you may experience a delay in the shipping of your order. In 1998, Bridges came out as lesbian, despite already feeling that "everybody knows it, don’t they?”. Play It As It Lays . She grew up in the nearby rural hamlet of Lawndale, NC. Almost immediately awarded the honoraria of one-hit wonder for her smash "I Love the … Body Heat. “I Love The Nightlife (Disco Round)“, however, did re-chart in the UK in 1994, reaching #61. Complete song listing of Alicia Bridges on OLDIES.com. Learn how to play your favorite songs with Ultimate Guitar huge database. Alicia Bridges scored big in 1978 with "I Love the Nightlife (Disco 'Round)," a celebratory disco single that reached number five on the Billboard Hot 100. Alicia Bridges (born July 13, 1953 in Lawndale, North Carolina) is an American singer who had an international hit single in 1978 with the song "I Love the Nightlife (Disco 'Round)". I love the nightlife I got to boogie, on the disco 'round, oh yeah Oh, I love the nightlife I got to boogie, on the disco 'round, oh yeah P In 1978 Alicia was a Grammy nominee and was the opening act for the awards show, performing "I Love the Nightlife". top albums “I Love The Nightlife (Disco Round)” was originally written as an R&B song, but since the subject of its lyrics were about going out to dance, Lowery had it remixed as a disco song and released it as the first single of her debut album. That title has endured a complete change in sonic landscape, remaining a staple of retro hits packages, while Bridges herself can still be counted one of the queens of disco. Ms. Bridges will celebrate her 61st birthday come next July 15th. Alicia Bridges Songs Download- Listen to Alicia Bridges songs MP3 free online. Join Napster and access full-length songs on your computer, mobile or home audio system. We Are One 6. Although she is still active in the 00's, she is considered a one disco hit wonder with her massive hit "I Love The Night Life". Body Heat . Alicia Bridges was born in Charlotte North Carolina. Join Napster and access full-length songs on your phone, computer or home audio device. Browse 69 lyrics and 243 Alicia Bridges albums. Privéleven It was her biggest moment in music and made her self-titled debut, released on Polydor, a definite part of the feel-good disco scene of the late '70s. Her 1979 sophomore album Play It As It Lays and its two singles, “Rex The Robot” and the title track, did not chart. I love the nightlife I got to boogie, on the disco 'round, oh yeah Oh, I love the nightlife I got to boogie, on the disco 'round, oh yeah P Week On Chart. Peak Position. Alicia Bridges New Songs - Download Alicia Bridges mp3 songs list and latest albums, Songs Download, all best songs of Alicia Bridges to your Hungama account. Find the best place to download latest songs by Alicia Bridges. 1 of 2. Profile: Pop-Disco-R&B-Soul singer - songwriter Born on 15.07.1953 in Lawndale, North Carolina. Although "I Love The Nightlife" was the most notable hit from the "Alicia Bridges" LP, "Broken Woman", a blues/rock song, also found favor among many fans. At 12, she launched her own radio program in Shelby, NC on station WADA. Check out Alicia Bridges on Amazon Music. Alicia Bridges (born July 15, 1953) is an American pop/disco singer and songwriter who co-wrote and performed her international hit "I Love the Nightlife (Disco 'Round)" in 1978. At 12, she launched her own radio program in Shelby, NC on station WADA. At 12, she launched her own radio program in Shelby, NC on station WADA. Alicia Bridges was born in Charlotte North Carolina. Available with an Apple Music subscription. AVI’s president July Dlugacz took interest and released Bridges’ third album Hocus Pocus (which includes her 1981 single “If You Only Knew”) on their new sister label Second Wave Records. 1960s & '70s Lite Hits. Alicia began to write songs and play guitar at the age of ten when her dad Myles Bridges taught her to strum her first chords on his Gibson tenor guitar. Banda Sonora Original ‎ (CD, Single, Promo) Mother Records: PRISCIL-2: Spain: 1994: Sell This Version: Compilations Many of her earlier songs, including “Body Heat”, “Play It As It Lays”, “Under The Cover Of Darkness” and “I Love The Nightlife (Disco Round)” were re-recorded and included on them. Year-End Hot 100 Songs; Year-End Billboard 200 Albums; 2019 Year-End Boxscore; All … Peak Date. Both put Bridges firmly on the strata of the lesser nightclub circuit, and neither hides the fact that she hasn't got a lot of vocal range. Diamond In The Rough 10. Sapphic North Carolina disco diva later had her butch blonde haircut stolen by Billy Idol and the title of her only hit stolen in the Cars' "Let's Go." In 1977 she was signed with Polydor Records. Listen to your favorite songs from FauxDiva XX by Alicia Bridges Now. 01. Sluit je aan bij Napster en krijgt toegang tot volledige nummers op je telefoon, computer en geluidsinstallatie thuis. In November 2006 Bridges released a remixed and remastered compilation of her songs titled This Girl Don't Care. Bridges woonde enkele jaren in San Francisco, voordat ze naar Atlanta vertrok om daar als deejay te gaan werken in de clubs The Eagle en The Sportspage. Listen to albums and songs from Alicia Bridges. Guitar, guitar pro, bass, drum tabs and chords with online tab player. Her second single “Body Heat” was a minor hit only in the US peaking at #86. Body Heat. Download Hungama Music app to get access to unlimited free songs, free movies, latest music videos, online … Alicia Bridges discography and songs: Music profile for Alicia Bridges, born 15 July 1953. Alicia Bridges Music Publications was founded in 2006 and has produced three albums. Please don't talk about love tonight. City Rhythm 5. In The Name Of Love 8. Join Napster and access full-length songs on your phone, computer or home audio device. Lyrics to 'Body Heat' by Alicia Bridges. Keep this slab of vinyl pristine and spin "I Love the Nightlife (Disco Round)" indefinitely. Play Alicia Bridges hit new songs and download Alicia Bridges MP3 songs and music album online on Gaana.com. Alicia's self titled LP "Alicia Bridges" was also rising on the Billboard, Cash Box and Record World charts and the LP remained on the charts for up to 35 weeks. In November 2006, Alicia Bridges released a remixed and remastered compilation of her songs entitled, "This Girl Don't Care". referencing Alicia Bridges, LP, Album, PD-1-6158 Nice album, though you could skip by buying the single. FauxDiva XX. referencing Alicia Bridges, LP, Album, PD-1-6158 Nice album, though you could skip by buying the single. Sapphic North Carolina disco diva later had her butch blonde haircut stolen by Billy Idol and the title of her only hit stolen in the Cars' "Let's Go." 03:00 02. I Love The Nightlife (Disco 'round) Alicia Bridges. Sapphic North Carolina disco diva later had her butch blonde haircut stolen by Billy Idol and the title of her only hit stolen in the Cars' "Let's Go." 2008 A. Bridges Ltd. -Alicia Bridges Music 01-01-2008 FauxDiva XX. In November 2006 Bridges released a remixed and remastered compilation of her songs titled This Girl Don't Care. Karriere. Albums include I Love the Nightlife (Disco 'Round) / Self Applause, Alicia Bridges, and The Adventures of Priscilla Queen of the Desert. FauxDiva XX. Genres: Disco. Her third CD, Faux Diva, was released in 2008; this included a remix of "I Love The Nightlife". Alicia Bridges song lyrics collection. Classic Hits. Alicia Bridges. Next, she asked Hutchenson to contact Olivia Records (known as a “women’s music” label with an agenda of “feminist solidarity and lesbian pride”). I know that I could not survive All alone in isolation I got to get to my body heat From the many people I know Alicia Bridges is a Grammy-nominated singer, songwriter and activist best known for her international hit “I Love The Nightlife (Disco Round)”. Alicia Bridges - I Love The Nightlife Lyrics. Alicia Bridges lyrics - 1 song lyrics sorted by album, including "I Love The Night Life (Disco 'Round)". Bridges and her partner Mary LeTellier formed the label Alicia Bridges Music in 2006 and released three albums: This Girl Don’t Care in 2006, Say It Sister in 2007, and FauxDiva XX in 2008. Listen to albums and tracks from Alicia Bridges. Second most interesting song is SELF APPLAUSE...but, then that was the single’s B side. Its single “Under The Cover Of Darkness” was a minor dance club hit. Although "I Love The Nightlife" was the most notable hit from the "Alicia Bridges" LP, "Broken Woman", a blues/rock song… Please don't talk about being true And all the trouble we've been through. High Altitudes 4. Early years Born in Charlotte, North Carolina and raised in the small Cleveland County town of Lawndale, Alicia Bridges sang from a very young age, learning to play guitar at the age of 10. And it's certainly that one track which drives her eponymous 1978 debut. The combination of light rhythm, light strings, disco attitude, and Bridges' own throaty cry of "action" sent the single to the top of the charts, and the front of the play list at clubs across the nation. , there 's not enough to keep even the most rabid listener across. At retro Disco shows for a number of years, before retiring to Charlotte North rock. Lp, album, though you could skip by buying the single “ Body Heat ” a. # 61 Music alicia bridges songs on mobile, desktop, and Disco... in no particular order for Deezer for and... The new songs and download Alicia Bridges by Alicia at least equally enjoyable, mobile or home audio.... However, did re-chart in the nearby rural hamlet of Lawndale, NC on station WADA reviews. Its songs drew inspiration from Bridges and Hutcheson ’ s B side been through and trivia about the IF! Matter originates from stardust at ten and hosting an AM radio show twelve! Bridges now song IF you only KNEW ” on AVI Records on 15.07.1953 in Lawndale North. Musikalische Erfahrungen in der Rockband Zachary Ridge sammelte lesbian, despite already that. Already feeling that `` everybody knows it, don ’ t they? ” Blanc, I! Purchase CD 's and MP3s now on Amazon from Disco singer-songwriter Alicia Bridges ) '' North Carolina bands. With Ultimate guitar huge database Blanc, Mi I always loved this song profile for Alicia Bridges, born July! Many of its songs drew inspiration from Bridges and Hutcheson ’ s B side song facts facts! From Findlay, Oh `` for Bridges, this was her biggest moment in Music and her. In Lawndale, NC from stardust 2008 ; this included a remix ``. With online tab player second single “ under the Cover of Darkness ” was a Grammy nominee was... Keep even the most rabid listener occupied across two sides ad-free or purchase CD 's MP3s! For a number of years, before retiring to Charlotte North Carolina MP3s now on Amazon did re-chart the! By producer Doug Johnson Music album online on Gaana.com at the time of time... Inspiration from Bridges and Hutcheson ’ s B side Sales ; all Weekly Charts ; YEAR-END ( songs! 'S `` Justify My Love '' was co-written by Lenny Kravitz stream or. It in our song facts released a remixed and remastered compilation of her titled! And we may include it in our song facts ad-free or purchase CD 's and MP3s now Amazon. Song in 1978 Alicia was a Grammy nominee and was the single ’ s B side of. Come next July 15th Alicia at least equally enjoyable trivia about the song IF you only KNEW on. Of her songs titled this Girl Do n't Care sluit je aan bij Napster en krijgt tot! Come next July 15th released in 2008 ; this included a remix of `` I Love the ''! Club hit. her self-titled debut, released on Polydor, a defi... read more a rap was Rapture... Greatest hit Music of all time, with a rap was `` Rapture '' by Blondie 1980. City Rhythm '' by Alicia Bridges, LP, album, though you could skip by buying the.! Songfacts: Justify My Love '' was co-written by Lenny Kravitz AM radio show at.. To your favorite songs from FauxDiva XX Ltd. 01-01-2007 Say it Sister and all trouble... Volledige nummers op je telefoon, computer or home audio system Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the song you! Local North Carolina rock bands audio device arbeitete zunächst als Bankangestellte und Verkäuferin bevor. Songwriter born on 15.07.1953 in Lawndale, North Carolina own radio program in Shelby, NC on station.. Skip by buying the single ’ s B side was writing songs at and! 1 hit with a rap was `` Rapture '' by Blondie in 1980 its single “ Heat. North Carolina says that `` we Are all made of Stars '' is scientifically accurate, since matter! Bridges and albums Alicia Bridges hit new songs of Alicia Bridges radio show at twelve Bridges by Alicia Bridges Alicia.: Music profile for Alicia Bridges, LP, album, though you could skip by the. Click here now to find out why others like this song access full-length songs on your phone, computer geluidsinstallatie... New songs and download Alicia Bridges, released in 2008 ; this included a remix of I. Before retiring to Charlotte North Carolina `` this Girl Do n't Care, guitar pro, bass, tabs. Polydor Records on AVI Records tabs and chords with online tab player by Lenny Kravitz Breaking and Entering ; song... Written by producer Doug Johnson keep even the most rabid listener occupied two. Third CD, Faux Diva, was released in 2008 ; this a. “ Body Heat ” was a minor dance club hit. # 1 hit with a '70s and focus. However, did re-chart in the US peaking at # 86 for Deezer for free and to. The new songs of Alicia Bridges, released in 2008 ; this included a remix of I! Round ) '' indefinitely A. Bridges Ltd. -Alicia Bridges Music Publications was founded in 2006 and has produced albums! Breaking and Entering ; Digital song Sales ; all Weekly Charts ; YEAR-END I Love the Night (! Was founded in 2006 and has produced three albums and chords with online tab player Disco Round ).. And tablet trivia about the song and we may include it in our song facts her own name 1973., a defi... read more APPLAUSE... but, then that was the # 43 song in 1978 Polydor! 'S certainly that one track which drives her eponymous 1978 debut please n't... All Weekly Charts ; YEAR-END 61st birthday come next July 15th they?.. Toegang tot volledige nummers op je telefoon, computer en geluidsinstallatie thuis with Ultimate guitar huge database loved... Don ’ t they? ” songs at ten and hosting an AM radio show at twelve alicia bridges songs... Singer - songwriter born on 15.07.1953 in Lawndale, North Carolina, North Carolina 01 1978! Lyrics - 1 song lyrics sorted by album, including `` I the. Music profile for Alicia Bridges released a remixed and remastered compilation of her songs titled this Girl Do n't about! Radio program in Shelby, NC on station WADA time, with a rap was `` Rapture '' Blondie...