… Over the years Balvenie has done a good job of establishing itself as one of the most prominent “proper” distilleries out there. Bedømmelse: Ingen. I think it’s a Speyside, probably a Balvenie. But I found the Doublewood delicate and not as complicated as I was expecting. Not as complex as I expected. BALVENIE (The) 12 ans Double Wood. La gamme The Balvenie Triple Cask comprend des single malt de 12 ans, 16 ans et 25 ans d'âge. The Balvenie 12Year Old Triple Cask 1L. It most definitely comes from the finishing in a sherry cask. Hints of fudge and soft spices. BALVENIE (The) 14 ans CARIBBEAN CASK. The nose was creamy and delicious, but the palate did not quite live up to the promises the nose made. We can't actually ship Balvenie DoubleWood 12 Year Old (20cl) to you in United States at the moment. Learn how your comment data is processed. With a bit of water it was nuttier and maltier. Balvenie triple cask vs doublewood. Glad I bought this mini for only 3 pounds or something. Your email address will not be published. Some batches are very good indeed, others good, others "meh". Last updated: January 13, 2021. It is readily available in South Africa (before Covid anyway). The Balvenie 12 DoubleWood is one of my favorite kicking-it-around-the-house sipping whiskies. Tropical fruit salad drizzled with orange juice. and now the one i had tonight. Balvenie 12 År Triple Cask (1 Liter) 100 cl, 40%. The Balvenie DoubleWood is a 12 year old single malt which gains its distinctive character from being matured in two wood types. © 2021, Whisky of the Week. If you loved Balvenie 17 Doublewood and want to spread your palette wings, then these other great whiskey choices are the perfect alternative to try out. Available also the 25th Anniversary Edition DoubleWood 12 Year Old.. Your email address will not be published. That bitterness was a disappointment and really, why brag about oloroso aging if it’s not gonna show up? very nice. 4,7 sur 5 ... Nachdem der Balvenie Double Wood mein liebster Single Malt ist wollte ich gern auch einmal den Triple Wood probieren. Review and Tasting notes for The Balvenie Doublewood 12 yo Single Malt Whisky. Balvenie 16 År Triple Cask 70 cl, 40%. lots of fruit, apples, peach, apricot. All rights reserved. tasty dram, but left me with a hankering for something stronger. Users have rated this product 4 out of 5 stars. Brown sugar. very sweet. Great whisky. Over the period of maturation it is transferred from a traditional oak whisky cask to a first fill European oak sherry cask. Scotch tasting for everyone! However, the Caribbean Cask is just delicious. Ikke på lager. Lemon/citrus. He built Balvenie 1892. Buy Balvenie 12 Years Old Doublewood . The bitterness I do not like! Free delivery on orders above $100. 579,00 kr. _____________________________________________________ Comparing different distilleries side by side is fun, but I find that the most interesting comparisons are the ones between other releases from the same distillery. Might have to try a Tun sometime. When you play around with drams from the same distillery, it gives you insight into the distillery character while highlighting cask influences and ageing changes. Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. A little history before we jump into today’s SvS! Ikke på lager. The Balvenie DoubleWood 12 Years Old – The classic, essential expression from The Balvenie’s core range, DoubleWood 12 sees 12 years of total maturation split between bourbon casks and sherry cask. Balvenie 12 Doublewood – 40% (reddit review #8, Sept 2013) Went to a martini bar with my gf [Editor’s note: no longer with her] and all they had for scotch was Glenfiddich 12 and The Balvenie 12 Doublewood. Balvenie 12 Ans Triple Cask Single Malt Whisky 1 L de Balvenie. Posted on September 10, 2016 September 9, 2016 by Scotch N Sniff. It has gone from strength to strength, becoming one of the most prestigious distilleries in the world. The 12 doublewood is much better. Navn. We're working on a solution. The palate … So overall, my average of these 4 comes out to 80, which is a bit below my overall average, but I guess that makes sense. A 20cl bottling of Balvenie's excellent 12 Year Old DoubleWood, aged in refill American oak casks before being finished in European oak Sherry casks. It’s hot but very fresh tasting. Both are smooth and very drinkable. Comparing different distilleries side by side is fun, but I find that the most interesting comparisons are the ones between other releases from the same distillery. The sherry is bold on the nose but tempered by walnut, ground ginger, and some lingering cereal notes — evidence that even at 12 years old, DoubleWood is still quite young. Definitely higher ABV than mystery #1 but I’m not sure about cask strength. The Macallan 12 Year Double Cask You pick it up and read that although the casks used are both sherry seasoned, it comes from a mix… Skip to content. I’m reminded of Balvenie Doublewood. Double the price at least, though. Not getting a ton. Durch das dritte Fass hat der Triple Wood mehr Fruchtaromen als der Double Wood, was sicherlich interessant ist. some sherry for sure. Scotch Whisky Reviews. Balvenie 12 Doublewood has been very batch variable. Stores and prices for '1977 The Balvenie DoubleWood 12 Year Old Singl ... ' | prices, stores, tasting notes and market data. Required fields are marked *. Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Caribbean Cask or Doublewood. It is a wonderful way to explore a distillery, especially now that we are in Covid lockdown. Critics have scored this product 89 points. Balvenie Doublewood has been matured primarily in ex-Bourbon barrels before a finishing period in Sherry casks. Available also the 25th Anniversary Edition DoubleWood 12 Year Old.. Home; Whisk(e)y. American Bourbon Canadian Irish Scotch World. After about twenty years at the Mortlach, he bought a piece of land near Balvenie Castle. The Balvenie 12Years DoubleWood 70cl. Change ), Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Three Balvenie 12s: Doublewood, Signature and Triple Cask + 16 Triple Cask, Follow Toronto Whisky Society on WordPress.com. Long and lingering. Take a taste of the Balvenie 17 Doublewood if you can. Other fruits, some floral notes. 989,00 kr. Scotch VS Scotch : Macallan 12 Double Cask vs Macallan 12 Sherry. Balvenie 14 Caribbean; Glen Garioch 12; Glenlivet Founder’s Reserve; Conclusion. De... 57,00 € En stock. Posted on June 7, 2019 June 7, 2019 by Scotch N Sniff. The Balvenie Caribbean Cask vs Doublewood single malt whisky. this was not what I expected. I find that Balvenie 12 year old Triple Cask has a fair bit more character than its equivalently aged Doublewood cousin. Some spiciness too. Whiskey:The Balvenie Doublewood 12 Year Single Malt Scotch This whisky was matured in American oak casks previously used to mature bourbon, before being finished in European oak casks previously used to mature sherry. Balvenie 12 Year Old Double Wood. I liked it significantly less than all of the other Balvenie’s I’ve tried. Almost out my triple cask in the forgot section of my liquor cab’. 24 hour wine delivery available. Balvenie 12YO (20cl) Bottling Note. The Balvenie DoubleWood spends 12 years maturing in traditional American Oak ex-bourbon barrels and is then moved to Spanish oak ex-Oloroso sherry casks for an additional nine months. William Grant started as a bookkeeper at Mortlach distillery 1866, where he learned the distilling trade. Balvenie Doublewood 12 year - DoubleWood 12 was launched in 1993, using a process designed by our Malt Master David Stewart in 1982, now commonly known as 'wood finishing'. You can pick up the Balvenie Distillery character notes of fruit, vanilla and honey in both these releases. Balvenie launched the Caribbean Cask 14 yo to mark the 50th anniversary of David Stewart joining the Balvenie distillery. No idea what distillery. Today I decided to review the Balvenie 12 Triple Cask, as I’d had a mini in my sample bag for a few months, and wondered how the review would compare to past Balvenie 12s I’ve had. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. To make The Balvenie DoubleWood, David Stewart MBE takes whisky that has spent at least 12 years in traditional whisky casks, American Oak ex-bourbon barrels and hogsheads, and moves it to Spanish oak ex-Oloroso … So here’s a three-way comparison that’s also a bit of a time capsule of my reviewing over the past few years, as I looked at each of these in very different times/places: __________________________________________________________, Went to a martini bar with my gf [Editor’s note: no longer with her] and all they had for scotch was Glenfiddich 12 and The Balvenie 12 Doublewood. It has enough complexity to keep it interesting and fun, but light enough to fit into almost any occasion. This release makes me dream of tropical islands, especially now that we are confined to one place during lock down. Which Balvenie is your favourite? Ce single malt, un grand classique du Speyside, vieilli en fûts de bourbon a été affiné un an dans des fûts de sherry Oloroso. ( Log Out /  Balvenie 12 Year Old Triple Cask DESCRIPTION. Not a ton of oak. I’m just surprised the last one did so poorly. Buy The Balvenie 12 Year Old Triple Cask online at the lowest price, delivered to your door. Medium body. Also, if your 12 Doublewood leaves a lot to be desired, give it a lot of air time. I think it is around the same price range as the Balvenie Rum and is a lot smoother IMO. Chose the latter and made some quick notes as I was enjoying it. Medium length with spicy, slightly drying notes and a hint of sweetness. Balvenie Caribbean Cask vs Doublewood Whisky Comparison, Bunnahabhain Eirigh Na Greine Whisky Review and Tasting Notes, Kilchoman Sanaig Single Malt Whisky Review and Tasting Notes, Johnnie Walker Black vs Double Black Label whisky comparison, Jameson vs Johnnie Walker Black Label Whisky Comparison, Maker’s Mark vs Buffalo Trace Bourbon Comparison, Glenfiddich 12 vs Glenlivet 12 yo Whisky Comparison, Jack Daniel’s vs Gentleman Jack Tennessee Whiskey Comparison. The Balvenie Doublewood 12 yo whisky is also part of the core series and readily available. The Balvenie Triple Cask range comprises of 12 year old, 16 year old and 25 year old single malt whiskies. ABV: 43%. William Grant and Sons also own Glenfiddich and Kininvie Distillery. Even better I like Springbank 15 (not really in the same category as the Rum finishes, but damn good, and on the sweeter side) . The 12 year old expression in Balvenie's travel retail Triple Cask range is made with whisky matured in three different types of cask, namely first-fill American oak barrels, traditional refill casks and first-fill Oloroso Sherry butts. Ikke på lager. The overall impression is one of silky smoothness with some gentle spice and dried fruit flavours coming from the Sherry finishing. 70cl. So the stories line from Balvenie include the new 12 year American Oak, 14 year Week of Peat, and 26 year Dark Barley, the first two being permanent editions to the Balvenie lineup. Full-bodied and rich. Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. Colorado's Distillery 291 Recently Offered Up A New Maple Cask Finish Rye. Hints of floral notes and malt intermingling with oak come to mind. I want to say Speyside or possibly Lowland? Scotch VS Scotch: Balvenie 12 American Oak vs 12 Doublewood. tough nose on this one. (and no picture). Oakier too. Honey, sherry, cherries? Rich with sweet notes of ripe mango, pineapple and guava, toffee, Christmas Cake and plump rum soaked raisins. I received 3 mystery drams, and guessed the first two correctly, being Balvenie 16 Triple Cask (which I’ve also included here as a comparison), and Ardbeg Corryvrecken, ____________________________________________________________. ________________________________________________________________, I got this dram as part of an r/scotch mystery swap with /u/big_daddy_drams. 949,00 kr. I have to note that this is the start of the Balvenie range and a great way to start exploring the distillery. It is big, bold, wonderfully balanced and chewy. Colorado's Deerhammer Recently Released A Whiskey … The Balvenie Distillery is a Speyside distillery in the Convals in Dufftown, Scotland, owned by William Grant and Sons. COLOUR: The Balvenie Doublewood 12 yo is a dark, almost polished amber and burnt copper colour. Gonna guess 12-15 yrs old. Reblogged this on Bryan Vanderkruk's Whisky Musings. 659,00 kr. Users have rated this product 4 out of 5 stars. So far my favourite balvenie is the 17 peated cask, but that’s a whole other beast. very spicy and peppery, lots of sherry and fruit. Won’t be the most comprehensive review as a result! Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. Grilled Haloumi, smoked cheddar cheese, smoked duck. Hits of wood and vanilla. was very interested to see how it compared to the other 12s and 16 doublewood. It is part of the Balvenie core range. It shares its water source, the Robbie Dhu springs, with Glenfiddich. Warmer than the nose suggests. To make The Balvenie DoubleWood, David Stewart MBE takes whisky that has spent at least 12 years in traditional whisky casks, American Oak ex-bourbon barrels and hogsheads, and moves it to Spanish oak ex-Oloroso sherry casks for an additional nine months. To make The Balvenie DoubleWood, David Stewart MBE takes whisky that has spent at least 12 years in traditional whisky casks, American Oak ex-bourbon barrels and hogsheads, and moves it to Spanish oak ex-Oloroso … Stores and prices for 'The Balvenie DoubleWood 12 Year Old S ... ' | tasting notes, market data, prices and stores in India. Fresh grapes and red berries and spices with vanilla. The whiskey reviewing duo known as Whiskey Noobs reviews The Balvenie Doublewood 12 Year Old Scotch in their latest article. Balvenie 12 year DoubleWood: single malt Scotch, Speyside, 43%, $57 Balvenie 17 year DoubleWood: single malt Scotch, Speyside, 43%, $150 Balvenie 14 year Caribbean Cask: single malt Scotch, Speyside, 43%, $68 I’ve never been an ardent admirer of the Balvenie. February 9, 2018. ( Log Out /  Won’t be the most comprehensive review as a result! It is my favourite releases between these two. Related Article: Glenfiddich 12 yo Single Malt Whisky. Very sweet. 43% maybe? Mein Eindruck - auch und gerade in dieser Preisregion - ist zwiespältig. The Balvenie Doublewood 12 yo whisky is also part of the core series and readily available. Camembert or brie cheese, mushroom risotto. It’s very subtle. Today I look at a side-by-side comparison of two releases from the Balvenie Distillery. The Balvenie DoubleWood 12 year old single malt whisky gains its distinctive character from being matured in two wood types. There’s more going on under the hood with the cask composition, and whilst the ABV is the same, there’s just a little bit more complexity wrapped up with the Balvenie’s easy-going quintessential Speyside character. Elle est élaborée à partir du whisky The Balvenie porté à maturation dans les trois types de fûts dont les plus courants : fûts de bourbon de premier et de deuxième remplissage et futs de xérès. Balvenie 14 År Caribbean Cask 70 cl, 43%. Rich and inviting. Notes of pectin and pepper. Rather malty. When you play around with drams from the same distillery, it gives you insight into the distillery character while highlighting cask influences and ageing changes. The Balvenie Caribbean Cask whisky has been matured in traditional oak casks for a period. Chose the latter and made some quick notes as I was enjoying it. Over the period of maturation it is transferred from a traditional oak whisky cask to a first fill European oak sherry cask. Feels older for some reason. "The Balvenie DoubleWood is a 12 year old single malt which gains its distinctive character from being matured in two wood types. The base of both the two releases is noticeably Balvenie. Balvenie 17 År Double Wood 70 cl, 43%. I prefer the 14 year Rum Cask over the 12 year doublewood. Balvenie 12 År DoubleWood anmeldelser. Tasting Note by The Chaps at Master of Malt. Even more, for a night I have a sweet tooth, I like BenRiach 15 Dark Rum. Tons of honey and sugar. Each stage lends different qualities to … €73.00; Buy Now. There is also a Balvenie Golden Cask which is a limited edition also finished in rum. Afterwards, it was finished in casks that previously held Malt Master David Stewart’s own blend of select West Indian rum. A side by side comparison like this is fascinating. ( Log Out /  Critics have scored this product 89 points. Anmeldelse. Aged for two years longer than the Doublewood, the extra time in the wood and the addition to the rum finishing adds a rich extra dimension. Not at all a blockbusting sherry monster, this is very subtle and easy going. (Well it was available before Covid and lockdown anyway) It was launched in 1993. Bits of dried fruit and nuts. Spicy hints, creamy caramel toffee and bits of oak and ginger. ( Log Out /  Balvenie puts out some decent, generally non-offensive drams, but usually won’t blow your socks off. Shop now. The Balvenie Caribbean Cask vs Doublewood single malt whisky. Ikke på lager. Column: To Pick Or Not To Pick: The Single Barrel Conundrum. Bits of oak intertwined with sherry. Following the maturation, the whisky is married together to create a cohesive, flavoursome expression packed with orchard fruit, custard cream and cinnamon spice. Thanks for writing this or I would have thought someone poured the original contents of the bottle out and sold me something else lol. I did a side by side comparison between the Golden Cask and the Caribbean Cask as well to see how they differ. That warm fruit and honey nose that slips into darkly sweet and fruit palate and fades out in equal parts sweet and rustic puts a smile on my face every time. Great introduction to the Balvenie house style. Not too hot. Powered by WordPress & Theme by Anders Norén, Comparison: Balvenie Caribbean Cask vs Doublewood 12 yo single malt whisky, The Balvenie Golden Cask 14 yo Whisky Review and…, Johnnie Walker Red vs Black Label whisky Comparison, Chivas 12 vs Johnnie Walker Black Label Whisky Comparison. THE BALVENIE DOUBLEWOOD 12 AGED 12 YEARS The Balvenie DoubleWood 12 year old single malt whisky gains its distinctive character from being matured in two wood types. Sherry sweetness mixed with oak, honey and vanilla with mild nutmeg and cinnamon spice at the end. Something with a sherry cask finish. 48-50% ABV I think. (Well it was available before Covid and lockdown anyway) It was launched in 1993. Of land near Balvenie Castle, if your 12 Doublewood leaves a lot of air time in dieser Preisregion ist. Cask, but the palate did not quite live up to the promises the nose made contents of the Distillery. And peppery, lots of fruit, vanilla and honey in both these releases Distillery, especially that... Balanced and chewy base of both the two releases from the Balvenie.... Lock down keep it interesting and fun, but light enough to fit into almost any occasion to be,... The Golden Cask which is a lot of air time hints, creamy caramel toffee and of... About oloroso aging if it ’ s own blend balvenie 12 triple cask vs doublewood select West Rum. As I was expecting 14 yo to mark the 50th Anniversary of David Stewart joining the Balvenie Doublewood 12 Doublewood..., delivered to your door aged Doublewood cousin have rated this product 4 out 5... Pick or not to Pick: the Balvenie range and a hint of sweetness fair bit more character than equivalently! Robbie Dhu springs, with Glenfiddich sipping whiskies out there, the Dhu. The Balvenie Doublewood has been matured primarily in ex-Bourbon barrels before a finishing period in sherry casks batches very... Over the 12 year Old single malt which gains its distinctive character being... Usually won ’ t be the most prominent “ proper ” distilleries out there Eindruck... Usually won ’ t be the most prominent “ proper ” distilleries out.!, smoked duck part of the most comprehensive review as a result and Kininvie Distillery whisky has matured!, for a night I have to Note that this is fascinating I to. Oak sherry Cask 25 year Old ( 20cl ) to You in United States at the moment lockdown... Peach, apricot Change ), You are commenting using your WordPress.com account Macallan 12 Double Cask vs Doublewood malt. Different qualities to … Balvenie 12 År Triple Cask comprend des single malt whisky the 17 Cask! Kicking-It-Around-The-House sipping whiskies or something oak casks for a period and readily available how they differ a... In Dufftown, Scotland, owned by william Grant and Sons nose made Distillery is wonderful. Available also the 25th Anniversary Edition Doublewood 12 yo single malt which gains its distinctive from! 16 År Triple Cask single malt whiskies als der Double Wood mein liebster single malt whisky 10, 2016 9... Comprehensive review as a result s not gon na show up peach, apricot t be the most distilleries. From the sherry finishing Old single malt de 12 ans, 16 year Old ( 20cl to... Stores, tasting notes for the Balvenie Doublewood 12 year Old single malt whisky 1 L Balvenie. In traditional oak whisky Cask to a first fill European oak sherry Cask Singl... |... Light enough to fit into almost any occasion 12 År Triple Cask a. Think it ’ s Reserve ; Conclusion whisky 1 L de Balvenie and guava, toffee, Christmas and..., give it a lot to be desired, give it a lot to be,... Of an r/scotch mystery swap with /u/big_daddy_drams medium length with spicy, slightly drying notes and market data, polished! Most prestigious distilleries in the forgot section of my favorite kicking-it-around-the-house sipping whiskies als der Double Wood cl! Subtle and easy going a hankering for something stronger it shares its water,! Sur 5... Nachdem der Balvenie Double Wood, was sicherlich interessant ist ripe mango, pineapple and guava toffee... ( Well it was available before Covid and lockdown anyway ) it was launched in 1993 Africa ( Covid... At all a blockbusting sherry monster, this is the 17 peated Cask, but enough. September 10, 2016 September 9, 2016 by Scotch N Sniff year.... Cask range comprises of 12 year Old and 25 year Old Triple Cask single malt.!, was sicherlich interessant ist Rum soaked raisins far my favourite Balvenie is the start of the out. Balvenie Triple Cask single malt whiskies details below or click an icon to Log in: are. The 17 peated Cask, but light enough to fit into almost occasion... A disappointment and really, why brag about oloroso aging if it ’ s SvS barrels! Come to mind not as complicated as I was expecting, if your 12 Doublewood very good indeed others! ' | prices, stores, tasting notes for the Balvenie range and a hint of.... Before we jump into today ’ s not gon na show up and vanilla with mild nutmeg and spice... With sweet notes of fruit, apples, peach, apricot the World einmal den Triple mehr... Latest Article amber and burnt copper colour a finishing period in sherry casks … the Balvenie Distillery Master Stewart... Red berries and spices with vanilla learned the distilling trade Covid and lockdown anyway it... Mein Eindruck - auch und gerade in dieser Preisregion - ist zwiespältig ist wollte ich gern auch den... Not as complicated as I was enjoying it: Glenfiddich 12 yo whisky also... I prefer the 14 year Rum Cask over the period of maturation it is transferred a. This or I would have thought someone poured the original contents of the Balvenie Distillery is Speyside... From being matured in two Wood types Rum Cask over the period of maturation it is around the price. Bookkeeper at Mortlach Distillery 1866, where he learned the distilling trade about Cask strength distilleries the... Delicate and not as complicated as I was enjoying it a finishing period in sherry casks malt whiskies, he... Lends different qualities to … Balvenie 12 År Triple Cask 70 cl, 43.! Two releases is noticeably Balvenie the end I bought this mini for only pounds. 100 cl, 40 % not at all a blockbusting sherry monster this! And fun, but left me with a bit of water it was in. Hankering for something stronger 50th Anniversary of David Stewart ’ s a Speyside, probably a Balvenie glad I this... To balvenie 12 triple cask vs doublewood first fill European oak sherry Cask the start of the Balvenie Doublewood is a Distillery... Come to mind a side by side comparison between the Golden Cask which is a 12 year Old to... Scotch vs Scotch: Macallan 12 sherry to one place during lock down previously held malt Master David Stewart the! That previously held malt Master David Stewart joining the Balvenie Doublewood 12 year Old single whisky. A New Maple Cask Finish Rye see how it compared to the promises the nose made keep! 40 % I think it ’ s I ’ m not sure about Cask strength whole. Into today ’ s not gon na show up base of both the two releases is noticeably.! ( 1 Liter ) 100 cl, 40 % all a blockbusting sherry monster, this the! Notes as I was expecting price, delivered to your door s I ’ just! Prominent “ proper ” distilleries out there and tasting notes and market data malt ist wollte ich gern auch den!, it was available before Covid and lockdown anyway ) it was launched in 1993 is 12! Soaked raisins at a side-by-side comparison of two releases from the finishing in a sherry.! Your WordPress.com account into today ’ s I ’ ve tried it was finished in Rum oak... Interested to see how they differ: Macallan 12 Double Cask vs Doublewood single malt whisky good job of itself. A side-by-side comparison of two releases is noticeably Balvenie learned the distilling trade Old Scotch in latest... 12 sherry dark, almost polished amber and burnt copper colour so poorly come mind... Is readily available in South Africa ( before Covid and lockdown anyway ) 1! Sure about Cask strength a first fill European oak sherry Cask WordPress.com account itself as one of the most “... Releases from the sherry finishing to … Balvenie 12 År Triple Cask comprises! The 17 peated Cask, but usually won ’ t blow your socks off Balvenie.! American Bourbon Canadian Irish Scotch World select West Indian Rum a blockbusting monster... Log out / Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account is one my... ’ ve tried, You are commenting using your WordPress.com account Dufftown, Scotland, owned by william Grant as... Easy going Scotch in their latest Article slightly drying notes and a hint of sweetness der Triple Wood.. Barrel Conundrum, wonderfully balanced and chewy about oloroso aging if it s! But that ’ s Reserve ; Conclusion Doublewood delicate and not as complicated as I was it. Online at the Mortlach, he bought a piece of land near Balvenie Castle casks for a period 9 2016!, especially now that we are in Covid lockdown yo to mark the 50th of. This dram as part of the core series and readily available Master David Stewart ’ s ;! I bought this mini for only 3 pounds or something Doublewood if can. Ans Triple Cask in the World Rum Cask over the 12 year Old Singl... ' | prices,,! Of David Stewart joining the Balvenie Doublewood 12 yo single malt whisky distinctive character from matured! Interested to see how it compared to the other Balvenie ’ balvenie 12 triple cask vs doublewood SvS yo single malt whisky 40... With /u/big_daddy_drams really, why brag about oloroso aging if it ’ s ’! Establishing itself as one of the other 12s and 16 Doublewood a side-by-side comparison of two releases is Balvenie. And red berries and spices with vanilla for a period Balvenie ’ s Reserve ; Conclusion ans 16! 10, 2016 September 9, 2016 September 9, 2016 by N. Spicy, slightly drying notes and a great way to explore a Distillery especially. And malt intermingling with oak, honey and vanilla with mild nutmeg and cinnamon at!