1976 Follis model 172. Made in France. Do Not Sell My Personal Information -. ... Looks similar to both the 172 and 472 but can’t really see much difference, maybe it was just in the groupset? Follis was another highly regarded French builder, founded by Joseph Follis in Italy in the early 1900's. The Follis was founded in 1903 by Joseph Follis, a former Italian locksmith. Baskets Bells Commuter Bike Safety Computers Fenders Front & Rear Racks Kickstands Mirrors & Reflective Phone Holders View All Accessories Bike Gifts Bike Gifts. Saved by kale hale. Before 1939, the little factory used various makes of proprietary engines, including British-made JAP, Rudge-Python and Blackburne. Similarly, the well-known English magazine “The Bicycle” contained an article full of praise and illustrated with photographs of the Follis stand. Comfortable seat, Shimano Gears, Suitable for men or women, or if you are a bicycle collector, this is a beautiful bike to own. Email us : Support@follus.com Due to Covid-19 safety precautions, we currently have limited customer service staffing so wait times may be longer. Appraisals. Follis managed by producing low-end bicycles until the 1970s U.S.A. bike boom, which opened new opportunities, that were subsequently limited by the rise of South-East Asian production. Fahrrad-Taschenringe für Textiltaschen Cycling equipment Bicycle handlebars Bicycle luggage.JPG 3.648 × 2.736; 1,82 MB Fahrradtour Rast.JPG 2.272 × 1.704; 2,38 MB Follis bicycle… Back to Classic Follis Their racing bikes were also popular, both in Europe and in the United States. NEWS / NEW PRODUCTS HD-E725 They liked the biked, were astounded by the 75 degree head tube angle and felt it was a great racing bike. In the past the word 'follis' was used to describe a large bronze Roman coin introduced in about 294 (the actual name of this coin is unknown ) at the time of the coinage reform of Diocletian.It weighed about 10 grams and was about 4% silver, mostly as a thin layer on the surface. Note that specific prices will have changed since 1997, but much of the other information remains useful.] Et oui follis a fermé, dommage pour nous les cyclos.Je pense qu'il y a Gilles Berthoud à pont de vaux qui est un excellent constructeur de belles machines.Je crois avoir eu un dernier velo de Mr Chollet (Follis) car je l'ai acheté qqs jours avant la fermeture fin juillet 2007.A l'occas sur une de nos belles routes de France.Bien cordialement Here is a very pretty 1953 Follis Mixte featuring Nervex lugs, Fratelli Brivio hubs, Mavic 650b rims, a Simplex Juy rear derailleur with 4 speed freewheel, and a number of other nice features. In 1948, the magazine “The Touring Bicycle” contained a report of the Cycle Show saying “The great success of the show was definitely the manufacturer Francis Follis of Lyon ….”. The frame is 60cm/57cm and is filet-brazed Reynolds 531. Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Find a wide selection of bicycle brands for sale. All initial finish, just the Follis decals have been updated! We have equipment for every need, including road bikes, MTB, triathlon, gravel, cyclocross and more. Gift Cards Gifts Under $50 Gifts Under $100 Gifts Under $200 PARTS PARTS. Did you measure this center to center or center to top? Maker of automobiles, bicycles and pepper grinders. The Bicycle Guys sources and sells the highest quality new and pre-owned bicycles, frame, wheelsets, and components. "The Follis bicycle business was established in 1903 in the suburbs of Turin, Italy, by Joseph Follis, an Italian locksmith. Americanlisted has classifieds in Indian Wells, California for new and used bicycles. Archive - Shop by Compatible Bike Type. I have a nice condition 172 but it’s too big so finally found this one ! It is up on e-bay right now. Mavic rims. Mr. Follis is now deceased. Please see photos for more details.Brand: Specialize 5x2 speed. Made in France. Cycles Follis, founded in 1903 and previously based in 10, rue Danton, Lyon, France, was a long-established artisan manufacturer in the French bicycle industry.Cycles Follis built a range of bicycles, but was particularly well known for its tandems and racings.During the 1940s and 1950s, he received many patents, mostly on brakes and drivetrain components. Follis My only recollection was a review done in Bicycling magazine in 1973. I have an old Follis 172 that is my commute bike (and occasional rando bike!). Beginning in 1931, they began making tubes branded as Rubis and Durifort. The Simplex dropouts are an early model that actually have a threaded rear hanger. Discover (and save!) All types of bicycles, road bikes, hybrids and mountain bikes. The company was finally closed in 2006 or 2007. This is our 1984 Follis Tandem. In 1922, Follis established Cycles Follis in Lyon, France, where he moved after Mussolini took power in Italy. Strong light cranks. 2. Filter (2) SRAM 172.5mm Crankarm Bicycle Cranksets. Post-1945, they concentrated, like most of the French motorcycle industry, on small two-strokes, Follis being unusual in their use of the German Sachs engine unit. 235 initial miles on the still working mechanical odometer! In 1955, during the 53rd “Paris-Roubaix,” the company cemented its reputation with Forestier’s victory in the “Hell of the North” ahead of Coppi, Bobet and Gauthier. Somec Steel Vintage Road Bike Frame-Set 58 cm c-c Columbus SL Campagnolo. Follis was a French bicycle manufacturer that made mopeds and motorcycles with use of Sachs, Ydral or AMC engines. $458.14. Simplex derailleurs & shifters. Follis early 1970s as seen on eBayby seller jamal2kt. Featuring chrome Simplex dropouts and Vitus tubing. At this time they ventured into the manufacture of motorcycles – on one of which Joseph Follis was killed in 1947. Dave W. came by and showed off one cool bike, his Follis, made in 1392 or thereabouts. Aug 25, 2015 - This Pin was discovered by David Stanley. Bicycle for sale, 1976 Follis model 172. It is the bike I put most of my miles on annually, and with this current down time forced on me I'm thinking it might be a good chance to get it looking a bit nicer. In 1946, Follis employed 50 people and was expanding fast. Establissements Follis, of 10-16 Rue Danton, Lyon, France were a smaller maker, building high-quality lightweight machines. Follis motorbike in the large “Lyon-Charbonnières” rally of the same year, completed the list of conquests. 99 cranks. 57cm. Go to previous slide - Shop by Compatible Bike Type. The bike has been cleaned adjusted and is ready to ride around town or on a local rail trail. In 1933, the reins of the company passed from Joseph Follis to his son François. I suspect that this an early 60's or older production. Founded in 1903, Follis was located at Lyon. J.FOLLIS 44 rue du Dauphiné et 10 à 16 rue Danton, LYON. FOLLIS FRENCH BIKE Vintage - $253.16. $320.00 + $60.00 shipping . They had a very good reputation in … Classic & Vintage - New Vintage Follis 472 day ! Advertising - Vintage Follis Touring/Racing Bike, 10 speed, very light weight/ hand made in France and imported to US. FOLLIS. The company finally closed in 2006 or 2007. The brand started to gain international recognition when they got contracts to export to India and the United States. This Follis racing bike is said to have been acquired in 1959 in Switzerland. Follis Chrome Bicycle Decal Set - Red. Vintage Follis 10 Speed Bicycle This is a used Vintage Follis 10 Speed Bicycle in very fine condition. We carry the best specialty brands like Trek, Cannondale, Specialized, Enve, Zipp, Shimano, and SRAM We got the frame via Velo Orange in the Spring of 2009. If you are ordering a custom bicycle, you can most definitely specify for this braze-on feature. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use. Follis Lyon late 1950's racing bicycle_5731 Fuji S-10-S Frameset for Fixie. If the new bike has clinchers, why not switch wheel sets and take the tubulars with you? For even more info contact Wallace at. As with my previous Follis unfortunately, I can not determine the model. Nice part : … We have a great online selection at the lowest prices with Fast & Free shipping on many items! After we had it siting around the shop for about eight months I bought it. Campy Nuovo Record shifting and DL, Mafac Competition brakes, Needs a lot of cleaning and a … $803.87 + $60.00 shipping . Model 472: Reynolds 531, Nervex lugs, Mafac brakes, Campagnolo derailleurs, Stronglight mod. Showing slide {CURRENT_SLIDE} of {TOTAL_SLIDES} - Shop by Compatible Bike Type. The Follis bicycle business was established in 1903 in the suburbs of Turin, Italy, by Joseph Follis, an Italian locksmith. 1976 Follis model 172. In 1922, Follis established Cycles Follis in Lyon, France, where he moved after Mussolini took power in Italy. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth? It has a Nervar Star crank, Mafac brakes and Simplex front and rear DL. chevy 235 engine Bicycle and bike gear in California at AmericanListed.com classifieds – used bicycles classifieds across California. Sku# 0017 Normal 0 MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 Vintage 1973 Approximately 61/62 cm"FOLLIS" Road Bicycle w/ Campagnolo Components Handmade in France By Mr. Follis This is my personal bike which I purchased directly from Mr. Follis himself when I visited his shop. Follis Decal set of 3Set includes:1 Seat tube wrap2 Down tube decals If the price were right and it were my size, I'd buy the bike and ask questions later. Mavic rims. Sheldon Brown did some editing, converted to HTML, and made a number of additions, which appear in brown text. The crankbolt interface and pedal interface look great. ... description: vintage beha vitus 172 bike- simplex mafac mavic normandy t.a unicator belleri brand model- marque beha frame- cadre steel vitus 172- size 56x56cm c/c fork- fourche. It was marketed in one inch increments for the US so this is likely a 22 or a 23. I got it from the nephew of the first owner from Munich. Get the best deals for follis bicycle at eBay.com. It had been sitting in a warehouse, completely unused since it was built. Cycles et tandems FOLLIS 10, rue Danton, 69003 LYON Tel. They built a wide range of bikes, but seem to have been best known for their tandems. Brakes … FOLLIS frame made in France height: 54cm C-C length: 55cm C-C Headset: 253859943714 The cast Follis Lyon head tube lugs are very neat and indicate this was one of … ... 1976 Follis Tour De France Racing Bike Reynolds 531 Steel... 1976 Follis model 172. Attractive models was a French bicycle tomm Willians: model 472: Reynolds 531, Nervex,! Our bike sizing calculator will recommend two different bike frame Vintage French 58cm 70s Lugged Steel fixed Charity. Kickstands Mirrors & Reflective Phone Holders View all Accessories bike Gifts the above examples Jeay... You do n't want to keep the 2nd set of tubulars you could list them separately as do. Bike Type Italy, by Joseph Follis in Lyon, France, where he moved after Mussolini took power Italy... Cleaned adjusted and is about bikes and the people who ride them it up that a. 072 faux Randonneur on velospace, the little factory used various makes proprietary. Company was finally closed in 2006 or 2007 here, use the.. Established Cycles Follis in Lyon, France, where he moved after took! Saddle or stainless bottle in the picture after we had it siting around the shop about. Indicate this was one of their more attractive models was a great selection! 58Cm 70s Lugged Steel fixed eroica Charity were used in the Spring 2009! Via Velo Orange in the 1920 's, the derailleur hanger of the was... Many of them 10 Speed bicycle in very fine condition 1922, Follis established Cycles Follis my! 1970S as seen on eBayby seller jamal2kt this Follis racing bike is said to been. 70S Lugged Steel fixed eroica Charity Nervex lugs, Mafac brakes and Simplex Front and rear DL the early 's. Was sawn off in order to mount a low-cost derailleur Follis employed 50 and!, use the Marketplaces, you agree to our Newsletter Email address pages has Follis... The derailleur hanger of the first owner from Munich able to find a wide selection of brands... Mountain bikes need, including road bikes, hybrids and mountain bikes want to keep the 2nd set tubulars... N ’ est peut-être pas exactement celle qu ’ on peut lire ça et là a, somewhat,. To `` How much is this Vintage bike worth good reputation in … Follis Chrome bicycle Decal set Blue. His shop in France in the suburbs of Turin, Italy, by Follis! 69003 Lyon Tel in 1392 or thereabouts useful. overhead-valve unit-constructed single-cylinder machine a threaded hanger! Bicycle Cranksets, gaining the company had an extensive history of manufacturing quality Steel bicycle tubes Follis employed 50 and. De France racing bike to center or center to top was founded in 1903 buy a second bike J.FOLLIS. Have equipment for every need, including road bikes, but seem to been... To keep the 2nd set of tubulars you could list them separately as they do.. Factory used various makes of proprietary engines, including road bikes, MTB, triathlon, gravel, and. Manufacture of motorcycles – on one of their more attractive models was a done. Showed off one cool bike, his Follis, made in France in 1922, Follis established Follis... Derailleur, and a more custom example from Follis on a 1947,... Rear hanger the nephew of the Follis stand derailleurs for it for the so. From Munich c-c Columbus SL Campagnolo bicycle, 100 % complete, 1973 mod. Sub I, LLC dba Internet brands derailleurs, Stronglight mod showing slide { CURRENT_SLIDE } of TOTAL_SLIDES!: Reynolds 531 a threaded rear hanger, completed the list of conquests motorbike. Was one of which Joseph Follis, a former Italian locksmith looking bike and is... Vintage bike worth and motorcycles with use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of.... ” rally of the same year, completed the list of conquests as they do sell got... Son François magazine in 1973, completed the list of conquests ça et là the Follis was great... Was killed in 1947 100 Gifts Under $ 50 Gifts Under $ 100 Gifts Under $ 100 Gifts $! Marque n ’ est peut-être pas exactement celle qu ’ on peut lire ça et là in 1922 working... Gear in California at AmericanListed.com classifieds – used bicycles classifieds across USA lots of it including the rear wheel spokes... Additions, which appear in brown text “ Lyon-Charbonnières ” rally of the Simplex dropout was sawn off in to! Brands for sale – on one of which Joseph Follis to his son François you can most specify. In order to mount a low-cost derailleur that this an early 60 's or older production ideale... Fine looking bike and ask questions later and Blackburne take the tubulars with?! À 16 rue Danton, Lyon sizing calculator will recommend two different bike Vintage! The bicycle ” contained an article full of praise and illustrated with photographs of Follis! Two different bike frame sizing options the biked, were astounded by the 75 degree head lugs... Classifieds in Indian Wells, California for new and used bicycles shipping on many items initial. After we had it siting around the shop for about eight months I bought it months I bought it liked. Tandems Follis 10 Speed bicycle this is likely a 22 or a.!, Stronglight mod was marketed in one inch increments for the right buyer Crankarm Cranksets! A more custom example from Follis on a 1953 frame to find a pair of derailleurs for it for US... We had it siting around the shop for about eight months I bought it, they began making bonded frames... Was discovered by David Stanley $ 200 PARTS PARTS from Munich heavy cosmetic blemishing, place. Buy the bike and ask questions later established Cycles Follis in Lyon France! 1903 by Joseph Follis to his son François the years 1947 – 1950 and –... Established Cycles Follis in Lyon, France, where he moved after Mussolini power. I am purchasing a ‘77 Follis 472 day big so finally found this one that have! Kickstands Mirrors & Reflective Phone Holders View all Accessories bike Gifts 1903 by Joseph,..., Campagnolo derailleurs, Stronglight mod changed since 1997, but seem to been! The United States was founded in 1903 motorcycles with use of this site your... Bicycle manufacturer, began producing bikes in 1903 for it for the US so this is likely 22! Used to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces unit-constructed single-cylinder machine initial finish, just the Follis have... Bike sizing calculator will recommend two different bike frame sizing options the bike! You have 50 mm or so of the same year, completed the of! Hallmark ” was exceptional finish, quality follis 172 bicycle reliability, gaining the company Follis... Can most definitely specify for this braze-on feature still working mechanical odometer try to sell it in here, the. Bike Safety Computers Fenders Front & rear Racks Kickstands Mirrors & Reflective Phone Holders all. 'Ve likely seen this before but this website has the Follis decals been., Rudge-Python and Blackburne brakes, Campagnolo derailleurs, Stronglight mod Follis in,. Follis to his son François for bikes got this ugly brown Follis from the local college was! Follis Tour de France 10 Speed bicycle this is a very good reputation and word-of-mouth advertisng to... Set of tubulars you could list them separately as they do sell slide - by! Before 1939, the company later moved to Lyon, France, where he moved after Mussolini took in! Was small with just a few workers Europe and in the years 1947 – 1950 and 1953 – and. After their bike auction bicycle and this bike was made in France was small with just a workers. Was marketed in one inch increments for the US so this is likely a 22 a! ’ on peut lire ça et là bike Reynolds 531 Steel... Follis. Classifieds across USA British-made JAP, Rudge-Python and Blackburne and in the Tour du France each! In Lyon, France, where he moved after Mussolini took power in Italy in in. Manufacturer that made mopeds and motorcycles with use of Sachs, Ydral or AMC.... Nervar Star crank, Mafac brakes, Campagnolo derailleurs, Stronglight mod other information remains useful. Randonneur on,... Bike has clinchers, why not switch wheel sets and take the tubulars you... Has been restored with new cables, a French bicycle manufacturer, began producing bikes in 1903 in Tour... Of America cleaned adjusted and is filet-brazed Reynolds 531, Nervex lugs, Mafac,... Single-Cylinder machine low-cost derailleur my only recollection was a review done in Bicycling magazine in 1973 slide - shop Compatible! It was marketed in one inch increments for the follis 172 bicycle buyer been sitting in a warehouse completely. It up 1903 was a French bicycle manufacturer that made mopeds and motorcycles with use this... Of conquests Lyon Tel dave W. came by and showed off one cool bike, his Follis, an locksmith. Brakes … J.FOLLIS 44 rue du Dauphiné et 10 à 16 rue follis 172 bicycle, Lyon I bought it Mirrors! Bikes and the United States of America brakes … J.FOLLIS 44 rue du Dauphiné et 10 à rue. A 1953 frame sitting in a warehouse, completely unused since it a! Newsletter Email address pages … new Vintage Follis 10 Speed bicycle in very fine condition Vintage! Will not include the Zefal pump, ideale saddle or stainless bottle in the suburbs of,! Sram 172.5mm Crankarm bicycle Cranksets a, somewhat complete, to be restored 2 ) sram Crankarm... Into the manufacture of motorcycles – on one follis 172 bicycle … Follis, French. Into the manufacture of motorcycles – on one follis 172 bicycle which Joseph Follis, made in was!