vs. vs. 51 facts in comparison. If you’re into printing really large, I can understand why you might be griping about 16MP, but if you’re mostly sending your photos online, the main thing more than 16MP will get you is the need to buy more disk space sooner, and more computing power to deal with the files. Fujifilm X100S has the same height and width with Fujifilm X100T. As with the X-T2 and X-Pro2, Fujifilm has integrated a joystick-type lever among these. The latest Fuji camera to hit the streets is the FUJIFILM X100S Black Edition. Now that I’ve had a good amount of time with the new UI of the X100T, going back to “old” is tough. I don’t mean to suggest Flash is less important than conversions, but if you either want or don’t want the flash to fire, you know pretty quick if you’ve set it wrong. Bizarrely, and unfortunately, Fuji forgot about the grips on the Aperture Ring, which still have the old slotted grip style. 16 MP Like really well. If weather sealing is a must-have feature for you, check these sections: Top Compact Cameras with Weather Sealing. Those days hopefully behind us. That’s an increase on the 270 (EVF) and 390 (OVF) frames on the X100F. vs. Fujifilm X100T. vs. Fujifilm X70. Connector Cover: It feels like the plastic here got a little thinner, and the door could easily be snapped off, but that’s no different from the X100(S). The X-E2 was a transitional period, but the X-T1 and X100T share D-pad functionality. It has been notoriously easy to bump out of place on every Fuji camera to date aside from the X-T1. vs. Fujifilm X30. Let's read on the following sections in order to better understand in detail how Fujifilm X100F and Fujifilm X100S compares and hopefully end up with enough arguments to decide which one is better for you. This includes exposure control, live view and touch focusing, as well as the possibility to transfer your images from the camera to your device. I could definitely see how for the commuter, being able to charge my camera the same way I do my phone via my laptop’s USB port would be nice, but in those cases I’m not using my camera so much that batteries die with regularity, and when I’m in a situation when I know I’ll be chewing through batteries, I typically have the foresight to bring a couple extras along. The combination of the smaller screen and chunkier icons make the whole thing feel dated; a little like going back to a monitor that’s 1024 × 768. Surely the release of firmware version 2.0 for the X100 was a much more significant update than adding things like an extra Film Simulation mode and interval shooting. Fujifilm X100T has external dimensions of 127 x 74 x 52 mm (5 x 2.91 x 2.05″) and weighs 440 g (0.97 lb / 15.52 oz) (including batteries). Fujifilm X100S was introduced to market in July 2013 and Fujifilm X100T was launched in September 2014. It would be easier to know where my finger is on the switch when not looking at it. Again?” Yep, those rumour sites can sure wreak havoc on expectations. Fujifilm X100S and Fujifilm X100T features 35 mm F2.0 Prime lenses so they have the same focal reach and light collecting ability. But at the same time— I know a lot of you guys who shoot digital were interested in the new Fujifilm X100T. No mushy D-pads here. D-pad: So long, rear rotary dial dial. Fujifilm X100T is 5g lighter than the Fujifilm X100S but we don't think this will make a significant difference. The X100T is a further refinement to Fuji’s X100 line. Screens that show pixels quickly become very noticeable. Fujifilm X100S. I find myself groping for the switch a few times before I get a hold of it. Our Decision Algorithm dynamically scores cameras using 63 different specs, current price and DxO Mark scores (where possible) in order to make a more objective and consistent comparison. The top plate has seen a number of minor refinements. Size and weight is a big decision factor when you are trying to find the ideal camera for your needs. Both cameras offer a resolution of 16 megapixels. Fujifilm X100S and Fujifilm X100T have sensor sizes so they will provide same level of control over the depth of field when used with same focal length and aperture. The X100S is the better used buy. Focus Mode Selector: Overall an improvement. I really ought to write about some of the individual improvements as well. In this section, we rank and compare Fujifilm X100S and Fujifilm X100T for five different photography types in order to make your decision process easier in case you are specifically interested in one or more of these areas. With the conversions lenses, you could capture quite a number of images before realizing you’ve set it wrong. This better for both form, and function in my opinion. While this might seem obvious, it seems a lot of people considering which Fuji camera to buy only take one or the other into consideration. Weight is another important factor especially when deciding on a camera that you want to carry with you all day. At a quick glance, and even an extended examination by those who aren’t entrenched in the camera world, they are extremely similar. | APS-C (23.6 x 15.8 mm) CMOS X-TRANS II Sensor. Both the X100T and the XF10 are fixed lens compact cameras that are equipped with an APS-C sensor. That’s just where it goes. (Fuji had better spent a couple of dollars & throw in some weatherproofing gaskets as well). Hopefully, our detailed overview of these models has helped you consider all the main specs, pros and cons of each cameras. vs. Sony Alpha 7. vs. Fujifilm X100S. I’ve grown so accustom to having extra batteries with my Fuji cameras that I’m rarely left without a charge, and I’m perfectly happy to slap my dead battery in the smaller third-party charger with an integrated flip-out plug I keep permanently stuck in an outlet when I get home. The X100T has bigger pixels. Viewfinder switch: The style of the switch has gone back to the original design. Introduction. This is a big feature for me. vs. Canon EOS M3. X100S owners who aren’t prepared to upgrade are the first Fuji owners who are justified in feeling snubbed, however I’ll curb my concern about a shift in ethos until at least one more camera that should get features from an update, but doesn’t. Canon EOS Rebel T4i vs Fujifilm X100S. Let’s take this one by one, starting with the top: Power Switch: Starting off on the bad end of things, the Power Switch, while essentially the same, is just a little bit worse on the T. It seems extremely easy to accidentally switch on as more than a few times I’ve looked down at the camera to see that it’s on. Find out which is better and their overall performance in the camera ranking. The Fujifilm X-T100 and the Fujifilm X100T are two digital cameras that were officially introduced, respectively, in May 2018 and September 2014. I’m perfectly satisfied with 16MP. Both dials also feature more selections. Love this feature. We did get some minor improvements there, but they’re software related. I really hope this isn’t the case as “Kaizen” has been one of the Fujifilm brand’s most lauded characteristics. On the other hand, Fujifilm X100T has a 16.0MP APS-C (23.6 x 15.8 mm) sized CMOS X-TRANS II sensor and features EXR Processor II processor. Top Fn button: Fuji made slight changes to this button too. Fujifilm X100S. Fuji managed to bring the best of both worlds to the X100T. You may be wondering why you should bother considering a new camera when you were originally planning to buy a lens. It’s just the right distance from the back of the camera so you’ll never have any trouble turning it. Sadly, Fujifilm Japan has confirmed the X100S will not be receiving any further upgrades to its firmware. Shutter Speed and Exposure Compensation dials: Both of of these dials have improved, but the Exposure Compensation dial has improved a lot. This is principally used to help to speed up AF point selection, and is a very welcome contro… It works well, but it is definitely more convenient to have WiFi built into the camera. On the X100T, you can use the old versions but you need to manually select the correct converter in the menu … I had been putting this entire section off in anticipation of Fuji announcing some “Kaizen” action for the X100S. Kaizen aside, the X100T would still be a nice evolutionary upgrade over the hypothetical Firmware Version 3.0 X100S. It makes much more sense now as it is bidirectional, and it looks better, but it doesn’t feel quite as solid as the X100S does. In this article, I will look at both categories independent of the other, in addition to the cameras as a whole. This contrasts with the more even distribution around the X100T’sback-plate, which saw buttons lining both sides of the rear display. Not only the is the LCD larger, but the handling as not suffered as a result, and in fact feels more organized and harmonious. The edge below the hotshoe has changed slightly, as did the contour around the Exposure Compensation dial. There is 13 months difference between X100S and X100T so we don't expect to see a huge technology difference between these two cameras but it would still give an advantage to younger X100T, especially in sensor tech. The X100F’s rear plate is more minimal in design than the X100T’s, with its controls more easily accessible with the right-hand thumb. I love it. I don’t expect anyone who isn’t quickly switching between both cameras would ever notice this though. Fujifilm X100T was replaced by Fujifilm X100F. With the new camera, Fujifilm released the mark II versions of these converters. Both Fujifilm X100S and Fujifilm X100T cameras have 16.0MP APS-C sensors. It’s slightly larger, and is slightly less clicky, resulting in slightly worse tactile feedback. Thank you! Now lets look at the top view comparison of Fujifilm X100S and Fujifilm X100T. Home > Camera comparison > Fujifilm X100S vs Fujifilm X100T. (Plus X-T4 stuff), Breathing New Life Into Early X-Trans With Capture One, Advanced hybrid viewfinder, with electronic rangefinder (ERF), After focus is acquired during autofocus and real time on manual focus, 6 fps to a maximum of 25 frames (JPEG) or 3 to card capacity, 6 fps to a maximum of 31 frames (JPEG) or 3 to card capacity (Assumed), 3 or 5 fps to a maximum of 10 frames (JPEG), 1/32,000 of a second electronic, 1/4000 of a second mechanical at f/8-16, 1/2000 at f/4-5/6, 1/1000 at f/2-2.8, 1/4000 of a second mechanical at f/8-16, 1/2000 at f/4-5/6, 1/1000 at f/2-2.8, FUJINON 23mm f/2.0 fixed lens (35mm equivalent), Standard Q Menu (configurable to “RAW” button with firmware 2.0), “Up to” 700 photos per charge when using OVF only and Power Save mode on, Yes – More frame rate options, shoot video through OVF, manual exposure set during video, Slightly less deep126.5 (W) x 74.4 (H) x 53.9 (D) mm. Let's read on the following sections in order to better understand in detail how Fujifilm X100S and Fujifilm X100T compares and hopefully end up with enough arguments to decide which one is better for you. Nitpicks aside, it’s a huge improvement from the toggle. If image quality is very important for you and you want to get the most bang for your bucks, choose the Fujifilm X-Pro2. I never have, not even close, but I’ve read others complain about it. The second generation was a relevant step forward in comparison to first X100 (although some aficionados still prefer the original with its 12MP Bayer sensor). Fujifilm X100S has external dimensions of 127 x 74 x 54 mm (5 x 2.91 x 2.13″) and weighs 445 g (0.98 lb / 15.70 oz) (including batteries). The groove below the power switch has also been removed to the detriment of usability. Finally, if you engage the Dual Display for focus preview, you can actually see the tiny neutral density filter pop up and down in the front of the OVF. Ultimately the pragmatic side of me wins. Aperture ring: Personally I never had a problem with full stops on my aperture ring. It just made sense, and surely the Firmware Version 2.0 that the original X100 received was a far more significant. Bigger is better, so long as size doesn’t come with cramped controls or compromised handling. There is one glaring omission for me, and that is the build materialfor the main body of the camera. The less rational side of me draws a comparison with smartphones and how the tech industry would react if, for instance, Apple releases an iPhone with the exact same chipset, and “only” OS-level improvements to make the phone faster. Fujifilm X100T vs Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X100T vs Fujifilm X100F. It’s tough not to be spoiled by all the retina screens we have now. Price comparison. Fujifilm X-T100 vs X100T. The X100S was replaced by the Fujifilm X100T, while the X100F was followed by the Fujifilm X100V. The X100T is so much better handling and gives far better images under a far broader range of conditions than any DSLR, mirrorless, compact or even LEICA camera that there is no contest. I have been shooting with the Fuji X100 series (X100s / X100t) for several years now, and I can say with complete confidence that these cameras have changed my photographic life. vs. Fujifilm X100S. Fujifilm X100 was introduced to market in May 2011 and Fujifilm X100S … The OVF has seen a number of refinements for manual focusers. There may be a few others, but otherwise the user interface is an improvement. vs. Fujifilm X70. X100S owners lamented that the firmware all but exists, but would not be available to them. We heard everything from 24MP to a tilt screen to an all new lens design. Below you can see the front view size comparison of Fujifilm X100S and Fujifilm X100T. The D-pad is fully configurable—just press and hold to select your function—and the buttons are all satisfying to use. I'll be rebuying the original X100, and won't upgrade to any future x100 model that doesn't have an improved lens and/or a return to Bayer sensors. 13.5% more megapixels (main camera) ... Fujifilm X100S. Search. Even depressing it to use as a button is significantly better. I really wish the Shutter Speed dial turned all the way round so I could quickly switch between Auto and Bulb without going through the entire range. It’s quite natural for your thumb to fall on the rear dial which can result in unintentional presses or selections. Thanks! After a few firmware releases, it became what I would equate to a public beta. In fact, I’d have preferred to disable the fine-tuning control of the aperture with the rear toggle of the X100(S) as it would often be changed accidentally. vs. Fujifilm FinePix X100. Here is the back view size comparison of Fujifilm X100S and Fujifilm X100T. ... Fujifilm X100S. Still, the performance on each isn’t great. A comparison of Fuji’s X100, X100S, X100T Converters and the Fuji primes. Fortunately the gushing seems to have waned a little more recently. Focus ring: We now have a vastly superior cross-hatched pattern on the focus ring. The physical controls of the X100T are a bit of a mixed bag. Why Fuji decided to move it down one rather than simply placing View Mode below it, is beyond me. Of course, the Fujfilm X100T brings a lot of new features and improvements. After a few firmware releases, it became what I would equate to a public beta. You may have already made your decision about which camera suits better for your needs and your budget so far but in case you wonder how we rated Fujifilm X100S and Fujifilm X100T, below you can find their scores in five different aspects. It’s a joy to turn with perfect tactile feedback in the clicks. Like I said in Fuji Views, it’s WiFi that I’d really miss if I had to switch back to X100S. Find out where the X100F wins! Having to manually adjust the ISO settings when in auto was a bit of a pain. The X100T is less expensive and has bigger pixels. On the other hand, with a thickness of 54mm, it is 2mm thicker. A lot of people were curious whether it was “worth” the upgrade from the original X100, or the X100s (and my thoughts on it vs. the Fujifilm X-T1). Rear buttons: I didn’t have any problem with the buttons on the left side of the LCD on the X100(S), but the X100T buttons are just as good functionally, and look better too. So perhaps it’s not really a bonus unless you used to lose your X100 cap a lot. If you’d like to purchase one of these cameras, or anything else for that matter, please consider using one of the Amazon affiliate links below. As a side note, the notion that this feature will not be seen on the X100S is a particularly tough pill to swallow after Zack Arias revealed that he had a “hacked” X100S with Classic Chrome on it. Both Fujifilm X100S and Fujifilm X100T have APS-C sized 16.0 MP resolution sensors so sensor size and resolution is not a differentiator between these two cameras. If you enjoy the content, you can help by using any of the links below. Removing anti-alias filter increases the sharpness and level of detail but at the same time, it increases the chance of moire occurring in certain scenes. Unfortunately neither Fujifilm X100S nor Fujifilm X100T provides any type of weather sealing in their body, so you have to give extra care especially when you are shooting outdoors. For about $50 extra, you get a faster camera with a better EVF and a higher resolution sensor (16MP vs 12MP). Fujifilm X100T vs XF10. The Image Review button has no business being anywhere but the top left of every camera. The S is the first release, and the T contains all the refinements needed to cement the X100’s position as being the one Fuji camera I’d have, if I could only choose one. With the Fourth release, Fujifilm brings a relevant improvement. In this review, we will be comparing X100S and X100T, two Large Sensor Compact cameras by Fujifilm. Shutter release: Exactly the same threaded shutter release as found on previous models. The Fujifilm X100T and the Fujifilm XF10 are two digital cameras that were revealed to the public, respectively, in September 2014 and July 2018. A common gripe with Fujifilm shooters is the rather underwhelming battery performance. It’s easy to look at all 3 iterations of the X100, and think little has changed. Fujifilm has unveiled the X100F; the fourth in its series of X100 rangefinder-style cameras with improved features. A comparison between the Fuji X100T, the X100S, and the X100. The X-T100 is a mirrorless interchangeable lens camera, while the X100T is a fixed lens compact. Originally Published: September, 2014 Last Update: November, 2014. The differences between the X100S and X100T were more subtle. Both cameras have APS-C sensors but Fujifilm X100 has a 12.0 MP and Fujifilm X100S has a 16.0 MP resolution. The XF 23mm f/2 R WR is one of the most recent lenses from Fujifilm and is part of the attractively priced f/2 line-up. So here is a Fujifilm X100F vs X100T vs X100S vs X100 comparison that shows the highlights to help you for decision.. We are sure that only the X100T specs comparison will suffice for existing Fuji users. The gushing over this Film Simulation reached near intolerable levels for me, and actually made it less desirable to use. The price is the same for you, but a small percentage of the purchase price goes to me, which helps keep this site going. Just use the links below for any of your online shopping to help me keep testing, reviewing, and comparing. Why is Canon EOS Rebel T4i better than Fujifilm X100S? In general, the X100T feels better in the hand and it a more pleasant camera to use. It would seem that just about everyone believed as I did that once the initial sales of X100T’s to early adopters died down, we’d see an X-E2 Firmware Version 3 style upgrade for the X100S. I still intend to see if I can make USB charging part of my photographic routine, but so far, it’s barely entered my mind. It’s almost too hard to get off. vs. Fujifilm X70. Find out where the X100V wins! I’ve had this as a header in my review intending to be rather effusive about how nice this feature is to have, but to be honest, I haven’t even remembered to pack the cable in order to try this feature out. In this section, We are going to illustrate Fujifilm X100S and Fujifilm X100T side-by-side from the front, back and top in their relative dimensions. While I can understand the motivations behind Fuji not updating the XI00S any further, the flies in the face of the reputation Fuji had created for itself as being the camera company that doesn't leave its users behind. Remote control your camera with a smartphone, Useful for tough lighting conditions and HDR, 2350k dot Electronic and Optical (tunnel) viewfinder, 2360k dot Electronic and Optical (tunnel) viewfinder. The X100s does not have WiFi but it does support Eye Fi memory cards for easy wireless transfer of images to your computer. As mentioned, the body has changed slightly. Find out which is better and their overall performance in the camera ranking. Looking for a Fujifilm X100T vs Fujifilm X-T200 comparison? The act of selecting modes is much more sure, and precise. The buttons on the right of the LCD all work better in my opinion. Fuji are also bringing consistency to how their cameras operate. Only 16MP. I personally still lean towards PRO Neg. The aperture is the only metal part with grip that hasn’t been updated. In use, however, the X100S offered at least a few improvements to its hardware along with some minor styling changes, and the X100T has more refinements still. The X100T is the third generation of Fujifilm’s premium series of APS-C compact cameras with a fixed 23mm lens. The DRIVE button is somewhat senselessly placed right next to the dial that can’t be used to make your selection, and too far from the D-pad that can. Considering the new X-T4 promises 600 frames per charge, the new X100V is well under par by … Almost too well. The Fuji Views blog contains thoughts and opinions on Fujifilm, the compact mirrorless camera market, and photography in general. It has better image quality and better value than Fujifilm X100T. The Shutter Speed dial extends the range of selection on the slow end, offering both ½ second and a full second clicks, and Exposure Compensation can now be dialled to ±3EV. Fuji X100T vs. X100S vs. X100 a little too. It reminds me of a high quality mouse wheel. We’ll start with hardware, but for those looking for a quick answer to the question about whether or not to buy, here it is: If you would like to purchase either of these cameras, or anything else for that matter, please consider using one of the affiliate links below. Parallax is corrected on the fly, and a handy Electronic Rangefinder (ERF) that pops up in the lower right corner, giving you a zoomed in Focus Assist-like preview of your selected focus point. What is the difference between Fujifilm X70 and Fujifilm X100S? Me? I bring this up here because these grips are thought to be necessary in part because of the layout. I was hoping that finish would be applied to the X100. Below you can see the X100S and X100T sensor size comparison. Here is a summary of how Fujifilm X100S and Fujifilm X100T scores compare: Fujifilm X100T has a higher Overall Score than the Fujifilm X100S and would be our choice if we have to decide between these two cameras. The price is the same for you, but a small percentage of the purchase price goes to me, which really helps keep this site going. In some ways I liked the dial, mostly for quickly scrolling through Fuji’s menus which tend to change with every camera. I wouldn’t have minded seeing improvements to noise handling or dynamic range, however. Below you can find the latest models from this series. This ad and tracker-free website’s biggest source of support by far comes from you, its readers, at no cost. This is a serious bummer, really disappointed a lot of Fuji fans, and spawned many articles and forum posts questioning how dedicated Fuji is to their own mantra. They have mostly improved in subtle, but meaningful ways with only a couple missteps. Both cameras have a wide angle coverage of 35mm and have the same max aperture of f2.00 at this focal length. Another key component that hasn’t seen an update; the X100T contains the same EXR Processor II as the X100S. Maybe, after reading this comparison, some of you have already decided which option to opt for depending on your needs and preferences. The X100 series has two optional accessories, the WCL wide-angle and TCL tele converters that change the angle of view of the lens to a 28mm or 50mm equivalent respectively. If you want to make sure your Fuji pics look like as many other people’s as possible, the best thing you can do is shoot Classic Chrome these days. If you’re anything like me though, you probably have an X-T1 as well that you could put your X100S’ SD card to transfer your shots to you iPhone. Fujifilm X-Pro2 scores higher than the Fujifilm X100T in Overall. Both cameras are equipped with an APS-C sensor. Hi when Classic Chrome would be a consideration. Fujifilm X100T $ 599. Perhaps this is a somewhat controversial stance on a Film Sim that’s so adored by many, but I don’t think it’s a feature worth choosing a camera for. The odd one out is the DRIVE button on the X100T; it’s inexplicably soft. On the other hand, Fujifilm X100T is more portable and has more features than Fujifilm X-Pro2. Now I can quickly go from a slower minimum shutter speed and lower ISO range when I’m able to steady myself to faster shutter speeds with a larger ISO range when I’m walking down the street grabbing shots or shooting from the hip. A comparison between the Fuji X100, X100S, X100T and the Fuji FUJINON XF 27mm f/2.8 including sharpness and bokeh. 99 $ 1,089. vs. Fujifilm X100T. The X100F feels like the most refined camera yet. I rarely have much need for ⅓ stop increments on my aperture. If I have to complain, it’s almost turns too easily. The Fujifilm X100 is a series of digital compact cameras with a fixed prime lens.Originally part of the Finepix line, then becoming a member of the X series from Fujifilm, the X100 series includes the FinePix X100, X100S, X100T, X100F, and X100V. vs. Fujifilm FinePix X10. The X100T has bigger pixels. Looking for a Fujifilm X100T vs Fujifilm X100F comparison? The X100T has a resolution of 16 megapixels, whereas the XF10 provides 24 MP. Another place I could see this being of use is in a USB-equipped car. The latter is the most ridiculous given the WCL and TCL Converters would almost certainly not work with a new lens, but I digress. I think we can expect this to come to the X-Pro2, and X-E3 when they arrive. The X100T … The added resolution is more than welcome too. I said it on Twitter and I’ll say it hear, a factory-modified firmware that includes and additional Film Simulation mode ≠ a shippable firmware update. Both cameras have a tele angle reach of 35mm and have the same max aperture of f2.00 at this focal length. X100S and X100T are members of Fujifilm's X100 series of cameras. You may also be interested in these comparisons: Fujifilm X100F vs Fujifilm X100T Fujifilm X100F vs Fujifilm X100S. If you hadn’t thought of that already, you’re welcome. I wish Fuji thought to add the cross-hatched grip here as well as the is the ring that needed it most in my opinion. Another difference between these two cameras is that Fujifilm X100S's sensor lacks anti-alias (Low-Pass) filter. vs. Fujifilm FinePix X100. The left Microphone and a small screw have lost the indentation that previously housed them. I'd like to share my experiences with them, discuss some technical aspects, and show some images. This ad and tracker-free site is made possible by the support its readers. Since the release of the original Fujifilm X100 in 2011, there have been a total of four updates to the camera: X100S, X100T, X100F, and the latest is the X100V. I can hear a lot of you now, “16 megapixels? The depth of the grip is actually the same, but the depth of the rest of the body has slimmed down slightly giving the impression of more of a grip. Consider this a walk through my journey with the Fuji… It also doesn’t come with a premium price over its silver sibling. Fujifilm X100F vs Fujifilm X100T: Sensor Comparison Fujifilm X100F has a 24.0MP APS-C (23.6 x 15.6 mm) sized CMOS X-TRANS III sensor and features X-Processor Pro processor.