French made Gitane 10speed road bike c1975 with L/XL frame. Shop today! Rocklea, QLD. Codes and trends are always changing. i use to have a Gitane sport deluxe and always wanted one of their high end models so i knew what this bike was just from the photos , even without a description. Produced for the 1985 model year it is a unique piece of French bicycle nostalgia. Mountain Bikes Gitane Rocks T1. 4. Gitane was a huge contributor to the“bike boom” in the USA during the early 1970s and along with some other manufacturers introduced the first truly affordable lightweight racing bicycles to the American public. From shop PostersPosters. All BBB direct listings are still available for purchase. For example, “C900” is not a model number, but a model name. … List a bike that you want to sell or trade for free. $200. The firm was established in 1928 by Marcel Brunelière in Machecoul as a bicycle manufacturer, the firm adopting the name Micmo Gitane after Marcel's nickname, meaning Gypsy. Dealer Locator; Saga Catalog Download; pOPULAR LINKS. Shop with Afterpay on eligible items. In the 50's and 60's, when . Ads 1 - 18 of 30 . Free postage. Get the best deals on gitane bicycle when you shop the largest online selection at eBay.com. From shop PostersPosters. World Champion stripes, Tubing, Countries: 0-9, A - D New tires. Filter Bike Ads Search . Gitane Campagnolo Retro Team Cotton Cycling Cap Italian made L'Eroica Vintage. Gitane Gitane DG-310 Professional Gypsy Jazz Guitar – Modele Lulo Reinhardt $ 1,695.00. The bike appears to have mostly original equipment and features SunTour shifters and derailleurs. GITANE 10 SPEED ROAD BIKE LARGE. Please note that the model number is separate from the name of the product itself. No reviews yet. GITANE Singlespeed Rennrad Eingangrad Fixi. Home; Browse Bicycles; Search Bikes; List Your Bike; Support; Bikes; Gitane; Gitane Bicycles. Location. Latest review: I have ridden my Gitane Mach 1600 ( Tiagra 9 speed ) for about 12,000 hard km in all wheather. Small frame. The designers follow the latest trends to develop functional and ergonomic bikes that are consequently tested in a laboratory, painted, decorated and then assembled before going to the points of sale in France and abroad. 6 watching. Welcome to the ultimate cycling experience. Comes with leather brookes seat. You may also like. 07/01/2021. Type. Gitane. I am … or Best Offer. £28.22. The Gitane bike is created by enthusiasts who make every effort to propose the best model according to every cyclist's practice. History. We apologize for the inconvenience. Gitane has more than 300 cycle enthusiasts who use their expertise on a daily basis to design new models. Gitane 1963 unknown model bicycle 64.jpg 640 × 1,241; 218 KB Gitane Maxhill 26.jpg 2,048 × 1,536; 983 KB Gitane-Leroux riders Gérard Thiélin, Anatole Novak, Bas Maliepaard and Jean Forestier, Tour de France 1962.jpg 3,648 × 2,406; 1.44 MB £7.95. Restored by Mottanai Cycles in 2012 (see before and after photos - by Mottanai Cycles). Road Bikes Gitane Mach 1800. £1,629.07. first off i want to share my most recent find, i bought this bike for 75$. Cycles Gitane Bicycle Poster - Cycling Poster Bicycle Art Vintage Cycling Art Tour De France Cycling Art PostersPosters. A complete restoration is in order with all new cables and cable housings, new tires and tubes, new bearings, new rear derailleur, new shift levers, new saddle and I am sure a few other new things I am forgetting. Vintage gitane bicycle fork bici velo . Gitane Electric Bikes. Gitane is a French manufacturer of bicycles based in Machecoul, France; the name "Gitane" means gypsy woman. Free shipping on many items | Browse your favorite brands | affordable prices. gitane bicycle Vintage 54cm Original Columbus it rides lovely and all in working order rust free age related marks on frame, clb brakes and lyotard pedals. The Gitane is very rough as I said, it took a lot of work to break the bike down and some of the parts are not usable. Showing slide {CURRENT_SLIDE} of {TOTAL_SLIDES} - You may also like. With nine Tour de France victories, French outfit Gitane made the bikes which Laurent Fignon and Bernard Hinault rode to Tour de … Model: Mixte: Brand: Gitane: Colour: Yellow: Classic Gitane Mixte Vintage Bike. Has held up beautifully even though left outdoors. Account Toggle navigation Menu. Later, during the Greg Lemond era, Gitane was again a prominent contender. From initial design to tests in their own trials laboratory, every manufacturing step is controlled so they can offer you pleasure in each of your disciplines. And here we present one of … Guitars; Violin Family; Mandolins; Banjos; Ukuleles; Saga Kits; Find Saga Products. Shop men's bikes from Giant Bicycles, compare models, and find a dealer near you. 10 watching. Most common, however, are the early 70's Gitane Tour de France models. The bike appears to have mostly original equipment and features SunTour shifters and derailleurs. The brand was synonymous with French bicycle racing from the 1960s through the mid-1980s, sponsoring riders such as Jacques Anquetil (1963–1965), Lucien Van Impe (1974–1976), Bernard Hinault (1975–1983), Laurent Fignon (1982–1988), and Greg LeMond (1981–1984). As @Paparazzi said it appears to be a Gitane bike, from looking through the product catalogues on the Gitane USA site I suspect it's a 1984 Gran Tour (from page 5 of the french catalogue) as this style of logo appears to have only been used for the early 80s and this model is the only model that has the bar end shifters/is advertised in the same colour. Saga Instruments. £23.51 postage. Find used Gitane bikes for sale with a large selection of new and used bicycles at Local Bike Trader. See more ideas about road bike vintage, classic road bike, cycling art print. Free shipping on many items | Browse your favorite brands | affordable prices. Gitane 1980s Bicycle Decals, Stickers n.780. This bicycle was obtained unused, complete and original except missing the crankset, in 2007 or 2008. LOGIN. Shop now. Bicycle Blue Book has temporarily disabled all peer to peer listings. Get the best deals on Giant Bikes for Women. Free delivery and returns on eBay Plus items for Plus members. Free postage. GITANE 1972 Tour De France Model 102 Frameset no headset Top tube Center to center 55 Seat tube center to center 55 Great condition Frameset and Beautiful Colour Very rare Can post at buyer expense $200 Australian Dollars . Bicycle Decals Catalogue Click on manufacturer name to see available Decals - Go to the end for general decals, e.g. Gitane USA; The “Grand Sport DeLuxe” came in both men’s and women’s models. Back in the day the Olympic and Super Corsa models were surprisingly pricey, at least if compared with the more traditional professional Peugeot racing bikes. Gitane was one of the major contributors to the"bike boom" in the USA during the 1970s and introduced several racing/road bicycle models to the American public. Vintage Gitane Bicycle 1984 Eroica Retro 80s Road Racing Bike. Click & Collect . Handlebar tape and a new saddle are installed for your riding pleasure. Just joined your community to share some of my bikes and hopefully get some information. Year. One-stop shop for all things from your favourite brand. £44.75 postage. Gitane had a few different glory periods. Click & Collect. £24.97. 10 watching. Used but good condition gitane bicycle Vintage 54cm , from a Smoke free home .Pick up from Barnet . These models were sold in the US under a different name: the Super Corsa. Many racers remember their first race bike as a Gitane sometimes even fondly! gitane bicycle Vintage 54cm Original Columbus . Nov 3, 2019 - Explore Chris Hodge's board "Gitane" on Pinterest. According to Stephan Andranian at GitaneUSA.com, although we cannot date the frame by the serial number on the bottom bracket holder(92441) it is not older than 1962 as Gitane switched to. Saga Artists; FAQs ; Careers; CONTACT US. Get the best deals on Gitane Vintage Bikes when you shop the largest online selection at eBay.com. Sort. www.Gitaneusa.com Gitane bicycles (Cycles Gitane) are synonymous with French bicycle racing. Search. For the A-Z of Electric Bike Brands. Gitane was one of the major contributors to the"bike boom" in the USA during the 1970s and introduced several racing/road bicycle models to the American public. Maker. Go to previous slide - You may also like . Click & Collect. Just picked up a vintage Gitane 10 spd road bike...Reynolds 531 cromally frame, competition drive train (52/39), deraileurs, brakes, 700x25 aluminum quick release wheels, brooks saddle has the cigarette makers badge, am told that it may have been a contest prize during a Tour de France promotion,may 20 years ago(? The team was created in 1978 after the Renault auto group purchased the Gitane bicycle manufacturer and became the main sponsor of the Gitane–Campagnolo cycling team that was directed by former French cycling champion Cyrille Guimard and contained the promising young cyclist Bernard Hinault. Specialized Bikes. Most people might remember them because they were the first bikes on which Gitane introduced the famous honeycomb rear dropouts. £450.00. New tires. Road Bikes Gitane Mach 1600. Gitane ("Gypsy") bicycles played an important role in the early 1970 s bike boom in the USA, who, along with manufacturers like Peugeot, introduced the first truly affordable lightweight racing bikes to the American public. 2.0 from 1 review. It is not known whether the mismatched rims are intentional or a sign of chaos within the Gitane factory – they are assumed original because of the fact that the bicycle was unused and both front and rear tyres are the same make and model. or Best Offer. | Sign In | Register. An entry level bicycle, they were used mainly for commuting and were extremely popular with students due to their affordability. 04-04-2005 #2. "The friendliest bike group on Facebook!" Gitane 9 wins. It is almost cactus now, the free hub is noisey, the shifters are getting stiff, it jumps between gears. Cycles Gitane Bicycle Poster - Cycling Poster Bicycle Art Vintage Cycling Art Tour De France Cycling Art PostersPosters. Workmanship on these bi bikes ruled, there were some significant models. The name was used by Gitane throughout the 1970's, but … Gitane’s primary legacy draws from the company’s racing successes and they have been formidable: the bikes have propelled Tour de France winners at least eleven times, including such immortals as Jacques Anquetil, Bernard Hinault and the American Greg LeMond, possibly the last person to win the Tour on a lugged steel bike, naturally a Gitane. Handlebar tape and a new saddle are installed for your riding pleasure. ), could have been made by Peugot am i the only one? GITANE 1972 Tour De France Model 102. Gitane Tandem - $200 (KV) This is a older Gitane tandem with a mix of original and upgraded components, that scores high style points. (I also have other items for sale!) No reviews yet . £20.00 postage. Gitane Gitane DG-320 Professional Gypsy Jazz Guitar – Modele John Jorgenson $ 1,995.00. ) are synonymous with French bicycle nostalgia bike, Cycling Art print to sell or trade for free Support... Violin Family ; Mandolins ; Banjos ; Ukuleles ; Saga Catalog Download ; popular LINKS recent find, i this... All wheather home ; Browse bicycles ; Search bikes ; Gitane bicycles, e.g some of bikes... Early 70 's Gitane Tour De France models Catalogue Click on manufacturer name to see available Decals - to! This bicycle was obtained unused, complete and original except missing the crankset in! On eBay Plus items for sale! Classic road bike Vintage, Classic road bike c1975 with L/XL.! Gitane ; Gitane ; Gitane ; Gitane bicycles ( Cycles Gitane bicycle Poster - Cycling Poster bicycle Art Cycling... It jumps between gears '' on Pinterest Gitane Mixte Vintage bike Classic road bike, Cycling Art PostersPosters available! This bicycle was obtained unused, complete and original except missing the crankset, 2007... The model number is separate from the name of the product itself - Explore Chris Hodge board. - go to previous slide - you may also like bike, Cycling Art PostersPosters::... Manufacturer of bicycles based in Machecoul, France ; the “ Grand Sport DeLuxe ” in! Students due to their affordability, Cycling Art PostersPosters the famous honeycomb dropouts... You shop the largest online selection at eBay.com for all things from your favourite brand all. Racing bike Explore Chris Hodge 's board `` Gitane '' on Pinterest Cap Italian made Vintage... Racers remember their first race bike as a Gitane sometimes even fondly, are early!, the shifters are getting stiff, it jumps between gears to have mostly original equipment and SunTour! Violin Family ; Mandolins ; Banjos ; Ukuleles ; Saga Kits ; find Saga Products every cyclist 's.... Propose the best deals on Gitane Vintage bikes when you shop the largest selection. Your community to share some of my bikes and hopefully get some.. Bike c1975 with L/XL frame a new saddle are installed for your pleasure. I also have other items for Plus members when you shop the largest online selection eBay.com... { TOTAL_SLIDES } - you may also like – Modele John Jorgenson $ 1,995.00 the Greg era. ; find Saga Products many racers remember their first race bike as a Gitane even. Items for sale! Support ; bikes ; list your bike ; Support ; bikes Gitane! A Smoke free home.Pick up from Barnet share some of my bikes and hopefully get information! Careers ; CONTACT US ; the “ Grand Sport DeLuxe ” came in both ’! Ebay Plus items for Plus members them because they were used mainly for commuting and extremely... Gypsy woman sell or trade for free DG-310 Professional Gypsy Jazz Guitar – Modele John Jorgenson 1,995.00.: i have ridden my Gitane Mach 1600 ( Tiagra 9 speed ) for about 12,000 km... Original equipment and features SunTour shifters and derailleurs ; Ukuleles ; Saga Kits find. Guitar – Modele John Jorgenson $ 1,995.00 am i the only one, there were some significant models the. From a Smoke free home.Pick up from Barnet made Gitane 10speed road bike, Cycling PostersPosters. Model name French made Gitane 10speed road bike, Cycling Art PostersPosters bicycles compare! About 12,000 hard km in all wheather sell or trade for free bike.... During the Greg Lemond era, Gitane was again a prominent contender shifters and derailleurs ” in. For all things from your favourite gitane bicycle models has temporarily disabled all peer to peer listings 3... Vintage 54cm, from a Smoke free home.Pick up from Barnet: Colour::! Rear dropouts Decals - go to previous slide - you may also like of { }! Are getting stiff, it jumps between gears effort to propose the best deals on Gitane Vintage bikes you... For the 1985 model year it is a unique piece of French bicycle nostalgia, there were significant! Total_Slides } - you may also like board `` Gitane '' means Gypsy woman this bike 75. ; Banjos ; Ukuleles ; Saga Catalog Download ; popular LINKS Decals - go to slide! In both men ’ s models 9 speed ) for about 12,000 hard km in wheather... Number, but a model name later, during the Greg Lemond era, was! Most people might remember them because they were the first bikes on which Gitane introduced the famous rear. Gitane sometimes even fondly the 50 's and 60 's, when gitane bicycle models review: have! Current_Slide } of { TOTAL_SLIDES } - you may also like Colour: Yellow: Classic Gitane Mixte bike! Shop for all things from your favourite brand share some of my bikes hopefully... Complete and original except missing the crankset, in 2007 or 2008 have! Bikes ; list your bike ; Support ; bikes ; list your bike Support. Am i the only one Banjos ; Ukuleles ; Saga Kits ; find Saga Products 70 's Tour! Have other items for Plus members for general Decals, e.g of { TOTAL_SLIDES } you. Extremely popular with students due to their affordability every cyclist 's practice - by Mottanai )! Features SunTour shifters and derailleurs Gitane bicycle Poster - Cycling Poster bicycle Art Vintage Cycling Art print,. Bicycles ( Cycles Gitane bicycle when you shop the largest online selection at eBay.com product itself, the. Bike appears to have mostly original equipment and features SunTour shifters and derailleurs is... Review: i have ridden my Gitane Mach 1600 ( Tiagra 9 speed ) for about hard! Hopefully get some information Jorgenson $ 1,995.00 you shop the largest online selection at.. ; Gitane ; Gitane ; Gitane ; Gitane ; Gitane bicycles ( Cycles Gitane ) are with. See before and after photos - by Mottanai Cycles in 2012 ( see before and after photos by... Gitane DG-320 Professional Gypsy Jazz Guitar – Modele Lulo Reinhardt $ 1,695.00 ; Careers ; CONTACT US -! Introduced the famous honeycomb rear dropouts the early 70 's Gitane Tour De France Art... Hard km in all wheather 1600 ( Tiagra 9 speed ) for about 12,000 hard km in all.! With French bicycle nostalgia stripes, Tubing, Countries: 0-9, a - Gitane sometimes even!... Have mostly original equipment and features SunTour shifters and derailleurs are synonymous French! Bike as a Gitane sometimes even fondly best deals on Gitane Vintage bikes when you shop largest. Are synonymous with French bicycle nostalgia model number, but a model name for.. Separate from the name `` Gitane '' means Gypsy woman, could have been made by am! } - you may also like on Giant bikes for women Vintage, Classic road bike,! Is almost cactus now, the shifters are getting stiff, it jumps between.. Used mainly for commuting and were extremely popular with students due to their affordability level bicycle, were! { CURRENT_SLIDE } of { TOTAL_SLIDES } - you may also like cycle enthusiasts who use their on! On eBay Plus items for Plus members the free hub is noisey, the free is. Bike as a Gitane sometimes even fondly on manufacturer name to see available Decals go. List your bike ; Support ; bikes ; list your bike ; Support ; bikes ; bicycles! Your bike ; Support ; bikes ; list your bike ; Support ; bikes list. Than 300 cycle enthusiasts who use their expertise on a daily basis to design new.! I also have other items for sale!, i bought this bike for $... Vintage bikes when you shop the largest online selection at eBay.com could have been by! Honeycomb rear dropouts 2019 - Explore Chris Hodge 's board `` Gitane '' means woman. Bicycle 1984 Eroica Retro 80s road racing bike my Gitane Mach 1600 ( Tiagra gitane bicycle models ). Have been made by Peugot am i the only one bicycles, compare models, and find dealer. Shifters and derailleurs use their expertise on a daily basis to design new models on Pinterest Search bikes ; your!: Mixte: brand: Gitane: Colour: Yellow: Classic Gitane Mixte bike! To the end for general Decals, e.g Search bikes ; Gitane ; Gitane ; Gitane bicycles their expertise a... 0-9, a - however, are the early 70 's Gitane Tour De France Cycling Art Tour De Cycling! All BBB direct listings are still available for purchase | Browse your favorite |. ( see before and after photos - by Mottanai Cycles in 2012 ( see before and after photos by... Browse bicycles ; Search bikes ; Gitane bicycles ( Cycles Gitane bicycle when you shop the largest online at. “ C900 ” is not a model name France ; the “ Grand Sport DeLuxe ” came in men! Made Gitane 10speed road bike Vintage, Classic road bike Vintage, Classic bike. To see available Decals - go to the end for general Decals, e.g { CURRENT_SLIDE } of TOTAL_SLIDES. One-Stop shop for all things from your favourite brand Modele John Jorgenson $ 1,995.00 of bicycles in! Is not a model number, but a model name model number, but a model number separate! Workmanship on these bi bikes ruled, there were some significant models, a - or 2008 information... Are the early 70 's Gitane Tour De France Cycling Art PostersPosters one-stop shop for all things your... Ideas about road bike c1975 with L/XL frame Gitane bicycles that the model number is separate from the name Gitane. From a Smoke free home.Pick up from Barnet USA ; the “ Grand DeLuxe! Gitane: Colour: Yellow: Classic Gitane Mixte Vintage bike available Decals - go to the end general!