This book is not yet featured on Listopia. Richard III's family tree in the book gives the reader a clearer idea of the story. For the rest of us, we were very lucky. Richard is a stunning archvillain who schemes, seduces, betrays and murders his way to the throne, yet is capable of eliciting sympathy for his plight at the end. Read 27 reviews from the world's largest community for readers. published 1955, avg rating 4.03 — 758 ratings — my kingdom for a horse! 0 people liked it, 1 chapters — 493 ratings — 780 ratings — published 1968, avg rating 3.97 — KING RICHARD III Her life is only safest in her birth. a horse! updated Mar 03, 2015 02:55PM — Skip to main content. 4,384 ratings — 1,413 ratings — As you go along you may get lost in terms of family sequence and synchronology, that's when i use the family tree which has helped me tremendously to keep track of each of the names in the biography. 54 ratings — Download it once and read it on your Kindle device, PC, phones or tablets. It is considered to have greatly improved conditions for northern England, as it was intended … William Shakespeare (baptised 26 April 1564) was an English poet and playwright, widely regarded as the greatest writer in the English language and the world's pre-eminent dramatist. 96 ratings — A historical fiction, giving us a glimpse of the instability and chaos that prevailed at the end of middle ages in Great Britain. 120 ratings — published 1971, avg rating 3.62 — To see what your friends thought of this book. 567 ratings — 240 ratings — KING RICHARD III Lo, at their births good stars were opposite. King Richard III by William Shakespeare, 1904, Methuen edition, in English King Richard III and a great selection of related books, art and collectibles available now at AbeBooks.co.uk. published 2005, avg rating 3.93 — 198 ratings — Although the bones were confirmed as Richard III's remains in February 2013 the dig began in August 2012 and, of course, the background goes back many years before that. His surviving works consist of 38 plays, 154 sonnets, two long narrative poems, and several other poems. Let us know what’s wrong with this preview of, Published 1,480 ratings — 202 ratings — published 2013, avg rating 3.64 — Enlightening for sure. Takes you on a journey of riddles, slights and madness. He is often called England's national poet and the "Bard of Avon" (or simply "The Bard"). 20,089 ratings — 24,434 ratings — No thanks. “KING RICHARD. QUEEN ELIZABETH To save her life, I'll say she is not so. 1,374 ratings — 7,632 ratings — 147 ratings — published 2006, avg rating 3.66 — published 1992, avg rating 3.93 — Start by marking “King Richard III” as Want to Read: Error rating book. Be the first to ask a question about King Richard III. published 1971, avg rating 3.97 — 240 ratings — published 2012, avg rating 3.94 — 6,482 ratings — After King Edward dies, Richard becomes lord protector of England—the figure in charge until the elder of Edward’s two sons grows up. Richard Burbage first played Richard the Third and made the "poisonous bunchbacked toad" (1.3.244) into one of the most memorable villains of all time. It's by far the best book of Richard III i have read. However, unlike some full-fledged Richard III apologists, Skidmore does not discount the possibility that Richard, during his reign, murdered his young nephews, Edward V and Prince Richard. Nine of the best book quotes from King Richard III #1 “A horse! 121 ratings — Just a moment while we sign you in to your Goodreads account. King Richard II (The New Cambridge Shakespeare) by William Shakespeare and a great selection of related books, art and collectibles available now at AbeBooks.com. published 1982, avg rating 3.92 — His plays have been translated into every major living language, and are performed more often than those of any other playwright. 106 ratings — 706 ratings — 185 ratings — While the label of "most controversial king" remains arguable, this carefully researched biography effectively captures Richard's turbulent reign and intense personality up to the violent end. Recently recovered in Leicester. published 1951, avg rating 3.88 — Richard III generated a great deal of interest both during and after Shakespeare's lifetime. 867 ratings — I saw a rendition of it ones and it was not my favorite adaption and maybe that tied in with me not liking the play so much. I consider my following judgment of King Richard III a fair conclusion. 2,469 ratings — 2,198 ratings — I am selling several Richard iii books on my site "Tudor Market Group". published 2013, avg rating 4.08 — 39,652 ratings — Other Plantagenet kings do not qualify unless RIII was a main character in the book. published 2005, avg rating 3.82 — 58 ratings — 1,839 ratings — Edited to clarify: Novels only and Richard III only. Try it now. 2,967 ratings — *FREE* shipping on qualifying offers. published 1593, avg rating 3.73 — We've got you covered with the buzziest new releases of the day. published 2016, avg rating 3.86 — Next Richard kills the court noblemen who are loyal to the princes, most notably Lord Hastings, the lord chamberlain of England. 3,212 ratings — published 2013, avg rating 4.23 — 183 ratings — The History of King Richard III book. King Richard III Quotes. 43,847 ratings — published 1976, avg rating 3.76 — published 1990, avg rating 3.86 — Richard III is one of the great Shakespearean characters and roles. King Richard III on Amazon.com. It depicts the Machiavellian rise to power and subsequent short reign of King Richard III of England. “As grandes dores ressaltam de onde caem não por serem vazias: pela ação do próprio peso.”. His plays have been tr. Try Prime EN Hello, Sign in Account & Lists Sign in Account & Lists Returns & Orders Try Prime Cart. published 1995, avg rating 4.08 — published 2012, avg rating 3.69 — published 2014, avg rating 3.57 — King Richard III by William Shakespeare, unknown edition, "containing his treacherous plots … The exhumation and reburial of Richard III of England began with the discovery of the king's remains within the site of the former Greyfriars Friary Church in Leicester, England, in September 2012.Following extensive anthropological and genetic testing, the remains of Richard III, the last English king killed in battle, were ultimately reinterred at Leicester Cathedral on 26 March 2015. 74 ratings — truly a great book which explores the concept regarding Machiavellian villains. KING RICHARD III Wrong not her birth, she is of royal blood. 251 ratings —