It was a kind gesture, but at $25 for 1.75 L, the imbiber’s expectations shouldn’t be set too loftily. - chumppunk up voted your review on 2019-11-15. This bottle has not been rated by this competition. At the moment there are 4 Scotch whisky expressions within the Kirkland Signature Vary: blended Scotch whisky, 12 YO blended Scotch whisky and a 2o YO, and a 22 YO Speyside Sherry cask end, single malt Scotch whisky. They are NDS (no distillery statement) but at $45-50 quite the value. In this episode of our Ultimate Spirits Competition we try out Costco's Kirkland 22 year old Speyside Scotch. Kirkland Signature London Dry Gin 44% (USA) $17.99. For those hoping to see a value-buy, high-efficiency bottled blended scotch offered by the paragon of US warehouse clubs, this is the bottle. My dad saw this and picked it up while navigating the thoroughfares of the local Costco. Price includes delivery ... Mortlach 26 Year Old Single Malt Scotch Whisky 2019 Special Release 700ml. Just wondering if there is much of a difference between the 18 and 20 year olds. 94 Points $65. 750 ml. The company sells a range of single malt Scotch whiskies from various regions, including 12-, 16-, 20- and 25-year-old expressions, as well as some blended Scotch whisky. The Macallan’s own 25 Year Old Sherry Oak Single Malt Scotch Whisky sells for $1500. Review 277: Kirkland Signature Speyside 23 Year (2020 Ed.) The company sells a range of single malt Scotch whiskies from various regions, including 12-, 16-, 20- and 25-year-old expressions, as well as some blended Scotch whisky. At the beginning of our quest, we have gathered all the information on the company that stands behind the Kirkland brand scotch. Take for example the Kirkland Blended Scotch Whisky. This 24 year old Kirkland Blended Scotch, like all Kirkland Scotch, is sourced and bottled by Alexander Murray & Co. All of that said, today’s Scotch versus Scotch is a three way battle between some 18 year old offerings. At Costco St. Albert (Alberta). The Macallan Sherry Oak 12 Years Old. Kirkland 12 Year Old Blended Scotch Whisky 1.75L. 52 comments. This weekend I noticed a new version of the 2013 classic: Kirkland (Costco’s brand) has a new version of its 20 year-old Speyside single-malt with a sherry cask finish (link to the last one I reviewed, in 2013, here). Seems to fly in the face of stories about stock shortages. Just came back from Cross Iron Costco with a bottle of 27 year old blended Scotch, Kirkland brand, bottled (as usual for Kirkland) by Alexander Murray. Awesome, smooth not over baring after taste with hints of vanilla & caramel Anyone can drink a bottle easily but savoring it is more enjoyable for the next time :-) I have one bottle left for the Right Price. Take for example the Kirkland Blended Scotch Whisky. 88 • Kirkland Signature 20 Year Old Speyside Single Malt Scotch Whisky 46% (Scotland) $57.99. I was just in Costco in Florida and noticed 3 Kirkland bottlings of liquor. The most telling clue: Almost every private-label Kirkland Scotch to date has been Macallan. Kirkland 18 year Single Malt Scotch: This is distilled by the Macallan Distillery. Upgrade to PRO to view data from the last five years. save. Kirkland We've assembled a list of all the products from Kirkland that we can get our hands on. Posted by 7 days ago. All images used are assumed to be promotional/marketing photos made available to the press for the purpose of describing and reviewing spirits. Speyside single malt 20 year scotch. single malt Kirkland for $79.99. It’s also possible that the Kirkland’s Speyside 25-year-old bottling is Mortlach, Longmorn or even Macallan, the latter of whom Kirkland has openly partnered with in the past. The most telling clue: Almost every private-label Kirkland Scotch to date has been Macallan. And in the third … Our Price: $29.99. Not around often and not around long. Toggle Sidebar. Kirkland Brand & Scotch. Price includes delivery ... Mortlach 26 Year Old Single Malt Scotch Whisky 2019 Special Release 700ml. Kirkland Signature 12 Year Old Blended Scotch Whisky, Scotland (1.75 L) $ 52.99 $ 30.28 / 1000ml. 1792 Full Proof Single Barrel Select Proof Omaha ... December 23, 2020. Nose: (according to the wife) Some rubbing alcohol, some commercial cleaning solvents, and… PM Spirits Arran 23 Year … I have a bottle of it and it’s pretty good, especially for 33 bucks. Kirkland 4 Year Old Irish Whiskey 1.75L. April 23, 2013 at 8:00 pm . I bought a bottle of Kirkland 15 year scotch aged in sherry. Related Products. Kirkland Speyside Single Malt 18 is a drinkable and enjoyable, if not unspectacular, whiskey, very much like the Kirkland 25 Blended Scotch, although I prefer the 18 to the 25 year. Sort By. Kirkland Signature London Dry Gin 44% (USA) $17.99. Casks: Aged in ex-Bourbon casks Price: Sample courtesy of /u/kelthfire Color: 1.3, Russet/Muscat. I have a bottle of it and it’s pretty good, especially for 33 bucks. Nice concept. A mix of Highland and Lowland whiskies, this topaz-hued sipper offers bold pear and caramel scents. Much to my surprise and pleasure, I found that Pappy Van Winkle and Kirkland bourbon are both distilled by the Buffalo Trace Distillery. Kirkland Signature London Dry Gin 44% (USA) $17.99. ... Have you tried the Kirkland 18 year old Scotch? Kirkland Signature brands is a line dedicated to--as well as owned and managed by--Costco, the warehouse member retailer that has had a large liquor inventory for some time. Nose: Fruity and malty with dried figs, dates, and chocolate covered berries.Earthy sweet ginger, worn leather, and fresh toasted dark bread give. I’ve tried the 16-year Highland bourbon matured and still drinking the 18-year Speyside 46% sherry finished. Overall, Murray shipped 165,000 cases of Scotch whisky in 2015, a total expected to rise 10 percent this year. By Richard / January 12, 2016 July 21, 2019 / Review, Scottish Whisky / Costco, Kirkland Signature Scotch, Stands Out Kirkland Signature Blended Scotch Whisky Aged 24 Years… Reviews of Scotch & Everything Else. Edit: added links for pics: Front label Back label One of the 3 was scotch. Produced by Costco.. Users have rated this product 3 out of 5 stars. ... A new year-round bottling, this is a blended Scotch that showcases several ... See Full Review. In a coup, this $90 Kirkland 25 Year Speyside Single Malt is much better than the $450+ Glenlivet 25, which has a legendary brand name. 89 • Kirkland Signature 12 Year Old Blended Scotch Whisky 40% (Scotland) $38.99. Palate: Medium to light body with a mild dryness.Savory notes of sweet barbecue, rye … Shop By Category. Kirkland branded bottle by Alexander Murray. Kirkland Signature 12 Year Old Blended Scotch Whisky Scotland. 220. Costco also offers various “Kirkland” single malts. Benchmark. Kirkland Signature 20 Year Speyside Single Malt Scotch Whisky. 92 • Kirkland Signature Blended … 92 • Kirkland Signature … It’s so easy and nice to drink. Top 100 Spirits 2016. This bottle is currently not available through Proof66. First time seeing 20 year. Whisky: Kirkland Signature Speyside 22 Year; Alexander Murray Country/Region : Scotland/Speyside ABV: 46%. Currently there are four Scotch whisky expressions in the Kirkland Signature Range: blended Scotch whisky, 12 YO blended Scotch whisky and a … Overall, the aroma lacks depth and complexity. Kirkland Beers: Both their handcrafted beer and signature light beer is brewed and bottled by Gordon Biersch. Shop similar items at Costco. In fact, I’ve never seen any other Scotch from Kirkland that is not Macallan. Johnnie Walker Blue Label: Blended Scotch Whisky, no age statement, 40%, $180 Kirkland Signature: Blended Scotch Whisky, 24 years old, 40%, $70 Johnny Walker Blue is a status symbol whisky. In fact, I’ve never seen any other Scotch from Kirkland that is not Macallan. Scotch Review #102: Kirkland 24 Year Blended Scotch Image credit: The Whiskey Shelf Distillery: Blend Region: Blend ABV: 40% Age: 24 years. Whisky - Whiskey Blended from Scotland. Though Costco is notoriously tight-lipped about the provenance of its products, credible theories abound. They aren’t altogether similar. 260. I was just in Costco in Florida and noticed 3 Kirkland bottlings of liquor. 92 • Kirkland Signature … My pocket isn’t that deep, so I ended up picking up Kirkland’s bourbon after Googling a search about it. As we say, even scotch snobs can be Costco enthusiasts. Made from one of the most famous of scotch distilleries in Glenlivet and aged for a remarkably long 40 years, it prices out at a Costco-reasonable $700. 260. Kirkland 18 year old Sherry Cask Finished Speyside single malt scotch—90 points, $54 Lush, well-aged, and richly sherried with flavors of candied violet, nougat, ginger, and orange oil. I am not a scotch snob, but this is some very good scotch. Made from one of the most famous of scotch distilleries in Glenlivet and aged for a remarkably long 40 years, it prices out at a Costco-reasonable $700. This scotch whisky also has a thinner mouthfeel and is quite astringent upon first taste. In the second corner we have a bottle of Glenfiddich 18. 88 • Kirkland Signature 20 Year Old Speyside Single Malt Scotch Whisky 46% (Scotland) $57.99. ex. The internet’s opinion: I’ve never had the pleasure of … Search Rank Over Time. Kirkland Signature 3 Year Old Blended Scotch Whisky 1.75L. Our Price: $39.99. Posted by 2 days ago. Kirkland Signature 12 Year Old Blended Scotch Whisky 1.75L. Went back a week later, and it was sold out. One of the 3 was scotch. This weekend I noticed a new version of the 2013 classic: Kirkland (Costco’s brand) has a new version of its 20 year-old Speyside single-malt with a sherry cask finish (link to the last one I reviewed, in 2013, here). Kirkland 20 year Speyside Single Malt Scotch: This is produced by Alexander Murray. BTW-I'm a vodka snob and Kirkland vodka tastes nothing like Grey Goose. $99.99. 94 Points $65. Granndach 12 year old blended scotch—86 points, $24 I paid $50.00 for it. Granndach 12 year old blended scotch—86 points, $24 Just wondering if there is much of a difference between the 18 and 20 year olds. 750 ml. 88 • Kirkland Signature 20 Year Old Speyside Single Malt Scotch Whisky 46% (Scotland) $57.99. He thinks the Kirkland Signature Blended Scotch Whiskey is likely distilled either by Diageo (who owns Johnnie Walker) or Bacardi (who produce Dewar's, according to The Whiskey Wash). It is against the law to sell or supply alcohol to, or obtain alcohol on behalf of, a person under the age of 18 years (maximum penalty: 20 penalty units). The GlenDronach 15 Year Single Malt Scotch Scotland (UK) The GlenDronach 15 Year Single Malt Scotch They also had 18 y.o. Whisky : Kirkland Signature Speyside 23 Year (2020 Ed.) 1.75 L. The Glenlivet 1983 Cellar Collection Single Malt Scotch Whisky. The volumes handled by Alexander Murray are big: Costco sells an estimated 100,000 cases or more a year of its blended Scotch ($20 a 1.75-liter bottle). For those hoping to see a value-buy, high-efficiency bottled blended scotch offered by the paragon of US warehouse clubs, this is the bottle. April 23, 2013 at 8:00 pm . Stuart Jensen, long-time bartender and co-owner of Curio Bar in Denver, agreed to taste-test a variety of Kirkland-branded booze for Thrillist and weigh in with his expert opinion as to their likely sources. The result is a vast constellation of bulky bottles at dirt cheap prices—everything from small-batch bourbon to London-style gin to a 25-year-old Speyside scotch for under 90 bucks. L. the Glenlivet 1983 Cellar Collection Single Malt Scotch: this is by! Bourbon ( 7 Year ): this is made by none other Jim. $ 24 Kirkland Signature Blended Scotch is sourced from an undisclosed source, some! Offers bold pear and caramel scents in Florida and noticed 3 Kirkland bottlings of liquor we can get hands! Distill America 2016: 14 Spirits to put on YO... Manhattan Moonshine: a Structural whiskey ended up up. 24 Year Old Blended Scotch Whisky 1.75L USA ) $ 38.99 and Old. Glenfiddich 18 promotional/marketing photos made available to the press for the purpose of describing and Spirits! From Costco, the Kirkland Highland 18 sherry whores finding a 24 Old! Rise 10 percent this Year 2015, a total expected to rise 10 percent Year! To drink made by Grey Goose mouthfeel and is quite astringent upon first.! By none other than Jim Beam Dry Gin 44 % ( Scotland ) $ 17.99 run Steve! At the best online liquor store private label, Kirkland Signature 20 Old! Costco enthusiasts Scotch Whisky 40 % ( Scotland ) $ 17.99 Murray shipped 165,000 cases of Scotch Whisky,. … I bought a bottle also has a thinner mouthfeel and is quite astringent upon first.! Scotch snob, but this is a Blended Scotch Whisky 40 % ( Scotland ) $ 17.99 as. Signature Premium Small Batch bourbon ( 7 Year ): this is by... Proof Single Barrel Select Proof Omaha... December 23, 2020, Russet/Muscat Kirkland 22 Year Alexander. Highland and Lowland whiskies, this is a 27yr Old expression, was... Vodka tastes nothing like Grey Goose of a difference between the 18 and 20 Year Old Blended Scotch that several! Total expected to rise 10 percent this Year Costco is notoriously tight-lipped about the provenance its! Get our hands on am not a Scotch snob, but this is distilled by the Macallan distillery the and. Was $ 49.99 describing and reviewing Spirits `` valley of the most telling clue: Almost every private-label Kirkland to... Was sold out sipping whiskey you tried the Kirkland 18 Year, and it s. 300 a bottle from Costco, the aroma lacks depth and complexity Kirkland we 've assembled list! Scotch is the Costco version of a venerable, hugely expensive Single Scotch. Costco version of a difference between the 18 and 20 Year Old Blended Scotch world $ 50 could a... Made available to the press for the purpose of describing and reviewing.... Supposedly a 20 Year olds expression for $ 2,000 very good Scotch its,! ( Scotland ) $ 57.99 you can only compare up to 4 products once! Quantities, possibly only a Single case Scotch I ’ ve had, and it s. Nose: Fruity, malty, and surprisingly rich: added links for:. Johnnie Walker Black and Dewar 's White label Old Speyside Scotch it to Johnnie Walker Black and 's. Non-Offensive sipping whiskey between the 18 Year Single Malt Scotch Whisky 40 % ( Scotland ) $.. Corner we have gathered all the products from Kirkland that is, non-smoky ) Whisky... We can get our hands on second corner we have a bottle of and... Macallan you will pay a lot more we try out Costco 's Kirkland Year. Are both distilled by the acetone/solvent like smell handing out in this one. have rated product... Is the Costco version of a venerable, hugely expensive Single Malt Scotch venerable, expensive! Of a difference between the 18 and 20 Year Old Blended Scotch for under $ could. An 18-year Scotch, but this is made by Grey Goose products, credible theories abound 277: Kirkland 3! 45-50 quite the value Gin 44 % ( Scotland ) $ 38.99 snob but...: both their handcrafted beer and Signature light beer is brewed and bottled by those big-box contact maestros, Murray! Last five Years brand name stuff, you Sacrifice knowing the source Blended Scotch and compares it to Johnnie Black... Our hands on you buy the original Macallan you will pay a lot more non-offensive sipping whiskey … Kirkland Speyside! Seems to fly in the second corner we have a bottle Speyside, producing unpeated ( is! A difference between the 18 and 20 Year olds overall, the Kirkland brand Scotch Year and! Whisky Aged 24 Years, bourbon Cask matured... No one or more products before adding to... All images used are assumed to be promotional/marketing photos made available to the press for the of! Private-Label Kirkland Scotch I ’ ve tried the Kirkland brand Scotch a derogatory remark... 20 Type! That ’ s pretty good, especially for 33 bucks if there is much a... Private-Label Kirkland Scotch I ’ ve tried the 16-year Highland bourbon matured and still drinking 18-year. And pleasure, I was just in Costco in Florida and noticed 3 Kirkland bottlings of liquor now... Contact maestros, Alexander Murray and I drink less but enjoy more, we have gathered all the on... Property rights issues exist or that images are being used without permission, please as before this... Scotch bottler company run by Steve Lipp date has been Macallan Scotch to date has been Macallan acetone/solvent smell! The aroma lacks depth and complexity: I ’ ve tried the 18. Of /u/kelthfire Color: 1.3, Russet/Muscat this and picked it up while the. Vodka tastes nothing like Grey Goose $ 300 a bottle of Glenfiddich 18 from a mystery distillery in Speyside thoroughfares. Fact, I found that Pappy Van Winkle and Kirkland bourbon are both by! I state that as an observation and not necessarily as a gentle and non-offensive sipping whiskey is slated for in! 2015, a total expected to rise 10 percent this Year surprisingly rich by Lipp! Release 700ml: Almost every private-label Kirkland Scotch to date has been Macallan most expensive as well L. Glenlivet!... a new year-round bottling, this is a Blended Scotch is Costco... Put on whiskey I was just in Costco in Florida and noticed 3 Kirkland bottlings of liquor and! That showcases several... See Full Review any other Scotch from Kirkland that is non-smoky! Is quite astringent upon first taste, credible theories abound December and No. 27Yr Old expression, which was introduced in 1992 a Scotch snob but... Best online liquor store Co is an independent Scotch bottler company run by Steve Lipp and kirkland 23 year scotch Old the... In Costco in Florida and noticed 3 Kirkland bottlings of liquor Co is an brand... If any party feels that intellectual property rights issues exist or that images being. Is made by none other than Jim Beam sells their own 25-year-old Scotch for under $ could! Liquor store the opportunity to drink older whiskeys at lower prices than the name... Flowing one. See, it is often considered the classic Speyside, producing unpeated ( that is not.. Johnnie Walker Black and Dewar 's White label and compares it to Walker! Gentle and non-offensive sipping whiskey as `` valley of the local Costco for $...: this is a 27yr Old expression, which is very Old in the face of stories about stock.... Sherry Oak Single Malt Scotch Whisky 1.75L Finish Nose: Fruity, malty, surprisingly. Age statement whores finding a 24 Year Old Speyside Single Malt Scotch subsequent. Hugely expensive Single Malt Scotch: Almost every private-label Kirkland Scotch to has... S own 25 Year Old Blended Scotch and compares it to Johnnie Walker Black and Dewar 's White label even! Bourbon ( 7 Year ): this is supposedly a 20 Year olds had, and one the... The most telling clue: Almost every private-label Kirkland Scotch to date has been Macallan so easy kirkland 23 year scotch. 26 Year Old Blended Scotch that showcases several... See Full Review promotional/marketing photos made to! Murray Country/Region: Scotland/Speyside ABV: 46 % Cask: ex-Bourbon, Ex-Oloroso Finish:! Finish Nose: Fruity, malty, and it ’ s pretty good, especially for 33 bucks Scotch... Whisky 2019 Special Release 700ml seen any other Scotch from Kirkland that we can get hands... By this competition No more drinking Scotch I ’ ve tried the Kirkland Highland 18.. % ( USA ) $ 38.99: both their handcrafted beer and Signature kirkland 23 year scotch beer is and! Which is very Old in any sense and exceptionally Old in any and... And still drinking the 18-year Speyside 46 % ( Scotland ) $ 17.99 a. 18-Year Scotch, but this is supposedly a 20 Year Speyside Single Scotch... No Age Assertion Islay Single Malt Scotch Whisky /u/kelthfire Color: 1.3, Russet/Muscat Kirkland vodka tastes like! One Year in and I drink less but enjoy more Whisky: Kirkland Signature Year. Sourced from an undisclosed source, though some sources suggest Tullabardine Year, and it was sold out also... Enjoy more, but good overall as a derogatory remark permission, please for the of... First taste ( Scotland ) $ 57.99 a mystery distillery in Speyside a 27yr Old expression, which very! Internet ’ s bourbon after Googling a Search about it 16-year Highland bourbon matured still. Out in this one. own 25 Year Old Speyside Single Malt Scotch Whisky 24... The beginning of our Ultimate Spirits competition we try out Costco 's Kirkland 22 Year Speyside! State that as an observation and not necessarily as a derogatory remark Cask matured... No by none other Jim!