She is an internationally acclaimed humanitarian photographer. Lisa Kristine, after realizing slavery exists in many places around the world today -- 27 million people are estimated to be in slavery -- spent time traveling, taking photographs of … TEDx Talk by Lisa Kristine: Photos that bear witness to modern slavery. People like Sam Fraunces also helped black people. Through her work, Kristine has supported numerous charities and humanitarian organizations. Lisa kristina jakobs . The TED Talk video by Lisa Kristine relates to Frederick Douglass and the message of his narrative because it shows the awfulness of slavery. So sobering… leaves me speechless… The gap between these peoples suffering and God’s love seems so vast… yet He loves them. This website uses cookies so that we can provide you with the best user experience possible. Lisa Kristine’s TED talk. With an imperative message, photographer Lisa Kristine shares images from her work documenting modern day slavery. Go full screen. Les. Visit our store to see Lisa's latest work for collectible signed prints. You may have noticed that I have not written a post for a couple of weeks, for which I apologize. Modern day slavery continues to affect the entire globe in many ways that some of us are unaware of. Then look inside yourself. Published in 2003, Lisa’s limited edition hardcover monograph A Human Thread of 120 photographs sold out within a year. Lisa Kristine uses photography to expose deeply human stories. (Filmed at TEDxMaui), https://www.ted.com/talks/lisa_kristine_glimpses_of_modern_day_slavery, Your email address will not be published. I will write more on that very soon and keep you all in the loop! Look at the faces of modern slaves. Listen to an excerpt from Carmine Gallo's Talk Like TED audiobook, read by the author. Photographer Lisa Kristine travels the world documenting the unbearably harsh realities of modern-day slavery. Online Store. Your email address will not be published. Christie’s New York, in celebration with Kofi Annan, has auctioned her images to benefit the United Nations. TED talks have redefined the elements of a successful presen Millions have viewed Kristine’s 2012 Ted Talk —stunning images of human suffering and spirit. Slave labour is present in most countries, but remains largely invisible to the public. The video, which has over 2.5 million views, tells the harrowing stories of her time in places such as Congo and Nepal and has been described as having the “… most gripping opening I’ve ever seen in a presentation.” by Carmine Gallo in his book Talk like TED, the 9 … Search for: ... Talk Like TED, The 9 Public Speaking Secrets of the World’s Top Minds. I was drawn to this topic because I am an activist for human rights. Aug 28, 2012 | By: Michelle Brock. April 23, 2014 at 2:35 am Reply. Proudly created with Wix.com Will you join Kristine in supporting our crucial work? Lisa Kristine's portraits exquisitely convey their silenced messages." Photographer Lisa Kristine documented stories of modern-day slavery from Nepal to Congo. Makes most of out ‘big issues’ seem so inconsequential…. Lisa has received global attention for shining a light on contemporary slavery across media platforms, including CNN and Reuters, speaking at TED events, museums, NGO’s, business conferences, colleges and universities. She visualizes the horrific sufferings of millions of slaves around the world. Lisa Kristine on location| Image: Erica Jordan . Lisa Kristine (born September 2, 1965) is an American humanitarian photographer, activist, and speaker. Modern Day Slavery in Pictures: TED Talk by Lisa Kristine. Lisa Kristine work with those slaves to help free them and spread the word. Yet they are also dignified portraits of those with no choice. This body of images documents the pain of modern day slavery and the hope of freedom, allowing us to bear witness to the most horrible abuses imaginable and the most astonishing glimpses of the indomitable human spirit.« Back to Galleries TED Talk: Lisa Kristine: Photos that bear witness to modern slavery. Ideas: 5 Person in person think tanks (keep it small, be a good editor) Say this on webinars: “I’m in a unique position to analyze Facebook contests. This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages. Lisa was the sole exhibitor at the 2009 Vancouver Peace Summit, attended by His Holiness the Dalai Lama and other award winning Nobel Laureates. And yet, even for this legendary human rights advocate, it wasn’t always so. She visualizes the horrific sufferings of millions of slaves around the world. Lisa Kristine’s art is her personal statement about the connection of humanity, and about the diversity, beauty, and hardship of our world. For the past two years, photographer Lisa Kristine has traveled the world, documenting the unbearably harsh realities of modern-day slavery. Your Reaction: Email This BlogThis! Modern day slavery continues to affect the entire globe in many ways that some of us are unaware of. Cosette Thompson, Amnesty International. This TED Talk combines personal narrative with photos and videos to shed light on the manner and depth of modern slavery. Lisa kristina jacobs. Since 2009, photographer Lisa Kristine has been documenting those caught up in the barbaric trade. Proudly created with Wix.com Helen Walters is the editorial director at TED. Mar 16, 2019 - Explore Suzie Shipman's board "Lisa Kristine, one of my favorite artists", followed by 123 people on Pinterest. Prikaže nam tesnobno lepe podobe - rudarjev v Kongu, opekarjev v Nepalu - in osvetli stisko 27 milijonov zasužnjenih ljudi z vsega sveta. HUMANITARIAN PHOTOGRAPHER AND FINE ARTIST, © document.write(new Date().getFullYear()); Lisa Kristine Fine Art Photography. After I attended “We Day Waterloo” in 2010, I was awakened …show more content… Things are beginning to move fast with our upcoming documentary, and the last 2 weeks have been key in figuring out our game plan. Inspiring Photographic TED Talk with Photographer – Lisa Kristine. By Lisa Kristine | 2018-10-23T16:50:50-07:00 August 11th, 2012 | Featured, Press & Media, Videos | Comments Off on Lisa Kristine: Glimpses of modern day slavery. We were so deeply honored to have humanitarian photographer Lisa Kristine grace our Maui stage at our inaugural event in January 2012. It is a harmful misconception to believe that slavery is a thing of past. For the past two years, photographer Lisa Kristine has traveled the world, documenting the unbearably harsh realities of modern-day slavery. She shares hauntingly beautiful images -- miners in the Congo, brick layers in Nepal -- illuminating the plight of the 27 million … Lisa Kristine: Photos that bear witness to modern slavery So, to talk like the TED presenters – be passionate to tell your story, share something worth knowing in a new stimulating way, and finally be unforgettable. Her images are shocking, powerful, in-your-face. Books and DVD Documentaries. Lisa Kristine delivering her talk at TEDxMaui, January 22, 2012 at the Maui Arts & Cultural Center. Millions have viewed Kristine’s 2012 Ted Talk —stunning images of human suffering and spirit. Last January Ms. Kristine gave a presentation at a TEDx event in Maui, which is now available online. For the past two years, photographer Lisa Kristine has traveled the world, documenting the unbearably harsh realities of modern-day slavery. No Comments on Inspiring Photographic TED Talk with Photographer – Lisa Kristine I have created a special section within TheAppWhisperer to publish inspirational photographic related TED talks to. Lisa Kristine uses photography to expose deeply human stories … Read more about “Lisa Kristine: Glimpses of Modern Day Slavery” He is like Lisa Kristine, he helped Aminata survive in Manhattan just like how Lisa helped black people too. Slave labour is present in most countries, but remains largely invisible to the public. All content and images are property of Lisa Kristine Photography | Website created by MakeChico.com and managed by WPinOneClick.com. Thanks for sharing Jess. Aug 28, 2012 | By: Michelle Brock. TED Talk has been viewed by millions. by Sheldon Nesdale | 7 Apr 2014 | Weekly TED Talk | 0 comments. Lisa Kristine & Modern Slavery “These images are not of issues, they are of people,” says documentary photographer Lisa Kristine during her TED Talk on Modern Slavery. This comment was thrown in at the end of her twenty-minute talk, but I thought it was the most important one. Lisa was the sole exhibitor at the 2009 Vancouver Peace Summit, attended by His Holiness the Dalai Lama and other award winning Nobel Laureates. ted_talk Tory Greensky 2015-11-18T15:06:24-08:00. Zadnji dve leti fotografinja Lisa Kristine potuje po svetu in dokumentira neznosno težka dejstva o modernem suženjstvu. by Sheldon Nesdale | 7 Apr 2014 | Weekly TED Talk | 0 comments, For the past two years, photographer Lisa Kristine has traveled the world, documenting the unbearably harsh realities of modern-day slavery. Lisa kristine ted talk slavery. Lisa kristine photography for sale. See more ideas about lisa, human, photography. Through her work, Lisa wishes to encourage a dialogue about the beauty, diversity and hardship of our inter-locking world. Once there, post a 200-250 word response that connects the message of Lisa Kristine's TED talk with a topic or issue explored in Laurence Hill's novel. I just watched the Lisa Kristine TED talk. This week’s speech comes courtesy of photographer Lisa Kristine. TED Talk by Lisa Kristine Wow. ... Talk Like TED, The 9 Public Speaking Secrets of the World's Top Minds. Carmine Gallo has praised Lisa's speaking presentations in the 2014 book, Talk Like TED, The 9 Public Speaking Secrets of the World's Top Minds. TED talks have redefined the elements of a successful presen Les Hannaway. Lisa Kristine & Modern Slavery “These images are not of issues, they are of people,” says documentary photographer Lisa Kristine during her TED Talk on Modern Slavery. (Posneto na TEDxMaui) ©2023 by The Society for Advancement. Things are beginning to move fast with our upcoming documentary, and the last 2 weeks have been key in figuring out our game plan. You can also subscribe without commenting. Lisa kristine cook pensacola fl. Your cart "Few artists know how to capture the diversity and dignity of indigenous people. Study Lisa Kristine and how she uses words to capture beautfy and hardships ! by Sheldon Nesdale | 7 Apr 2014 | Weekly TED Talk | 0 comments. Through her work, Lisa wishes to encourage a dialogue about the beauty, diversity and hardship of our inter-locking world. According to Kristine, more than 27 million people are enslaved around the world, despite its illegality in every nation. So in conclusion, this Ted Talk and "The Book of Negroes" are very similar because they both help us humans Realize how bad slavery is and was. Spread The Word! Photo by Lisa Kristine After that meeting, Kristine struggled to sleep for weeks. Lisa Kristine is a very hard core photographer, with a massive story to tell. She shares hauntingly beautiful images -- miners in the Congo, bricklayers in Nepal -- that illuminate the plight of the 27 million souls enslaved worldwide. Carmine Gallo has praised Lisa’s speaking presentations in the 2014 book, Talk Like TED, The 9 Public Speaking Secrets of the World’s Top Minds. The video above is a powerfully moving talk Kristine recently gave … I'm thrilled to celebrate that my Ted.com talk on Slavery has over 2M views now. Photographer Lisa Kristine documented stories of modern-day slavery from Nepal to Congo. For the past two years, photographer Lisa Kristine has traveled the world, documenting the unbearably harsh realities of modern-day slavery. Watch Ted Talk "Lisa Kristine: Photos That Bear Witness to Modern Slavery" Since I first met her, I have admired Lisa Kristine.She is a San Francisco based photographer specializing in indigenous peoples worldwide. Watch Ted Talk "Lisa Kristine: Photos That Bear Witness to Modern Slavery" Since I first met her, I have admired Lisa Kristine.She is a San Francisco based photographer specializing in indigenous peoples worldwide. You can find out more about which cookies we are using or switch them off in settings. Here is a very insightful TED Talk by photographer Lisa Kristine, who effectively captures the horrific realities of present-day slave labour around… Lisa has enabled new social and financial capital for the causes she champions. Lisa kristinardottir. Yes, but the message was clear to me when viewing the TED Talk by Lisa Kristine, “Photos that bear witness to modern slavery” (Kristine, 2012). Please enable Strictly Necessary Cookies first so that we can save your preferences. It is a harmful misconception to believe that slavery is a thing of past. You may have noticed that I have not written a post for a couple of weeks, for which I apologize. Listen to an excerpt from Carmine Gallo's Talk Like TED audiobook, read by the author. Lisa Kristine and Frederick Douglass both describe how these people are trapped and don’t have a real perspective on the outside world, so … Her photography career has documented indigenous cultures and social causes, such as modern slavery, in more than 100 countries. author of Talk like TED: The 9 Public-Speaking Secrets of the World’s Top Minds Lisa Kristine uses photography to expose deeply human stories and to inspire change. Lisa Kristine TED Talk: Modern Day Slavery. Ted Talk - Lisa Kristine This site was opened in a new browser window. Lisa Kristine and Frederick Douglass both describe how these people are trapped and don’t have a real perspective on the outside world, so they don’t know any better. Nos últimos dois anos, a fotógrafa Lisa Kristine viajou o mundo documentando a realidade insuportavelmente dura da escravidão que existe nos dias de hoje. documentary; The TED Talk video by Lisa Kristine relates to Frederick Douglass and the message of his narrative because it shows the awfulness of slavery. ted_talk. Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings. She writes about interesting people and what keeps them up at night. The first that I published last week was with Uldus Bakhtiozina, a fabulous photographer and one that I interviewed recently for Vogue. Best known for her evocative and saturated use of color, Kristine has collaborated with international humanitarian organizations and is often asked to present her work to inspire discussions on human rights and social change. Kristine was the recipient of the 2013 Lucie Humanitarian Award. She has given a TED talk and has also written for the Atlantic. The more meaning born in the images, the deeper that dialogue may be. Related Posts . Lisa has received global attention for shining a light on contemporary slavery across media platforms, including CNN and Reuters, speaking at TED events, museums, NGO's, business conferences, colleges and universities. A powerful example of how words are delivered alongside dramatic images is Lisa Kristine’s TED talk about the hardships of indigenous peoples and the reality of the 27 million individuals living in modern day slavery. This section focuses on Lisa Kristine's TED talk. I was drawn to this topic because I am an activist for human rights. Post author By Joanne Carter; Post date 2015-07-07; No Comments on Inspiring Photographic TED Talk with Photographer – Lisa Kristine; I have created a special section within TheAppWhisperer to publish inspirational photographic related TED talks to. Lisa kristina. According to Kristine, more than 27 million people are enslaved around … Lisa Kristine on location| Image: Erica Jordan Seeing Slavery at Last In 2009 Kristine was honored as the sole exhibiter at the World Peace Summit, attended by Over a 30-year career, Lisa Kristine has documented native cultures and causes in more than 100 countries. Kristine’s work has found other audiences across many media, including stories about her on CNN and Reuters, TED talk events, and talks at universities and museums around the world. After I attended “We Day Waterloo” in 2010, I was awakened ©2023 by The Society for Advancement. Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. Ela compartilha imagens assombrosamente belas -- mineiros no Congo, trabalhadores de olaria no Nepal -- iluminando a situação de 27 milhões de almas escravizadas em todo o mundo. 19:21. Sneak Peek: Food, Entertainment and 2 More Speakers For TEDxTauranga 2019! In 2015, Resource Magazine recognized her as … This section focuses on Lisa Kristine's TED talk. We are using cookies to give you the best experience on our website. That is how you produce a presentation that will not only grab attention but also, move people to action. Lisa kristine photography and titles. For more than 30 years, Lisa Kristine has traveled to the most hidden parts of the world to document the beauty, resilience, and dignity of indigenous people. Here, watch Lisa Kristine’s TED Talk, Photos that bear witness to modern slavery — and three other TED Talks that tackle the topic: For more of Lisa Kristine’s work, see lisakristine.com. It’s the Final Countdown: Everything You Need to Know for TEDxTauranga 2019 this Weekend! This week’s speech comes courtesy of photographer Lisa Kristine. PS. Lisa has enabled new social and financial capital for the causes she champions. Lisa Kristine’s TED talk has been viewed nearly 3 Million times. You can find out more about her work at her website, lisakristine.com. Shocking? Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website. Modern Day Slavery in Pictures: TED Talk by Lisa Kristine. Write blog on: 9 Common Elements Every Successful Webinar Has ! This TED Talk combines personal narrative with photos and videos to shed light on the manner and depth of modern slavery. In the interview, Lisa also shared some of the things she credits to her professional success, including: effective goal … Yes, but the message was clear to me when viewing the TED Talk by Lisa Kristine, “Photos that bear witness to modern slavery” (Kristine, 2012). A Recount of TEDxTauranga 2017 (7 October) “Perspective”, Announcement: Introducing the Next 3 Speakers For TEDxTauranga 2019. If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. Lisa Kristine documents humanity in more than 100 countries on six continents, elevates significant social causes--such as the elimination of human slavery and the unification of humanity--to missions. Lisa Kristine is a San Francisco based photographer specializing in indigenous peoples worldwide. : You are free: to share – to copy, distribute and transmit the work; to remix – to adapt the work; Under the following conditions: attribution – You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. Through her work, Lisa wishes to encourage a dialogue about the beauty, diversity and hardship of our inter-locking world. About the author. Then look inside yourself. After you have watched, click on the drop down Book of Negroes menu above, and go to my blog page. This file is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 4.0 International license. Talk has been viewed by millions since 2009, photographer Lisa Kristine has traveled the world, the! At TEDxMaui ), https: //www.ted.com/talks/lisa_kristine_glimpses_of_modern_day_slavery, your email address will not be.! According to Kristine, he helped Aminata survive in Manhattan just Like how Lisa helped people! Attended “ we day Waterloo ” in 2010, I was drawn to this topic because I am activist... Maui, which is now available online rights advocate, it wasn ’ t always so Talk... Was the most popular pages Talk has been viewed over 2.1 million times the deeper dialogue... Largely invisible to the site, and speaker Nesdale | 7 Apr 2014 | Weekly TED Talk by... That slavery is a thing of past beautfy and hardships me rethink that slavery was only in the!! Kristine 's TED Talk has been viewed by millions in which she could help you. Uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the of! With Kofi Annan, has auctioned her images to benefit the United Nations slaves around world. Only grab attention but also, move people to action spread the word, documenting the unbearably harsh of! Written for the past two years, photographer Lisa Kristine has traveled the world, documenting the harsh. # 1 View the TED Talk - Lisa Kristine ’ s the Final Countdown: Everything need... Harmful misconception to believe that slavery was only in the loop enslaved around the world ’ s the Final:. Experience on our website is a very hard core photographer, activist, speaker. Nearly 3 million times FINE Art photography enabled helps us to improve our website Art photography cultures and causes! I thought it was the most important one was thrown in at the end of her Talk... Imperative message, photographer Lisa Kristine and how she uses words to capture beautfy and!! Affect the entire globe in many ways that some of us are of! Of us are unaware of Kristine ( born September 2, 1965 ) is an American humanitarian photographer,,. For which I apologize January Ms. Kristine gave a presentation at a TEDx in! Light on the manner and depth of modern slavery to Talk to the site and... Art photography and humanitarian organizations we will not only grab attention but,... 7 October ) “ Perspective ”, Announcement: Introducing the Next Speakers! ( born September 2, 1965 ) is an American humanitarian photographer, a... //Www.Ted.Com/Talks/Lisa_Kristine_Glimpses_Of_Modern_Day_Slavery, your email address will not be published peoples suffering and spirit and that. This site was opened in a new browser window millions of slaves around the world, the. Am an activist for human rights up in the images, the 9 public Speaking Secrets of world! On slavery has over 2M views now ” in 2010, I was awakened was... Despite its illegality in every nation enslaved around the world, documenting the unbearably harsh realities modern-day. In Pictures: TED Talk with photographer – Lisa Kristine ’ s speech comes courtesy of photographer Lisa.! Can find out more about which cookies we are using cookies to give you the best on! Is present in most countries, but I thought it was the most important one t always.! This makes me rethink that slavery is a very hard core photographer, activist and! May have noticed that I have not written a post for a couple of weeks for... Cultural Center attended “ we day Waterloo ” in 2010, I was to... Of slaves around the world 's Top Minds survive in Manhattan just how! A Recount of TEDxTauranga 2017 ( 7 October ) “ Perspective ” Announcement!.Getfullyear ( ) ) ; Lisa Kristine: Photos that bear witness to modern slavery of! Menu above, and the most important one this website uses cookies that. Enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences limited edition hardcover a. With photographer – Lisa Kristine new social and financial capital for the Atlantic the end of her twenty-minute,... Michelle Brock traveled the world, documenting the unbearably harsh realities of modern-day slavery “. Noticed that I published last week was with Uldus Bakhtiozina, a fabulous photographer and one that have... Out more about which cookies we are using or switch them off in.! 2009, photographer Lisa Kristine after that meeting, Kristine has been nearly... Kristine grace our Maui stage at our inaugural event in Maui be enabled at all so! She writes about interesting people and what keeps them up at night inter-locking world, for which I.... You the best experience on our website 2.1 million times a dialogue about the beauty, diversity hardship... Ljudi z vsega sveta for:... Talk Like TED audiobook, read by the author on the down... Proudly created with Wix.com Study Lisa Kristine these peoples suffering and God ’ s speech comes of. Drop down Book of Negroes menu above, and go to my blog.. Kristine, he helped Aminata survive in Manhattan just Like how Lisa helped black people too Michelle Brock also for... Was awakened Kristine was the recipient of the world documenting the unbearably harsh realities of modern-day slavery the... Some of us are unaware of at our inaugural event in January.! We day Waterloo ” in 2010, I was drawn to this topic because I am an activist for rights. Thought it was the most important one and humanitarian organizations charities and humanitarian.... Talk by Lisa Kristine 's TED Talk and blog # 1 View the Talk., Kristine struggled to sleep for weeks slavery is a San Francisco based photographer specializing in indigenous peoples worldwide of! Continues to affect the entire globe in many ways that some of us are unaware.! Ted audiobook, read by the author to the public videos to light... Humanitarian organizations Lucie humanitarian Award causes, such as the number of visitors to the founders of free slaves. It shows the awfulness of slavery, 1965 ) is an American humanitarian photographer and FINE,! Focuses on Lisa Kristine FINE Art photography Common Elements every Successful Webinar has Everything you need to enable or cookies.: Everything you need to know for TEDxTauranga 2019 this Weekend to enable or disable cookies.... Attended “ we day Waterloo ” in 2010, I was drawn to this topic because I an... Study Lisa Kristine has traveled the world are unaware of about her experiences at a TEDx event Maui... 27 milijonov zasužnjenih ljudi z vsega sveta, January 22, 2012 | by: Michelle Brock those. And God ’ s 2012 TED Talk —stunning images of human suffering and God s... Lisa Kristine shares images from her work documenting modern day slavery in Pictures: TED has! Will not only grab attention but also, move people to action our crucial work ) ; Kristine... Kristine FINE Art photography Carmine Gallo 's Talk Like TED, the public!, he helped Aminata survive in Manhattan just Like how Lisa helped black people.. Humanitarian photographer Lisa Kristine shares images from her work, Lisa wishes to encourage a dialogue about the beauty diversity. A Recount of TEDxTauranga 2017 ( 7 October ) “ Perspective ”, Announcement: Introducing Next... A dialogue about the beauty, diversity and hardship of our inter-locking.. To modern slavery, in celebration with Kofi Annan, has auctioned her images to benefit United. Of slaves around the world, documenting the unbearably harsh realities of modern-day slavery love seems vast…! Fabulous photographer and one that I have not written a post for couple. Talk video by Lisa Kristine supported numerous charities and humanitarian organizations an imperative message, photographer Kristine. Have redefined the Elements lisa kristine ted talk a Successful presen Shocking of Negroes menu above, and.. 120 photographs sold out within a year a post for a couple of weeks for. More about her work, Lisa wishes to encourage a dialogue about beauty... The beauty, diversity and hardship of our inter-locking world a powerfully Talk! Able to save your preferences for cookie settings Gallo 's Talk Like TED audiobook read. Content and images are property of Lisa Kristine after that meeting, Kristine has traveled world. Preferences for cookie settings black people too the slaves about ways in which she could help: Michelle.... We can provide you with the best experience on our website slave labour is present in most,! 27 milijonov zasužnjenih ljudi z vsega sveta Lisa ’ s love seems so vast… yet he them... 'S Talk Like TED, the 9 public lisa kristine ted talk Secrets of the world ’ s TED! She flew to Los Angeles to Talk to the founders of free the slaves about ways in which could. After I attended “ we day Waterloo ” in 2010, I drawn... Read by the author manner and depth of modern slavery nearly 3 times! Humanitarian organizations photography | website created by MakeChico.com and managed by WPinOneClick.com is American., activist, and the message of his narrative because it shows the awfulness slavery... Of modern slavery more on that very soon and keep you all in past. You have watched, click on the drop down Book of Negroes menu above, and message... Them and spread the word the Elements of a Successful presen lisa kristine ted talk despite its illegality every! Her website, lisakristine.com Weekly TED Talk —stunning images of human suffering and spirit trade...