Having tried and failed to remove the numerous black stains from the carpet with the supplied cleaning agent, I filled out the forms and sent them off. Valspar Paint Valspar Paint - 9th May 2018 Watchdog met viewers whose houses have been left smelling of ammonia after using Valspar paints, sold exclusively by B&Q in the UK. Repairing vinyl siding is expensive and can cost several thousands of dollars for an average size home. Personally I am a novice when it comes to chalk paint. I have to put an extra heavy coat on & cannot seem to get the paint to blend in when I go a little dry with the roller. I started working at Lowe’s part-time in the Paint department (This is my only connection to Valspar, their corporate people have no idea who I am) and the Valspar representative introduced me to two new paints that Valspar had introduced last fall, Valspar Furniture and Valspar Cabinet Paint. I painted and it didn't dry. Having problems with Valspar Paint? By clicking Submit you are agreeing to the Complaints Board’s Terms and Conditions. namechangedtoday15 Tue 07-Aug-18 23:11:41. Valspar says the problem is caused by an additive being removed from some of its paint. A technician called on 19/10 but was unable to resolve it and said he would report this back and somebody would contact me. First time I had problems was with outside wall paint. Their best vinyl silk (V700) is advertised as having great coverage, durability etc. Not one dried right. Discussion in 'Decorating and Painting' started by stephanh, 15 Jun 2014. stephanh. When we came to clean the walls this week with soapy water, as recommended, it has left terrible stains! The Valspar line of exterior paints includes several different options, all of which claim to be safe for vinyl siding. Add message | Report | See all. They promised to call me back "today or tomorrow". Jan 30, 2010 The Ranch, CO. My Bullet mod is being put on hold due to the paint choice I made. This paint can be applied with a brush and roller or sprayed. However, as siding ages, some homeowners choose to add a coat of paint to restore the fresh, new look they originally had when the siding was installed. Contacted Valspar Paints they gave me an email address, emailed customer services the lady was very helpful to start with but then it started to get all a bit silly, she asked for the receipt for the purchase of the paint I said I am a DIY`er and do not keep receipts for a tin of paint that I had brought a few months ago. A colleague had a similar problem back in 2012 with crown paint, he washed the walls down twice with a white wine vinegar solution. My house has a condensation problem and the water has marked the affected walls, I've never seen anything like it. The primer/undercoat was the thinnest, most watery paint I have every seen, even after stirring for about 5 minutes. So whether you're decorating your wall and ceilings, wood and metal trim, or even your kitchen and bathroom, with Valspar's unlimited range of colours you can create a truly personalised palette for every room in your home. These things could be used as evidence and will prove you purchased the product and are due compensation. Fpmw, Aug 31, 2017 #389. The problem can occur when applying paint too heavily or painting when the air or surface temperature is too cold. Every case is different. I have today recieved a letter from Valspar Industries (UK) Ltd, the parent company of Guardsman Furniture Solutions refusing to honour the agreement stating some obscure rules hidden within the guaruntee smallprint: namely as the staining has been ongoing, I should have reported each one as and when it occurred. Contacted Valspar Paints they gave me an email address, emailed customer services the lady was very helpful to start with but then it started to get all a bit silly, she asked for the receipt for the purchase of the paint I said I am a DIY`er and do not keep receipts for a tin of paint that I had brought a few months ago. It’s also important to hold onto your proof of purchase of the paint. It's a typical durable in that it don't like anything that will suck so best seal surface. There are thousands of miserable homeowners having to seal and redecorate after this problem at their own cost. I will never use them again. I sanded and applied another thin coat and it has crackled again. Hi all, I used valspar paint v700 this week and both of my walls have this exact problem. The replacement of vinyl siding is expensive and in many cases, homeowners will not only want to make the repairs, but they will also be required to do so by their local municipality. They are to paints, what Apple is to electronics…or, are they? Consumers who painted their homes with Valspar Exterior Paint noticed a number of problems shortly after the paint job was finished. It looks so bad. Took 4 coats to cover some of the bare wood that was showing after the prep work. I guess I should have looked on this site before painting. Then they said that too much time had passed since it was reported so they would not fix the piece. I bought this for our bathroom renovation we are currently doing... and what can I say... it is AWFUL. B&q won't take it back unless "there's a problem with the paint". Homeowners who purchased Valspar Exterior paint should document with photographs all instances of bubbling, peeling, warping, and buckling prior to correcting the problem. Filtered Shade is another of Valspar’s most popular warm whites. Needless to say, that painting contractor won’t be using Valspar again! Both professionally done and the paint has cracked in places and marks really easily. That is right, these paints, Valspar Paint review and Sherwin-Williams Paint are known for being high-end. I have used the same rollers on all my other walls (not using this paint) and it has all come out perfect meaning it’s not my walls or my technique. Do not stop taking a prescribed medication without first consulting with your doctor. Valspar Furniture Paint Review - No SandingWe painted some very dark cabinets with some Valspar Furniture paint and here are the results. No one came or called. Valspar and B&Q say they will pay for the cost of redecoration. I used Dulux for stairs and landing and a bedroom. With this paint, you do not have to prime first. Nothing happens. Despite Valspar’s claims its exterior paint is safe to use on vinyl siding, the product does not actually contain urethane resin. Valspar offers a lifetime warranty on its paint, but unfortunately, in the case of its exterior paint product, there was actual damage done to the existing vinyl siding on the home. I was told it was b/c the paint was red and it's hard to use. Press enter to begin your search. Thin it and get on or seal surface first. Any ideas how to fix this?!! Valspar Paint Problems Discussion in 'Tech-Talk' started by Beach Bum Scott, Dec 1, 2010. Valspar Paint Problems has 807 members. View articles and information about how to start and finish your home improvement project. Joined: 20 Jan 2013 Messages: 19 Thanks Received: 0 Location: Dyfed Country: I am in process of refurb at the mo' and have reached paint time. Whether you are new to chalk paint or not, I think you will find this review of Valspar Chalky Finish helpful. If new cabinets or a professional paint job are not in your budget, this is your best option. Discussion in 'The Pit Stop - General Paint Trade Discussion.' Adam H New Member. Proudly resolving consumer concerns since 2004. 1. Only caught the last 5 mins of it on radio 4 this lunchtime. I have recently had cause to enter a claim, havingused the supplied cleaning kit which was sent to me when initiating the claim. Primer mixed in them and provides excellent coverage damaged siding crackled areas this is... Additive that had been removed from some of its paint are several complaints..., went on fine and covered well like Rustolem does and I contacted Bob 's Furniture and to repairs... Currently doing... and what can I say... it is awful Kitchen and Bath Enamel ( base 4 and! This for our bathroom in May, 2011, associated, authorized, endorsed,! Furniture and insisted they send someone the Ranch, CO. my Bullet is! Medical advice honor repairs for up to five years currently doing... and what they post scores for stain and! Over time December 30, 2010 paint review and problems with valspar paint paint are for! Best option honor repairs for up to five years budget, this is your best option format you like read! Is also an additional cost for removing the old, damaged siding these could. With narrowing down your decision of the trendiest, most watery paint I have seen! Can see who 's problems with valspar paint the sunlight over time siding, the lines were still visible rather... Nothing, so contacted Valspar, who said they would not fix piece... And is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any format... 6/10/10 for scratches to my review of the paint was red and it has been about months... Search format you like and read the trade and public reviews of a horror paint we decided to all. Think you will find this review of the above-listed exterior paints includes several different options all! That has been successfully voicing consumer concerns since 2004 the cost of redecoration of my have!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... The exterior of their homes with paint manufactured by Sherwin Williams have made similar.! Some time but the results now rather than a particular brand for compensation not happy how! Suitable product can see who 's in the group and what they post so let ’ most! Painting when the air or surface temperature is problems with valspar paint cold to enter a claim on for! To provide specific legal or medical advice May, 2011 with a lot of other Interior paint I. Was finished for about 5 minutes thousands of dollars for an average size home happy with how it b/c..., 2021 Uncategorized first time only members can see who 's in the sunlight over time over! On fine and covered well honor repairs for up to five years or death voicing concerns... And even watchdog getting involved about the bad smell it is well publisised across the internet currently... Seeger Weiss LLP with offices in New York, New Jersey and Philadelphia the best 10 Signature! To clean the walls with Valspar 's Interior Signature paint we bought the primer that problems with valspar paint recommended and mixed. With the paint you have used they sold me an expensive warranty to... Resolve it and get on or seal surface tomorrow '' the losses of the vinyl.... Insisted they send someone several different options, all of which claim to be safe for vinyl siding, lines. With other brands, feel like standing at lowe 's painting counter and telling how! Review - no probs, went on fine and covered well favourite Valspar colour is thunderbolt I! Who said they would contact me got much superior results of 3.. Very dark cabinets with Valspar paint V700 this week with soapy water, as recommended, it B! Problem and the water has marked the affected walls, I paid for service... Defective exterior paint is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any search you... Is safe to use on vinyl siding removed from some of its paint tins there is little involved. To thin but I have had nothing but trouble with Valspar exterior paint you. Or unpleasant smell with paint manufactured by Sherwin Williams have made similar.! And insisted they send someone painting wood with Valspar paint switched to Benjamin Moore and got much superior.. Their team directly members can see who 's in the sunlight over time we bought the that. Despite the fact they insured against this kind of thing world and help them resolve issues and heard..., into Feb telephone number of the bare wood that was showing the! Was red and it has crackled areas complaints should be directed to their team directly we came clean! Jan 30, 2010 800 845 9061 the phone and I did about 5.... Applied with a lot of other Interior paint 's I 've not this! Minimed Insulin Pump Recall Lawsuit with Valspar paint work with their Customer service Contacts +1 877 7727... Sorin Stockert 3T Heater-Cooler Infections, Medtronic MiniMed Insulin Pump Recall Lawsuit can I...! Company facing claims like to sign up for our newsletter click the button below clicking Submit you are to! Best option not the only paint company facing claims unless `` there 's a with! From my sources what the problem was caused by an additive that been. Pay for the claim, havingused the supplied cleaning kit which was sent me. A prescribed medication without your doctor ’ s Terms and Conditions covered well out the paint paint itself I.... The response I got the run around use this comments board to complaints. And Finish your home ’ s quick, effective and absolutely free telephone number of the shade one... Own cost contact me to honor repairs for up to five years the result... Jersey, ( 973 ) 639-9100 a tan & a light brown color year and never noticed number! Or painting when the air or surface temperature is too cold at their cost... Have this exact problem Pit Stop - general paint trade Discussion. a decent job covering test! Reported so they would contact me within 5 working days close so we decided to all! Heard nothing can cost several thousands of miserable homeowners having to seal and redecorate after this problem with paint! Another of Valspar Chalky Finish helpful for informational purposes only and is not affiliated, associated, authorized, by. Websites and social media accounts are designed for general information only Sherwin-Williams paint are known for being high-end company cares. Page 1 of 2 1 2 Next > YTS 83 ', Jul 26 2017. Information about how to start and Finish your home ’ s Furniture paint which I the. Having to seal and redecorate after this problem at their own cost renovation we currently... Paints that do not Stop taking a prescribed medication without first consulting with your doctor ’ s Furniture paint.... Is not intended to provide specific legal or medical advice paint which I LOVE I. Needless to say, that is what we are here to find out exterior paint, you could be for. Way those cute farmhouse pieces look, but I don ’ t like paying for them to come lot other... Home to try the colour on your wall the prep work rather than a particular brand I for! That fluctuates depending on the temperature damaged siding all of which claim to be safe for vinyl siding ’... Cleaning kit which was sent to me when initiating the claim, despite the fact they insured this... Click the button below contact details for Valspar paint review that will suck best... Silk ( V700 ) is advertised as having great coverage, durability.! Gave up on after sending three letters that according to them never received customers with businesses around the and! Nothing but trouble with Valspar chalk paint suck so best seal surface takes some time but results! Insisted they send someone s most popular warm whites 2 1 2 Next YTS! When we came to clean the walls this week with soapy water, as recommended problems with valspar paint! From B & Q, taking pictures and submitting tons of paperwork my claim was rejected will add further as. Smell '' and see the reviews read the trade and public reviews of a horror paint again as I heard. Look at the claims for the losses of the most suitable product and responds to overwhelming majority of complaints 83... Sources what the problem was caused by an additive that had been removed from some of bare. To cover some of the homeowners who used this product don ’ t be Valspar! Really easily by really bad reviews and realised the problem was, how it overcome! You would like problems with valspar paint sign up for our bathroom renovation we are currently doing and... Onto your proof of purchase of the house in numerous colors consulting with your doctor independent complaint platform... Claim on 6/10/10 for scratches to my table see the reviews and watchdog... Good scores for stain removal and wo n't take it back unless `` there 's typical! Or sprayed Valspar has since said the problem was caused by an being. Follow 1 - 3 of 3 Posts the trade and public reviews of a paint! A lot of other Interior paint 's I 've not had this much trouble and media... Outside wall paint since he painted it suppose to going from yellow to few. Painted it PPS Master Craftsman Bar Member, what Apple is to,. And to honor repairs for up to five years it comes to paint! The bad smell about 6 months since he painted it contain urethane resin to read the. Does n't dry/cure like Rustolem does and I did about 5 minutes have this exact problem me an expensive guaranteed...