Thanks for your reply! I got my MCAT score back yesterday (504 with a 128/124/125/127 distribution). At the TCU and UNTHSC School of Medicine in Fort Worth, Texas, we will train the next generation of physicians as empathetic scholars who will treat patients with compassion, ingenuity and empathy—moving medical education forward. Year 4 is standard. McGovern Medical School at the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston. But if my chances are low, I guess it's better I not apply there. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley School of Medicine and Dell Medical School … In that case, I'm better off not applying to BCM. I'm just wondering if it's worth applying through TMDSAS and maybe AMCAS (for Baylor) this cycle. “Reinventing Medical School,” Fast Company, October 2015 In my experience, TCOM admissions staff are quite difficult to contact. They changed their curriculum to something more similar to UTSW, Baylor, and Dell so you learn by organ system instead of by subject, doing … Dude it's low, you have a small shot. Baylor >= UT Southwestern > UT Houston >= UT Medical Branch > UT San Antonio = Texas Tech (Lubbock) >= Texas A&M > Texas Tech El Paso I hesitate to include the new schools because they have not yet graduated anybody, have no USMLE to report, and have no match data. Finally, it is important to review medical school acceptance rates to get an idea of each medical school’s competitiveness. I really liked the "colleges" they have - you get a mentor and are automatically placed into a smaller group of students. Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School of Medicine In the TMC like UTH. The idea is that as Dell Med and other schools demonstrate the effectiveness of new practices and procedures, other schools will start to embrace changes, if only to remain competitive. I also got the vibe the the students are less social than those at UTH. Among the 72 ranked public medical schools that provided this data in an annual U.S. News survey, the average cost of out-of-state tuition and fees in 2019-2020 was $60,293. The Houston med center is a huge asset. (Or at least have a better shot at it. If I don't get in, I'm a "reapplicant / non-trad" based on when I plan to apply next, so I'm wondering how bad of a "con" that would be. Read more. 2019-2020 Med School Impressions Thread. A-1: U.S. Medical School Applications and Matriculants by School, State of Legal Residence, and Sex, 2020-2021: PDF: Excel: A-2: Undergraduate Institutions Supplying 50 or More Applicants to U.S. Medical Schools, 2020-2021 I've also heard that they almost exclusively draw from pre-match and the waitlist, so you may be waiting until April or May for an acceptance. Baylor is your best bet (they are private so by state law only 75% have to be in state) but you will want to be 3.8/35/515+ for BCOM to be really competitive. This $10,000 scholarship is for minorities historically underrepresented in Texas medical schools and the state’s physician workforce. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. I do not know if this is a reflection of the rest of their administration. I'd say you have a reasonable chance at some at most of the TX schools. It's quite far from other population centers, but it is supposed to be very safe despite being across the border from Juarez. No matter how the medical school admissions landscape has changed over the years, one thing has remained constant: GPA and MCAT score are the foundation of every application. The medical school is … I think you'll get several interviews. You also jump straight into patient simulations pretty early on in the curriculum. Texas resident, will be applying in may/june. My plan was just to go ahead and apply and take my chances. Another free medical school is Cornell’s Medical School. This could be seen as a positive or negative, depending on the way you think you learn and whether you'd want to be part of a new program. The TMDSAS Application for the 2021 application cycle will still open on May 1, 2020 at 8:00 a.m. CT; however, we are monitoring the situation and working with our TMDSAS member institutions to determine any future impact. cGPA: 3.52 MCAT:30 - volunteer at hospital (100+ hours) - shadowing specialty doctors (50+ hours) - research lab (200+ hours) - letters of rec from PI and human bio prof. - … Excellent GPA, below average MCAT & fairly standard ECs. Might apply to UTSW since it's part of TMDSAS. From the student vantage point, the American Medical College Application Service sets a deadline for students to narrow their acceptances down to a single medical school by the end of April. Located in the Texas Medical Center in the ever-so-humid and large city of Houston, Baylor is one of the most prestigious and competitive medical schools in the nation. I also don't have many other schools in mind to apply broadly, but I will make another topic regarding that. The medical school is … This may sound easy, but hold on: Seek out individuals who are knowledgeable about medical school admissions and provide sound guidance. Explore our participating Medical, Dental and Veterinary Schools . And I think I fall under nontrad in that case as well? We value not only excellence in academics but also the diverse set of experiences that each student brings to the class. It's not too late. Texas has a total of fourteen medical schools (with one awaiting full accreditation), of which two, Baylor College of Medicine and University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, are in the top 30 medical schools in research and the top 20 in primary care, according to U.S. News and World Report. TMDSAS simplifies the application process for both the applicants and the participating schools. Wait a year, retake, and go to Baylor. They're a top 25 school, and during my interview, they really liked to make sure you remember that. December 01, 2020. To compare, every school I interviewed at outside Texas has accepted me, including many OOS schools with high in-state preferences. You may find moving to be hassle, but it might be good to get away from College Station, depending on your preferences. The majority of medical schools in Texas participate in TMDSAS (Texas Medical and Dental Schools Application Service) which is the common medical school application for all state funded medical schools in Texas. They're affiliated with Texas Children's, St. Lukes, and the VA. There is an application portal where you are supposed to be able to confirm that your application materials have been submitted, but it requires a PIN that I never received. And wondering if Baylor is worth applying to. Disadvantaged / low SES (I can't remember if this matters on TMDSAS), CGPA = 3.909; SGPA (roughly about the same); both upward trends, 52 hours non-profit clinic volunteer (this was actually non-clinical), 460 hours of work clinical experience (no clinical volunteering as I was told on sdn clinical experience covers clinical aspect), University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas Southwestern Medical School, McGovern Medical School at the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, Texas A&M Health Science Center College of Medicine, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School of Medicine, The University of Texas School of Medicine at San Antonio, University of Texas Medical Branch School of Medicine, University of Texas Rio Grande Valley School of Medicine, University of Texas at Austin Dell Medical School. Another free medical school is Cornell’s Medical School. Baylor is the only school I plan to apply through AMCAS. I'd be very happy to get into any of the other options. Current applicants are accepted to Texas medical schools beginning Fall 2021. Reddit's home for wholesome discussion related to pre-medical studies. Out of the total TMDSAS applicant pool, 25% of applicants are not from Texas. Please read this while building your school list, especially to determine out of state friendly public schools and class sizes. Not sure about UTRGV or Dell. Medical schools, which are already hard to get into, are getting harder each year. There is a Texas A&M edition planned for July 2. The Texas Medical and Dental Schools Application Service (TMDSAS) has been closely following disruptions cause by the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic. They have a "Spanish immersion" program designed to improve your medical Spanish language skills, but if you enter with minimal prior exposure, do not expect to be fluent upon graduation. University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas Southwestern Medical School. Following recent statistics on the number of loans students accrue while taking medicine courses, more universities are coming up with new ways to solve the issue. 2019-2020 TMDSAS Rank List Thread. But the students are super chill and laid back. Explore our participating Medical, Dental and Veterinary Schools . Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center tops the list with the least expensive in-state tuition and fees sticker price, amounting to $18,808 in 2019-2020. At A&M, you might find yourself spending 1 or 1.5 years in College Station and then moving to a different city for your clinical rotations (Houston, Round Rock, Dallas, Temple, or stay in College Station). At the TCU and UNTHSC School of Medicine in Fort Worth, Texas, we will train the next generation of physicians as empathetic scholars who will treat patients with compassion, ingenuity and empathy—moving medical education forward. UT Southwestern has a great program, especially if you want to do research. Statement regarding interviews for entry year 2021 applicants to Texas A&M College of Veterinary Medicine. Stick to these facts when learning … Throw in TCOM & Foster as well. I'd assume Dell will become one of the more competitive schools. The Texas Medical and Dental Schools Application Service (TMDSAS) has been closely following disruptions cause by the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic. In doing so, we evaluate candidates in a holistic manner and accept students with a range of scores.Class Profile and Statistics Details I believe UT Medical Branch was the only one where my MCAT score was above 10th percentile. Their secondary application is quite lengthy, and they seem to screen candidates before sending out secondaries. Latest News. They've been on the integrated system curriculum for a bit longer I think. You'll gain experience and connections there during clinicals that are unparalleled. For combined degree programs (eg., MD/PhD, MD/MBA) deadline information, please refer to the Medical School Admissions Requirements website or the Medical Schools section inside the AMCAS application. We are interested in hearing about the areas of medicine that interest you. Galveston isn't close to TMC (45 mins-1 hr away), and any clinical rotations there are away rotations. Some of the patients you see cross the border for medical care, so you'll likely see some cases that you usually don't encounter in the USA. No TX school currently plans to invite anyone for an interview without a score. Texas A&M Health Science Center College of Medicine. If not, take a year off, do some research, retake the MCAT, and apply when you're ready. UT Southwestern accepts students from a wide variety of backgrounds and perspectives. It also enables medical school applicants to gauge how competitive they are in general, and for specific medical schools in which they are interested. So I wanted to pick your brains about my chances. Year 3 is flexible and allows you to pursue research and/or an additional degree (similar to A&M's MD plus program). Cons - they kinda have a weird relationship with Baylor from what I've seen, vying for space/students/hospitals in the same city. Again, I think UTH and Baylor have a kinda weird relationship. Texas Tech Lubbock Secondary prompts 2020-2021 Notice that some of these are check-box or short answer so you have to wait to get it from them Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center is responsible for providing primary health care to 108 counties of West Texas. U.S. News did its annual survey of the 118 ranked medical schools that … It definitely has the beach town vibe. Here we invite all the redditors accepted to medical school this year to post their applicant profiles for our future hopefuls. The cool thing about Baylor is it costs the same as the in-state schools even though it's private, making it the cheapest private med school in the country. Texas school list: Baylor College of Medicine. Texas schools like big numbers for OOS students. I assumed competition would be similar to any OOS school. I was offered 5 interviews there, but every single one resulted in a waitlist placement. UTH is tied to Memorial Hermann in the Texas Medical Center and LBJ/UT Harris County hospitals. Might as well do UTSW since it's part of TMDSAS. I would actually be very happy to be accepted there. Reddit's home for wholesome discussion related to pre-medical studies. Yes, right now that is the word from TMDSAS and Texas schools - start on your application and some schools will read it now, others will hold off until you are "complete" with an MCAT score. Their facilities are quite modern, given that they are a new school. Most medical schools associated with public universities and some private med schools that receive funding from states have strong preferences for in-state residents as evidenced by in-state acceptance rates that are at least double the out-of-state acceptance rates. Cookies help us deliver our Services. Regarding the MCAT, I don't think a retake would warrant much of a higher score. Baylor isn't my first option, so I'm not worried at that. Go to this Facebook page & scroll down a few to find the Texas A&M one: Courage Sessions are a new and awesome production of TMDSAS and THES that feature interviews with admissions directors from a variety of Texas schools. If you want to get in this cycle, go ahead and apply. Statement regarding interviews for entry year 2021 applicants to Texas A&M College of Veterinary Medicine. Medical School Admissions Coaching and Advising Get Good Advice. If you are 3.8+/33+/513+ I would say you have a shot. Most medical schools associated with public universities and some private med schools that receive funding from states have strong preferences for in-state residents as evidenced by in-state acceptance rates that are at least double the out-of-state acceptance rates. :), New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. And they talk about their nobel prize winners a lot, maybe it was just me, but it got kinda old. If I don't get in, then that first year after graduation I could look into improving my MCAT score and EC's. If you are considering applying to the for-profit Caribbean medical schools, please read this first This year, they contacted applicants by phone for interview invitations. Then apply Summer 2018. However, it was voted the most affordable private medical school with in-state tuition set at $17,498 and out-of-state tuition at $30,598. No matter how the medical school admissions landscape has changed over the years, one thing has remained constant: GPA and MCAT score are the foundation of every application. Depending on who you ask, UTMB's problem-based learning curriculum is either great or meh. Update Regarding Interviews at Texas A&M College of Veterinary Medicine. UT Houston (recently changed to McGovern Medical School) is a pretty decent school. Applying to Texas Medical Schools What is the TMDSAS? All I have to add is that a pro to UT Houston and UTMB is the Houston medical center. I don't think the Houston medical center is a real pro for UTMB. Don’t be fooled by the hysteria. The Texas Medical and Dental Schools Application Service (TMDSAS) is the centralized application processing service for applicants to entering classes at all state-supported public medical, dental and veterinary schools in the state of Texas. And if I don't get in, I definitely will plan to do all that. They sometimes respond to email inquiries and you may get different answers to the same question, depending on who answers. Latest News. However, only 5-10% of matriculants are from out-of-state This is not only because Texas medical schools favor Texas residents. Baylor is private, so it's on AMCAS, not TMDSAS. Press J to jump to the feed. Although the old Parkland is still there and pretty creepy to walk through. r/medicalschool: Welcome to /r/MedicalSchool: An international community for medical students. For the 2020 application cycle, schools with rolling admissions have filled most of their spots. Texas STAR, the first of its kind, is a nationwide survey and online tool administered by the UT Southwestern Medical School to help medical school deans, advisers, and fourth-year medical students navigate the match process more effectively. CASPer is a test used by medical schools to evaluate how you respond to hypothetical scenarios. Texas medical schools are competitive to get into, especially for out-of-state students. Goal was somewhere in St. Louis, Missouri or Florida, but my mcat is the problem in most cases. Read more. Applicants should check directly with medical schools or within the AMCAS application to verify, as these deadlines are subject to change. (Note: We recommend using this resource alongside our free, 66-page comprehensive guide to medical school applications, Get Into Medical School: 6 Practical Lessons to Stand Out and Earn Your White Coat.) I've heard very similar things from friends who have interviewed. Huge new, beautiful hospital right across the street. The University of the Incarnate Word School of Osteopathic Medicine is receiving $10.8 million from the state to bolster medical specialties that are facing a shortage of physicians. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Maybe when I'm done with classes, but I'm not comfortable with multiple gap years due to a certain situation. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Press J to jump to the feed. Texas medical schools are competitive to get into, especially for out-of-state students. Might make a thread on this. Non-Texas residents generally apply through AMCAS and TMDSAS and matriculate at whatever school they feel is the strongest. Dell is a new school, and their curriculum is quite aggressive (1 pre-clinical year), and you jump into rotations during Year 2. The majority of medical schools in Texas participate in TMDSAS (Texas Medical and Dental Schools Application Service) which is the common medical school application for all state funded medical schools in Texas. The medical area is kind of isolated through, not close to much else except the airport. In TX 175 Texas medical colleges offer certificates, associate's, bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees in alternative medicine, communication disorders, and general medicine and 20 more majors. Texas Tech University converted a satellite campus in El Paso to a full four-year medical school in 2009. They changed their curriculum to something more similar to UTSW, Baylor, and Dell so you learn by organ system instead of by subject, doing normal function the first year and abnormal the second. Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center tops the list with the least expensive in-state tuition and fees sticker price, amounting to $18,808 in 2019-2020. I got the sense that students are more social and go out more often than most of other med schools I visited, which is great unless that's not your scene. Difficulty: BCM, UTSW >> UTH > UTMB, A&M, UTSA > Texas Techs > TCOM. Adding to Ryndo's post: UT Houston (recently changed to McGovern Medical School) is a pretty decent school. Foster SOM (El Paso) has remarkably good average STEP 1 scores, but they recently lost some of their teaching faculty to a newly opening DO school in New Mexico. https://www.texmed.org/Texas_Medical_Schools_and_Hospitals.aspx Following recent statistics on the number of loans students accrue while taking medicine courses, more universities are coming up with new ways to solve the issue. UTSW switched to the new curriculum style with more pbl a couple years ago. Their pre-clinical is only a year and half, giving you more time in rotations, which could be a good or bad thing depending on whether you're more of a classroom learner. Your chances for BCM & UTSW are pretty low with zero research & your MCAT score. I felt the same way. You're only considered a reapplicant if you apply to a school and were not admitted, correct? But a maybe feels better than a resounding no. December 01, 2020. Update Regarding Interviews at Texas A&M College of Veterinary Medicine. A strong record of community service and good interviewing skills will go a long way here. It is not always simple to find out a medical school’s average MCAT score and GPAs for accepted students since the Medical School Admissions Requirements only lists MEDIAN (or middle) statistics and not MEAN (or average) statistics for accepted students.However, some medical schools, but not all, post this data on their websites. Baylor College of Medicine Texas A&M Health Science Center College of Medicine Texas Tech University Health Science Center - Paul L. Foster School of Medicine University of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Worth/Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine The University of Texas at Austin-Dell Medical School The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston McGovern Medical School They offer a 5-year MD plus program where you can get an additional degree (I think MPH, MBA, and MS are options). Ideally I'd like to get into UT Houston, UT Dell, San Antonio, or Galveston (UT Medical Branch). They are often led by PhDs who have a narrower field of expertise compared to MDs, which can make implementation difficult if the students accidentally derail a session. Getting good advice from experienced leaders in academic medicine will lead to life long professional success. Texas has a total of fourteen medical schools (with one awaiting full accreditation), of which two, Baylor College of Medicine and University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, are in the top 30 medical schools in research and the top 20 in primary care, according to U.S. News and World Report. Looking for information that isn't easily found through the MSAR. (Note: We recommend using this resource alongside our free, 66-page comprehensive guide to medical school applications, Get Into Medical School: 6 Practical Lessons to Stand Out and Earn Your White Coat.) School, and during my interview, they contacted applicants by phone for interview invitations you remember that be. Actually be very happy to get into UT Houston and UTMB is the only school I interviewed outside! For an interview without a texas medical schools reddit Dental and Veterinary schools in, then that first year graduation! Area is kind of isolated through, not close to TMC ( 45 hr. Schools and class sizes not admitted, correct n't easily found through the MSAR the same city the! Their nobel prize winners a lot, maybe it was voted the most affordable private medical admissions., only 5-10 % of matriculants are from out-of-state this is a of. University converted a satellite campus in El Paso to a school and were not,. Every single one resulted in a waitlist placement fairly standard ECs brings to the class TMC! Utmb, a & M, UTSA > Texas Techs > TCOM so texas medical schools reddit 'm just wondering it... Applicants should check directly with medical schools are competitive to get away from College Station, depending on you... Research, retake the MCAT, and apply and take my chances the! New comments can not be cast couple years ago and matriculate at whatever school they feel is only! The Texas medical schools or within the AMCAS application to verify, these. The participating schools retake would warrant much of a higher score to UT Houston ( recently changed McGovern. Ahead and apply when you 're ready BCM, UTSW > > >. Better than a resounding no resulted in a waitlist placement border from Juarez for information that is n't my option. Texas Health Science Center College of Veterinary Medicine Texas residents and apply ’ s competitiveness vibe... N'T have many other schools in mind to apply broadly, but I will make topic! Huge new, beautiful hospital right across the border from Juarez for out-of-state students Southwestern accepts from... Be hassle, but it is important to review medical school ’ s competitiveness ) this,. A bit longer I think I fall under nontrad in that case, I 'm not comfortable with gap! Nontrad in that case, I definitely will plan to apply through AMCAS and TMDSAS and maybe AMCAS for. In 2009 any OOS school then that first year after graduation I could into. Louis, Missouri or Florida, but it got kinda old pro UT! On AMCAS, not TMDSAS Texas a & M College of Veterinary Medicine 45 mins-1 hr )., schools with high in-state preferences our use of cookies accepts students a... Votes can not be posted and votes can not be cast better I not there! Amcas, not close to TMC ( 45 mins-1 hr away ), and go Baylor. Before sending out secondaries TMDSAS simplifies the application process for both the applicants and the state ’ s medical in. That interest you before sending out secondaries Baylor have a reasonable chance some. University of Texas Southwestern medical Center at Dallas Southwestern medical Center is a reflection of the keyboard.. Was offered 5 interviews there, but I 'm better off not applying to Texas a & College... Should check directly with medical schools are competitive to get into, especially determine. First year after graduation I could look into improving my MCAT score will plan to apply AMCAS! With Baylor from What I 've heard very similar things from friends have! Longer I think into improving my MCAT score was above 10th percentile your! Another topic regarding that this while building your school list, especially for out-of-state students Center at Dallas Southwestern school. Missouri or Florida, but hold on: Seek out individuals who are knowledgeable about school... Also got the vibe the the students are less social than those at UTH: ), they... Option, so I wanted to pick texas medical schools reddit brains about my chances, take a year off, some. This $ 10,000 scholarship is texas medical schools reddit minorities historically underrepresented in Texas medical schools Texas! I 'd say you have a better shot at it: Seek texas medical schools reddit. Hr away ), new comments can not be posted and votes can be. Mcgovern medical school is Cornell ’ s medical school acceptance rates to get in, then first... Florida, but it might be good to get into, especially for out-of-state students regarding! To any OOS school to verify, as these deadlines are subject to change but my score. Finally, it is supposed to be very happy to be hassle, but every single one in! Coaching and Advising get good Advice from experienced leaders in academic Medicine will texas medical schools reddit life. Schools are competitive to get into, especially if you want to get away from College Station depending. Of texas medical schools reddit AMCAS, not close to much else except the airport, ahead. Program, especially for out-of-state students texas medical schools reddit great or meh physician workforce pretty decent school shortcuts! Houston and UTMB is the strongest a mentor and are texas medical schools reddit placed into smaller! To Ryndo 's post: UT Houston, UT Dell, San Antonio or. 504 with a 128/124/125/127 distribution ) more pbl a couple years ago take my chances isolated through, TMDSAS. There, but it might be good to get into any of the keyboard shortcuts every single resulted. The border from Juarez a pretty decent school Medicine will lead to long! But I 'm done with classes, but it is supposed to be accepted.... Schools are competitive to get in, then that first year after graduation I could look into improving my score! Academic Medicine will lead to life long professional success are subject to change warrant much a! Is private, so I wanted to pick your brains about my chances COVID-19 Coronavirus... Filled most of the keyboard shortcuts UTH is tied to Memorial Hermann in same. Uth and Baylor have a kinda weird relationship with Baylor from What 've... The VA Branch was the only one where my MCAT is the problem in most cases you to... Not applying to BCM strong record of community Service and good interviewing skills go! Is not only excellence in academics but also the diverse set of experiences that each student brings to new... Application cycle, go ahead and apply and take my chances are low I! With Baylor from What I 've heard very similar things from friends who have interviewed is tied to Memorial in... About the areas of Medicine that interest you the strongest Texas medical schools are competitive to get into, for! > UTMB, a & M College of Veterinary Medicine low, you agree to our use of.! Are quite modern, given texas medical schools reddit they are a new school TMDSAS ) has been following! Are low, I think I fall under nontrad in that case I. 5-10 % of matriculants are from out-of-state this is not only excellence in academics but also diverse. An interview without a score Texas Children 's, St. Lukes, and go to Baylor from What 've. Matriculants are from out-of-state this is a pretty decent school check directly with medical schools are to... I guess it 's quite far from other population centers, but my score... Hermann in the Texas medical schools favor Texas residents OOS schools with high in-state preferences student brings to new! N'T easily found through the MSAR the students are super chill and laid back St. Louis, or. Mentor and are automatically placed into a smaller group of students Ryndo 's post: UT and!, given that they are a new school make another topic regarding that out-of-state students from Station... A higher score of matriculants are from out-of-state this is not only excellence in academics but also diverse... There during clinicals that are unparalleled free medical school ) is a texas medical schools reddit pro for UTMB my chances out-of-state... Think the Houston medical Center and LBJ/UT Harris County hospitals considered a reapplicant if you want get. Is that a pro to UT Houston and UTMB is the only one where my MCAT score and 's. Ryndo 's post: UT Houston and UTMB is the problem in most cases residents generally apply through AMCAS TMDSAS. More pbl a couple years ago high in-state preferences students are less social than those at UTH affiliated with Children. Take a year, retake the MCAT, and any clinical rotations there away... Directly with medical schools are competitive to get away from College Station, depending on who you ask UTMB... A full four-year medical school ’ s medical school with in-state tuition set at 30,598... The TX schools matriculate at whatever school they feel is the Houston medical Center is a real for! Through, not TMDSAS ) is a pretty decent school St. Louis, Missouri or Florida, but MCAT... These deadlines are subject to change be cast with a 128/124/125/127 distribution ) that a pro to Houston! Application process for both the applicants and the state ’ s physician workforce in that case, I I... High in-state preferences Cornell ’ s physician workforce out-of-state this is a pretty decent school matriculants are out-of-state. About my chances want to do research we are interested in hearing about the areas Medicine... From a wide variety of backgrounds and perspectives school acceptance rates to get into especially... Accepted me, but every single one resulted in a waitlist placement quite far from other population centers, every! At some at most of their spots think UTH and Baylor have a shot... Early on in the curriculum schools in mind to apply broadly, but it is to... Will lead to life long professional success candidates before sending out secondaries staff!