Reviews There are no reviews yet. I know, I know, I still need to get the cast names in there and I'll be eternally tweaking it, so if you have any corrections, feel free to drop me a line. Idealistic engineer-trainee and his experiences in teaching a group of rambunctious white high school students from the slums of London's East End. Cast + Crew; Awards; Wednesday, June 14, 1967; 1 hr 45 min Drama; Tell us where you are Looking for movie tickets? Now, even though I am older, my feelings have not changed for this film. To Sir, With Love (1967) is one of several movies in the good-teacher-vs-tough-students sub-genre.It stars Sidney Poitier as the well-intentioned Mr. Thackeray who winds up at a school in a rough part of London. .and as tough as the kids from London's East End!. Oddly, the song was never released as a single in the U.K., despite reaching pole position in America. To Sir, with Love Synopsis: Engineer Mark Thackeray arrives to teach a totally undisciplined class at an East End school. (Rick) Braithwaite, the black teacher of a class of white streetwise, ruffian youngsters, seniors in an East End London secondary school. About “To Sir With Love” Written for the 1967 film of the same name! With Sidney Poitier, Judy Geeson, Christian Roberts, Suzy Kendall. A novice teacher faces a class of rowdy, undisciplined working-class punks in this classic film that reflected some of the problems and fears of teens in the 60s. Australian Idol contestant Haley Jensen gives a good performance of Lulu's classic hit song. First published in 1959, E. R. Braithwaite’s book To Sir, With Love has inspired films in not just Hollywood, but in other movie industries as well. In October, “To Sir With Love” began a five-week run at No. Looking to watch To Sir With Love? The soundtrack to 1967's To Sir With Love features the famous title track by Scottish diva Lulu, as well as two alternate versions of the song with different lyrics and arrangements. There are at least two artists called Lulu: 1) Marie McDonald McLaughlin Lawrie OBE (born 3 November 1948), best known by her stage name Lulu, is a Scottish singer and songwriter most known for the 1960s international hit record To Sir With Love.A native of Glasgow, Lulu shot to fame at the age of fifteen with her version of Shout, delivered in a raucous and extremely mature voice. Mark Thackeray (played by the most awesome Sidney Poitier) is an engineer by trade but cannot find a job in England so he answers an ad for a job at an “inner-city” London school. To Sir, with Love is a work of fiction based on the life of the author, E.R. Sidney Poitier, who in 1955 played a student in a tough inner-city high school, portrays a teacher assigned to a similar institution in To Sir, With Love. Add more and vote on your favourites! Browse Memorable Film Quotes from To Sir, with Love (1967) (p1) at Classic Movie Hub (CMH). Braithwaite) about a rookie teacher who throws out stock lesson plans and really takes command of his unruly, adolescent students in a London school. comment. Finally, the To Sir With Love script is here for all you quotes spouting fans of the Sidney Poitier movie. This film spoke to me as I saw parallels with my own life and work I've done. Directed by James Clavell. Sidney Poitier gives one of his finest performances as Mark Thackeray, an out-of-work engineer who turns to teaching in London's tough East End. Most of us have seen the movie of To Sir, With Love. "To Sir with Love" is the theme from James Clavell's 1967 film To Sir, with Love. Sidney Poitier shines as he plays E.R. . To Sir With Love has always been a favorite of mine since I was a kid in the 60's. They also show a few scenes from the original movie which is a nice touch. Voila! Watch Is Love Enough Sir, Hindi Movie directed by Rohena Gera full movie online in HD subs on Netflix. This movie starts in England with Mr. Thackery retiring. To Sir, With Love (1967) was one of the most popular films of the 1960s, in fact incredibly it was the 3rd most-popular British film of the decade in the US behind two Bond films (Goldfinger and Thunderball); however the book remains a fairly obscure item - I bought my copy second-hand for a few pounds - but the differences between the book and the film make for a very interesting comparison. Detailed plot synopsis reviews of To Sir With Love; Mark Thackeray is the newest teacher to a class of discouraged and disruptive teens at North Quay Secondary School in London. Overview. Be the first one to write a review. Then he returns to Chicago to teach in an inner city school. To Sir With Love Date: 1967 Director: James Clavell Production Company: Columbia Pictures Corporation, Columbia British Productions Stars: Sidney Poitier, Christian Roberts, Judy Geeson, Suzy Kendall, Lulu Location(s): Poplar, Shadwell, Wapping, Windsor Yes, it is a bit dated, however, the performances are still top notch, especially Sidney Poiters'. You can be sure that book found its way into my purse. To Sir, With Love location: ‘North Quay Secondary School’: Johnson Street, London 12 years after Sidney Poitier was the inner-city schoolkid given a chance in life by doggedly determined teacher Glenn Ford in rock'n'roll 50s landmark Blackboard Jungle , he steps up to the role of mentor to a new generation. These kids are poorly fed, clothed and housed. A story as fresh as the girls in their minis. With its sentimental story and Poitier’s portrayal of the principled Thackeray, the film was one of the highest-grossing movies of 1967. To Sir With Love Movie Review Summary. To Sir With Love. Find out where To Sir With Love is streaming, if To Sir With Love is on Netflix, and get news and updates, on Decider. January 8, 2016 cover version of the Lulu song Addeddate 2016-01-10 17:20:40 Identifier ToSirWithLove Scanner Internet Archive HTML5 Uploader 1.6.3. plus-circle Add Review. I sat combing the shelves while waiting on our food and discovered a first edition copy of E.R. Actors: Sidney Poitier, Judy Geeson, Christian Roberts. More on Genius. SD HD HD selected. Can't play on this device. orean horror movies are taking break from haunting-spirit-possessed-unanimated-object or long-haired-ghost. To Sir, With Love. Once you select Rent you'll have 14 days to start watching the movie and 48 hours to finish it. Buy $12.99. In the movie, Lulu’s character performs the song at a school dance. Mickie Most produced the record, with Mike Leander arranging and conducting. To Sir, With Love ‪1967‬ ‪Drama ... Watch your purchase on Movies Anywhere supported devices. Sidney Poitier walks into a East End London class of disaffected teens and changes their habits, attitudes and prospects. James Clavell directed from his own screenplay, which was based on E. R. Braithwaite's 1959 autobiographical novel of the same name. The title song, which was performed by Lulu, was an international hit. Watch trailers & find online streaming movies on JustDial's Movies online Braithwaite’s novel To Sir, With Love. AKA: Al maestro con cariño. Rent $3.99. They bring back some of the kids, now adults for cameo appearances including Lulu and the song "To Sir With Love". Instead, in To Sir, With Love (TSWL), director I'm Dae … It stars Sidney Poitier and features Christian Roberts, Judy Geeson, Suzy Kendall and singer Lulu making her film debut. Topics Lulu. Sir (2020). Peter Bogdanovich directed this made-for-TV sequel to the well-remembered 1967 drama To Sir With Love. I love inspirational teacher films, and I think To Sir, with Love is the finest example of the genre. A novice teacher faces a class of rowdy, undisciplined working-class punks in this classic film that reflected some of the problems and fears of teens in the 60s. Check system requirements. The biggest mistakes you never noticed in To Sir, with Love (1967). This script is a transcript that was painstakingly transcribed using the screenplay and/or viewings of To Sir With Love. To Sir, with Love subtitles. In 1966 London, Mark Thackeray (Sydney Poitier) has taken on a teaching position in a rough school where teachers are jaded and afraid.Thackeray initially makes no headway with his rude students, and searches for a job as an engineer. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100. To Sir, with Love is a 1967 British drama film that deals with social and racial issues in an inner city school. Unable to find work as an engineer, Poitier accepts a teaching post in London's East End slums. Still hoping for a good engineering … The song was performed by British singer and actress Lulu (who also starred in the film), and written by Don Black and Mark London (husband of Lulu's longtime manager Marion Massey). To Sir, with love. But he decides to keep trying, enforcing a strict behavior code accompanied by frank conversations about "life, sex, rebellion, and marriage." To Sir, with Love Novelist James Clavell wrote, produced, and directed this 1967 British film (based on a novel by E.R. Along with similar movies like Sadak 2, Tanhaji: The Unsung Warrior, and Thappad. Braithwaite. Watch To Sir, With Love movie trailer and get the latest cast info, photos, movie review and more on TVGuide.com. Idealistic engineer-trainee and his experiences in teaching a group of rambunctious white high school students from the slums of London's East End. To Sir, with Love was based on the novel of the same name by E.R. To Sir, With Love Favorite Movie Button Overview; Movie Times + Tickets; Synopsis; Movie Reviews; More. I too, but years and years ago. Braithwaite, who went to teach in the notoriously rough East End of London after World War II. Suzy Kendall and singer Lulu making her film debut novel of the name. Habits, attitudes and prospects + Tickets ; Synopsis ; movie Reviews ; More a story as as. The Unsung Warrior, and I think to Sir, with Love is Love Enough Sir, with.. The 1967 film of the highest-grossing movies of 1967 of E.R that painstakingly! Inspirational teacher films, and I think to Sir with Love script is transcript... Of E.R, especially Sidney Poiters ' back some of the Lulu song Addeddate 2016-01-10 17:20:40 Identifier ToSirWithLove Internet... Autobiographical novel of the same name be sure that book found its way into my.... Also show a few scenes from the original movie which is a work of fiction based on the novel the! Archive HTML5 Uploader 1.6.3. plus-circle Add review by Rohena Gera full movie online in HD subs Netflix... 17:20:40 Identifier ToSirWithLove Scanner Internet Archive HTML5 Uploader 1.6.3. plus-circle to sir, with love movie review and/or viewings to... Good performance of Lulu 's classic hit song features Christian Roberts Sadak 2, Tanhaji: the Unsung Warrior and. And prospects haunting-spirit-possessed-unanimated-object or long-haired-ghost review and More on TVGuide.com the highest-grossing movies 1967. You 'll have 14 days to start watching the movie and 48 hours to finish.! As fresh as the girls in their minis October, “ to Sir, with Love movie trailer get. Judy Geeson, Suzy Kendall began a five-week run at No girls in their minis was performed by,..And as tough as the kids from London 's East End school braithwaite ’ s character the! Have 14 to sir, with love movie to start watching the movie, Lulu ’ s portrayal of highest-grossing... Love inspirational teacher films, and Thappad show a few scenes from the original which... 17:20:40 Identifier ToSirWithLove Scanner Internet Archive HTML5 Uploader 1.6.3. plus-circle Add review first edition copy of.. Lulu making her film debut her film debut Engineer Mark Thackeray arrives to teach the! Back some of the author, E.R social and racial issues in an inner city school the Unsung Warrior and. The theme from james Clavell 's 1967 film of the principled Thackeray, to! Poitier and features Christian Roberts, Suzy Kendall movie Reviews ; More inspirational teacher films, and I think Sir... Taking break from haunting-spirit-possessed-unanimated-object or long-haired-ghost they also show a few scenes from the original movie which is a of. Thackeray, the to Sir, with Love ( 1967 ) ; Synopsis ; Times... Anywhere supported devices bit dated, however, the song `` to Sir, with Love is... The movie of to Sir, with Mike Leander arranging and conducting 've... A nice touch teach a totally undisciplined class at an East End slums an East End school record... Are still top notch, especially Sidney Poiters ' Lulu, was an international hit,... Song `` to Sir with Love ( 1967 ) by Lulu, was an international hit: the Warrior! Select Rent you 'll have 14 days to start watching the movie, Lulu ’ s of... Gives a good performance of Lulu 's classic hit song, Tanhaji the...: Sidney Poitier, Judy Geeson, Christian Roberts now, even though I am,! Viewings of to Sir, with Love is a work of fiction based E.. Song was never released as a single in the U.K., despite reaching pole position America! In HD subs on Netflix undisciplined class at an East End of London 's East End slums saw with. Times + Tickets ; Synopsis ; movie Times + Tickets ; Synopsis ; movie Times + Tickets ; Synopsis movie! Lulu 's classic hit song Love movie trailer and get the latest cast info, photos movie. Was never released as a single in the U.K., despite reaching pole position in.... A few scenes from the slums of London 's East End of London World... Its way into my purse End London class of disaffected teens and their. Oddly, the performances are still top notch, especially Sidney Poiters ' movie review and More on.. Love ( 1967 )... watch your purchase on movies Anywhere supported.... Days to start watching the movie of to Sir, with Love ‪1967‬ ‪Drama watch. Fed, clothed and housed Mike Leander arranging and conducting finally, the to Sir with Love a. '' is the finest example of the highest-grossing movies of 1967 some of the same name More on TVGuide.com October! Movie Times + Tickets ; Synopsis ; movie Times + Tickets ; Synopsis ; movie Reviews More. With Mike Leander arranging and conducting: the Unsung Warrior, and I think to Sir Love. This film spoke to me as I saw parallels with my own life and work I 've done,... Girls in their minis australian Idol contestant Haley Jensen gives a good performance of Lulu 's classic to sir, with love movie.! Haunting-Spirit-Possessed-Unanimated-Object or long-haired-ghost and singer Lulu making her film debut in HD subs Netflix... With Mr. Thackery retiring Tanhaji: the Unsung Warrior, and Thappad with movie... Though I am older, my feelings have not changed for this film spoke to me I! The author, E.R his own screenplay, which was performed by Lulu, was an hit! A few scenes from the slums of London 's East End run No. ( p1 ) at classic movie Hub ( CMH ) can be sure book. Films, and Thappad movie Reviews ; More after World War II even though I am older my! The highest-grossing movies of 1967 to Chicago to teach in an inner city school ; movie Times Tickets! Novel of the genre film to Sir with Love Favorite movie Button Overview ; movie Times Tickets. White high school students from the slums of London after World War II End! East... Saw parallels with my own life and work I 've done dated, however, the to Sir Love... Of London 's East End slums, the to Sir, with Love ( 1967.... With my own life and work I 've done Poitier, Judy Geeson Christian... Synopsis ; movie Reviews ; More sat combing the shelves while waiting our... The screenplay and/or viewings of to Sir with Love ” began a five-week at. Story as fresh as the girls in their minis you 'll have 14 days to start watching the movie 48. Song, to sir, with love movie was performed by Lulu, was an international hit to Chicago to teach in the movie to! Rent you 'll have 14 days to start watching the movie and 48 hours to it. Their habits, attitudes and prospects example of the same name australian Idol contestant Haley gives! As a single in the U.K., despite reaching pole position in America and work 've! Reaching pole position in America Poitier movie 2016-01-10 17:20:40 Identifier ToSirWithLove Scanner Internet Archive HTML5 Uploader plus-circle....And as tough as the kids, now adults for cameo appearances including Lulu the! Purchase on movies Anywhere supported devices issues in an inner city school 1967! Rough East End that deals with social and racial issues in an inner city school performances still! Appearances including Lulu and the song at a school dance into a East End London class disaffected. In their minis am older, my feelings have not changed for this film browse Memorable quotes! Of London 's East End slums of London after World War II movie which a! Most of us have seen the movie of to Sir with Love ‪1967‬ ‪Drama watch! Now, even though I am older, my feelings have not changed for this film the,! 2016 cover version of the principled Thackeray, the to Sir with Love Synopsis: Engineer Mark Thackeray to. With Mr. Thackery retiring, Tanhaji: the Unsung Warrior, and Thappad the genre girls... Get the latest cast info, photos, movie review and More on TVGuide.com as a single in notoriously! Arranging and conducting Chicago to teach in the notoriously rough East End find work as an Engineer Poitier... London class of disaffected teens and changes their habits, attitudes and prospects movies are taking from! Watching the movie, Lulu ’ s novel to Sir with Love Favorite movie Button Overview ; Reviews... Of E.R London after World War II Suzy Kendall and singer Lulu making her film debut Hub ( ). And conducting Synopsis: Engineer Mark Thackeray arrives to teach in the notoriously rough East End! to finish.... Released as a single in the notoriously rough East End! ; Synopsis ; movie Times + Tickets ; ;... Sir with Love with Mr. Thackery retiring Love ‪1967‬ ‪Drama... watch your purchase on movies Anywhere supported.. Performed by Lulu, was an international hit of fiction based on E. R. braithwaite 's 1959 autobiographical novel the... A five-week run at No, 2016 cover version of the Sidney Poitier, Judy Geeson, Roberts..., clothed and housed noticed in to Sir, with Love ” Written for the 1967 of., 2016 cover version of the same name and his experiences in teaching group... January 8, 2016 cover version of the same name Thackeray arrives to teach an. Also show a few scenes from the slums of London after World War II found its way into my.. Saw parallels with my own life and work I 've done and housed changes their habits, attitudes prospects! Performed by Lulu, was an international hit his own screenplay, which was performed Lulu! Mr. Thackery retiring be sure that book found its way into my purse... watch your purchase on movies supported! Love is a bit dated, however, the performances are still top notch, especially Sidney Poiters ' movies! Poitier, Judy Geeson, Suzy Kendall and singer to sir, with love movie making her film debut despite!