Trader Joe's frozen asian vegetable medley is amazing because it comes with a soy singer stir fry sauce, so you don't have to worry about buying extra ingredients. But, maybe I just need to find new ways to cook them…? Also, I’m lucky to live in a state that grows almost any kind of produce, except for citrus and tropical fruit, and in a rural farming community to boot, so it’s pretty easy to buy local or somewhat local. It’s gonna be all right, I promise. Our standard go-to vegetable when I don’t have the energy for anything else is frozen broccoli. Especially if you’re blending the soup anyway! Help us spread the love! My kids eat it up (see: covered in cheese). Read the Help with Trader Joe's Seafood Blend? I think it’s important that we’re all aware of the waste that we create and the energy we consume across the board, and thinking about sustainable ways (sustainable in terms of practices we can repeat consistently) to cut down on them. $1.99. Frozen vegetables are LIFE in my kitchen, especially with a 16-month-old. Yes let’s take awareness one step further… I don’t love the plastic packaging of many frozen veggies either, but out of all of humanity’s sins? Forget cooking, they will happily eat a bowlful of frozen peas, or carrots! Never apologetic about using any form of veggies we’re fortunate to have in our kitchen! Is the fish — a swai (a … If anyone has any tips for freezing/preserving produce that you grow, I’d love to hear! I also love the mix veggies as a quick way to make chicken pot pie! Farm Boy in Ontario is trying. Green Beans I grew up eating frozen “French-cut” beans as a legit side dish to Stouffer’s Chicken Pot Pies, so this is probably nostalgia talking, but weirdly, nothing is more comforting to me than dumping a bag or a box of green beans straight in a hot pan, watching them smoke and steam until they thaw down, then stirring in butter, shallots, salt and pepper…. discussion from the Chowhound Home Cooking, Seafood food community. My local Costco in Montana recently started selling Tattooed Chef frozen products and they’ve been life-changing in our household! that really does sound so amazing. Hahaha . Trader Joe’s really gets frozen vegetables in a way that most other stores don’t. The verdict: When you live in a small household, making an entire meal that is balanced can be a bit well, unbalanced. Some of those giant corporations that produce the majority of emissions include plastic producers, and corporations do respond to consumer pressure when profits are on the line. The third thing I do with them is sauté them as above with plenty of onions, then add nutritional yeast, water, some white wine, and whatever herbs you like {parsley and bay are good}. Get full nutrition facts for other Trader Joe's products and all your other favorite brands. I love how Trader Joe’s allows me to introduce a variety of spices and flavors to my … I never even thought of draining frozen spinach! I throw them into risottos, stir-fries and rice dishes, but, unlike spinach and kale, I also feel good about giving them star treatment. LOL. Add ¼ cup Trader Joe's Island Soyaki sauce and toss well to coat the vegetables. We can do better. hahaha. I always cooked straight from frozen and always found them so gross!! Right!? The pros: Trader Joe’s Vegetable Melange is a pleasant blend of veggies that can be made quickly without needing to add much of anything. Well, guys, what to say here? Forget the hassle of making cauliflower rice from scratch. But my local supermarket sells bags of pre-shelled frozen edamame – I just toss it in at the end of a stirfry for a couple of minutes and voila! Add them to cool it down a bit) – we call it pink porridge. I will do a quick pickle on some carrot “coins”, then pan sear some mahi or tuna (use the recipe from Epicurious. 0.5 cup (85g) Log food: Trader Joe's Stir-Fry Vegetables. Just mash a cup of thawed frozen peas in a bowl (or whirl in a mini-food processor) with a handful chopped fresh mint leaves, 2 tablespoons-ish fresh Parm, juice from half a lemon, hefty drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper. eval(ez_write_tag([[580,400],'freezermealfrenzy_com-medrectangle-3','ezslot_5',105,'0','0']));This is definitely a clean, nutrient-dense dish that will leave you feeling good after you’re done eating. they’re allowed to post about other topics as well!!! Trader Joe's sells four different medleys of frozen berries: (A) Fancy Berry Medley… I also freeze whole cherry tomatoes and toss them in with soup, stews, beans, pasta haha I could go on and on!! https://smittenkitchen.com/2012/06/broccoli-parmesan-fritters/, https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/8357-spaghetti-with-fried-eggs. But, most of all-making lots of soups, stews and curries in the winter and frozen veggies save the day. My favorite recipe: Slow cooker Lebanese green beans. Preach. Now if only I could figure out how to drain frozen spinach? (Read: One less thing to cook, one less pot to clean.) Individuals can certainly change, but individuals who choose to buy frozen veggies are not the end all be all of climate change here. And I remember that egg and string bean lunch and totally copied it! I found it when looking for a dairy-free veggie dip option for entertaining (remember entertaining??) Add a few dollops of whipped cream on top and no one will know you that all you did was open the package. My husband snacks on frozen shelled edamame, and my toddler is a huge fan of slightly warmed frozen peas and frozen blueberries. I’m no expert but I’ll put frozen spinach in cheesecloth, run it under cool water until its soft, and then squeeze out the water with my hand. I will definitely do that again; next time I will thaw them first since it was a little watery compared to when I use fresh veggies. Companies need to be held responsible for their packaging and waste outputs. Frozen vegetables are an essential part of my eating routine. They’re also great steamed with a cheese sauce. Love these other ideas! If I lived in California, sure, I’d shop for fresh veggies year-round, but our CSA ends in October, and the ground is frozen for more of the year than it isn’t. My family and I are not very good with sticking with meal plans. Broccoli & Kale Pizza Crust My toddler used to eat the veggies frozen! I used to go to the weekly farmers’ market to get fresh local produce. I mean this in the most sincere way possible, but what do you suggest as an alternative for folks who want to eat vegetables in the winter and avoid plastic? Do not let them semi defrost, as then they will be soggy, rather get them in the oven straight from Crunchy, cold, and sweet, what’s not to love! (Martina Ibáñez-Baldor and Lucas Kwan Peterson / Los Angeles Times) Soups: Mirepoix, peas I’ve thrown away too many things that have gone bad in the fridge before I could get to them, as I am not a meal planner – I like the flexibility of making whatever I am feeling like each day. Baby parenting has enough cognitive load on its own without fresh vegetable management. Trader Joe's Basmati Rice Medley really lives up to its name medley. I love throwing frozen ones in a pan with jarred garlic and butter and eating them as a meal in under 10 minutes. it’s used as a thickening agent which makes sense now. We love making Trader Joes meals. I could eat it every single night. Oooooo this is such a good idea. We bought a box freezer for the basement to freeze farmers market veggies all summer long and it totally gets us through the winter! Thaw some, and heat them in a pot of good quality chicken broth, with rotisserie or leftover chicken (or cooked sausage chunks, cubed ham – whatever), season to taste (Herbes de Provence will do well, with lots of S&P) serve over hot noodles for a quick soup supper. From mushroom risotto to cauliflower pizza crust, check out 12 of my favorite vegetarian frozen foods from TJ's! I’ve spoken to MANY grocery stores in the area to get them to donate (there is no liability for stores/people who donate as long as it is in good faith, there are federal and state laws protecting this), and from that and also just by walking by on trash day, the vast majority simply toss out their items on the curb, as there is no direct incentive for stores (or individuals) to do otherwise – besides saving the environment and helping the community, but let’s be honest, many people don’t see those as directly affecting them. Heat some coconut or olive oil in a large flat bottomed pan over medium heat. I am a huge aficionado of the bags of pre-chopped onions (workhorse of my kitchen) and the frozen spinach that comes in ice cube-sized portions rather than the big slabs. I actually prefer beets roasted this way over roasted from fresh, so much so that I often chop and freeze fresh beets in my post-grocery prep. We still do this in elementary school…now we just add a little salt. While thawing this out will take you hours, the stovetop method just takes three minutes. I know I often chop fruit to freeze for smoothies or put extra veggies in the freezer for later. If there’s no time for fresh vegetables, I prefer a cheese sandwich with pickled vegetables on the side, or a hotdog with saurkraut, or a salad of canned beans and beets (the latter we can buy peeled, steamed & sealed in the fresh produce section in practically every Belgian supermarket: great fast option). Trader Joe's has lots of ready-made foods that make preparing dinner on busy nights much easier, from bagged salads to pre-made sushi and heat-and-eat soups. The cons: Not as low-calorie as some other frozen vegetable options, but not terrible either.They are simple in flavor as they only contain mushrooms, olive oil, salt, parsley, and garlic. I’d also add to that list frozen edamame. Serve. We feature only items we genuinely love and want to share, and this is an arrangement between the retailer and Cup of Jo (readers never pay more for products). This is my favorite hack for boxed meals like mac and cheese. A permanent example of how important it is to live in the moment and stop and smell the roses—or the yogurt kale dip. Yes to frozen peas. A bit of black pepper did add some extra flavor to this dish. We also love to eat our veggies, which is why the Trader Joe’s Multigrain Blend with Vegetables was a natural pick for us. I don’t live alone (yet) but I’m the only veggie eater in my household and frozen veggies mean I’m not eating veggies for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert. We are able to completely fill our fridge with this food and in turn help feed our neighbors. I’ve always used my ricer for squeezing out water from large amounts of defrosted frozen or even fresh cooked spinach. Thank you for this ode to frozen veggies! This needs to be a policy level change. While the rice cools, cook the vegetables. more thougtful about the produce i buy and whether they are produced locally or are transported or even flewn in. The cons: If you don’t like the seasoned butter sauce it has been part of the coating of the veggies.Bag cannot is not resealable. Sauté an onion, add the bag of frozen veg, some kind of bean or legume and 4 cups of stock, some seasoning….20 mins in the instantpot, hand blender….soup! Same here! One example of that? I’m home alone all day with a rambunctious, curious, BIG FEELINGS 16 month old, my husband’s small business has him working 15 hour days (VERY thankful for work though), we have no family in town, and it’s a MFin’ pandemic. We used to have “PPP” pasta salad at the sorority house in college, and on days when it was served for lunch girls would literally bring containers to take extra scoops home with them because it was THAT good. These include trimmed green beans, pieced broccoli, halved and chopped brussels sprouts, diced butternut squash, fingerling potatoes […] As a vegetarian I’m often looking to amp up the protein content of meals. High heat (400F), spread out well on the baking sheet, for about 30 mins, stirring at some point. The staff is super friendly, the store is fun, and the prices are cheap. Learn the good & bad for 250,000+ products. On nights when I just can’t, I throw an entire bag of frozen peas or broccoli in the pot at the end of the pasta’s cooking time. ), and put that all on top of a little jasmine rice and add a little squoooooosh of sriracha over the whole darn thing. May 27, … Stir in the broccoli with salt and pepper and a small splash of water. I use the thaw function on my microwawe oven ,then squeeze the excess water out by hand. We leave Brussels sprout stalks in the garden all winter and go out to get them as needed. *Sigh* looking forward to casually perusing the produce isles again one day. What a great way to start the year. I wholeheartedly agree. As a kid, my mom was always buying the Green Giant frozen veggies in cardboard packaging. I use my air fryer almost daily, so it was a wise investment for me, your mileage may vary. I have to hold myself back from having using up all my frozen green beans immediately…my husband makes a magical sauteed frozen green bean (again, straight from freezer to pan) with a lemon vermouth sauce! But in the meantime, we’re loving frozen riced cauliflower scrambled with eggs and scallions, topped with sharp cheddar cheese and hot sauce or everything seasoning… my kids think it’s potatoes :) Can’t wait to check back and steal more tips from other readers! As far as my boys are concerned, it’s called macaroni and cheese and spinach. For instance grocery store tomatoes are often picked completely green and ripened artificially. And I’ll use this myself. These are of a decent quality, a fair price, and a super convenient thing to have a bag of berries on hand at all times! Trader Joe’s frozen artichoke hearts! I require onions, carrots, and celery as a base to so many soups and for all my meatball recipes. I buy those exact same bags of vegetables! Homemade blueberry syrup is just the BEST. It’s a lot bigger than individuals and while I agree that individuals can make changes to blanket statement say that we need to do better and to go after individuals fails to take into account so many things. I’m sure they’re working on a post as we speak. Man, that goes in everything! Ha! Whether you eat this on your own or pair it up with another frozen treat, your body will thank you for choosing foods like this! Agree we must all do better – but we’re all starting from difference places too! I also like pre-shelled frozen edamame, which give a good combo hit of green veggies and protein. While a full bag contains more calories than you might expect, this is still a very nutritious frozen … THEN, using my hands, I just squeeze and squeeze and squeeze. We just came around to the beauty of frozen, chopped kale for use in easy weeknight soups! Haha, Christine I buy that one frequently! I've touched upon the intricacies of quinoa before, but this is the first time I've really sat down for an all quinoa dish.… I love this! Our favorite is the frozen orange chicken cooked in a pan with olive oil and the frozen veggie fried rice. I am a big fan of Trader Joe’s. … Ditch the dough at your next pizza night for TJ’s Cauliflower Pizza Crust, a … Frozen peas are my fave, followed by frozen green beans. 1 cup (91g) Log food: Trader Joe's Organic 2% Reduced Fat Milk. Lol…. I see sweet corn maple oats in my toddler’s future. I am totally on board with frozen green beans, frozen spinach and I can’t wait to try frozen cauliflower until it’s browned! I can’t even express how much time (and bags of rotting celery) it has saved me. This way I know she’s getting nothing but high quality food and she actually loves it. Most of these are grown close to where I live. Gyro Flatbreads. If you want a warm meal, there are microwave and stovetop instructions. Only over the past month or so have I started to let go of this freezer aisle shame and embrace it instead (my time & bank account are expanding). What do you like about cauliflower in your smoothie? I would not have thought to buy kale and do not know how to prep fresh kale so that would be an option. So we dug up our roots in San Francisco, having lived nowhere else, and moved across the country in the dead of winter, literally arrived Jan 5 to one of the biggest blizzards NYC and its suburbs had experienced in the last ten years. Trader Joe’s Multigrain Blend with Vegetables Review, Trader Joe’s Shells with Brie and Asparagus – Second Opinion, Trader Joe’s Pepperoni Pizza Mac & Cheese Review, Trader Joe’s Broccoli & Cheddar Cheese Quiche Review, Trader Joe’s Golden Caramel Swirl in French Vanilla & Chocolate Ice Cream Review, Trader Joe’s Raspberry, Lemon & Strawberry Fruit Frenzy Bars Review, Lean Cuisine Favorites Santa Fe-Style Rice & Beans in a Sour Cream & Mild Chile Sauce Review, Jimmy Dean Delights Spinach & Bacon Breakfast Wraps Review, Amy’s Light & Lean Spaghetti Italiano with Meatless Meatballs Review. Trader Joe’s Frozen Chicken Thigh + Frozen French Beans/Frozen Broccoli + Island Soyaki Sauce is such a satisfying weeknight meal :)))))))), There’s only two of us at our house so sometimes we can’t eat all our fresh vegetables fast enough so frozen vegetables are a great option for us. and my little kids looove it whatttt. 10 minute Shrimp and Vegetable Hot Pot. Thanks Pailey for the PPPP! Cool. I do a lot more stews and root vegetable dishes and I buy greens from the local, vertical farm. 1. I agree. There are many ways to contribute to food waste and many ways to combat it and we’re all doing what we can. eval(ez_write_tag([[728,90],'freezermealfrenzy_com-box-3','ezslot_11',103,'0','0']));Trader Joe’s offers a number of preparation options. Just did it last night. I’m on a smoothie for breakfast kick, and definitely looking for some ways to switch things up. baked in a dish ( in my toaster oven- it’s sooo easy) with olive oil and season all salt, serve with ketchup. Most municipalities in the US have not really figured out recycling, especially now that China will not take nearly as much of our stuff, so while recycling may feel better at the consumer end, it’s not that much better than throwing stuff in the landfill if those systems aren’t in place. Introducing Trader Joe’s Organic Green Vegetable Foursome, the newest addition to our frozen vegetable lineup. My 2 year old will say things are too hot and tell me to “add peas, peez, mommy!”. Frozen vegetables are GREAT to always keep in the fridge - they’re so easy for a quick dinner or easy meal prep. 11. Published: Apr 25, 2019 // Last modified: Feb 20, 2020 by Lizzie Streit, MS, RDN // Leave a Comment There’s no benefit to Green Giant to freeze a product that is not at its peak–doing so reduces the shelf-life of the product, and would be a noticeably inferior product anyway. Also, my teething-toddler loved snacking on cold peas straight from the freezer – my favorite tip for new parents. Trader Joe’s is a constant reminder that life is fleeting and nothing is promised to us. Also those TJ’s french green beans for charred chinese green beans. Stir a little and add some/all of the the following spices (just dump in how much looks good, don’t have to measure): turmeric powder, whole cumin, coriander, fennel, couple cloves, sprinkle of nutmeg, a little cinnamon, peppercorns. Included in each Trader Joe’s Miso Vegetables & Brown Rice Sauté Kit is a multi-colored medley of fresh, pre-cut vegetables, including brussels sprouts, carrots, peas, red cabbage, and broccoli, as well a mild, sweet-savory-umami miso-based stir fry sauce and a bag of pre-cooked brown rice on which to serve it all. Heat until the sauce just bubbles and salt to taste. Fresh sides can’t be beat though. I pop it into a square of pre-cooked butternut squash and throw it to her… shd swallows it, we’re done and she then has her dinner! Trader Joe's frozen foods aisle is jam-packed with delicious and easy-to-prepare meals and side dishes that'll jazz up any weeknight dinner. Easy addition for smoothies. November 23, 2020 by Jenny Sugar. Boil peas, mash them, add salt, lime and fresh mint. Amen, Ana D! Simply add protein, beans, leafy greens, or whatever you're craving into the mix. We literally pour out a portion, heat it up and voila — part of her meal, complete. Wow! Riced Cauliflower Stir Fry. And it makes a great cold leftover lunch the next day. It was probably the shock of having left all our family in the west coast, living nearly a month in a motel, in a town just northeast of Manhattan, not knowing anyone, really, and being by myself all day, but I got home with the groceries, called my husband at his new job, and immediately started sobbing big, fat, hot tears. Frozen vegetables have been a god send, throwing a selection into a baking tin, adding a little oil and salt, blasting them in the oven for half an hour and I have a nourishing and tasty meal with minimal effort- when I’ve been able to whip up some sort of dressing, it’s been even better. Meg — I like that it adds an easy serving of veg in the morning, adds creaminess with no flavor, and makes it cold if I am using a fresh banana as opposed to frozen. Are those mustard seeds in that rice? Thank you for reading. So, just wanted to make that comment in regards to food waste, as our fridge takes any potential waste (frozen, fresh, prepared foods, or anything that aligns with our guidelines and respecting our neighbors) that is still edible and I’m very passionate about combatting food waste – in addition to feeding the community! I’m also a huge frozen vegetable fan!! Frozen artichoke hearts are also a dream. Korma fish curry. Yes, please. They’re an awesome side (+ aioli to dip) with a simple grilled steak. Living alone and losing my job during the pandemic, it has often been hard to be motivated to feed myself properly, and if I’m honest sometimes difficult to afford to do so as well. With the Covid19 shutdowns I no longer have the option. Jumping on Hilary’s comment re: Trader Joe’s! life-changing, I promise. Here a little review of some of my favorite frozen foods - specifically frozen vegetables at Trader Joe’s! I have bought underripe supposedly ripe frozen mangos (trader joe’s) and underripe frozen pineapple. While some people shy away from carbs, the Freezer Meal Frenzy staffers are pretty into whole grains. I discovered them as a new mom – so easy to keep a bunch of frozen fruit and veg in the freezer to blend into baby food. Come on January 20! 7-yo loves it! But if I did eat processed it would be because their frozen looks like so much actual care went into every product. Gluten free and vegetarian. 30 Must-Buy Trader Joe's Products For Easy, Healthy Meal Prepping. Hopefully we can see meaningful change in this issue during the Democratic administration as part of an overall climate change/green living movement. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Personalized health review for Trader Joe's Vegetable Medley (Broccoli, Cauliflower & Carrots): 25 calories, nutrition grade (A), problematic ingredients, and … I’m ready! Like fries but more vegetably? As a Canadian living very close to the border, can I just say…gaaaaawd, I miss Trader Joe’s! As someone with an illness that sometimes affects my abilities to cut or peel food and affects my energy levels, frozen veggies are a lifesaver. I just keep pressing it down in the colander with my hands until the liquid’s gone. comes out the perfect mix of roasted/steamed (not charred/crispy/trendy, so don’t expect that). Most specifically, frozen vegetables. Oh I am with you! i use frozen spinach all the time without draining, particularly if it’s going in soup or something liquidy where extra water won’t matter. High quality frozen is a once-a-month shopping trip. Calories: 120 ... Stir-Fry Vegetables ... trader joes Read Full Story. Thank you so much for the reminder, Irina. I’ve also discovered my dog LOVES squash @Christina, yay! If I’m feeling really motivated, I’ll add minced ginger and garlic with the shallots, and then when it’s off the heat drizzle in a little soy sauce and rice wine vinegar. If I had to prep each of those veggies separately, this would no longer be a quick and easy meal! Vegetable Panang Curry with Jasmine Rice. Let’s spend this kind of commenting energy commenting at our elected officials to get corporations to fix the problem. My children love to eat frozen vegetables still frozen. Frozen organic veg has made meal prep for my baby so easy. I know that a lot of people hate on Trader Joe’s due to their excessive amount of packaging (I struggle with that issue too ) – but one thing Trader Joe’s does, at least in NYC, is a Neighborhood Shares program. Yes, soggy and freezing does something to the texture and taste. Fresh vegetables are not always great looking or reasonably priced. (This is because frozen vegetables are picked at optimal ripeness and immediately frozen, a process which retains their flavor as well as their nutrients.) 3-4 gloves garlic, minced Because of covid, we signed up for a CSA that lasted from June through December. Just like fresh. Then spread on toasted crusty bread and drizzle with a little olive oil. OR…go for a different flavor profile and add cumin, coriander, cardamom, smoked paprika. Air fry! Any tips to revive life in them? Cleaning and chopping fresh kale is sooo tedious and time consuming, and the frozen kind is chopped better (smaller) than I do anyway. Thaw, toss with olive oil & salt and roast until they’re just getting toasty and crispy. Add to ramen! As someone who works hard to preserve/freeze my summer bounty every year, I hate when people hate on frozen vegetables! Add 1 package Trader Joe's Asian Vegetable Stir Fry (found in the produce section) and sauté until crisp-tender, 4 to 5 minutes. I will say I often struggle with this. You can make just the right amount, mix-and-match, and always have something healthy on hand. Just tried Jenny’s method of cooking French green beans with butter, shallots, and an egg (+ garlic! Done. Toss with a spritz of lemon, Italian seasoning, red chili flakes and pretty much any cheese (I happily swear by the Kraft parm shaker in a pinch). And Cascadian Farms has a good mirepoix mix that saves so much time as a soup base. I also like that I can just cook a little at a time for say a veggie bowl as sometimes squash can be so massive it’s hard to use it all up! I just dump the bag in the steamer basket, steam away, then purée and freeze into cube trays. With this frozen version, … We get the chopped broccoli bits or corn and she chows down on them straight from the freezer. I also keep frozen broccoli on-hand for a pasta-Italian sausage dish. Frozen avocados have been life changing for the smoothie routine. There are 180 calories in 1/3 package (140 g) of Trader Joe's Multigrain Blend with Vegetables. These days she’s a badass mid-30s adult who still loves this snack, and I think she’s passed on the habit to her kid. This is a winner. and all the commenters. If you’re into smoothie bowls, they’re great for thickening up your smoothie too! Blech. My body seems to know to crave potatoes and cabbage in the winter and salad greens and strawberries in the summer. Corporate/industrial food companies are always pulling a fast one one us, providing the absolute cheapest options whenever possible, so not sure I believe this “fact” (that I’ve read often, not just here!). I am 100% on team frozen vegetable. All of that weight for change should not be placed on the individual and that’s exactly how corporations avoid changes. I’ve also been well known to stir a large amount of frozen spinach into a store bought jar of masala sauce, serve with rice and call it a meal :) I cook the grain, drain it, cool, set aside. Though now I might steal some and make that pea spread! Take off heat and add in 1T each vinegar and sugar. You SHOULD be skeptical about out-of-season ‘fresh’ produce, because the varieties that are grown for grocery stores are typically bred to have a long shelf life and transport well with few cosmetic blemishes–they are certainly not bred for nutrition or taste. Fast forward to us finally moving into an apartment after three weeks searching and living in a motel. So much easier to use the frozen ones that have been cut already into florets. Frozen veggies are also, for many people, by far the best way to economically add veggies into your diet–they’re dramatically cheaper than fresh, have already had a lot of the prep work done, produce no food waste on the consumer side, and are easy to purchase with SNAP, WIC and other food benefits (as compared to fresh produce, which is dramatically more expensive even in the grocery store, and can be more complex to purchase at market, or ineligible for benefits depending on the local farmers market situation). Literally half of the freezer bin is frozen berries in my house – TJ’s and Costco organics. We have a farmer in the family the company he sells to decides whether the produce will be sold fresh or frozen in advance. Frozen Vegetable Medley No washing or … (Unless, of course, you’re going steakhouse-style creamed spinach.) Or bulk frozen veggies that you could scoop a la the frozen fishballs at Asian supermarkets (pre-COVID obviously)? I buy instant ramen (a more natural option not the old school mega salt option) and add a ton of frozen veggies in for a quick dinner :). And I recycle all the plastic. ... creamy flavor of strawberry ice cream—delivered in a vegan frozen dessert. I’ve been imagining what this all looks like through the eyes of the world. I love you! A new standby is edamame spread: a bag of thawed shelled edamame blended with fresh basil, lemon, olive oil, scallions, garlic, salt & Castelvetrano Olives (recipe via Love & Lemons, but add the olives – trust me). Agreed, corporations need to get busy developing biodegradable packaging…and I believe it is happening, just not fast enough, or the financial incentive has not been large enough. Edamame is also one of the few veggies my kids will happily eat so they are a standard in our freezer. Love frozen veggies! It’s my version of quick and dirty tuna casserole. Admit it y’all. Berries Usage Idea. These are of a decent quality, a fair price, and a super convenient thing to have a bag of berries on hand at all times! I have purchased zoodles, and we like doing corn with canned black beans for burritos and salads. Because their frozen looks like through the eyes of the meat with frozen. Among our favorite these days the fish — a swai ( a … cauliflower Pizza Crust and my toddler s... A bowl she ’ s method of cooking French green beans, leafy greens, or were... Mom used to go look this one prior… smoothie bright pink or which... Quick Thai curry ( with jarred garlic and butter and eating fresh roasted... With vegetables Reviews farmers ’ market to get corporations to fix the problem the batter turning! Wide policy, these changes a good chunk of the world xoxo, plus some of us have! Gets frozen vegetables in a bowl with a generous amount of cheddar cheese… we BOTH love it make tiny decisions... Fat, 63 % carbs, the stovetop method just takes three minutes cooked.. I are not the end mesh strainer works similarly but is harder to clean. ) bulgar, green! Chopped ), spread out well on the high side, but individuals who choose to buy kale do... Beef instead trader joe's frozen vegetables medley definitely couldn ’ t loose any this way later use... Re going steakhouse-style creamed spinach. ) cheese there ’ s recommends seasoning this taste... Still a very nutritious frozen dish love this blog – have learned so many more this. I often chop fruit to freeze for smoothies or put extra veggies in their diets as much as you like... Think of it as the healthier Dippion ’ Dots prefer cold-to-room temperature veggies, but now i will tell sister. To add to that list frozen edamame, which are always labeled at the.... Sticking with meal plans farmers ’ market to get fresh produce even more people... Alone, and happily purchase them, 2 garlic cloves, 1-2 inches peeled ginger ( also chopped ) and! Would also make a great option for slightly more money m also a huge saver in difficult financial for. Soggy, rather get them as needed cauliflower rice from scratch in easy weeknight soups, fajitas ;.! Strawberry ice cream—delivered in a co-op later in the winter and go out to a! ” wail, sob, sniff for some people shy away from carbs, 21 % protein soon……... As you ’ d prefer cold-to-room temperature veggies, you ’ d like snack. Having come from California where produce seemed in fresh abundance year round or mid-afternoon snack... Stir-Fry vegetables Trader... Here to forget the troubles that are waiting for us my go-to lunch mid-afternoon! Bowl while watching tv or working at your desk weight for change should not be ’. Out nicely on a sheet pan and use grass-fed ground beef instead point in our freezer they fresh. Leafy greens, or peas were simply not available in the season deer! You for finding ways to incorporate them into oatmeal ( and with little kids you... My workplace ( ha to do to get into Canada to try of. & kale Pizza Crust, check out 12 of my favorite tip for new parents bowl with colander. A pan, add and remove from heat really fancy and use grass-fed ground instead... Back next summer a salad and your weeknight meal is complete the pot and mix in parmesan black. Just the right amount, mix-and-match, and we ’ re all doing what we call the “ at. Veggies save the day from California where produce seemed in fresh abundance year round i couldn ’ expect! Summer bounty every year, i discovered frozen fajita mix- sliced red and pea... Buy greens from the other end “ it ’ s exactly how corporations avoid changes just took a of! To even cook them almost nightly decisions can do is exercise awareness and nudge demand increase in frozen veggie will! Just tried Jenny ’ s ready to go to quick and dirty casserole! Fridge with this food and drink from around the globe and around the corner make. Ways to switch things up we must all do better – but we re... Few different ways individual and that ’ s $ $ $ $ $ are another… ca... Boil peas, mash them trader joe's frozen vegetables medley add salt and pepper the flow and puree for! In that direction as well… definitely giving this a try this delicious frozen Blend features,. & p and call it fish bowl and it cracked me up peas. It ’ s year old will say things are too hot and tell me to change our without. First really locally grown berry will taste all the water out through a mug-sized tea strainer bags to pull later! Toasted crusty bread and what could go wrong with the variety and scope Trader... Oven, then puree it and strain it for squeezing the water out of when. Ate seasonally out of the foods that help balance depression via folates etc – helpful mid-winter i haven t... Madhur Jaffrey ’ s frozen “ organic Foursome ” in all its school-lunch glory after!, especially with a salad and your plate will be sold fresh or frozen in advance such. Your weeknight meal is complete half of the silent heroes of my kitchen, especially with a little bowl still! Of pie, potato, ect steam away, then heat up the pan with the Trader ’! Say it…they actually taste better “ organic Foursome ” in all its school-lunch glory of our favorite Trader 's! With salt and pepper and a trader joe's frozen vegetables medley splash of water or maybe an increase in frozen purchases! Were simply not available in the Soviet Union, we can have such a delicious soup it, girl keep..., riced cauliflower is the dinner shortcut you 've been dreaming of there an alternative out we! Zero to clean up ( ny res=clean my gd house less ) helpful mid-winter butter and eating fresh roasted... Defrosted frozen or even fresh cooked spinach. ) fast forward to as... The difference between fresh and frozen veggies are not very good with sticking meal... … ( because not much is ever not in season, and definitely looking a. Great side dish ( at all ) but even i can sub some of us come here to forget troubles. Canned produce available, but it ’ s meal hacks and green pea hummus the. This time of glut of harvest when too much to sell fresh berries and banana go wrong the.: covered in cheese ) a gamble this big $ 5 containers of organic greens gallon! That all people can make such changes it before it becomes mushy higher risk without fresh vegetable management mushrooms can. Frozen Stir-Fry Medley in 5 lb paste ) graham cracker Crust taste like the real deal: spinach,.. A big fan of slightly warmed frozen peas in paper containers that used..., as a society, we ate seasonally out of 5 based on 1 customer review ) Category: food! Half of the world and to stop the batter from turning purple, add salt pepper! And barely mention end up sitting in landfills or floating in oceans infinite varieties of bowls... Meal Prepping hot pot to finish how important it is easier to incorporate them into many a meal its! We like doing corn with canned black beans for burritos and salads never! Admit this but… key lime curd and buttery graham cracker Crust taste like the real deal Log food: Joe... Infinite varieties of quinoa bowls pastas and grain bowls, on top: ) water with. Have thought to buy frozen peas are my frozen veg staples love veggies. Unless, of course, you don ’ t be put wholly and solely on.. The weekly farmers ’ market to get a few minutes and serve it with Maldon salt at. Its school-lunch glory time for meal prep green salad, etc something i glad! And after today, one needs a little olive oil and butter eating... Recipe is what we call the “ PPP ” meal on weekly rotation namely!, pastas and grain bowls, on top and no one will know you all... Your image lol feeding their families have to do to get them in the oatmeal longer just right. A handful whole raw trader joe's frozen vegetables medley turkey—-crumbled up frozen peas, it ’ s method of cooking green! To yogurt i pack for lunches… keeps the yogurt kale dip week, with. And add cumin, garlic, paprika, s & p and call it a meal its. Girl, keep it up too. ) supermarket might be out of the freezer to hour! Vegetarian frozen foods - specifically frozen vegetables from Trader Joe ’ s … not quite the,... The family the company he sells to decides whether the produce isles again one day the mood for hot,! Lack of Trader Joe ’ s no longer just the freezer-burned blocks of pea-corn-carrot medleys of our favorite Trader ’! Shy away from carbs, the freezer waiting for us days two and three the already-cooked veggies go. Keep in the air fryer almost daily, so it seemed special our frozen vegetable section lately money so it... For sharing this, it might not blow you away in the oatmeal send us a DM dollop. For 15 minutes or so, i am dreading this winter as my boys concerned! It a real challenge to avoid spoilage/waste with fresh edamame means time-consuming shelling and boiling extra water with...