Drop in for a one-on-one advising session through the virtual line. Career Advising We’ve partnered with The Bold Career Project to provide our alumni with individualized career coaching and consulting. I was among the inaugural group of graduate students at UBC’s Okanagan Campus and completed a Master’s Degree in Interdisciplinary Graduate Studies, focused in psychology. Academic Advising … The University of British Columbia Okanagan campus. To speak with an Academic Advisor from Jan 4 – 22, 2021, please join the virtual line for a remote drop-in appointment. University can be a very challenging, yet rewarding experience. Whether you take a full credential, or a few transferable courses, your decision to come to school is a life-changing choice. Throughout these experiences, a lot of wonderful people gave me the guidance and encouragement I needed to help me achieve my academic and personal goals. Instructions: how to access drop-in advising. Student Services The University of British Columbia, Okanagan campus Academic Advising. If our queue is closed or full for the day, you will need to come back on the next business day to join the virtual line. Management Engineering (Applied Science) I love the energy and excitement on campus and am passionate about helping students prepare for their future careers, discover their own areas of passion, and ensure that they have the tools to succeed to their full potential. Programs & Admissions. IT Services | Webmail | Website Feedback, UBC’s Okanagan campus is situated on the territory of the Syilx Okanagan Nation, Arts and Social Sciences International Programs & Services. If this is a cell phone number, you can also receive SMS message updates to let you know approximately how long your wait time will be. I grew up in Ajax, Ontario but decided to attend Dalhousie University in the BSc program with a major in Marine Biology. Before booking an appointment with an advisor, refer to the first-year planning guide for your program and check to see if your question has been answered on our Frequently Asked Questions page. Sometimes degree planning can seem overwhelming in combination with all other aspects of university and campus life. The University of British Columbia is a global centre for research and teaching, consistently ranked among the 40 best universities in the world. Arts and Social Sciences, Irving K. Barber Faculty of The Irving K. Barber Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences drives economic, social and cultural change through learning and research. Advisors will cover frequently asked topics including final exams, grades and Summer 2020 courses. I graduated from UBC’s Okanagan campus with a Bachelor of Arts degree, majoring in Sociology. It comprises award-winning faculty and researchers, staff, and students, all engaged in a close-knit, inclusive learning environment with strong links to industry and government. Developing productive relationships with your research supervisor and supervisory committee is one of the most important and rewarding aspects of being a graduate student. UBC Okanagan Academic Advising; Published: July 2020 Pre-booked appointments will be available beginning Jan 25. page to find answers to many of our most commonly asked questions. Explore admissions at UBC's Okanagan campus: programs of study, admission requirements, tuition and fees, and student life—or take a campus tour. The UBC’s Okanagan campus School of Education will use marking schemes and rubrics with a minimum pass equivalency set at a B+ (76%) in UBC’s standard marking system. I love working with students to help them understand their obstacles, strengths, and goals. While working as a Residence Life Manager at Dalhousie, I also received a Master of Education degree from Mount Saint Vincent University, also in Halifax, NS. For questions about programs or courses offered by the School of Engineering, contact  School of Engineering Academic Advising. For the latest updates, resources and FAQs, please visit www.ubc.ca. Okanagan College Education Advisors help you plan your studies to get the most out of your time at our institution. If you’re looking for an opportunity to travel and learn, make sure you take advantage of these programs. Trans and Gender Diversity Support. Tel 250 807 8000 I graduated from Okanagan University College with a Bachelor of Arts, Honours in Psychology. Find UBC events on the UBC Okanagan Events Calendar or Industry events on the Student and Alumni Job Board. Education Personal and Professional Development Continue to improve personally and professionally by attending Webinars and events hosted by employers. Previous nomadic traveller from Trinidad & Tobago. Kelowna, BC Canada V1V 1V7 Contact Arts Academic Advising. After living and working on the east coast for many years, I am very excited to be a part of the UBC Okanagan advising team. If you have questions about a specific course, please contact the course instructor or the department offering the course. International Student Advising is not providing in-person services at this time. Undergraduate Academic Advising Assistance with academic planning, interpreting course requirements, and resolving academic and personal problems. 870 likes. Along with the other members of your Academic Advising Team, I take great pride in assisting you to find the information you need and use the tools available to navigate your way to degree completion. Engineering (Applied Science) Welcoming students from any faculty, the Debate Society gives students of all abilities a fun way to develop their oracy skills. LinkedIn is also a great platform for finding events that may interest you. UBC Okanagan offers a wide range of opportunities to learn and do research abroad through programs like Go Global, exchange and research abroad, and summer study at partner universities. Don’t worry! In one way or another, I have been involved in education all of my professional life ~ from teaching abroad for ten years to having worked at UBC for the past ten years. The Annual Engineering Graduate Symposium is held annually at UBC’s Okanagan Campus. Expect email … Start of term (January 11–22) is a busy time for advising. UBC Okanagan’s Debate Society is a non-competitive group of students who meet weekly to practice the art of debate. For UBC Okanagan-specific updates, visit ok.ubc.ca/covid19. New to UBC. Library | Give to UBCO Kelowna, BC Canada Health and Social Development IT Services | Webmail | Website Feedback, UBC’s Okanagan campus is situated on the territory of the Syilx Okanagan Nation, Arts and Social Sciences Working in Enrolment Services allowed me to learn how the university functions behind the scenes. Remember that getting involved on campus and in the community is the best way to enhance and enjoy your time here so let me know how I can help you get connected with opportunities on and off campus. Health and Social Development GO TO GO GLOBAL Math and Science Centre You will be prompted to provide your name, student number, and a 10-digit telephone number where you can be contacted*. Join the SoE Advising Team on Thursday, April 2, 2020 for a virtual School of Engineering Advising Update. Before booking an appointment with an advisor, refer to our online registration resources and check to see if your question has been answered in the registration section of our Frequently Asked Questions page. As a former student, I know the university experience can be complicated. Please check back after January 20, 2021 to book an appointment for Jan 25 or later. The School of Engineering is an integral part of the Faculty of Applied Science at UBC. I joined the Academic Advising team because of the experiences I had as a student as well as my desire to help others succeed. I graduated from UBC’s Okanagan campus with a Bachelor of Arts degree, majoring in Psychology. Faculty of Applied Science School of Engineering. V1V 1V7, 3333 University Way After graduating with a UBC Bachelor of Arts degree, I completed a Post-Degree Professional Program at UVic to earn a BC Teaching Certificate. UBC Okanagan offers a wide range of opportunities to learn and do research abroad through programs like Go Global, exchange and research abroad, and summer study at partner universities. Toll free 1 866 596 0767, Facts | History and Milestones | Careers My career in education led me overseas, where I worked at Korea Aerospace University for 14 years and graduated from Yonsei University with a Masters in Korean Studies. Location: University Centre 227 Email: ips.ubco@ubc.ca As of March 23, all International Advising is online only (email or Zoom). If you’re looking for an opportunity to travel and learn, make sure you take advantage of these programs. Community partners hiring Co-op students come from a broad range of sectors and workplaces, including public organizations, non-profit agencies and large corporations, to small … The Reality of Sci-fi From dystopian literary analysis and out-of-this-world languages to robotic engineering, see how the genre of science fiction powers the work of professors and students. Please be prepared for service delays and longer-than-average wait times. Preparing for UBC; Orientations; Information for parents; ... For questions about programs or courses offered by the School of Engineering, contact School of Engineering Academic Advising. The AIC includes Academic Advising, Career Advising, Go Global Advising, and on-campus employment. This behind the scenes work really sparked my interest in working with students. Academic Advising For questions about programs or courses offered by the School of Engineering, contact  School of Engineering Academic Advising. Attending graduate students are given the opportunity to showcase their research in oral presentation or poster format, with both options being judged and prizes awarded. Are you new to UBC this year? After graduation, I began my career in Student Services. Academic advisors are available to assist students with: Monday – Friday Please don’t hesitate to stop by and see us if you have any questions – we’re here to help! Having technical difficulties? Shortly after graduating I became an employee of UBC’s Okanagan campus, working in the Enrolment Services office. Tel 250 807 8000 *Have an international phone number? Request advising at UBC Okanagan. … After living and working on the east coast for many years, I am very excited to be a part of the UBC Okanagan advising team. We all know how overwhelming it can be to register for courses, but registration doesn’t have to be difficult. A statement on racism and discrimination — read the message from Lesley Cormack, Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Principal at UBC Okanagan UBCO Life Blog We've got the resources, you've got the potential—shape your UBC experience, challenge yourself to try new things, and become the person and scholar you want to be. If you are a Two-Spirit, trans and/or non-binary student, staff or faculty, and have questions and concerns specific to trans inclusion and gender diversity, our team has expertise and lived experience to support you. 3272 University Way Go to the Disability Resource Centre Website, Go to the DRC Booking Accommodation Portal, Go to the Inclusive Technology Lab Website, Student resources during the COVID-19 outbreak, Health insurance for international students, Resumes, cover letters, curricula vitae & interviews, Credit/D/Fail standing at the Okanagan Campus, Terina Mailer, Manager, Academic Advising. Pre-booked appointments will be available beginning Jan 25. 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. And UBC Okanagan’s rising research scene is the perfect place to thrive. Every student is unique and has their own goals; I am committed to helping you develop academic plans that are consistent with your interests, abilities, goals, and values. I’ve had a diverse career path including clinical, research, and teaching experience as well as front line mental health work. A plan is almost never something static you determine at the start of University and then stick with. UBC Okanagan Advising & Involvement Centre, Kelowna, British Columbia. College of Graduate Studies, Research at UBCO | VP Research | Research Services. I’ve been in your shoes before as a student, and understand the complexities and struggles that go along with planning a degree. Civil Engineering (BASc) ... School of Engineering advising sheets are updated annually to reflect the latest course offerings. Email us. I aim to guide students to successfully navigate their degree, while having an extraordinary and positive time at UBC Okanagan. Thanks to my academic and co-curricular programs, I discovered my passion for student affairs and my commitment to enhancing student’s academic success. College of Graduate Studies, Research at UBCO | VP Research | Research Services, For questions about programs or courses offered by the School of Engineering, contact, Go to the Disability Resource Centre Website, Go to the DRC Booking Accommodation Portal, Go to the Inclusive Technology Lab Website, Student resources during the COVID-19 outbreak, Health insurance for international students, Resumes, cover letters, curricula vitae & interviews, Credit/D/Fail standing at the Okanagan Campus, Discussing and explaining academic requirements for university programs, Interpreting academic policies and procedures, Exploring program options and developing a personal program plan, Providing referrals to appropriate departments and services as needed. Library | Give to UBCO Founded by UBC alumnus Ian Christie, Bold Career is a Vancouver based career services firm focused on helping you make smart career moves. The UBC Okanagan Arts Career Apprenticeship Program (UBCO ACAP) connects upcoming arts, humanities and social sciences graduates from the Irving K. Barber Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences and the Faculty of Creative and Critical Studies with Okanagan-based employers for one-year, paid, early career opportunities. Drop in to a Zoom advising session during regular advising hours. UBC Search. For non-immigration inquiries, please email international.house@ubc.ca and include your student number in … Within the 120 credits, students will be required to complete first-year English or communications courses, science courses, coursework from Social Sciences as well as Humanities and courses required for their chosen specialization (major and minor). If your phone number does not fit in the first phone number field, you will be able to provide it in full later in the queue sign-up process. Speak with an Academic Advisor, Advising & Involvement Centre, UBC Okanagan ’ s Okanagan campus has Faculties... We can make sure you take advantage of these programs a Zoom Advising session during regular hours... Being the first person to attend Dalhousie university in my family, i completed a Post-Degree program! Received during this period will be prompted to provide your name, student number, and on-campus employment our will... Queue, an Academic Advisor, Advising & Involvement Centre, Kelowna, British Columbia Vancouver based career services focused. Is not providing in-person services at this time self-serve online Advising services or contact us by email to an... Research supervisor and supervisory committee ubc okanagan advising one of the queue, an Academic Advisor from 4... For research and teaching experience as well as my desire to help them understand their obstacles strengths. In Dialogue, and on-campus employment decision to come to School is non-competitive... And Professional Development Continue to improve personally and professionally by attending Webinars and hosted... Any questions – we ’ re on track to pursue rewarding life and career opportunities meaningful for.... Applied Science at UBC 11–22 ) is a busy time for Advising re looking an... Reach the front of the queue, an Academic Advisor, Advising & Involvement Centre Kelowna. Integral part of the Faculty of Applied Science at UBC Okanagan from Okanagan university with... Online info sessions for the latest course offerings Science at UBC Okanagan Advising Update we are unable to or... Interpreting course requirements, and resolving Academic and personal problems Arts, Honours in Psychology weekly. Service delays and longer-than-average wait times your decision to come to School is a Vancouver based career services firm on... Programs or courses offered by the School of Engineering Academic Advising the experiences i had as a to... Is also a great platform for finding events that may interest you Summer 2020 courses campus.. Alumnus Ian Christie, Bold career is a non-competitive group of students who meet weekly practice... By employers integral part of the Faculty of Applied Science at UBC Okanagan i grew up in,! Find UBC events on the UBC Okanagan School of Engineering is an integral part of the most important and aspects. Beyond with UBC Okanagan ’ s Debate Society gives students of all a., interpreting course requirements, and goals fun way to discover what goals and achievements are most meaningful them! To a Zoom Advising session during regular Advising hours track to pursue rewarding life and career opportunities Columbia including... Covid-19 virus – 22, 2021, please join the virtual line Advising... About programs or courses offered by the School of Engineering are welcome to drop in to Zoom! Almost never something static you determine at the start of university and campus life know overwhelming... Okanagan Advising & Involvement Centre, Kelowna, British Columbia, including the Okanagan,... Almost never something static you determine at the telephone number provided Honours in Psychology the course instructor or the offering! Period will be deleted upon receipt, working in Enrolment services office functions behind the scenes work sparked. And working with students online Advising services or contact us by email to an! To guide students to successfully navigate their own path at university as a former student, i understand how the! To book an online appointment and our advisors will cover frequently asked topics including final exams, and... Engineering ( BASc )... School of Engineering, contact School of Engineering are welcome to in... Exams, grades and Summer 2020 courses clinical, research, and a Co-op distinction be able to with. Scene is the perfect place to thrive program at UVic to earn a BC teaching Certificate prompted provide! Team on Thursday, April 2, 2020 and Jan 20, 2021 please join SoE., and resolving Academic and personal problems Jan 25 or later an extraordinary and positive time UBC! Find answers to many of our most commonly asked questions start of university and then stick with skills... Sheets are updated annually to reflect the latest updates, resources and FAQs, please use our online form. Combination with all other aspects of being a graduate student stick with any is... Re looking for an opportunity to travel and learn, make sure you ’ re for! Sociology and a Co-op distinction something i ’ ve had a diverse path... Visit www.ubc.ca this level or exceed this level SFU with a Bachelor of Arts degree, completed. Pre-Booked appointments will be able to meet with you via Zoom student Advising is not providing in-person services at level!, research, and a Co-op distinction research scene is the perfect place to thrive in! Student as well as my desire to help them understand their obstacles, strengths, and on-campus employment Academic! On-Campus employment platform for finding events that may interest you online contact form:! I know the university experience can be a very challenging, yet rewarding experience person to attend Dalhousie in. To travel and learn, make sure you take advantage of these programs questions! Topics including final exams, grades and Summer 2020 courses join the SoE Advising Team Thursday! Strengths, and teaching experience as well as front line mental health.... Take a full credential, or a few transferable courses, your decision to come to School is a group... 2021 ubc okanagan advising book an online appointment and our advisors will be prompted provide. Advisors will cover frequently asked topics including final exams, grades and Summer 2020 courses while an. Bachelor of Arts, Honours in Psychology visit ok.ubc.ca/covid19 you have any questions – we ’ re looking for opportunity...