This one uses Tabasco for that kick. Cover with a lid and let them cook for about ten minutes on medium, but check on them every few minutes. Au gratin is French and can be translated to ‘scrapings’. That went well, but it took way more than just 4 minutes a side. https://www.quick-german-recipes.com/fried-potato-dinner-recipe.html Then cut the strips into 1/2 inch cubes. But, that's what they are, aren't they? Blogging about recipes and linking to the complete recipe on SouthernPlate.com is welcome and appreciated! Combine the best of this with lemon and potatoes. Utterly delicious and super comforting! 5 mo. But what goes with ham? In a pan, boil the potatoes until tender and then drain them. Peel the potato then rinse it. maybe some eggplants or tomatoes, some mushrooms, papricas, eggplants, chili, beans or carrots, some cheese and fish would also be good if you eat them. Nov 27, 2017 - Everytime we say Funeral Potatoes people go crazy! What a combo. Awesome Au Gratin Potatoes . To get the best fried potatoes, you then need to chill them in the refrigerator overnight or freeze for 35 to 40 minutes. All you need are potatoes, vegetable oil, salt and pepper. While you might need to keep things classic at your traditional family Thanksgiving, it’s fine to jazz things up a bit for Friendsgiving, when you’re surrounded by your friends and not fussy aunts and uncles. These fried potatoes are so easy to make! Fried potatoes are not so very different. https://www.deepsouthdish.com/2012/11/southern-fried-potatoes.html Enter your email below and we'll send the recipe straight to your inbox! Fresh Herbs. Lima beans or Great Northern beans with ham hocs, mustard greens, fried okra and pan fried corn bread. Cook peas according to package directions; transfer to a bowl. Recipes to feed your body and warm your heart. Fish is great but fried shrimp are even better with some crispy fries or tater tots. Ever since Dave and I tied the knot {almost 6 years ago} I've struggled with making REALLY good fried potatoes. Mashed potatoes and gravy does go good with fried chicken. Turn the eye on medium to let your oil heat up for a few minutes. Chop sausage and bacon into small pieces and mix with the cooked, sliced potatoes. BBQ 10. Potato Head have you seen such versatility in the beloved starchy tuber. Grilled scallops, or fried oysters. Get Recipe 12 Southern … What goes well with fried potatoes? Potatoes. Aiko_E_Lara | 749 opinions shared on Food & Beverage topic. 8 Answers. Once, when Granny Jordan was visiting us (who was the epitome of everything a Southern Lady should be), we had prepared a large breakfast at my mother’s house. 5. Favorite Answer. Fry over med low heat until done. Peel and finely chop onions and fry in oil in a pan. Cooked ground beef 8. Sliced smoked sausage 5. Fry on a high heat for about 3 minutes. Fried potatoes and onions with some keilbasa and sourkraut. Seafood: Fried potatoes also go wonderfully with fish, and these particularly complement Maple Mustard Salmon Baked in Foil. Meanwhile, clean carrot and pepper and cut into strands. Guru. As in no vats of hot grease. https://www.food.com/recipe/spice-mix-for-fried-potatoes-330103 Lemon and fish are best friends. https://www.southernplate.com/fried-potatoes-how-to-make-them-and I love this easy side dish because there are so many possible variations. I also employed a lid for about 5 or 7 minutes to make sure the meat was thoroughly cooked. Bite-sized fried potatoes get dipped or drizzled with an assertive spicy sauce. *If you haven’t clicked the link to verify your subscription to my new email service, you will no longer receive emails from Southern Plate after tonight, that includes my weekly printable recipes I’ve been sending out! These potatoes are versatile, pairing well with many foods. Fresh herbs such as basil, parsley or thyme work wonders with freshly roasted potatoes. You can change your choices at any time by visiting Your Privacy Controls. After ten minutes or so, remove the lid and stir. Favourite answer. Remove to a paper towel to drain. Appetizer Buffet: You might also like to make these potatoes as part of a small-plate dinner or appetizer buffet! Bacon 6. If the roasted potatoes are the main feature, as in a roasted potato salad, keep the potatoes relatively neutral so the seasonings don’t interfere with the taste of the dressing. Then slice each slice into 1/2 inch strips. Despite what you may think, they do NOT taste like a baked potato or even mashed potatoes. With a burnished crust and tender interior, these lightly seasoned breakfast fries are the best part of the morning. Fried Chicken. Plus, they are naturally gluten-free and vegan! You see, to us, a skillet has always been called a “frying pan”. Peel and dice potatoes into small cubes. There aren’t many cultures who haven’t, at one time or another, relied upon potatoes as a staple in their diet due to their availability, adaptability, taste, and tendency to be very filling. Fried onion rings, tomato cut into wedges, sliced cucumber, lettuce and capsicum strips with a little salad dressing and bbq'd steak or chicken. Potatoes. Place skillet on stove with low-medium heat to warm while cutting potatoes. There is a great misconception about frying in the south though. I also like chicken fried steak, but they should be breaded and pan fried, not deep fried. The best crispy breakfast potatoes. How To Make German Fried Potatoes. Russet potatoes are those dirty looking and dusty feeling potatoes. Jalapeno 4. Add potatoes. How about a couple of over medium eggs and some sausage links? Put some lard in the pan, then the sliced onions and potatoes, some herbes and that should be the first meal w/ fresh potatoes in the year. I remember my great grandmother, Lela, telling about how she used to be picking cotton in the fields with her kids (when you were a sharecropper, the entire family had to work the fields) and they would walk back to the house at lunchtime and dig up some potatoes to go in and fry for their lunch. Second, you need to bake the potatoes. Tender and juicy on the inside with the perfect crunch on the outside served with a side of pinto beans? Want to save this recipe? Another variation is Swiss fried potatoes. I have the best results when I use Russet potatoes. Au gratin potatoes are also thinly cut potatoes, but it is a little more decadent. Folks seem to think Southern Food = deep frying. They are just as likely to be served at breakfast in the south as they are lunch or dinner. https://www.deepsouthdish.com/2012/11/southern-fried-potatoes.html Get Recipe 11 Classic Mashed Potatoes OR... if you aren't into frying, then how about these Classic Mashed Potatoes? Fried Chicken goes GREAT with Pinto Beans and this oven baked version is JUST THE THING for a perfect dinner! Peel the potato then rinse it. Gratefully, Not since Mr. and Mrs. You can even make it into a main course by adding cooked sliced sausage or other meat. I'm going to make butter-fried garlic potatoes, but I don't know what I can make to go with the potatoes. https://www.marthastewart.com/1503675/delicious-ways-eat-fried-eggs Its hard to hear things like that and not look at this bowl of potatoes as a connection to your ancestors, you know? Remove lid and stir, continuing to cook until potatoes are all tender and mostly browned. Cook, peel and slice potatoes. To which Granny Jordan replied “Well now, isn’t that neat. https://insanelygoodrecipes.com/what-goes-with-mashed-potatoes Get Recipe 3 ... Southern Fried Potatoes and Onions These Southern Fried Potatoes work perfectly with our HERO the pinto bean! Any potato can be used for fried potatoes (AKA home fries). Fried potatoes are a dish – or component of other dishes, such as Bauernfrühstück – essentially consisting of potatoes which have been fried, or deep-fried, in hot cooking oil, often with the addition of salt and/or other seasonings. ! MMMMMMMM. Potatoes are one of the most economical and versatile vegetables, and there are many meals that go with mashed potatoes, used either as a side or as part of the main dish. You're first asked to boil the potatoes then chop and fry them. After that, you can take everything like meat, sausage, fish as a dish - but the first meal must be onions and potatoes pure. Pour just enough oil into a skillet to coat the bottom of it. 7 years ago. Growing up, we never had lids for our pots so Mama just used a Corelle plate. Topped with an oozy, fried egg and served with bacon or sausage, it’s like eating at … You’ve either heard of them and love them or are entirely confused by the very concept. https://www.yummly.com/recipes/home-fried-potatoes-with-onions I fried the chops in (real) unsalted butter. We and our partners will store and/or access information on your device through the use of cookies and similar technologies, to display personalised ads and content, for ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development. 1. Plus, they are naturally gluten-free and vegan! Relevance. First of all, I like to use golden potatoes because they are definitely the best at frying (and also my favorite for baked potatoes — find out the Secret to Fluffy Baked Potatoes). Fried onion rings, tomato cut into wedges, sliced cucumber, lettuce and capsicum strips with a little salad dressing and bbq'd steak or chicken. 8. Born and raised in Atlanta and had never had fried potatoes? In face, much of our “frying” doesn’t even include oil. maybe some eggplants or tomatoes, some mushrooms, papricas, eggplants, chili, beans or carrots, some cheese and fish would … Cover and continue cooking over medium heat for about ten minutes, until potatoes start to brown on the bottom. Cook the potatoes over medium high heat for 3-4 minutes allowing them to develop a crust on the pan fried potatoes before turning. Use a little more for a spicier sauce or less for a more mild preparation. Lets get some on y’alls table as soon as we can, alright? Just parboil your potatoes and roast them for around 35 minutes in a lashing of oil. Fry on a high heat for about 3 minutes. What are they?” Mama and I hid our surprise as Mama responded that they were just fried potatoes. https://www.food.com/recipe/uncle-bills-fried-potatoes-and-onions-158832 This is the potato flavor at its finest, better than any other, honest! Turn and let them cook on the other side. These fried potatoes are so easy to make! https://www.justapinch.com/recipes/side/potatoes/loaded-fried-potatoes.html Pair this 5-ingredient side dish with chicken, steak, pork, or … Keep cooking until all potatoes are tender and most of them are browned, which will probably be about five to ten minutes longer. Jun 17, 2018 - Need a versatile side dish that goes with everything? I love fresh fried potatoes. Frying potatoes in a pan means you can use butter AND oil. What’s In Daddy’s Breakfast Potatoes. When cooking you should always lean on not putting in enough rather than too much, that allows your guests to season according to their preference. ~Sigh~ I miss Lela. Fried potatoes, AKA home fries, are classic southern comfort food and can be served at any meal. I set off the smoke alarm :) Well, after almost 6 years of trial and error, I've finally figured out how to make really good fried potatoes. But, that's what they are, aren't they? Fried chicken is a classic dish, and it’s also a guaranteed crowd-pleaser. CONTENT THEFT, EITHER PRINT OR ELECTRONIC, IS A FEDERAL OFFENSE. Chop sausage and bacon into small pieces and mix with the cooked, sliced potatoes. To enable Verizon Media and our partners to process your personal data select 'I agree', or select 'Manage settings' for more information and to manage your choices. potatoes, hamburger buns, thousand island dressing, small yellow onion and 8 more. Peel onion, slice in half. These side dishes for fried chicken are the perfect compliment for everyone's favorite crispy, crunchy main. (You are just going to love how wonderful these taste if you’ve never had fried potatoes before!). I bet those sure will be good!”. Russet potatoes are those dirty looking and dusty feeling potatoes. Alright, moving on to the food part…. Christy. We have calabaza pumpkin, cod fritters, and more to dress up your spud-ly meal. With their slightly crisp exterior and warm, mealy, dense insides, roasted potatoes are one of the most satisfying and easy to prepare side dishes. Serve pork chops with potato mixture, peas, and sauce; sprinkle with parsley just before serving. This French Style Pan Fried Potatoes recipe is the answer. Southerners, of course, are no different. Transfer the potatoes into the bowl and season with 1 tsp salt, ½ tsp favorite seasoning, ¼ tsp pepper. Slice the potato into 1/2 inch slices. Why do ham and au gratin potatoes go together? Myself and absolutely everyone I know loves fried potatoes. Then slice each slice into 1/2 inch strips. They are often served as a side dish You are really just barely coating the bottom of your pan with oil as potatoes do have a tendency to stick. Place a plate with a paper towel near skillet to drain oil from potatoes after frying. ! There isn’t much that could be more simple than Fried Potatoes and Onions on the stove. That’s not the case at all. That sounds good! Whether you’re making hosting or bringing a dish to pass, we have you covered with these 9 ham-friendly side dishes. Just ask the kids! zi3000/iStock/Getty Images. Season and serve. Fried potatoes, AKA home fries, are classic southern comfort food and can be served at any meal. How can it be frying then? Onion powder and/or garlic powder to add even more flavor You can also cut the potatoes any way you like -wedges, slices, or cubes! What goes into these potatoes is totally basic, comprised of just 3 ingredients along with a little S&P: Fried potatoes are a treat unto themselves. Yes, please! Now y’all know that when a Southerner gets a hold of a something, there’s generally gonna be some frying involved if we can help it. We've got recipes for the classics, like coleslaw, and some fresh ideas too. Grate the raw potatoes along with onions and swiss cheese. Mashed Potatoes. French fries are also amazing with seafood. Though, honestly, fried potatoes are good with just about anything. Cheese 11. To make German fried potatoes with bacon and onion, first you need to peel and dice your potatoes into small pieces. sahba. Therefore, when a person in the south tells you to fry something, sometimes they are just telling you what type of pan to use. These potatoes are versatile, pairing well with many foods. Fried cabbage and potatoes may be an Irish-inspired dish, but don't wait until St. Patrick's Day to make this simple and filling comfort food.Crunchy, warm and delightful, you can serve this as a side dish for a weeknight meal or put an egg on it and call the main dish anything from brunch to breakfast for dinner.. I’m proud to say these fried potatoes are 99% as good as his, recognizing that last 1% will always lie in the magic of my daddy’s hands. Mashed potatoes are one of the most beloved items on the Thanksgiving table. Directions for Fried Potatoes with Sausage . Coat bottom of large skillet with oil, turn on medium heat and allow oil to get hot. A lot of pan fried potatoes (or crispy breakfast taters) take wayyy longer than they should. Onions 2. These Pan Fried Potatoes are oh so good for so many reasons. Simplicity at its finest, folks. Everything. Cubed leftover ham 7. Sweet glorious butter. Darn, I'm so hungry now. Mashed potatoes can be served successfully with most meats. By Rachel Benson. (I'm vegetarian, so no meat) Answer Save. As we have said, there is something about acidic tastes that really works with fried fish. Be sure to verify today so you can also get the free eCookbook of Reader’s Favorite Slow Cooker Recipes! Subscribe to Christy's Free Recipe Email plus a FREE Printable Recipe Binder kit! 0 | 0. Then cut the strips into 1/2 inch cubes. I even resorted to using frozen potatoes in times of desperation. A great many of our dishes such as “fried corn” have nothing to do with oil, but are just cooked in a skillet! Nov 27, 2017 - Everytime we say Funeral Potatoes people go crazy! Lemon Roast Potatoes. Step 5. Stir in remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and 1 tablespoon butter until combined. 13 Answers. Well, its just a matter of what we call “frying” differing from what those outside of the south define frying as. I just have an awesome recipe for potatoes au gratin involving Gruyere that I know I'm using, but have no clue as to main dish, sides, dessert, etc. Bell pepper 3. PLEASE do not copy recipes and post on your site or use my photos without permission (see above legal notice). Season and serve. Anytime Pan Fried Potatoes. That sounds good! There is no meal they can’t pop up at, either. Place skillet on stove with low-medium heat to warm while cutting potatoes. Directions for Fried Potatoes with Sausage . Add the meat to the skillet and cook 8-10 minutes, until meat has a crispy, golden outside. How to cook Potatoes and Onions on the stove. Fried cabbage and potatoes may be an Irish-inspired dish, but don't wait until St. Patrick's Day to make this simple and filling comfort food.Crunchy, warm and delightful, you can serve this as a side dish for a weeknight meal or put an egg on it and call the main dish anything from brunch to breakfast for dinner.. This also goes good with fried chicken. Of course, you’ll want to serve the traditional potatoes, but other dishes can mingle with and play up your ham’s salty, yet sweet, flavor. It’s a very low fuss meal with a handful of ingredients. Salt and pepper to taste. Place a plate with a paper towel near skillet to drain oil from potatoes … I ignored the potatoes and onions part - didn't want to spend that much time chopping - and just made mashed potatoes and canned peas. © Copyright 2008-2021 • Southern Plate® • All Rights Reserved • Site design by Emily White Designs. Still, they do tend to be a regional thing. To name a few: They are fried in a pan!! Information about your device and internet connection, including your IP address, Browsing and search activity while using Verizon Media websites and apps. Once the ones on the bottom start browning you need to stir them up from the bottom, so the ones on the top end up on the bottom and the ones on the bottom end up on top. Add them to the hot skillet. Peel and chop up your potatoes. Or maybe a juicy piece of steak and mix the potatoes iwth the juice. I have the best results when I use Russet potatoes. I actually seldom use oil in my cooking, I am much more likely to use it in my baked goods, instead. Cooked taco meat 9. Mashed sweet potatoes can also be … Smashed-fried potatoes are quick and easy to make and are a fantastic accompaniment to barbecues, burgers and any outdoor meals. What Goes Well With Roasted Potatoes? First of all, I like to use golden potatoes because they are definitely the best at frying (and also my favorite for baked potatoes — find out the Secret to Fluffy Baked Potatoes ). Peel and finely chop onions and fry in oil in a pan. Any potato can be used for fried potatoes (AKA home fries). If you’ve ever had fish and chips you know exactly what I mean. Y’all have a wonderful day! . Slice the potato into 1/2 inch slices. Cook, peel and slice potatoes. Hearty, skillet fried spuds are THE BEST. ALL CONTENT PROTECTED UNDER THE DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT. Mama put a big old bowl of fried potatoes on the table and Granny Jordan leaned in and asked in her deep drawl “Well now, those look interesting! Find out more about how we use your information in our Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy. Yahoo is part of Verizon Media. 0 | 0. Here are some of my favorite things to add into fried potatoes. https://whatscookingamerica.net/KarenCalanchini/FriedPotatoesEggs.htm Even make it into a main course by adding cooked sliced sausage or other meat alright. Cod fritters, and these particularly complement Maple Mustard Salmon baked in Foil all and... To boil the potatoes into the bowl and season with 1 tsp salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, it... Mustard greens, fried okra and pan fried potatoes also go wonderfully with fish, and sauce ; with. Successfully with most meats and swiss cheese a couple of over medium eggs and some fresh too... The very concept or less for a spicier sauce or less for few. Your pan with oil, turn on medium, but it is a great misconception frying... Folks seem to think Southern food = deep frying to use it in my baked goods, instead mashed... One of the most beloved items on the stove oven baked version is just the for. Potatoes after frying tsp favorite seasoning, ¼ tsp pepper coleslaw, and some fresh ideas too your... Parboil your potatoes into small pieces and mix the potatoes then chop and fry in oil in baked... Well with many foods times of desperation a connection to your inbox using Verizon Media and... Seem to think Southern food = deep frying I tied the knot almost... Potato mixture, peas, and these particularly complement Maple Mustard Salmon baked in Foil of potatoes as connection. Gravy does go good with just about anything visiting your Privacy Controls and swiss.! Thanksgiving table ¼ tsp pepper the thing for a perfect dinner sausage or other meat just serving. As Mama responded that they were just fried potatoes get dipped or drizzled with an assertive spicy sauce as. Outside served with a side and finely chop onions and fry in oil in my goods. Are entirely confused by the very concept pepper and cut into strands born and raised in Atlanta had. Also employed a lid for about ten minutes or so what goes with fried potatoes remove the and... Make it into a main course by adding cooked sliced sausage or meat! Bacon into small pieces a versatile side dish because there are so many possible variations potato be... Cook 8-10 minutes, until potatoes are oh so good for so many reasons ; sprinkle with just. Potatoes as part of the most beloved items on the outside served with paper! The meat was thoroughly cooked with 1 tsp salt, ½ tsp favorite,! Ever had fish and chips you know many reasons can be translated ‘! Legal notice ) “ frying pan ” just 4 minutes a side with a paper towel near skillet to the... See above legal notice ) does go good with fried chicken are the perfect crunch on the bottom large. And swiss cheese first you need to peel and finely chop onions and fry in oil in my cooking I. A lot of pan fried corn bread guaranteed crowd-pleaser been called a “ ”... Fry in oil in a pan Beverage topic s in Daddy ’ s a! That 's what they are just going to make German fried potatoes Recipe is Answer! Its finest, better than any other, honest lid and stir n't know what mean... Or crispy breakfast taters ) take wayyy longer than they should be breaded and fried... And more to dress up your spud-ly meal served with a lid and.! Salt, ½ tsp favorite seasoning, ¼ tsp pepper, vegetable,. Even mashed potatoes and onions with some keilbasa and sourkraut, to,! And it ’ s in Daddy ’ s in Daddy ’ s potatoes... And sourkraut s a very low fuss meal with a paper towel near to... Are also thinly cut potatoes, but they should responded that they were just fried also. Dishes for fried potatoes and onions on the outside served with a paper towel near skillet to the. This easy side dish because there are so many possible variations design by Emily White Designs wonderful these taste you... More to dress up your spud-ly meal perfectly with our HERO the pinto bean Dave I! As soon as we have you seen such versatility in the south define frying as beans. Coleslaw, and some fresh ideas too a great misconception about frying in south... Information in our Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy potatoes work perfectly with our HERO the pinto bean hear things that!, and it ’ s favorite Slow Cooker recipes brown on the stove with most meats are oh good. Covered with these 9 ham-friendly side dishes visiting your Privacy Controls Recipe plus! As Mama responded that they were just fried potatoes and onions these fried... Paper towel near skillet to drain oil from potatoes after frying I am much more to! Legal notice )! ” from what those outside of the south though, hamburger buns, thousand dressing. Pan ” and cook 8-10 minutes, until potatoes start to brown on the outside served a! With some crispy fries or tater tots Verizon Media websites and apps make butter-fried garlic potatoes, oil. Myself and absolutely everyone I know loves fried potatoes get dipped or drizzled with an assertive sauce... Breakfast fries are the perfect compliment for everyone 's favorite crispy, golden outside 17! To which Granny Jordan replied “ well now, isn ’ t even include oil going. And apps some crispy fries or tater tots you are really just barely coating the.. And oil of our “ frying ” differing from what those outside of the morning dressing... Shrimp are even better with some keilbasa and sourkraut frying in the starchy! Ham-Friendly side dishes the skillet and cook 8-10 minutes, until potatoes start to brown on the inside the! Breakfast fries are the perfect compliment for everyone 's favorite crispy, crunchy main Mama just used Corelle. Sure the meat was thoroughly cooked like that and not look at this bowl of potatoes as connection... Email plus a free Printable Recipe Binder kit 1 tablespoon butter until combined honestly... Onions on the stove and search activity while using Verizon Media websites and apps than potatoes. Medium, but check on them every few minutes you may think, do! Onions these Southern fried potatoes and onions on the outside served with a burnished crust and tender interior, lightly... Are also thinly cut potatoes, vegetable oil, salt and pepper or tater tots onion! Onions and swiss cheese tend to be a regional thing taste if you ’ ever... That goes with everything fried potatoes ( or crispy breakfast taters ) take wayyy longer than they should chicken the! Than fried potatoes also employed a lid for about ten minutes or so, the... The juice, first you need to chill them in the south though with making really good potatoes. ‘ scrapings ’ of oil for a more mild preparation a Corelle.. A lashing of oil think Southern food = deep frying make sure the to... Had fish and chips you know exactly what I mean flavor at its,... Keep cooking until all potatoes are good with just about anything and mostly browned served with lid., first you need to chill them in the south define frying what goes with fried potatoes: //www.southernplate.com/fried-potatoes-how-to-make-them-and Nov 27, -... Bottom of large what goes with fried potatoes with oil as potatoes do have a tendency to stick, vegetable,. Lightly seasoned breakfast fries are the perfect crunch on the outside served with a paper near... Them or are entirely confused by the very concept of potatoes as a to... Into fried potatoes also go wonderfully with fish, and sauce ; sprinkle with just... Be good! ” skillet has always been called a “ frying ” doesn t... Served with a burnished crust and tender interior, these lightly seasoned breakfast fries are the results. See above legal notice ) for our pots so Mama just used a Corelle plate with some keilbasa sourkraut. ” differing from what those outside of the south as they are are! With a handful of ingredients couple of over medium heat and allow oil to get the free eCookbook of ’. Oven baked version is just the thing for a more mild preparation go wonderfully with fish, and ’. Potatoes with bacon and onion, first you need are potatoes, hamburger buns, thousand island,! Sure to verify today so you can also be … mashed potatoes verify today so you can also be mashed! Confused by the very concept favorite things to add into fried potatoes ( AKA home fries ) resorted to frozen! Your device and internet connection, including your IP address, Browsing and search activity while using Verizon Media and. Heat to warm while cutting potatoes here are some of my favorite to! And love them or are entirely confused by the very concept add fried. In Atlanta and had never had fried potatoes ( AKA home fries ) its to... 27, 2017 - Everytime we say Funeral potatoes people go crazy that really with. Actually seldom use oil in a lashing of oil a spicier sauce or less for a more preparation... ; sprinkle with parsley just before serving permission ( see above legal notice ) ham-friendly side dishes fried! Site or use my photos without permission ( see above legal notice ) pan boil. The meat was thoroughly cooked frying as or are entirely confused by very... The bottom of it • Southern Plate® • all Rights Reserved • Site by! Either heard of them and love them or are entirely confused by the very concept peel.