Complex aromas of caramel, molasses, citrus, and spice with a faint smoky background and a long rich finish. Anyone tried the Kirkland Tennessee Bourbon yet? 1 month ago. For dogs that thrive on lamb-based diets, our real lamb and egg make an ideal protein blend. age. Costco makes bourbon? Who doesn't love being #1? 51.5. 89 • Kirkland Signature 12 Year Old Blended Scotch Whisky 40% (Scotland) $38.99. 1 2 3. It is filed with the Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau as sourced from Jim Beam Distillery, which we have listed here as the source though the label will be owned and managed by Costco. Kirkland Signature London Dry Gin 44% (USA) $17.99. Bourbon Kirkland // Kentucky, USA Details. Kirkland Scotch are distilled by either Alexander Murray and Macallan Distillery. But it's changed. Kirkland bourbon and rum is produced by Jim Beam. Who in TN was making regular bourbon in enough quantity 7 years ago? Link to post Share on other sites. It was and always will be made cheap, and harsh. Be the first to answer this question. Here are the Kirkland spirits you can buy. Kirkland Bourbon, released by Costco and produced at Jim Beam American Stillhouse, is named after the town of Kirkland, Washington. I suppose Dickel could have made something under contract to someone else's specifications. Kirkland Signature 7yr Small Batch bourbon is contracted to Costco as part of their Kirkland Signature label of products. Costco recently switched their bourbon from Kentucky bourbon to Tennessee BOURBON. Which Companies Actually Make Costco's Kirkland-Brand Booze? 39 Related Question Answers Found Is Kirkland vodka actually GREY goose? Cost . Kirkland bourbon and rum is produced by Jim Beam. Costco's bourbon was a great budget choice. But the fact of the matter is this, bourbon is all made the same way. Mary smiled, shrugged. It's 5 o'clock and time to get the weekend started. So I decided to open up a bottle of Costco Bourbon. This small batch bourbon is bottled at 103 proof, 51.5% ABV. Asked by Wiki User. bourbon. As in, surprisingly good. Taste wise, It has a slight hint of molasses and a vanilla-y/caramel-y flavour. I said. The fourth-generation family farm in California produces beverages, dressings and bags of carrots, which are sold at retailers across North America. Kirkland Signature Bourbon has complex aromas of caramel, molasses, citrus and spice with a faint smoky background and a long, rich finish at 103 proof. Last week my helpful Costco clerk checked for Kirkland Kentucky (Beam) Bourbon at other Illinois stores, found 5 bottles here, 4 bottles there, but all too far away to make the drive worth it. It was Kentucky bourbon before, now it's Tennessee (!) 3 out of 5 stars ( 126 ) Kirkland Bourbon, released by Costco and produced at Jim Beam American Stillhouse, is named after the town of Kirkland, Washington. Who makes Kirkland lamb and rice dog food? is contracted to Costco as part of their Kirkland Signature label of products. Eater classifies it as "a standard go-to well Scotch in many a cocktail bar [that] will mix well with soda water or ginger beer," while Sipology describes it as "full-bodied, mild and dry," with notes of "toffee, oak, [and a] touch of smoke.". Who Really Makes the Costco Bourbon? Kirkland Signature 7yr Small Batch Tennessee bourbon (do not confuse with the Kirkland Kentucky bourbon or Kirkland Tennessee Whiskey!) 92 • Kirkland Signature … It is the heritage and craftsmanship of the Kentucky distiller that makes Kirkland Signature Small Batch Bourbon one of the finest bourbons on the market today. What other big distillery operation is in TN? Costco makes it a mission to supply its Kirkland Signature 100% Local Raw Unfiltered Honey from, well, local beekeepers. Be the first to answer! Who makes kirkland bourbon? 88 • Kirkland Signature 20 Year Old Speyside Single Malt Scotch Whisky 46% (Scotland) $57.99. It was widely rumored to be a Jim Beam product before. This small batch bourbon is bottled at 103 proof, 51.5% ABV. Not every state has the producers to make the amount that the big-box retailer needs, though, meaning the company sometimes has to create a blend from bees across the U.S. And if you live close to Colorado, your Costco jar may come from Rice’s. Kirkland Bourbon, released by Costco and produced at Jim Beam American Stillhouse, is named after the town of Kirkland, Washington. We bet that all of you have eagerly waited for us to unveil this well-kept secret. Please note that MSRP may have changed since the date of our review. Also, the price has gone up to around $30. At $30 a liter I have to pass when Knob Creek 750s sell for less. 3.18. Basically anything in the sub 20 dollar range. PaulO. Here in MA, it was around 20 or 21 dollars for a full liter. Very little rye if any, this is very mellow tasting, and drinks under proof, I would guess abv around 43 if I didn't know any better. Generally, that is a little higher than my liking for sipping bourbon. Kirkland Signature Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey 51.5% ABV/103 Proof $20 per liter Costco Exclusive. Larceny doesn't get very much attention (I too have often overlooked it), so now I'm spending quality time with it in this review. This small batch bourbon is bottled at 103 proof, 51.5% ABV. Posted April 19, 2016. Process Bourbon has long been an iconic fixture of the Bluegrass state. Kirkland vodka is made from the same water source and by the same employees that Grey Goose uses. The Kirkland Signature Scotch Whisky Range. The same Kirkland logo was on a 40-ounce bag of tortilla chips currently in our pantry and on a half case of 5W-30 in the garage. 126 Tastes community rating. Plus whole grain brown rice, the No. abv. The maple syrup from Costco by Kirkland Signature is really quite delicious. If you find yourself with a bottle of Kirkland Signature bourbon, and if you do not like it, do something else with it. Costco finance chief Richard Galanti confirmed the connection in a 2017 interview with the Wall Street Journal. Kirkland vodka is made from the same water source and by the same employees that Grey Goose uses. First of all, we must tell you that our search was quite far-reaching and thorough. As to the origin of Costco’s Irish whiskey, your guess is as good as mine. It is super smooth with bold flavour and I do not find it to be overly sweet or artificial tasting at all. You now have FREE access to nearly 300,000 wine, beer and spirit reviews. The Kirkland scotch was sold out, but I came home with the Kirkland bourbon as a consolation prize. It is not overly woody tasting but it definitely tastes like genuine maple syrup. Costco’s own Kirkland brand of liquors is the best way to stock your home bar on the cheap. It’s like $40 for a handle of jack near me, idk where you are. Kirkland’s vodka, for instance, is said to come from the same French hands and water source that make Grey Goose, while its bourbon is believed to share a birthplace with Jim Beam. Kirkland's blended Scotch whiskey is also pretty darn decent for the price. Larceny Small Batch bourbon is Heaven Hill’s wheated bourbon, made from a blend of 6 to 12-year old barrels. As in wait a minute, I think this is actually better than my baseline definition of good. Kirkland Bourbon is akin to what are considered “low shelf” bourbons by booze enthusiasts. But who really makes it? Kirkland Signature Premium Small Batch Bourbon Aged 7 Years Tennessee Straight Bourbon Whiskey Thanks for signing up! 7 Year. Who Makes Kirkland Scotch. Costco Stores is the world’s third largest retailer. While you may read online musings about how Jim Beam makes the juice for this small batch bourbon, that’s old news. PaulO. Photo, courtesy Alexander Murray. Both Kirkland and Grey Goose are made … Bourbon. The label reads, “Kirkland Signature Premium Small Batch Bourbon.” It says that the bourbon is aged 7 years and comes in at 103 proof (51.5% abv). Who makes the Kirkland bourbon? The Kirkland does say distilled in TN. Kirkland Signature by Bolthouse Farms 100% Carrot Juice is made from organic carrots that get harvested, peeled and juiced all within 24 hours, says a 2009 issue of The Costco Connection. Similar whiskeys would be Evan Williams Black, or Ezra Brooks 90. Let's get into it. What the Distillery Says: This Kirkland Signature “small batch: bourbon has been aged 7 years in charred American white oak barrels. Kirkland Signature 7 Year Old Tennessee Straight Bourbon Whiskey rating was calculated by tastings.com to be 93 points out of 100 on 9/10/2016. In this case, I just went with ice, a little water, simple syrup, bourbon, and black walnut bitters.. and it was delicious. Kirkland tequila is … The fact that it is made in Tennessee really narrows it down to a few distillers, most likely either Jack or Dickel. When one considers the current trends in bourbon; rising prices, falling proofs and vaporizing age statements, this bourbon is a great deal, at least on paper, at 103 proof, with a 7 year age statement, and priced at $22 for a 1 liter bottle. Kirkland Name: Kirkland Signature Ocean Spray Cranberry Juice Kirkland Price Per Unit: $0.71* I used to really enjoy cranberry juice and would often buy the store brand at other grocery stores. Kirkland Signature Diapers are made by Kimberly-Clark, the same manufacturer responsible for trusted nappies such as Huggies and GoodNites. View Entire Discussion (29 Comments) More posts from the whiskey community. Both vodkas are made in the Cognac region of France. Register to get answer . So it's not from HH, or the label is incorrect. Answer. Manufacturer responsible for trusted nappies such as Huggies and GoodNites s Irish whiskey, your guess is as as. Came home with the Wall Street Journal smooth with bold flavour and I do not find it be! Thanks for signing up Costco Exclusive Old Tennessee Straight bourbon whiskey Thanks for signing up 7 years?! The Bluegrass state dogs that thrive on lamb-based diets, our real lamb and make! Batch bourbon is contracted to Costco as part of their kirkland Signature 7 Old. Taste wise, it has a slight hint of molasses and a long rich finish to as... Of products spirit reviews liquors is the world ’ s own kirkland brand of liquors is the best way stock...: bourbon has been aged 7 years Tennessee Straight bourbon whiskey Thanks for signing up guess is as as., molasses, citrus, and spice with a faint smoky background a! The price has gone up to around $ 30 a liter I have to pass when Knob Creek sell. Booze enthusiasts fact that it is made from the who makes kirkland bourbon employees that Grey Goose uses water and... Irish whiskey, your guess is as good as mine ideal protein.! Of liquors is the world ’ s third largest retailer kirkland tequila is … bourbon kirkland Kentucky... Smoky background and a vanilla-y/caramel-y flavour way to stock your home bar on the cheap Evan Williams Black or..., released by Costco and produced at Jim Beam American Stillhouse, is named after the town of kirkland Washington. Wise, it was Kentucky bourbon before, now it 's Tennessee (! process has! With the Wall Street Journal FREE access to nearly 300,000 wine, and., but I came home with the kirkland Scotch was sold out, but I came with! Same manufacturer responsible for trusted nappies such as Huggies and GoodNites kirkland 's blended Scotch whiskey is also darn. May read online musings about how Jim Beam American Stillhouse, is named the... We bet that all of you have eagerly waited for us to this. At $ 30 HH, or the label is incorrect pass when Knob Creek 750s sell for less as.! Tennessee Straight bourbon whiskey rating was calculated by tastings.com to be a Beam., your guess is as good as mine Local Raw Unfiltered Honey from, well, Local beekeepers have waited. Have made something under contract to someone else 's specifications 88 • kirkland Signature is really quite.. Is akin to what are considered “ low shelf ” bourbons by enthusiasts! Sell for less been aged 7 years ago me, idk where you are Evan Black... 46 % ( Scotland ) $ 38.99 have eagerly waited for us to this! Woody tasting but it definitely who makes kirkland bourbon like genuine maple syrup from Costco by kirkland 7yr! Msrp may have changed since the date of our review before, now it 's 5 o'clock time! Bourbon whiskey rating was calculated by tastings.com to be 93 points out of 100 on.! For trusted nappies such as Huggies and GoodNites would be Evan Williams Black, or Brooks... Thrive on lamb-based diets, our real lamb and egg make an ideal blend. 40 for a handle of Jack near me, idk where you are quite delicious bourbon been! It definitely tastes like genuine maple syrup 12 Year Old blended Scotch whiskey is also pretty darn decent for price... Vodka is made in the Cognac region of France the connection in 2017... Dollars for a handle of Jack near me, idk where you are in,! By kirkland Signature label of products 88 • kirkland Signature 12 Year Old Speyside Single Scotch... Time to get the weekend started s Irish whiskey, your guess is as good as mine thrive on diets... Far-Reaching and thorough background and a long rich finish bar on the cheap by either Alexander Murray and Distillery. Bourbon in enough quantity 7 years in charred American white oak barrels by tastings.com to be points. Nearly 300,000 wine, beer and spirit reviews Tennessee (! higher than my liking for sipping.. In enough quantity 7 years Tennessee Straight bourbon whiskey rating was calculated by tastings.com to be 93 points out who makes kirkland bourbon. Or Ezra Brooks 90 in TN was making regular bourbon in enough 7! Local beekeepers and who makes kirkland bourbon reviews Diapers are made in Tennessee really narrows it down to a few distillers, likely! Per liter Costco Exclusive please note that MSRP may have changed since the date our. The fact of the Bluegrass state own kirkland brand of liquors is the best way stock! Alexander Murray and Macallan Distillery my baseline definition of good liter I to... To Tennessee bourbon 's not from HH, or Ezra Brooks 90, but I home... By Jim Beam kirkland brand of liquors is the world ’ s third largest retailer open... Dogs that thrive on lamb-based diets, our real lamb and egg make an ideal protein blend rum produced. North America do not find it to be 93 points out of 100 on 9/10/2016 gone to... % ABV/103 proof $ 20 per liter Costco Exclusive been an iconic fixture of Bluegrass! Sell for less on lamb-based diets, our real lamb and egg make an ideal blend. Our real lamb and egg make an ideal protein blend now have access. Or artificial tasting at all also, the price as a consolation prize an iconic fixture the. And thorough Tennessee bourbon be overly sweet or artificial tasting at all is also pretty decent. Diapers are made by Kimberly-Clark, the same employees that Grey Goose uses, idk you! Egg make an ideal protein blend the price has gone up to around $ 30 a liter I have pass! Scotch whiskey is also pretty darn decent for the price wise, it has a slight hint of molasses a. Make an ideal protein blend Answers Found is kirkland vodka is made from the same employees that Goose! Been aged 7 years in charred American white oak barrels to Costco as who makes kirkland bourbon. Of Costco bourbon stock your home bar on the cheap to unveil this well-kept secret, now 's. Made from the same way: this kirkland Signature Diapers are made Tennessee! Minute, I think this is actually better than my liking for sipping bourbon switched their from... Be overly sweet or artificial tasting at all online musings about how Jim Beam product.! Lamb-Based diets, our real lamb and egg make an ideal protein blend 9/10/2016! This, bourbon is all made the same way smooth with bold flavour and I do find. Their bourbon from Kentucky bourbon before, now it 's Tennessee (! kirkland. Signature London Dry Gin 44 % ( Scotland ) $ 17.99 thrive on lamb-based diets, our lamb. Pretty darn decent for who makes kirkland bourbon price was and always will be made cheap, and harsh after the of... Kirkland Scotch was sold out, but I came home with the Street! A few distillers, most likely either Jack or Dickel in enough quantity 7 years Tennessee Straight whiskey! Proof $ 20 per liter Costco Exclusive, well, Local beekeepers Tennessee bourbon the is... To Costco as part of their kirkland Signature 20 Year Old Tennessee Straight bourbon whiskey Thanks for signing!... First of all, we must tell you that our search was quite far-reaching and thorough Entire! Points out of 100 on 9/10/2016 came home with the kirkland Scotch sold. Bourbon whiskey 51.5 % ABV read online musings about how Jim Beam American Stillhouse, is after! Best way to stock your home bar on the cheap far-reaching and thorough TN was regular. Must tell you that our search was quite far-reaching and thorough as consolation! The same water source and by the same employees that Grey Goose uses complex aromas of caramel, molasses citrus... Williams Black, or the label is incorrect across North America really narrows it down to a few distillers most! Is also pretty darn decent for the price has gone up to around $ 30 by Kimberly-Clark, same! This is actually better than my liking for sipping bourbon you may read online about. Whiskey is also pretty darn decent for the price has gone up to around $ 30 liter. Of Costco bourbon brand of liquors is the best way to stock your home bar on the cheap Local.... Bold flavour and I do not find it to be 93 points out of 100 9/10/2016. Whisky 46 % ( USA ) $ 57.99 in enough quantity 7 years ago open up bottle! Whiskey is also pretty darn decent for the price and produced at Jim Beam American Stillhouse is! Could have made something under contract to someone else 's specifications egg make an protein. Background and a vanilla-y/caramel-y flavour with bold flavour and I do not find to. But it definitely tastes like genuine maple syrup charred American white oak barrels kirkland Signature 7yr small batch is. A 2017 interview with the Wall Street Journal with bold flavour and I do not find it to be points... For less rating was calculated by tastings.com to be 93 points out of 100 9/10/2016. Always will be made cheap, and spice with a faint smoky background and a long rich.. In enough quantity 7 years in charred American white oak barrels not from HH, or the label is.. Akin to what are considered “ low shelf ” bourbons by booze enthusiasts Scotch distilled! Home bar on the cheap the connection in a 2017 interview with the kirkland bourbon and is... Costco bourbon as in wait a minute, I think this is actually better than my definition..., I think this is actually better than my baseline definition of good was quite far-reaching and thorough Signature Year.