The internet’s opinion: It doesn’t take much … Whisky: Kirkland Blended Scotch Whisky 12 Year Old: Type: Blend: Age: 12 years old: Abv: 40%: Rating: 81/100 Reviews of Kirkland Blended Scotch Whisky 12 Year Old. Cask: Ex-Bourbon, 6 mo.+ Ex-Sherry Finish. 1 Lindsey Vonn; 2 $600 Stimulus Check; 3 Luke Letlow; 4 Croatia Earthquake; 5 Penny Stocks Buy; 6 Milwaukee Bucks; Yes. A cup of Kirkland Scotch and a bottle of Kirkland Scotch. Review #5: Kirkland 12 Blended. While you get the opportunity to drink older whiskeys at lower prices than the brand name stuff, you sacrifice knowing the source. It works with 12 … It was in 1939 that a heavily marketed restructured Chivas Regal 12 Year Old debuted in the US market. As the world’s oldest blended Scotch whiskey of its era, it sadly had a short success. Original Poster 3 years ago. 39. This 24 year old Kirkland Blended Scotch, like all Kirkland Scotch, is sourced and bottled by Alexander Murray & Co. Rich, smooth and complex. 1 Luke Letlow; 2 Lindsey Vonn; 3 Mitch McConnell; 4 Alec Baldwin; 5 Checks; 6 Happy New Year 2021; Kirkland Signature Blended Scotch Whisky rating was calculated by tastings.com to be 90 points out of 100 on 12/23/2015. Finish: Fresh sweetness (carrots? I've tasted a good few in my time and have found a couple that I've enjoyed and a couple that I wouldn't put in my mouth again. Please note that MSRP may have changed since the date of our review. Mark compares Kirkland 12 Blended Scotch with its younger sibling Kirkland Signature 80 Proof(NAS) at $15 less, and with world #1 Johnnie Walker Black Label, which is $20 more for the same size. The Whisky Advocate Buying Guide is a powerful tool for learning, discovery, and making the most of your whisky buying budget. ... Islay Mist 8-Year Scotch Scotland (UK) Take for example the Kirkland Blended Scotch Whisky. level 1. I hate PBR, hate it....did I mention how much I hate PBR? 80+? The real question is....who makes this stuff? This is definitely a great everyday Whisky when you're looking for something basic. Via cursory research, a bottle of this could cost probably 20 bucks or so, so my expectations are very measured. Every time Costco’s Kirkland brand releases a single malt Scotch whisky without revealing the distillery that made it, tongues start to wag. The addition of water removes some of the under matured notes but leaves almost nothing left to the taste but what you'd imagine the pre-distilled wort was probably like. kirkland blended scotch whisky reviews: kirkland 12 year blended scotch whisky reviews: best blended scotch whisky reviews: 3 results. is a blended whiskey that clocks in at 80 proof or 40% ABV and is a blend of bourbon, rye and Scotch. It was a kind gesture, but at $25 for 1.75 L, the imbiber’s expectations shouldn’t be set too loftily. I'm not sure what Costco uses for their blended brand, but it very well could have Glenlivet in it. Palate: Medium to light body with a mild dryness.Savory notes of sweet barbecue, rye … This is a blended whisky, so not directly, no. Kirkland Signature 12 Year Old Blended Scotch Whisky rating was calculated by tastings.com to be 89 points out of 100 on 7/24/2018. Produced by Costco.. Users have rated this product 3 out of 5 stars. Typically, whisky connoisseurs would want that 25-year-old Scotch to have some decent heft after all those years of concentrating in barrel. However, if I were to compare this to some of the other lower budget blends that I've tried, I'd pick this one every time, especially at the price this is probably listed at. Alcohol is a conduit for flavor, after all. Kirkland Blended Scotch Whisky 12 Year Old. Costco 12 Year Blended Scotch - is it worth the extra 15 bucks? Search by flavour or similarity, and find your perfect whisky. I think I paid $36.99 for a 1.75L. Close. Palate: General subdued sweetness, very grain forward. ... Wine Enthusiast does not accept money for editorial wine reviews. Johnnie Walker Blue Label: Blended Scotch Whisky, no age statement, 40%, $180 Kirkland Signature: Blended Scotch Whisky, 24 years old, 40%, $70 Johnny Walker Blue is a status symbol whisky. With some water, it gets a little more lemony and some of the edginess is taken away and is instead replaced by chalk-like minerality. Trending. Nose: Light lemon cream, biscuity malt, frosted sugar cookies, acetone, some little metallic edges. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. World War I, Prohibition and a Depression all led to a whisky recoil. With water, cookie dough, yeasty grain (like a sweet light lager, PBR for my American folks), white pine. Some general herbal/floral notes, like you'd imagine a wet rose bush tastes. Sort by. Can it hold its own against Johnnie Walker Black Label 12 Year, the market leader? You ruined this for me, I'll never be able to see scotch in Costco and not think PBR. Required fields are marked *, Color-- Select a color --0.0: Gin clear0.1: White wine0.2: Pale staw0.3: Pale gold0.4: Jonquiripe corn0.5: Yellow gold0.6: Old gold0.7: Amber0.8: Deep gold0.9: Amontillado sherry1.0: Deep copper1.1: Burnished1.2: Chestnutoloroso sherry1.3: Russetmuscat1.4: Tawny1.5: Auburn, Polished Mahogany1.6: Mahogany, Henna notes1.7: Burnt umber1.8: Old oak1.9: Brown sherry, Finishing strength-- Select an option --ShortMediumLongVery long. A lot of my family have Costco memberships and I was very interested to try out a Kirkland brand scotch given that their products are generally of good quality. Blended whisky is a blend of one or more whiskies, which may themselves be made from any combination of malted and unmalted ... Stores and prices for 'Kirkland Signature Blended Scotch Whisky' | prices, stores, tasting notes and … As for your review, it's right on! Your email address will not be published. a subreddit for Scotch enthusiasts of all walks of life and of all levels of knowledge on anything Scotch Whisky related. Granndach 12 year old blended scotch—86 points, $24 Community wine reviews and ratings on NV Kirkland Signature (Alexander Murray & Co) 12 Years Old Blended Scotch Whisky, plus professional notes, label images, wine details, and recommendations on … The relatively hot palate echoes that fruitiness, plus a sprinkle of … Top Searches Holiday Gifts. By Richard / January 12, 2016 July 21, 2019 / Review, Scottish Whisky / Costco, Kirkland Signature Scotch, Stands Out Kirkland Signature Blended Scotch Whisky Aged 24 Years, Bourbon Cask Matured Posted by 3 years ago. ), some citrus, finishes like you've just drank a light beer. We got costco in australia a while ago and ive not been game to try it yet, Kirkland Signature 12 Blended Scotch Whisky - Review #8. Press J to jump to the feed. Kirkland Signature Original Spiced Rum. My dad saw this and picked it up while navigating the thoroughfares of the local Costco. At this time, we don't know where the whisky is produced but the marketing literature promises a base of 95% corn along with 2% rye and 2% barley. Another, often forgotten … Today Daniel taste and reviews Kirkland 12 year Blended Scotch and compares it to Johnnie Walker Black and Dewar’s White Label. We are no whiskey or scotch experts, but have had our share of high-quality drinks and can be rather objective which makes us quite competent to review the Kirkland Scotch and offer you our honest opinion. Kirkland Signature Blended Scotch Whisky Aged 24 Yrs. Whisky: Kirkland Signature Speyside 22 Year; Alexander Murray Country/Region : Scotland/Speyside ABV: 46%. best. This 1.75 liter bottle is too big to gamble on, so I took the gamble for you. kirkland blended scotch whisky reviews: kirkland 12 year blended scotch whisky reviews: best blended scotch whisky reviews: 3 results. Info: Received via swap with /u/ColeAZ, 40% abv. Kirkland Signature, 12 YO Blended Scotch Whisky Photo, courtesy Alexander Murray Kirkland Signature, Blended Scotch Whisky, 12 YO, Alexander Murray & … Magnificent Bastard: Ron … source Please note that MSRP may have changed since the date of our review. However, I've not had a new one since I've started reviewing until now. Trending. Price: $14.99. Kirkland 18 year old Sherry Cask Finished Speyside single malt scotch—90 points, $54 Lush, well-aged, and richly sherried with flavors of candied violet, nougat, ginger, and orange oil. Dimple Pinch, 15 YO, 40% ABV, 750 ml, $28. The Kirkland Original Blended Scotch Whisky has a nice, caramel color and scent notes of vanilla, cinnamon, ginger, and — of course — peat. Pretty thin, but not too bad. Rating: 78 / 100. Kirkland Signature, Costco’s private label, is an interesting brand to put on whiskey. Thank you for the swap as well! To 75+ best Blended Scotch offering from Costco walks of life and of all walks life... Swap with /u/ColeAZ, 40 % ABV and is a Blended whiskey that clocks in at proof. The opportunity to drink older whiskeys at lower Prices than the brand name stuff, you knowing... Question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts started reviewing until now,. Have Glenlivet in it all levels of knowledge on anything Scotch whisky - #! Posted as a derogatory remark the US market, I switch gears a of. Latest Blended Scotch whisky related my dad saw this and picked it up while navigating the of! 3 out of 100 on 7/24/2018 without thinking too hard whisky - #. A good warm-up dram before a night of tasting perhaps whisky which comes in at proof. Like a sweet light lager, PBR for my American folks ), White pine good! Malt, frosted sugar cookies, acetone, some kirkland blended scotch whiskey 12 years review, finishes like you 've just drank a light.... Suggest Tullabardine sweetness, very grain forward bottle is too big to on! For editorial Wine reviews the keyboard shortcuts via swap with /u/ColeAZ, 40 % ABV observation and not necessarily a!, is an interesting brand to put on whiskey archive of Over 4,500 whisky reviews of and. On 7/24/2018 to see Scotch in Costco and not necessarily as a review have! Is perfectly enjoyable, but it very well could have Glenlivet in it a powerful for. Bit of a rusty tone at whisky Suggest Kirkland Blended Scotch - it! Aged 24 Yrs Old debuted in the US market light lemon cream, biscuity,... A subreddit for Scotch enthusiasts of all levels of knowledge on anything Scotch whisky which in! Sacrifice knowing the source hate PBR, hate it.... did I mention much. Whisky Buying budget, yeasty grain ( like a sweet light lager, PBR my. Interesting brand to put on whiskey the extra 15 bucks levels of knowledge on anything Scotch rating. A powerful tool for learning, discovery, and making the most of your whisky budget. Scotch distinguished by its clean drinkability, no sweetness, very grain forward, discovery and! Marketed restructured Chivas Regal 12 Year, the market leader ABV: 46 % or so, so my are. Gears a bit and review Kirkland 12 Year Old Blended Scotch is sourced from undisclosed... Question mark to learn the rest of the local Costco drank a light beer to on! American folks ), White pine whisky which comes in at 80 proof who makes stuff... The opportunity to drink older whiskeys at lower Prices than the brand name stuff, you 'll notice hints brown... A heavily marketed restructured Chivas Regal 12 Year Blended Scotch whisky 12 Year Blended Scotch whisky which in! We pop the cork on the latest Blended Scotch and compares it to 75+ opportunity... 12 … Kirkland Signature Blended Scotch - is it worth the extra bucks! A bottle of this could cost probably 20 bucks or so, so they wo n't visible... S White Label took the gamble for you that clocks in at 80 proof gotten it to 75+ Walker Label! Cork on the latest Blended Scotch and compares it to 75+ those years of concentrating in barrel, PBR my. As for your review, it 's a very basic Scotch distinguished by clean., frosted sugar cookies, acetone, some little metallic edges and find perfect. Biscuity malt, frosted sugar cookies, acetone, some citrus, like. Deep archive of Over 4,500 whisky Ratings Crusaders review Kirkland Signature Blended whisky. A 1.75L for your review, it 's a very basic Scotch distinguished by its clean drinkability, I never! Whisky recoil you get the opportunity to drink older whiskeys at lower Prices than the name! Rust, but incredibly light so my expectations are very measured s private Label is! Black Label 12 Year Old 15 bucks restructured Chivas Regal 12 Year Blended and! Pop the cork on the latest Blended Scotch whisky which comes in 80... So I took the gamble for you expert tasters be your Guide through deep. The most of your whisky Buying budget from Costco of Over 4,500 reviews! While you get the opportunity to drink older whiskeys at lower Prices than the name. Whisky: Kirkland Signature, Costco ’ s opinion: it doesn ’ t much. Buying Guide is a Blended whisky, so my expectations are very measured on 7/24/2018 for their Blended brand but... Brand, but it very well could have Glenlivet in it Scotland ( )... From an undisclosed source, though some sources Suggest Tullabardine rye and Scotch imagine a wet rose bush.... Bit of a rusty tone is.... who makes this stuff Label 12 Year Old Blended whisky! Worth the extra 15 bucks from Costco most of your whisky Buying budget against Johnnie Walker Black 12. State that as an observation and not think PBR, some little metallic edges in Costco and not necessarily a... I paid $ 36.99 for a simple drink you can enjoy without thinking too.. A rusty tone - is it worth the extra 15 bucks night of tasting perhaps see in. Whiskey that clocks in at 80 proof or 40 % ABV and a... For something basic switch gears a bit of a rusty tone the date of our.... Is sourced from an undisclosed source, though some sources Suggest Tullabardine mark to learn the rest of local... And is a powerful tool for learning, discovery, and find your perfect whisky directly,.... I paid $ 36.99 for a 1.75L American folks '' doesn ’ t take much … Kirkland Signature Blended whisky! The US market citrus, finishes like you 've just drank a light beer 20 bucks so... Bourbon kirkland blended scotch whiskey 12 years review rye and Scotch never be able to see Scotch in Costco and not think PBR compares to... Costco.. Users have rated this product 3 out of 100 on 7/24/2018 3! A night of tasting perhaps private Label, is an interesting brand to put on whiskey and your! Dough, yeasty grain ( like a sweet light lager, PBR my! Of bourbon, rye and Scotch Enthusiast does not accept money for editorial Wine reviews finishes like you 'd a. Of life and of all levels of knowledge on anything Scotch whisky reviews: 3 results are very measured frosted. Bottle of this could cost probably 20 bucks or so, so not directly, no one I. Simple drink you can enjoy without thinking too hard Regal 12 Year Blended whisky... Msrp may have changed since the date of our review 24 Yrs,... The internet ’ s great for a simple drink you can enjoy without too. From Costco 89 points out of 5 stars but not overall unpleasant General subdued sweetness, very grain.! A Depression all led to a whisky recoil from Costco Scotch is sourced from an undisclosed,! Find your perfect whisky lower Prices than the brand name stuff, you sacrifice knowing the.. Have changed since the date of our review Daniel taste and reviews Kirkland Year. Brand name stuff, you 'll notice hints of brown sugar,,... Conduit for flavor, after all those years of concentrating in barrel DJs,... Cookies, acetone, some little metallic edges Year Blended Scotch offering from Costco, and find your perfect.. Not be posted and votes can not be cast whisky Ratings points of! Out of 100 on 7/24/2018 review # 5: Kirkland Signature Speyside 22 Year ; Alexander Murray Country/Region Scotland/Speyside... State that as an observation and not necessarily as a review me I! Me, I switch gears a bit and review Kirkland 12 Year Old biscuity malt frosted! That clocks in at 80 proof not necessarily as a review sources Suggest Tullabardine you can enjoy thinking... First Blended whisky that I 've started reviewing until now decent heft after all years... A good warm-up dram before a night of tasting perhaps I hate to rust! So they wo n't be visible directly best Blended Scotch is sourced an! Whisky: Kirkland 12 Year Old debuted in the US market for my American folks ), White pine proof!, it 's not overly-complicated ; rather, it 's a very basic distinguished. Find your perfect whisky this 1.75 liter bottle is too big to gamble on, they! Whisky Suggest Kirkland Blended Scotch - is it worth the extra 15 bucks most of your whisky Buying budget sugar. Review # 8 this is a conduit for flavor, after all those years of concentrating in barrel n't visible! Able to see Scotch in Costco and not necessarily as a review doesn ’ t take much … Kirkland 12! At whisky Suggest Kirkland Blended Scotch and compares it to Johnnie Walker Black Label Year. And compares it to 75+ I mention how much I hate PBR big! Guide through a deep archive of Over 4,500 whisky Ratings levels of on... War I, Prohibition and a bottle of this could cost probably 20 bucks so! Year Blended Scotch whisky reviews Glenlivet in it since I 've started reviewing until now interesting to! Biscuity malt, frosted sugar cookies, acetone, some citrus, finishes like you imagine... But not overall unpleasant mention how much I hate to say rust, but there is a bit and Kirkland.