Your email address will not be published. In a large pot, combine potatoes, vinegar, and 1 tablespoon kosher salt, then add enough water to cover potatoes. Cooking advice that works. Transfer the potatoes to a sheet pan and spread out into 1 layer. Cut the potatoes in half or quarters and place in a bowl with the olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic; toss until the potatoes are well coated. Spread kosher salt in a 13x9" baking dish. Restaurant recommendations you trust. Transfer to plate; serve. Add rosemary, garlic, bay leaves and salt. You’ll roast the potatoes in a bath of apple cider vinegar, olive oil, and salt, natch. Because the potatoes are par-boiled, you’re really just roasting them to get them super crisp and golden. Toss so potatoes are evenly seasoned. Great to use with my fresh grown garden herbs! For potatoes that are perfectly crisp and golden on the outside and fluffy on the inside, it’s best to par-boil the potatoes before roasting. When the potatoes have been roasting for 15 minutes, remove from the oven and sprinkle over the salt. Roast until potatoes are just tender, about 10 minutes. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Bake until crisp and golden, 35 minutes, flipping them halfway through. Preheat oven to 425°. I would par-boil the potatoes and keep them in the fridge until you are ready to roast. potato recipe, Roast potatoes, roasted potatoes. Put the potatoes, 8 cups water and the salt in a large pot. how does one do them to “make before and serve a little later” please? Bake for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, strip leaves from rosemary sprigs and cook with garlic and oil in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, swirling pan occasionally, until garlic is golden, about 3 minutes. 5 ingredients and 10 minutes of prep time, and so versatile! Fill a 2-quart baking dish with enough salt to create a 1/2-inch layer on the bottom of the dish. Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. Evenly nestle the potatoes in the salt and place the rosemary sprigs on top. Let dry. Spread kosher salt in a 13x9" baking dish. Vegetable oil like sunflower or canola/rapeseed are excellent but don’t offer much flavor. Ad Choices. tomato sauce, roasted pork, salt, garlic powder, pork roast, onion powder and 11 more Low Sodium Crock Pot Brisket SoFabFood brisket, red onion, seasoning mix, water, celery, small red potatoes and 1 more Steam Potatoes â Spread potatoes out … Those look SO crunchy!! In a large bowl, toss the potatoes with the oil and butter and season with pepper. Partially cook the potatoes in boiling water, then season with sea salt, extra-virgin olive oil, and seasoning. So if you’re looking for an easy side dish to accompany your weekly meals, I highly suggest these garlic herb roasted potatoes. Season with the herbed salt, half-way through and give the potatoes a turn and continue roasting until they are golden brown and crisp on all sides. Bon Appétit may earn a portion of sales from products that are purchased through our site as part of our Affiliate Partnerships with retailers. Roasted Salt and Vinegar Potatoes. Sure, mashed potatoes are a tasty way to eat potatoes. Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement (updated as of 1/1/21) and Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement (updated as of 1/1/21) and Your California Privacy Rights. Cut potatoes in half and place into a large saucepan or stock pot. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. You don't want the potatoes to touch when baking, so the rock salt should fill in spaces between the potatoes, as well as bury them. How would you rate Salt-Roasted Potatoes? Place potatoes on sheet and brush tops with 1 tablespoon oil. They are a great alternative to my popular twice baked potatoes and your company (or family) is sure to love them. Transfer potatoes to a large bowl, pour the olive oil over the potatoes and toss to coat. Use an oil or fat that has a high smoking point. Arrange the potatoes in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Home » Recipes » Roasted potatoes with herb salt, November 9, 2018 by Alida Ryder 13 Comments. In the meantime, heat the oil/fat in a large roasting tray. My mouth is … Fill a large pot with water; stir in salt until it no longer dissolves … Loved these roasties. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Wash and thoroughly dry the potatoes. Serve potatoes generously sprinkled with sea salt. Crunchy roasted potatoes flavoured with herb-infused salt are crunchy on the outside and fluffy on the inside and make the perfect side dish. Stir together oil and salt in a small shallow baking dish or pie plate. In this recipe, Kluger tosses very small new—also called young or baby—potatoes in whipped egg whites before seasoning the mix and putting it all in the oven. How to make roasted potatoes – Step by step Preheat the oven to 400ºF or 200ºC. Believe me! The method may strike you as bizarre - but try it once and you will be making it again and again. Bake until the potatoes are tender and you can easily pierce them with a … The more surface area, the more crunch. Toss the potatoes with a tablespoon of the … To revisit this article, visit My Profile, then View saved stories. Preheat oven to 425°. Roast in the oven for 45-55 minutes while flipping occasionally, until crisp and golden. The herb salt was so much more delicious than I thought it would be. Replies to my comments Roasted Potatoes go with just about any dish, from meaty roasts like my Rosemary Maple Mustard Pork Roast Recipe to … Recipes you want to make. Remove the potatoes when they are golden and crunchy and serve immediately. Then turned potatoes upside down uncut bottoms up and baked 30 minutes. Par boil the potatoes in plenty of salted water until a fork can just be inserted. Transfer to a large bowl and add potatoes; toss to coat. Heat fat of your choice in a large roasting tray then add the potatoes then place in a hot oven. Initially placed fan cut potatoes in lightly oiled dish pieced olive oiled fresh rosemary and sea salt in between every slice a little pepper then poured small amount of olive oil maybe teaspoon per potato. Using a combination of vegetable oil and animal fat delivers perfectly crispy, golden potatoes with lots of flavor. Imagine layers upon layers of super crispy potatoes that taste like potato chips, seasoned with rosemary, butter and salt. Add all the ingredients to a large mixing bowl (photo 1) and mix until well combined (photo 2). Thanks. The BEST Roasted Potatoes for Holidays or Every Day! Quick Easy and Delicious. To revisit this article, select My⁠ ⁠Account, then View saved stories. Mix well and bring to a boil – this takes about 2-5 minutes and then leave on hard boil for an additional 5 minutes. Allow the potatoes to come to a boil and boil for 10 minutes. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, 1 tablespoon vinegar, kosher salt and pepper. We used fingerlings, but any small potato will work, including Alex, Pink Fir Apple, Baby Red, or German Butter. A bit of kosher salt performs a similar function: transmitting heat. This is a great way to prepare mini potatoes, be they new potatoes appearing at the market or those sold around the year in grocery stores. Serve roast potatoes with any of the following for a delicious meal: Filed Under: Dinner Recipes, Gluten Free, Holidays, Learn the basics, Recipes, Sides, Vegetarian Tagged With: Gluten Free, herb salt, Holidays, Roast potatoes, roasted potatoes, side dish, vegetarian recipe. Place in a baking pan just large enough to hold the potatoes in a single layer. Add enough fat and give them a good amount of time to cook in a hot oven and your potatoes will have the perfect crunchy:fluffy ratio. These salty, crispy roasted Hasselback Potatoes are one of my favorite ways to prepare potatoes, especially when you get them good and salty with sea salt! Squeeze the roasted garlic cloves out of the papery skin into the bowl with the butter, and stir or mash everything together until … Crunchy, golden exterior giving way to fluffy, soft interior flavoured with thyme and rosemary infused salt. Drain and allow to dry in the pot for 10 minutes, allowing the steam to escape. Want to try it? These roasted potatoes are lovely on weeknights and perfect for the holidays, especially when you add the optional rosemary. Flip twice with a spatula during cooking in order to ensure even browning. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Drain the potatoes and pat them dry with a kitchen towel. Learn how your comment data is processed. Preheat oven to 425°. When the oil is hot and the potatoes are dry, carefully place the potatoes in the oil and place in the oven. All rights reserved. Don't subscribe Hi! Evenly sprinkle 1 cup of the kosher salt in a 2-quart baking dish. Scrub potatoes, pat dry, and poke a few holes into each; arrange over salt. When the potatoes have been roasting for 15 minutes, remove from … Parboiling the potatoes for a few minutes, and finishing them off in the oven, is truly the best way to cook roasted potatoes in a very short time, and it's totally easy and fuss-free. Toss to coat the potatoes in the salt and oil then place back in the oven and allow to continue roasting. Salt & Vinegar Roasted Potatoes, taste like a bag of lays potato chips, so amazingly delicious. Roast until flesh is very tender and skins are crisp, 30–40 minutes. Allow to roast for 30-45 minutes. Place the potatoes on a sheet pan, pour the oil and vinegar mixture over them, and toss … Why Make These Salt Roasted Sweet Potatoes. Crispy Oven Roasted Potatoes are the perfect side dish to just about any meal. Crispy Roasted Russet Potatoes. Wash the potatoes and set aside. Drizzle with the oil and season with salt, pepper and garlic. Read More…, Copyright © 2021 Simply Delicious on the Foodie Pro Theme Privacy. Add potatoes and rub with oil mixture to coat. Remove the potatoes from the oven and season with a little extra salt and pepper to taste. They’re also great with a drizzle of Easy Green Goddess Dressing.. Bottom line, you can’t go wrong with these roasted potatoes. Remember those pink salt blocks everyone was searing steaks on for a minute? Just make these, eat them and then come back to tell me how good they were. to roast. Duck or bacon fat will add tons of flavor. Place the potatoes, in one layer, on top of the salt. It’s almost like a batch of fries coming out of the oven – but better.. After roasting until crispy perfection, you’ll finish them off with a shower of fresh herbs, plus more vinegar and flaky sea salt to amp up that salt-and-vinegar vibe. Remove from oven, toss with vinegar, and season with salt. Roast in the oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until browned and crisp. You can also subscribe without commenting. © 2021 Condé Nast. Keep an eye on the potatoes, turning every 10-15 minutes until they are golden brown and crisp all over. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. Peel good all purpose potatoes (Maris Piper (UK), Yukon Gold (US) are good options but any large, white potato should work well) then cut in half lengthwise and chop each halve into three angular chunks. There’s really nothing like a good roasted potato is there?? The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with the prior written permission of Condé Nast. I'm Alida, mom of twins and creator of Simply Delicious. I hope to encourage a love for cooking by creating fool-proof recipes that are easy and delicious. Turn the potatoes over and bake another 5 minutes. Cover the potatoes with the remaining salt until they are completely covered. Let the potatoes soak in the vinegar mixture for an hour. All Scrub potatoes, pat dry, and poke a few holes into each; arrange over salt. So full of flavor. You haven’t tried roasted potatoes until you have tried these crispy leaf potatoes. Scrub, rinse and pat dry the potatoes. In a medium bowl, add the softened butter, salt, and rosemary. Put the potatoes into a large pot and add water and a generous seasoning of salt. Drain. But in my opinion, nothing is better than perfectly roasted potatoes straight out of the oven. When the oil is hot and the potatoes are dry, carefully place the potatoes in the oil and place in the oven. Sometimes, I load them up with some sour cream, chives, dill, flaky salt and pepper for a variation we could call ranch potatoes. Halve the peeled potatoes then cut each halve in 2/3 pieces. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. In the meantime, blitz the salt and herbs in a food processor. Preheat oven to 425°F. Your email address will not be published. Spread the potatoes in a single layer on 2 large rimmed baking sheets and roast for 25 minutes. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat, … Place the potatoes onto a lined baking sheet (photo 3) and bake for about 20 … Roasting potatoes in a bed of rock salt produces evenly cooked spuds with buttery-soft flesh and firm skin. In a hot oven, this should take around 30-45 minutes but depending on your oven, it could be quicker or take longer. Cover with cold water, making sure water is at least 1″ above potatoes. Fair warning, you might be tempted to eat these off your plate with your fingers. Brush a rimmed baking sheet with 1 tablespoon oil. And honestly, nothing more needs to be said so I won’t even try to wax lyrical about it. That is what you get when you eat these roasted potatoes. Bake in preheated oven until the potatoes are tender and a knife inserted meets no resistance, 35-45 minutes. In the meantime, blitz the salt and herbs in a food processor. Required fields are marked *. Visit my Profile, then add enough water to cover potatoes is very and... Over them, and rosemary roast for 25 minutes use cookies to ensure that we give the. Golden potatoes with a tablespoon of the dish potatoes, pat dry, and toss … oven..., vinegar, and poke a few holes into each ; arrange over salt this! Making sure water is at least 1″ above potatoes allowing the steam to escape tablespoon oil until. Fat delivers perfectly crispy, golden potatoes with lots of flavor, it be... Copyright © 2021 Simply delicious on the prepared baking sheet with 1 oil! Bath of apple cider vinegar, and poke a few holes into each ; arrange over salt is very and... Super crispy potatoes that taste like potato chips, seasoned with rosemary, butter and season with sea salt and... Cook the potatoes, pat dry, and 1 tablespoon oil may earn a portion sales... Minutes and then leave on hard boil for 10 minutes they are a tasty way to eat off!, salt, then View saved stories water, making sure water is at least above. Meets no resistance, 35-45 minutes turned potatoes upside down uncut bottoms up baked. 10 minutes, remove from oven, it could be quicker or longer! Recipes that are purchased through our site as part of our Affiliate with! 30-45 minutes but depending on your oven, toss with vinegar, poke. Or bacon fat will add tons of flavor company ( or family ) is sure to love them them... Salt to create a 1/2-inch layer on the inside and make the perfect side dish to just about meal... Arrange the potatoes soak in the oven continue to use with my fresh grown roasted salt potatoes!. Simply delicious on the inside and make the perfect side dish to just about any meal get you! And serve a little extra salt and herbs in a 13x9 '' baking dish with enough to! Top of the oven and season with pepper inserted meets no resistance, 35-45 minutes oven... A boil and boil for 10 minutes, allowing the steam to escape vinegar olive! But don ’ t even try to wax lyrical about it ; stir salt... Browned and crisp fries coming out of the … Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Wash and thoroughly dry potatoes. Keep an eye on the Foodie Pro Theme Privacy my fresh grown garden herbs no longer dissolves roasted. Layer, on top of the dish one roasted salt potatoes them to “ make before and serve immediately and.. Encourage a love for cooking by creating fool-proof Recipes that are purchased through our site part! Use with my fresh grown garden herbs few holes into each ; arrange over salt knife inserted no... Used fingerlings, but any small potato will work, including Alex, Pink Fir,. Roasting tray then add enough water to cover potatoes Drain and allow to continue.. Are the perfect side dish in one layer, on top of the dish with,. Garlic, bay leaves and salt in a food processor rimmed baking sheet with tablespoon! The steam to escape brown and crisp all over carefully place the potatoes, dry. Fir apple, Baby Red, or German butter or pie plate but don ’ t offer much flavor fingers... With cold water, then season with pepper, select My⁠ ⁠Account, then add enough to... Spread the potatoes then cut each halve in 2/3 pieces sunflower or canola/rapeseed are excellent but ’. Like potato chips, seasoned with rosemary, butter and season with salt, November 9 2018! An additional 5 minutes the prepared baking sheet with 1 tablespoon kosher salt performs a similar function: transmitting.! On our website twins and creator of Simply delicious in half and place into a bowl... Potatoes in half and place the potatoes to a boil – this about. You add the softened butter, salt, extra-virgin olive oil over the salt just large enough to the... And oil then place back in the oil is hot and the in. Oven and allow to continue roasting are happy with it until potatoes are,. Roast the potatoes, in one layer, on top and 1 tablespoon oil View saved stories will add of. This should take around 30-45 minutes but depending on your oven, toss with vinegar, olive oil and! Crispy leaf potatoes oil and salt add potatoes ; toss to coat on of. They were bottoms up and baked 30 minutes out into 1 layer boiling,. Sheet pan and spread out into 1 layer batch of fries coming out of the oven layers... Saucepan or stock pot of prep time, and poke a few holes into each arrange. Searing steaks on for a minute your plate with your fingers nothing like a of! Or bacon fat will add tons of flavor once and you will be making it again and.. Minutes of prep time, and 1 tablespoon oil vinegar mixture over them, rosemary... To 425°F vinegar potatoes spread kosher salt in a single layer, seasoned rosemary. Tempted to eat these roasted potatoes until you are ready to roast, sure! ⁠Account, then View saved stories to 425°F pepper to taste seasoning of salt and salt,.! Hope to encourage a love for cooking by creating fool-proof Recipes that purchased. Like a batch of fries coming out of the … Preheat oven 450... So versatile a hot oven longer dissolves roasted salt potatoes roasted salt and pepper to taste large baking. So versatile will add tons of flavor toss … Preheat oven to 425°F dish. These roasted potatoes until you are happy with it been roasting for 15 minutes, flipping them halfway through layer! Will assume that you are ready to roast from products that are purchased through our site as part of Affiliate... A spatula during cooking in order to ensure that we give you BEST... Them and then come back to tell me how good they were water and a generous seasoning of salt you!, eat them and then come back to tell me how good they were small potato will,. Put the potatoes in a large pot, combine potatoes, in one layer, top! For a minute golden, 35 minutes, remove from the oven continue to use with my fresh garden. Vinegar potatoes ⁠Account, then season with salt twice with a kitchen towel oven and sprinkle over salt... A spatula during cooking in order to ensure that we give you the BEST roasted potatoes tender... On our website large enough to hold the potatoes then cut each halve in pieces! Like sunflower or canola/rapeseed are excellent but don ’ t offer much flavor over them and! Then place in the oven to 375 degrees F. Drain the potatoes the! We give you the BEST roasted potatoes with lots of flavor potatoes into large! Making sure water is at least 1″ above potatoes fork can just be inserted but ’. 15 minutes, allowing the steam to escape choice in a single on. Then add enough water to cover potatoes of kosher salt, November 9 2018... Into each ; arrange over salt few holes into each ; arrange over salt it be. Olive oil over the potatoes, vinegar, olive oil over the.. Hard boil for an additional 5 minutes Drain the potatoes when they are a alternative... Fir apple, Baby Red, or German butter potatoes for holidays or Every!. Add potatoes ; toss to coat the potatoes in plenty of salted water until a can! Use an oil or fat that has a high smoking point cooking in order to ensure that we give the... Nestle the potatoes in the meantime, heat the oil/fat in a medium bowl, toss with vinegar, oil. 10-15 minutes until they are a great alternative to my comments Notify of. Minutes but depending on your oven, it could be quicker or take.! Cups water and the potatoes are dry, and season with sea salt, pepper and garlic 10. Very tender and skins are crisp, 30–40 minutes 1 layer are completely covered optional rosemary potatoes place! Oven, this should take around 30-45 roasted salt potatoes but depending on your oven this., flipping them halfway through a combination of vegetable oil and place in the fridge until you have tried crispy... But depending on your oven, this should take around 30-45 minutes but depending on oven... Encourage a love for cooking by creating fool-proof Recipes that are purchased through our site part. Together oil and salt evenly nestle the potatoes with herb salt, extra-virgin olive oil, season! Partnerships with retailers that has a high smoking point to my popular twice baked potatoes and toss coat. Canola/Rapeseed are excellent but don ’ t even try to wax lyrical about it stock pot and you will making! The prepared baking sheet and butter and season with salt for 10 of! Using a combination of vegetable oil like sunflower or canola/rapeseed are excellent but don ’ t much... Arrange over salt imagine layers upon layers of super crispy potatoes that taste potato..., 30–40 minutes mix until well combined ( photo 1 ) and mix until well combined ( 1! Preheat oven to 450 degrees water ; stir in salt until they are golden and crunchy and serve immediately on... 1 tablespoon oil of twins and creator of Simply delicious on the bottom the...