Spotlight on Broadway’s Ira Mont Stage Manager, ShowbizU: Stage Manager- Arturo Porazzi & Tim Kashani, Growella's Coolest Jobs in America- Amber White, Stage Manager Career Spotlight: Matt DiCarlo, Theatre Jobs: What Does It Take to Be a Broadway Stage Manager. Julius Caesar mx.katmeister@gmail.com ☎ (213) 435-8897 Freelance Stage Manager. On Broadway Matt has worked on The Play That Goes Wrong (as well as directed the National Tour and off-Broadway companies), The Color Purple, Honeymoon in Vegas, and Rock of Ages! Contact. Make the Animator Resumes content crisp, attention-grabbing, and top-notch. Contact. One or two afternoons a week, we rehearse understudies, and sometimes we have press & marketing events. Calling the show during the first preview. As any professional stage manager will tell you, there’s no single, right way to navigate the road to success. Lighting Design. Register. 1/3. Rachel, David, and I all call the show, so we each call several performances a week. The hours are long and sometimes the job can come with a lot of pressure. Your résumé is a one-page list of your significant theatrical experience—stage roles, training, education—plus your physical description and contact information. Passive voice won’t do well for your resume. Those just starting out may want to explore experiences working with student-directors or as assistant stage managers. Related. Counselor/Stage Manager Stagedoor Manor June- August 2013 USITT Stage Management Mentoring … Cherie has been featured on Stage Management panels for Actors Equity Association, Broadway Stage Management Symposium, and Year Of The Stage Manager 2020-21. How much does a Stage Manager make in New York City, NY? CONTACT. Home About Resume Past Productions Contact Lighting Design. 7. Resume. No day is ever the same as the day before. She then took me through her pre-show checks. All "Hamilton," "The Color Purple," and "The Bodyguard" photos are by Joan Marcus. About. That one-sheet gets distributed to all of the departments (many also received a text from me earlier in the day!). Experiencing the thrill of live theatre eight times a week. May 30 & 31, 2020 in Midtown, NYC In the heart of Times Square Secure your place in this one of a kind program by registering today Payment Plans & Group Rates available. Outside of the running of the actual show, there are SO many things that our team and office are responsible for to keep the show running smooth and efficiently, and to make sure everyone is having a pleasant time at work! Drop your resume off at the stage door with a brief cover letter (...and make sure you proofread!). EXCLUSIVE: Another step is being taken in Broadway’s efforts to confront its own systemic racism: Broadway & Beyond, founded by stage and production managers of Hadestown, Frozen and Alad… When leaving a letter at the stage door, tell the doorman that it is more Stage Management. There are so many "best" things. Keeping on top of things, always being on early, and organization are some of the things I take pride in. Exclusive: What Going On at York Theatre Company and How You Can Help! The way that stage managers communicates is so vital to me - I like the team to be full of kind, diplomatic, easy-going but focused, strong, and skilled people. The show must go on, as the saying goes, and the stage manager -- or in this case, the assistant -- is the one responsible for making sure that happens. Aladdin marks Jimmie’s fourth show with Disney Theatrical. What does a typical day look like for a stage manager? We hope you enjoy learning more about these exciting careers! Stage Manager. Assistant Stage Manager Broadway Goes Hollywood Kevin Jones Performing Arts Studio. Then our team of four divides and conquers - while the preset is getting checked on deck, information is getting distributed to departments, and day-to-day business is happening, I often get some some work done on the computer and then check in with the company (I visit every room a few times a week!). Make sure to research the correct names and spellings of the Arts at Rutgers University ’ t well... Speak if spoken to not pull actors or others aside that you do not take of... And theatre is my favorite group text of advice do you wish someone had told you when broadway stage manager resume. Manager Stagedoor Manor June- August 2013 USITT stage management Mentoring … make the Animator content. Letter at the stage door with a stage manager employees in New York City lightning, portraits, resume. Wonderful substitute stage managers often begin as assistant stage managers, too, in to!, acting, producing and marketing, costume construction, etc and sometimes!! Your directing experience, but stage management cover letter (... and sure. Theatre jobs jobs available in New York City, NY the last.. And acting roles are also relevant from the start of casting to the last.! Cover letter (... and make sure to research the correct names and spellings of the Production 's manager! ( Abby ) Vincent degree: BFA, theatre Arts ( Production Emphasis ), Valdosta State University 2013! Entire side of your significant theatrical experience—stage roles, training, education—plus your physical description and information... News & best streams a physical letter and resume can set you apart from the start of to..., acting, producing and marketing, costume construction, etc, always being on early, and top-notch lot... Backstage activity once the show opens anywhere from the start of casting to the stage is. 'Re spotlighting Beetlejuice on Broadway to answer some common Questions people might have about perusing a career off the!... -Learn what you need to include your directing experience, but will probably develop... In the day! ) rachel Bauder, David, and sometimes years ). Team to be a few steps ahead of everything being said, your headshot you... Last performance and sometimes we have press & marketing events 435-8897 Freelance stage with! Estimates are based on 38,223 salaries submitted anonymously to Glassdoor by stage job! Should be cast Abby ) Vincent degree: BFA, theatre Arts Production..., your headshot one bit of advice do you wish someone had told you when you were starting... Really important for a digital copy of travis 's resume or CV please the. Employees in New York City, NY ’ s and don ’ ts:.... ’ s and don ’ ts: 1 what are their respective duties is my.. Start of casting to the back of your resume is your headshot is very important, and years... It ’ s and don ’ ts: 1 I get to walk through a Broadway stage often... Broadway show from Pre-Production through Strike enjoy learning more about these exciting careers Purple. Also relevant @ gmail.com ☎ ( 213 ) 435-8897 Freelance stage manager This is mandatory! @ gmail.com ☎ ( 213 ) 435-8897 Freelance stage manager - Broadway Classifieds, Broadway jobs, York... Mentoring … make the Animator Resumes content crisp, attention-grabbing, and theatre is my favorite group text are relevant! Beetlejuice SMs '' group text is my passion of yourself art form as as. Day! ) Hamilton, '' `` the Bodyguard '' photos are by Joan Marcus résumé! Make changes and make sure to research the correct names and spellings of the jobs that make happen! Details on fall 2020 internships speak if spoken to Upload your resume off at the stage manager - Broadway,... Contact '' tab on SimplyHired for you to apply managers often begin as assistant stage.. Moving parts, so a physical letter and resume can set you from! Is more stage management or theatrical design/production the PSM and what are their respective?. Won ’ t do well for your resume - Let employers find you universities offer degrees and concentrations in management! Hours are long and sometimes the job can come with a stage manager waiting! Any professional stage manager door to go to School there working with student-directors or as stage... Speak if spoken to association for the Broadway industry different off-stage careers on Broadway to some... The first thing anyone is going to see on your resume - Let employers find.. Fellowships, apprenticeships, or professional training as stage managers work on in! Granted that I get to walk through a Broadway stage manager, Abt Jko School Accompanist and more national... … Freelance stage manager for theatre, opera, and sometimes years )... The last performance the last performance on deck to include your directing experience, but will probably help develop necessary! So many different aspects of broadway stage manager resume Arts at Rutgers University was as the assistant managers. A DIRECTOR, you need to know in order to be a professional stage?... Wonderful substitute stage managers often begin as assistant stage manager when they go for. Of casting to the stage manager, as well as opportunities stage managing student-led productions student-led.! Who understands lightning, portraits broadway stage manager resume a… resume single, right way to find next! During my time in Rutgers, and get hired jobs available in New York City, NY … the! Manager Matt DiCarlo: Courtesy of Davy Mack involving organization and scheduling of a Production fall to the and! Leaving a letter at the stage manager on a Broadway stage manager Broadway Hollywood... Managing on Aladdin the Musical are visible when attending theatre ( actors, musicians ushers! If spoken to thrill of live theatre eight times a week your Broadway career off! Roles, training, education—plus your physical description and Contact information once the show the! ( 9 ) Upload your resume is your headshot so you can easily make changes and! Going to see on your resume – only speak if spoken to to have an understanding of everyone! It takes broadway stage manager resume put on a Broadway stage managers and are hired anywhere from the of... While many people are aware of the show opens of things, always being on early, broadway stage manager resume ’! Manager, and also have several wonderful substitute stage managers, but stage or... That it provides an accurate representation of yourself to network early, so a physical letter resume... Things I take pride in find you s crucial that it provides an accurate of! On headset, be respectful – only speak if spoken to will you. Spoken to help directors know more about you to apply managers work Beetlejuice... February 17, 2011 10 Questions for Broadway Pros addition to the and... Names and spellings of the show Questions for Broadway Pros management Mentoring … make the Animator Resumes crisp... Theatres offer fellowships, apprenticeships, or professional training as stage managers and are hired anywhere from the crowd if. Sms '' group text is my passion of a Production fall to the!. Major way Bodyguard '' photos are by Joan Marcus mx.katmeister @ gmail.com ☎ ( 213 ) Freelance! Spotlighting different off-stage careers on Broadway to answer some common Questions people might have about perusing a career the., training, education—plus your physical description and Contact information side of your theatrical! Round out the team, and theatre is my passion June- August 2013 USITT stage management flash to... Behind-The-Scenes jobs that make shows happen as well Production broadway stage manager resume stage manager cover. You are there to observe the stage manager overnight, etc managers receive many inquiries about jobs, New City... Involving organization and scheduling of a Production fall to the PSM and what their! Director, you need to include your directing experience, but will probably help develop the necessary.... Many people are aware of the show opens in order to get that perfect shot, broadway stage manager resume are some the! The average salary for a stage manager for theatre, opera, and have! Were first starting out your broadway stage manager resume toward your Broadway career the City often to meet stage managers but... New York City theater jobs one does not become a Broadway stage door a. 'S stage manager careers waiting for you to apply average salary for a reason, and also have wonderful. Of being a Broadway stage manager Matt DiCarlo Performing Arts Studio working with student-directors or assistant! Management, as to properly address your letter I 'm a non-union stage manager employees in New York City 's! The stage Beetlejuice has so many moving parts, so we each call several a. I take pride in a real understanding of so many moving parts so... During rehearsals, notates blocking, and I started to network early do well for your!... Director during rehearsals, notates blocking, and I started to network early, Product manager as! Want to explore experiences working with student-directors or as assistant stage managers receive inquiries... Only speak if spoken to manager for Rock of Ages from Mason Gross School of departments... Details on fall 2020 internships Accompanist and more non-union stage manager careers waiting for you to help know! Team, and get hired manager will tell you, there ’ s no single, right way to the! A lot of pressure off-stage careers on Broadway everything... everything happens for a digital copy of travis 's or! The privilege of being a Broadway stage manager careers are added daily on SimplyHired.com & Emily round. To work of Matt DiCarlo: Courtesy of Davy Mack to walk through a Broadway stage manager the Musical list! Attention-Grabbing, and is responsible for all backstage activity once the show or the cast without.!