Hi Teresita, this recipe won’t work with tapioca flour unfortunately- it’s too gummy and they won’t turn out the same. Hiii!!! These were amazing!!!! Using coconut flour is a little tricky because it really soaks up the liquid so you want to use less coconut flour. Thanks for sharing the recipe! bag that is great to have with any meal or by itself as a snack. Thanks for sharing the recipe Kaylie! This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Sweet Potato Tortilla Nachos. Do you make the dough while the sweet potatoes are still hot or do you let them cool. I would love to know what I’m doing wrong! Hi Tina, maybe regular potatoes would work with less flour? Hi Carol unfortunately, cassava is the only flour (except regular wheat flour) that can be used in this recipe to get the same results. Awesome. Then comes the fun part: planning out what you want to fill them with! Absolutely scrumptious!! Most of the time, it would be the children’s only meal in the day and it was such a joy to work side-by-side making tortillas for their happy little faces. Add masa harina and salt, and stir until a dough forms and all masa harina is incorporated. Will certainly be making these again. Drain and transfer to a bowl. Two Ingredient Sweet Potato Tortillas | Paleo sweet potato ... (Julia Griffin) Tortilla Soup: Place all soup ingredients in the Instant Pot. Could you tell me if there is an alternative flour I can use? Remove from microwave, and let stand at room temperature until cool enough to touch, about 5 minutes. Hi Kayle is it a healthy recipe, but I had a problem with the dough. Try the chips with a fresh fruit salsa. This sweet potato Spanish tortilla based on the classic tortilla de patatas is baked in the oven instead of the stovetop. Could I make these with a different type of flour? Hi Carol, I made tortillas with coconut flour and I added some almond and rice flour as well. Hi! Method STEP 1 Item Not Available for Purchase. Plus, who doesn’t love getting a little flour on their hands once in awhile?…. My mom loves these! I’ll have to try this. Not sure but was very sticky, I add more flour and still didn’t work. Thank you for this recipe (: I just made/ate theses with a ground beef taco recipe. There really isn’t a good sub for cassava flour except regular wheat flour… maybe a gluten free flour blend? First of all, THANK YOU for your wonderful recipes. Honestly, these gluten-free sweet potato tortillas are reason enough to make tonight taco night. Sweet potato Spanish tortilla. I used about half coconut flour and half almond flour for the recipe (too lazy to run to the store for Cassava flour) and eyeballed for textures & consistency, then just a Gluten free flour blend for pressing them out. I am from France and I really really enjoy discovering and trying out your recipes ☺️ They are AMAZING! Once it starts to get difficult, transfer to a floured surface and keep combining using your hands. Thank you! , Best Ever 5 Minute Cassava Flour Tortillas. MyRecipes.com is part of the Allrecipes Food Group. Slice the sweet potatoes in half lengthwise and coat the flat sides lightly with olive oil. Bring a large pot of water to a boil over medium heat, and boil the sweet potatoes until tender, about … My sister made this recipe for you guys today and we had a lot of fun making burritos afterwards! They turned out great, made some smaller ones as well going to use those to make a burger for my beetroot blackbean burgers in stead of bread. My potato was a bit dry and I added a small amount of water to get a soft dough. Top with spinach, sweet potato, bell pepper, and sunflower kernels; gently press into the hummus. ... To assemble: Add about 1/4 cup of the vegetable mixture to the tortilla with 2 tablespoons of shredded cheese. LATE JULY Snacks Multigrain Sweet Potato Tortilla Chips, 5.5 oz. Regards from Chile!! I was really looking forward to serving it tonight. These look amazing! So easy and my 92yo mom (who is a very picky eater) went back for seconds. Make mashed sweet potato (cut sweet potato into cubes, steam in a saucepan with 1" water until soft, then drain and use). hey, i’m not from an english speaking country. You only need 3 ingredients to make the best sweet potato cassava tortillas … The texture was the closest to gluten tortillas that I’ve ever had, and the flavor was DELICIOUS! Not available for Purchase Pick Up in Store. Thank you so much for this awesome recipe! Today, I made dessert tortillas by spreading some almond butter on one of these tortillas, adding some apple slices, drizzling with molasses, and finishing off with a sprinkle of cinnamon. Thank you Suzanne! Place the sweet potatoes in a food processor and blend until smooth. Also will be trying them as a pizza base. These easy to make paleo tortillas are healthy, delicious, and easy for anyone to make! Would one of them work? Love the recipe! I make a delicious gluten free tortilla with almond flour, tapioca flour, mashed sweet potatoes and salt. This simply is NOT working. Great to hear Marci! For an easy supper that you can depend on, we picked out some of our tried-and-true favorites that have gotten us through even the busiest of days. In other words, very very allergy friendly! Two ingredient sweet potato paleo tortillas. With the mixer still at medium speed, add milk in intervals, pouring it steadily in 3-second additions … I loooooove a guilt-free tortilla. What I especially like is that the chips are not salty so that flavor really shines. *Turn dehydrator on to 145 and dehydrate appx 12 hours (check ….you want them to be crunchy) *In batches, put sweet potato “chips” into coffee maker and grind to a fine consistency. Idea- has anyone tried making this as a crust? Using Anthony’s Brand for the same result is very important! Used a white sweet potato and had to put in a little extra cassava to make it less sticky…but they grilled up beautifully for our salmon fajitas! My husband can’t have sweet potatoes. Do you know how long these will stay good for in the fridge or freezer? Hi Daynah, I haven’t tried that and I don’t cook with much chickpea flour, so I’m not really sure, but that might work okay! And thank you so much . Offers may be subject to change without notice. The Sweet Potato Tortilla Chips were a pleasant surprise. Can I use pumpkin instead of sweet potatoes? Add the chilli, beans, corn, tomatoes, and all the spices, stir well, cover and simmer for 5 min. Total win!! * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. *Lay sweet potatoes on dehydrator racks in a single layer. Hi Shelby, I store them in the fridge or freezer. Your recipes are brilliant! Sweet Potato Tortilla Chips. Best tortillas of all time. . Product Description. I can use hazelnut or coconut flours. Hi, I am Wondering if I Could Substitute Your cassava Flour with Chickpea Flour Instead? Roll up and place seam side down in the casserole dish. Hi Lindsay, what brand cassava flour did you use? Bake: Pour the enchilada sauce on top of the tortillas and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Measure out 1 cup of sweet potato mash and leave the rest for another recipe. This recipe makes … How do you store them if you don’t use them all? I’ve made the cauliflower tortillas before and loved them! Roll into balls. ✌ Thanks Kaylie for the great recipe! I’m planning on putting cashew butter and a mixed berry purée then rolling hem up and eating for breakfast. Do you think this recipe would work with another type of potato? Hi Keara, I would say the sweet potatoes get cooked for about 8-10 minutes… depending on how high the stove is set. Thanks!! Happy baking! 1/2 - 1 tbsp warm water, if needed. Perfect with TVP “meat”, avocado, and salsa. Gluten Free Dairy Free NON-GMO Kosher Do you add water while mixing the sweet pototoes? I make these regularly just as the recipe recommends, and they turn out great for me. Thank you for all these delicious recipes, I can’t wait to start making them. Roll into balls. STEP 2 Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until very tender, about 15 minutes. Add the sweet potato powder and keep stirring until the mixture is thickened. I was food sensitivity tested recently and told not to use anything not on the test. Can I use a different flour? what does 1″ water means? As I don’t think I’ll be able to find the one mentioned in the recipe. Place sweet potatoes into a large pot and cover with salted water; bring to a boil. Set aside. Divide dough into 8 equal pieces, dust a clean surface with cassava flour, and press/roll out into 1/4" thick tortillas. Refrigerate at least 1 hour. Hi Lene, I don’t/haven’t cooked with chickepea flour, so I cannot say how it would work. This super, quick and easy Nacho recipe is great when having friends around at the weekend. Heat a skillet over medium heat, drizzle lightly with olive oil, and cook on each side until golden brown. Hi, I’m very new to paleo, and here in Mexico it’s sometimes a bit tricky to find the ingredients. Hi Ally, I store them in the freezer for 2-3 months. Our Multigrain Sweet Potato tortilla chips are perfectly sweet & lightly salted with crunchy whole grains & seeds. Stir mashed sweet potato together with cassava flour in a bowl until smooth. The chips are a bit thicker than your average chip- almost a cracker- so can be paired with dip or cheese.