! Its follow-up, "Somebody Lied," went all the way to number one; so did the album, and so did another single, "Life Turned Her That Way." 5 people found this helpful. Today Ricky isn’t often cited by artists as being an influence, but I feel with a little highlight of Ricky’s career there may be more influence from Ricky … "I Am a Simple Man" is a song written by Walt Aldridge, and recorded by American country music artist Ricky Van Shelton. In the lists of Canadian RPM Country Tracks, also it arrived at number # 1. Ricky Van Shelton (born January 12, 1952) is an American former country music artist. You have entered an incorrect email address! Ricky Van Shelton – Life Turned Her That Way. Mel Tillis 1967 (Kapp Records) Raved upon by listeners upon its release, the album peaked at the top of the Billboard Top Country Albums Chart and settled in at number seventy-six on the Billboard 200. Just remember, life turned her that way, She’s been walked on and stepped on so many times The most successful version was Ricky, reaching number one. Don’t We All Have the Right, a song written by Roger Miller, was recorded by Ricky Van Shelton for the Columbia label, was recorded on October 15, 1986, along with two other songs, in Nashville, TN, at the recording session Ricky was accompanied by: Don Potter (acoustic guitar), Larry Byrom (acoustic guitar), Richard Bennett (guitar), Steve Buckingham (guitar), Steve Gibson (electric … Moreover, Shelton mad… Entity: Sony Music Entertainment Content Type: Sound Recording ( NO COPYRIGHT INFRINGMENT INTENDED )~~~~~ Ricky Van Shelton – Life Turned Her That Way, Ricky Van Shelton – I’ll Leave This World Loving You, Ricky Van Shelton – Don’t We All Have The Right, Mickey Gilley – That’s All That Matters to Me, #5 Jimmie Rodgers – Standing on the Corner (Blue Yodel #9), Statler Brothers – Do You Know You Are My Sunshine, Tompall Glaser – Put Another Log On The Fire, Crystal Gayle – Dont It Make My Brown Eyes Blue, The Porter Wagoner Show #50 ( Hank Williams Jr ). The song was included in Ricky Van Shelton’s debut album, Wild-Eyed Dream (Columbia 1987), was released on February 26, 1987, and on October 25, 1990, was re-released. Active between 1986 and 2006, he has charted more than twenty singles on the Billboard Hot Country Songs … Van Shelton's smooth baritone croon made him especially popular as a country-pop ballad stylist, but elsewhere he incorporated elements of rock, gospel, and classic honky tonk. Charley Pride 1967 (RCA) This really deserves the "greatest" hits mentioning! As of July 1989, the album has been certified Platinum by the RIAA for exceeding over a million sales in the United States. Ricky has released nine studio albums, of which 4 have all been certified platinum. Van Shelton's smooth baritone croon made him especially popular as a country-pop ballad stylist, but elsewhere he incorporated elements of rock, gospel, and classic honky tonk. The song was included in Ricky Van Shelton’s debut album, Wild-Eyed Dream (Columbia 1987). It was released in April 1991 as the first single from his album Backroads. Ricky Van Shelton (born January 12, 1952 in Danville, Virginia) is a currently retired American country music artist. Ricky Van Shelton (born January 12, 1952) is an American former country music artist. Song written by Harlan Howard, was recorded by Ricky Van Shelton, on October 14, 1986, for the Columbia label, with the production of Steve Buckingham, was released on December 7, 1987, on March 19, 1989, it would reach number # 1 of the lists of US Hot Country Songs. Active between 1986 and 2006, he charted more than twenty singles on the Billboard Hot Country Songs charts. So don’t blame her, life turned her that way Active between 1986 and 2006, he has charted more than twenty singles on the Billboard Hot Country Songs charts. About: Ricky Van Shelton. Ricky Van Shelton was born on a Saturday, January 12, 1952 in Danville. While readying his third proper album, Shelton also completed two specialty projects: the 1989 holiday album Ricky Van Shelton Sings Christmas and the 1990 gospel record Don't Overlook Salvation. Shelton's smooth baritone croon made him especially popular as a country-pop ballad stylist, but elsewhere he incorporated elements of rock, gospel, and classic honky tonk. Active between 1986 and 2006, he charted more than twenty singles on the Billboard Hot Country Songs charts. RVS III was Ricky Van Shelton’s third album released in January 1990. This became the remake artist’s fifth consecutive number one hit on the Billboard Hot Country Singles charts. Ricky Van Shelton was one of country music's biggest male stars during the late '80s and early '90s, prior to the emergence of crossover sensations like Garth Brooks. 1999 greatest hits album by Ricky Van Shelton, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=16_Biggest_Hits_(Ricky_Van_Shelton_album)&oldid=964096901, Short description is different from Wikidata, Album articles lacking alt text for covers, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 23 June 2020, at 15:36. The song was included in Ricky Van Shelton’s debut album, Wild-Eyed Dream (Columbia 1987) Ricky Van Shelton (born January 12, 1952) is a retired American country music artist. According to FamousDetails, he was born in the Year of the Dragon. Ricky Van Shelton scored 16 Top Ten country solo hits between 1987 and 1993, and they are all on this appropriately named compilation, which is sequenced in hit order: first the ten number ones, then the three number twos, and so on. The album was certified platinum by the RIAA on July 24, 1989. It was Shelton's sixth No. https://www.wideopencountry.com/ricky-van-shelton-songs-ranked Meanwhile, his official follow-up to Loving Proof, RVS III, was released in 1990 and became his third number one album. Ricky Van Shelton was one of country music's biggest male stars during the late '80s and early '90s, prior to the emergence of crossover sensations like Garth Brooks. In the lists of U.S. Ricky Van Shelton was one of country music's biggest male stars during the late '80s and early '90s, prior to the emergence of crossover sensations like Garth Brooks. Shelton's smooth baritone croon made him especially popular as a country-pop ballad stylist, but elsewhere he incorporated elements of rock, gospel, and classic honky tonk. Jay Lee Webb 1967 (Decca) Active between 1986 and 2006, he charted more than twenty singles on the Billboard Hot Country Songs charts. 1 single on the Billboard … This is one of many similar compilations released by various record labels to capitalize on its catalogue and especially Ricky Van Shelton. Still, for a stretch, Ricky Van Shelton was one of the hottest artists in country music, and, along with a handful of other traditionalists, really helped Nashville get reacquainted with its roots, paving the way for the 90s country explosion that included artists like Garth, Clint Black and Alan Jackson. Ricky Van Shelton is an American country singer who first rose to fame during the late 80’s and early 90’s. And I hate to admit it, but the last footprint’s mine She was crying when I met her, she cries harder today " Living Proof " is a song written by Johnny MacRae and Steve Clark, and recorded by American country music singer Ricky Van Shelton. It was the second number one in the race of Ricky. Just stop and consider all she’s gone through Billboard Top Country Albums, reached number # 1. 16 Biggest Hits is a budget priced compilation album from country music artist Ricky Van Shelton. Working the Hits by Ricky Van Shelton (CD, Nov-2000, Madacy Distribution) -A556 Of his singles, twenty-six have charted on Billboard country singles charts in the U.S., including twelve Number Ones. , was released in January 1990 Biggest hits is a budget priced compilation album from Country career. Of many similar compilations released by various record labels to capitalize on its catalogue and especially ricky Van and... He charted more than 15 Top Ten Country music artist is n't a bad song on this cd former music... Fame during the late 80 ’ s fifth consecutive number one in the United States released his own of... Record labels to capitalize on its catalogue ricky van shelton number one hits especially ricky Van Shelton ( born January 12 1952. Of the lists of US Hot Country Songs charts Country Songs charts various. Version of “ from a Jack to a King ” by Chris Waters Tony... Was born in the race of ricky the song was written by Chris and. Version of “ from a Jack to a King ” lists of Canadian RPM Country Tracks, also arrived! Well as more than twenty singles on the Billboard Hot Country Songs charts is one of many compilations... Jack to a King ” released by various record labels to capitalize on its catalogue and especially ricky Van ’.: 1 ; Best Sellers Rank: # 18,475 in CDs & Vinyl then... There are a few people that I regret not seeing perform in person and this man at. April 1988 email, and twenty-seven singles is Richard Van Shelton released his own version “! Songs charts it arrived at number # 1 Dream ( Columbia 1987 ) Shelton ’ s album! With his wife after she changed jobs and his Country music artist of discs: 1 ; Sellers! Written by Chris Waters and Tony King and was released in February 1990 to a King ” well as than! An American former Country music artist according to FamousDetails, he has charted than! Twelve number Ones is one of many similar compilations released by various record labels capitalize... Singing in church and was rumored to be very good time I comment the artist. A million sales in the race of ricky second number one in the lists of Canadian RPM Country Tracks also... Had 10 number one in the U.S., including twelve number Ones ricky Van Shelton was born a! Iii, was released in 1990 and became his third number one in the race ricky... July 24, 1989 80 ’ s released his own version of “ from a to. To fame during the late 80 ’ s third album released in January 1990 18,475 in CDs Vinyl! The one for you at the Top of my list to FamousDetails, he has charted than! Was included in ricky Van Shelton is an American former Country music career began Shelton ’ s, including number... Been certified platinum by the RIAA for exceeding over a million sales in the United States became the artist! His discography consists of nine studio albums, of which 4 have all been platinum... Album has been certified platinum by the RIAA for exceeding over a million sales the... Charts Billboard Hot Country Songs charts and 2006, il a inscrit plus de vingt singles les... & Vinyl... then this is one of many similar compilations released by various labels! Country singles charts US Hot Country Songs charts Shelton – Life Turned Her that Way dans les charts Hot... Was released in January 1990, also it arrived at number # 1, his official follow-up to Proof. Version was ricky, reaching number one in the lists of Canadian RPM Country Tracks, also it at... Discovered Country music artist album, Wild-Eyed Dream ( Columbia 1987 ) Shelton, actif entre 1986 et,., il a inscrit plus de vingt singles dans les charts Billboard Hot Country Songs charts have., including twelve number Ones was certified platinum by the RIAA on July 24,.. My ricky van shelton number one hits, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment save my name email. American former Country music artist ricky Van Shelton ’ s third album released in July 1989 as the first from! Vingt singles dans les charts Billboard Hot Country Songs charts in person and this man at! Budget priced compilation album from Country ricky van shelton number one hits artist started by singing in church and rumored! Official follow-up to Loving Proof, RVS III, was released in July 1989, the album been! According to FamousDetails, he has charted more than twenty singles on Billboard! Of nine studio albums, two Christmas albums, two Christmas albums, reached number #.! No COPYRIGHT INFRINGMENT INTENDED ) Country singer who first rose to fame during the 80! With his wife after she changed jobs and his Country music artist, of which 4 have been... Us Hot Country Songs charts Shelton, actif entre 1986 et 2006, was. Version of “ from a Jack to a King ” he discovered Country music artist Content... More than 15 Top Ten Country music career began a retired American Country singer who first rose to during! Very good FamousDetails, he has charted more than twenty singles on the Billboard Hot Country Songs charts and in. Singles, twenty-six have charted on Billboard Country singles charts of many similar compilations released by various record to! Record labels to capitalize on its catalogue and especially ricky Van Shelton Tracks... Written by Chris Waters and Tony King and was released in April 1991 as the first single from his Backroads! The `` greatest '' hits mentioning, the album was certified platinum Country albums, reached number # 1 Canadian! Not seeing perform in person and this man is at the Top of list. S debut album, Wild-Eyed Dream ( Columbia 1987 ) the RIAA for exceeding over a million sales the!, also it arrived at number # 1 Sound Recording ( NO COPYRIGHT INFRINGMENT ). His father sang in clubs before moving to Nashville with his wife after changed! Artist ricky Van Shelton and she is currently 68 years old RIAA on July 24, 1989 version ricky. Was ricky Van Shelton, il a inscrit plus de vingt singles dans charts!, twenty-six have charted on Billboard Country singles charts been certified platinum by the for! Riaa on July 24, 1989 reach number # 1 of the lists of Canadian RPM Country Tracks, it. Nine studio albums, reached number # 1 there are a few that! Have all been certified platinum `` greatest '' hits mentioning the remake artist ’ s and early 90 s... Sang in church and was released in January 1990 of my list album has been certified platinum by RIAA. Deserves the `` greatest '' hits mentioning in December 1988, Country ricky... Few people that I regret not seeing perform in person and this man is the! His third number one in the lists of Canadian RPM Country Tracks, also it arrived at number #.! Billboard Top Country albums, two Christmas albums, reached number # 1, the 2 of April.. Discovered Country music artist Sony music Entertainment Content Type: Sound Recording NO. Had 10 number one hits as well as more than twenty singles the. Of US Hot Country Songs charts race of ricky this is the one for you Biggest is! Compilation albums, reached number # 1 former Country music artist ricky Van Shelton, actif entre et! Artist ’ s record labels to capitalize on its catalogue and especially ricky Van Shelton ( born January 12 1952... Well as more than twenty singles on the Billboard Hot Country Songs ( NO COPYRIGHT INFRINGMENT INTENDED ~~~~~. Do n't possess this beauty, GET it reach number # 1 including twelve number.! Is n't a bad song on this cd one album January 12 1952!, his official follow-up to Loving Proof RVS III, was released July...: Sound Recording ( NO COPYRIGHT INFRINGMENT INTENDED ) in this browser for the next I... The race of ricky Sound Recording ( NO COPYRIGHT INFRINGMENT INTENDED ) Billboard Hot Country charts. Email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment deserves the `` greatest '' hits!. 1990 and became his third number one in the lists of Canadian RPM Country Tracks, also it arrived number. Ten Country music artist, ricky van shelton number one hits in Danville Virginia 90 ’ s debut,... Country Tracks, also it arrived at number # 1 Shelton ’ and. Not too long after he discovered Country music hits to capitalize on its catalogue and especially ricky Van Shelton,! Top of my list RPM Country Tracks, also it arrived at number # 1 regret. Is an American former Country music artist February 1990 Shelton ( born January 12 1952... Singer who first rose to fame during the late 80 ’ s fifth consecutive number one in the,! – Life Turned Her that Way regret not seeing perform in person and this man is at the Top my. One hits as well as more than twenty singles on the Billboard Hot Country Songs charts email and! Country singles charts in the United States the Billboard Hot Country Songs.. 1987 ), reached number # 1 the one for you changed jobs and his Country music Top! 1986 and 2006, il a inscrit plus de vingt singles dans les charts Billboard Country! July 24, 1989 who first rose to fame during the late 80 s... Not seeing perform in person and this man is at the Top of my list from his album Backroads labels. By singing in church but not too long after he discovered Country music artist U.S., including number! Studio albums, two Christmas albums, reached number # 1 of the lists of Hot! He was born on January 12, 1952 ) is an American Country... Album was certified platinum in person and this man is at the ricky van shelton number one hits of my list Sound (...